Old 11-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #106  

Height: 5'5"

I love WEED! Or at least the version of it on here. I understand that the other kind gives you the munchies.

I am hoping that I can jump in. The board is kind of quiet in general (pre-New Year Resolutions kind of quiet), and I would love to join a motivated group.

By way of intro, I have been on 3FC on and off since 2009, I believe. My first major weight loss effort, I lost from about 250 to about 165. And then slowly gained it all back, plus a heap more when I went to law school and went through a divorce, etc. I started again in earnest at 271 in May 2012 when I was studying for the bar. The exercise was an amazing de-stresser when I really needed it. I dropped down to 203 by January 2013. And I have slowly gained since then. I am actually pretty happy about being at 232 and deciding to get back on it. It feels like an easier place to start than 250 or 272. And it seems like I'm learning to maintain, which is really the ultimate challenge.

W - 120 oz. daily

E - Today's goal: 30-minute walk. Tomorrow's goal - Day 1 of whatever weight lifting program I decide to do.

E - Had pancakes for breakfast. Oops. Today's goal - Low cal the rest of the day. Tomorrow's goal - Stay on plan, but stay away from sugar completely.

D - Today - Decide on a weight lifting program and institute my new organizational system for work. Tomorrow's goal - Consistently use the new work organizational system.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #107  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome LaurieDawn! This is a great group of chicks and MANY of us have been around playing tag with our scales. Good for you for getting back here! Look forward to getting to know you!

So went to bed a late last night (11:00). Woke up at midnight, was in the friggin bathroom AGAIN for the next 4 hours, no less that 15 trips. Back to bed at 4:00am. Up again at 6:00. I'm so done. Thank goodness tomorrow is a holiday because I need to sleep all day.

So before I go, wanted to send out a thank you to any of your and your loved ones that serve(d) our country protecting our rights, our freedom of choice, and our safety as a nation. I have the utmost respect for our men and women in the military. Please hug your people an extra time from me tomorrow! Happy Veteran's Day ladies!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #108  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Mornin' Weedies.

Thanks for the thoughts! Feeling much better today. Still get a funny heat wave (mini fever) here and there, but slept SOLID last night for the first time in months. I know it was because I was so worn out and dehydrated the two days before, but it was amazing.

Carma - I will be MFPing again starting tomorrow. Got off track, and my weight loss really slowed down. I guess I know what works!

Mavie - Look at you and all those steps! That's awesome. I'm having a motivational moment day (see below) so I'm gonna get back to it.

Jcat - Ahh. A sleep day and a walk. Sounds perfect. I need to get back to getting out in the open air. It's time. Glad you are finding some time for just you and DH. Hope you feel better very soon! By the way, we are taking the kids to Disneyland next weekend and stay at the D-Land Hotel. They all traded getting birthday gifts to on the over nighter. Should be fun!

Tiggie - what's up you little love bug! Burning extra calories "that way" is awesome, but I have lost my mojo. I know my weight and my job are ruining me. I have to turn it around. I do have a hubby who adores me, and I need to let him know I appreciate that. I have a caught a glimpse of myself in my eternal pajama wearing state over the last 3 days and wonder why he he hasn't run from the house screaming. I need to sexy it back up (or at least remove the mascara at night so I dont look like such a heroin addict when i get up in the morning. Congrats on the downscale slide! You are kicking back in!

aschooley - how goes the bowflex? That is one piece of equipment that I have never owned but has always intriqued me. You use you own body weight as resistance in most cases, right?

Motivational Moment-
Well - we heard Thursday that the offer we have had in on a house has FINALLY been accepted by both the 1st and 2nd mtg holders of the seller. We may be signing as soon as next Friday, which would put keys in our hands on or before the 1st of the year. Fingers crossed, but suddenly feeling unready! after waiting in misery for 5 months, I'm kinda freaked out about the packing and cleaning and painting and, and, and.... So, I started poking around my closet this morning and found 2 boxes of clothes that I had placed away and marked MARCH 2013 back in January. I weighed 207 then and figured I would be in those clothes in 2 months. I now weigh 219. WTH? So I could essentially change the 3 in 2013 to a 4 at this point. I have to get with it.

