Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
I think I am starting to feel better

We had some good conferences, nothing we didn't expect. Except that our school district is no longer working on spelling for the kids (second grade). as long as they can write the words how they sound, spell check will correct the problem???WTF??? Lucky for me Tommy is an excellent speller. But I am so not happy with this. I mean who needs to know how to multiply/divide/add/subtract when the calculator will do it for me??? I told the teacher how I felt to. She is nice, but this is very flawed logic, and I guess it is time for another letter to the school board.

W 100 oz
E no workouts yet
E 1400 cals
D Feel better
WOW. I would be very concerned as well and you are right to speak up. KEEP speaking up, too!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #122  

YAY!! Met my goal of getting in a 2 Mile WATP workout today!!

This is a big one for me. Within the last few months, I have backed off on exercise....due to several not-very-good-reasons, one being a broke a bone in my foot. I was told I could exercise when I felt like it. Laziness being another reason. So working back up to a minimum of 2 miles and preferably 3 or 4 miles, 5 days/week minimum is what I am working on now.

Proud of myself. I never regret exercising. I regret when I don't. Some folks don't think exercise is a part of weight loss, but for me, it is vital.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

LaurieDawn and AnnieDrews

Mavis: I am right behind you then with C25K I finish up week 6 Saturday and week 7 starts Sunday.

jcatron: Holy crap about the spelling. Seriously? Complain for sure. My son who is in 5th grade now and I have had to put up with ridiculous math lessons while they are relearning the right way to do things informed me that in 6th grade they go back to "Old school" math. He will be all set for it though as I have showed him that from the get go.

Aschooley: congrats on the weight loss.

Mtiger: what was the sodium content for the day? As you get older your body might not process sodium that well. I know my body doesn't.

Kris: glad to hear about the house. Thank you for your veterans day hugs. My husband and I are both veterans and we went to texas road house for dinner where they let veterans eat all day for free. The kids were also on 99cent kids night so we basically paid for potato skins and a 10$ gift card we bought for a national guard member. 20 bucks was the bill and we tipped the waitress 7 dollars.

I have gotten sick. Delay on closing on my Mom's house. My MIL is in the hospital still and not doing well. All in all bad week. My exercise has gone way down but luckily my food intake has too with being sick. I have almost lost my voice. Should be a fun day with patients tomorrow. Plus I signed up for a bonus shift in critical care. Ugh.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #124  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Carma~my daughters teacher told me they were back to the old school math too! Thank goodness. (she is in 5th)

Back to work today. still not feeling the greatest but better than a few days ago. I can't sleep but I am exhausted. Oh well. Nothing new there.

W 80 oz
E probably nothing, but I will try for a mile tonight
E 1400 cals
D don't dwell.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #125  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

4th grade teacher checking in here. We do spelling but when writing we don't focus on it until editing. Parents get all concerned about spelling and they feel it is super important. Ideas and content are where it's at. We need kids to be deep thinkers and analyzers. Even in math kids need to know facts and operations but they need to understand concepts and application more. Enough said. Common core...it's the wave of the future.

Still 183.6 today. Good workout at the gym last night, didn't affect the scale. It has been 57 days since TOM now. I think that really makes weight loss difficult.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #126  

Mtiger-Menopause for you? I believe that is one of the reasons I have put on a bit of weight and am struggling. Seems like it's all in my midsection, too.

W: On track for 64+ for the day.
E: 2 miles walking with weights!!
E: Oatmeal, fruit, raw veg, string cheese, wheat crackers, doing good so far!
G: NOT to stress out today. Busy at work and then volunteering at the football game concession stand....band parent here.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #127  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hello my lovelies! Guess who's in escrow! The sellers banks want escrow closed by December 20th. I'm slightly freaked out and on cloud 9 at the same time. We aren't moving in right away because we are going to do some work first. At least I don't have to rush and pack.

I am exhausted. Have to pack for Disneyland overnighter and whet to bed. Wanted to you all quickly and tell you I'm thinking about ya! I need to survive this weekend and get back on track. Be good to yourselves!

Welcome to the Weeders AnnieDrews! You'll love these girls!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #128  
mtiger

Wink

Glad it is the weekend..enough said. Hopefully getting in a little yard work before snow flies around here. Oh wait it already did last week. Well it is supposed to be nice here. Maybe we will get to the gym at least once this weekend. 183.4 today.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Kris, closing, yay for you!!!!

Mindy, I am doing the same tomorrow, yard work and trying to get my outside decorations done before the crazy cold gets here!

W 100, missed a little today
E Did c25k w7d1, going to repeat, I had a tough time
E op mostly but I did eat two chips ahoy cookies
D good day
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #130  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~ The teacher actually told me the school district is no longer focusing on spelling because of spell check. Its crazy to me. She said if a kid doesn't pick it up after seeing it a few times they will never be good spellers. I understand your explanation, but I am a firm believer in fundamentals.

Kris I hope you are having a great time! Hurray for closing!

Annie~do you walk with dumbells or ankle weights?

YAWN! I went to a Vince Neil concert last night (aka former lead singer for Motley Crue) It was fun! bad thing=working weekend. I got in bed at 10 and up at two. I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before last too. I would call in sick, but a couple of my other co-workers were there too. Oh well its only twelve hours.

W 64 oz
E extra laps at the plant, climb some extra stairs
E 1400 cals
D stay awake!

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-17-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #131  

Ouch Jeni, that's going to be a long day!

W 100
E Yard work, house cleaning, crunches and possibly a walk or a WII game
E POP, made a big pot of soup yesterday for my weekday lunches. Buffalo chicken!
D Get some house cleaning done so I come home to a clean house!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Well survived my bonus shift in critical care. Bad news was I slept late so was up until 2am this morning and my darling son woke me up for something completely non essential at 7am. I did complete week 6 of C25K and am moving on to C25K W7D1. Mavis I am on your tail. I just discovered there is a free run option so I am thinking about doing the free run on Monday and Thursday's. Just to increase my stamina. Plus running is such a great calorie burner. Down to 200.2 this morning. Fingers crossed for Onderland and staying there. Ugh. My kids are making me yell with no voice. Not happy.

JCat: Hope your long day went okay and try and get some sleep when your done.

Kris: Have a blast at Disney, congrats on the closing date.

Mavis: I am stealing your D. my house is a disaster and I have a ton of laundry.

mtiger: Enjoy the yard work.

WEED for this week
W: 100oz
E: all 7 days. Minimum 45 minutes.
E: Keep the calories under 1600. No cheat days focus, focus, focus.
D: Having a party next Saturday, must clean house this week. At least an hour a day plus most of today.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #133  

It's been a good day! Got some cleaning done.
Hubby took me to breakfast and then we went to the mall. I needed new sneakers because my knees were achy when running. I also got a gorgeous pair of italian leather boots (high) and a pair of bootie shoes. Was a shoe day!

Then came home and re-ran W7 day1!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #134  
Calorie Counter

I made it through yesterday!

I did peak at my scale, because of my cold I haven't been working out (and DH has been stopping for dinner) and I haven't gained much so that is a plus. My official W/I day isn't until Friday so I am keeping my fingers crossed)

Today?
W 80 oz
E get on the treadmill while mak is at basketball practice
E 1400 cals
D good attitude, only 1 more day till my stupidvisors vacation!

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-18-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #135  
mtiger

Wink

Got a few flower beds cleared out before the storm rolled in. Tucked tail and ran into the house. Pretty hefty winds and a ton of rain, but nothing like other place saw. Praise God!!

183.4 ...still.