I have also been spending WAY too much time pining over rescuing ANOTHER dog while my perfectly good overweight dog lays here looking at me longing to go for a walk. I have come to the conclusion, that a second dog will not motivate, but will probably just add new stress to what looks to be a potentially busy holiday season. So as much as I want to, I am holding off on pet number 2. This makes me sad, because there more than enough dogs deserving a second chance right now. Don't worry little pups, I will be back!

Lastly, I need to let myself relax. I have to learn to enjoy, and let go of control. I am sooo bad at this. You have heard me say it over and over, I'm a planner. A spreadsheet queen. A "just in case" girl. I have to just do it. Just step outside the front door with the dog on a leash. Just leave my work on my desk and come back to it tomorrow, not drag it home (10 to 12 hours a day is enough!) I need to quit "offering advice" to my staff, my son, my husband. I need to let life play out, AND ENJOY IT. I want to be fun again. I want this house thing to be exciting, not work. I have worked since I was 11 dreaming of a house like this. Why is it so scary that its finally in my grasp?

Okay, so checking in with myself now Down 7.4 lbs since returning from vacation, so 4 weeks. Not to shabby, just gotta regain my focus. Going for another 7 by end of November. With you all here, I know its possible!

WEED for the Week
W: 100oz
E: 8000 Steps - Put that dog on a leash 3 x this week!
E: MFP 1600 cal - Daily - Prep 3 meals
D: Enjoy it. Learn from it. Let it lead you.
Congrats on buying the house...I know it can be frustrating dealing with mortgage companies. I gave up on the boxes of "skinny" clothes during my last move. I donated them. I figured that I can just but new if I ever lost the weight. Hopefully it will happen this time!! I have thought about buying one dream outfit in the size I want to be, hang it where I can see it for a little motivation.

I have the bowflex treadclimber. It is the one where you can do a treadmill, stair stepper, or elliptical. Or all three at the same time. I am not in good enough shape to do anything but the treadmill. But I am working on it.

I weighed in this morning. I lost 3 lbs this week for a total of 13 lbs.

Weekly goal:

W: 80 oz everyday ...(I know I can do it)
E: Bowflex 3 times, yoga 3 times
E: stick to plan
D: lose 20lbs by Thanksgiving (13 down...7 to go)
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #109  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Just popping in real quick to say hi. I took the day off because hubbie had it off. We hit the gym this morning and did a few things around here, Kris-. Now we are going to do some shopping.

I will check in better later.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! I think I may join up with your group. Here’s me in a nutshell:

I’m a 51-year-old mother and wife. I work in healthcare. I joined 3FC back in 2010, when I decided I didn’t want to get any heavier than I was at that time. I weighed 191 pounds and saw that big 200 not too far in my future. I had been 230 at my heaviest in the past and I did not want to get even close to that ever again. I started by counting calories and stuck to around 1300-1400/day, watched my fats, increased fiber, drank a lot of water. I had never been one to work out or exercise in any capacity. I had a hard time finding something that I enjoyed and could stick with. I have been doing Leslie Sansone walking DVDs in my home since then. My original goal weight was 140….I reached 150 and then Christmas came. Ever since that point I had struggled with 4-6 pounds on and off.

It wasn’t until this year that I got above 156 and stayed there. Having begun menopause within the last year or so, I feel it has been harder for me to lose although I don’t want to make any excuses for myself. For several reasons that I can see, I have backed off on my exercise. Weight loss or no, exercise is very important as I have arthritis issues and moving and losing weight greatly improved that.

So. Here I am. Last week, I bought jeans in a size up from where I have been for 3+ years. I’m finding it harder and harder to say no to foods that I had easily made to be occasional choices for myself. I don’t feel as good as I did being at 150 and exercising a minimum of 5 days/week.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Welcome LaurieDawn and AnnieD!

Mindy, yay for days off, I took it too!

Carma, I sure am still on C25K, finished week 6 this am, took a few extra days because my back has been tweaked, but I finished. Now, onto week 7!!

Kris, sorry you are still battling that!

W 100
E Got the c25k and crunches in
E OP so far, stick with it
D Do what it takes to put yourself first
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #112  

Just going to post this until I can get a system going.

Water: Est. 75-80 oz. today

Exercise: None today, but that's fixin' to change.

Eats: I've done well today except for about 15 pieces of candy corn.

Daily goal: Today I met my goal by doing something proactive to get myself back on track. I joined this group.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #113  
Calorie Counter

just a quick fly by ladies.

No matter how much rest I get, how many fluids, I am still completely sick. I seem to be dehydrated, but I am drinking 80 oz of water plus at least two 16 ounce cups of green tea everyday, but I am still showing signs of dehydration. No fever thank goodness, but I cant seem to get the energy to do anything. I cant breath so no working out. last time I was like this it lasted 36 days! I am on day 10 now. If I get to day 15 I am going to the doctor.

I have Tommy's conference after work tomorrow, then cooking class (DH and my walk time). I am pretty sure his conference will go well. I am going to talk to the teacher about how many of the third graders are picking on him. He is in second grade, but he is bigger than most of the kids (4'8 1/2" 86 pounds) he is smart, funny, and very sensitive. I don't really know what is going on, but I do need to get to the bottom of it. Makenna's conference will be normal.....she is smart but talks to much....she needs to not be so sensitive when she gets the answer wrong......she needs to try harder before she asks for help. Her teacher was my husbands, and my fifth grade teacher.

Kris~I really would love to do a weekend trip to Disneyland. But we will be heading back in March.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #114  

w 100
e stairs at work, walk at lunch and crunches, 10k steps
e op
d stay out of the dark place. Work on getting a system to get caught up at work!

Jeni, feel better and good luck with the conferences!

Annie, love your "D" and you are absolutely right!

Happy Tuesday all!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #115  
mtiger

Wink

Day off with hubbie was nice. Did a few things and relaxed. Did 45 min. on the treadmill at the gym. Gained about a pound. 184.8. YUCK!! Don't get it sometimes. I have even gone back to tracking my food. The program says I was well under my calories for the day. What gives??
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #116  

Hello everyone! I got to bed and asleep early last night. That is another goal I would like to meet....regularly getting more sleep than I have been getting. I just need to start the shutdown process an hour or so sooner than I'm use to. Will shoot for that tonight.

W: 75oz. so far today.
Exercise: 1 mile aerobic walking (Leslie Sansone)
E: So far, so good, on plan.
D: That get to bed early thing...

Had an issue with one of my sons this morning (he's 17) and I am working very hard not to have a chip on my shoulder about that or to make too big of a deal of it.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-12-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #117  
mtiger

Wink

gym last night..yay!!! getting there pretty regularly these days. DId a variety last night. 10 min. stairmaster, 1 mile run and 15 min. on the bike. Then did some leg work and shoulders. Mixing it up. Sitting at 183.6.

have I mentioned how bad I want to be under 180??? Again.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #118  

Hello everyone! MTiger, great job at the gym!

Had a doctor appt. this morning and got a late start on my water drinking! I like to get most of it in before late afternoon so I'm not running to the bathroom all evening. Resisted a brownie in the kitchen at work....that is really tough for me. Baked goods are a favorite of mine.

Water: 64 oz. so far today
Exercise: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walking DVD this morning.
Eats: On plan. I'm on my own tonight, so planning for a light supper.
Daily goal: Go to bed with the satisfaction of knowing I stayed on plan today.

**Daily goal for tomorrow will be to do a minimum of 2 miles exercise.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #119  
Calorie Counter

I think I am starting to feel better

We had some good conferences, nothing we didn't expect. Except that our school district is no longer working on spelling for the kids (second grade). as long as they can write the words how they sound, spell check will correct the problem???WTF??? Lucky for me Tommy is an excellent speller. But I am so not happy with this. I mean who needs to know how to multiply/divide/add/subtract when the calculator will do it for me??? I told the teacher how I felt to. She is nice, but this is very flawed logic, and I guess it is time for another letter to the school board.

W 100 oz
E no workouts yet
E 1400 cals
D Feel better
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #120  

Yay ladies, doing great!

W 100
E 11014 steps today (so far) finished W6D3, 20 minute run! Yay me
E OP