Old 07-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #271  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Good evening girls,

I was OP for the day and lifted weights. I ate my breakfast at 4:30am since I had to work at 6am. Usually, I get to take my break about 3-4 hours into the day but since it was super busy today my boss sent me to take my break at 11 fricking 30 am. 11:30am!! You can't imagine how hungry I got and I swear, I was staring at the ham&cheese croissants and the little pancakes and I thought that maybe I could have a little bit on my break. The cravings only lasted for a few minutes though because I calmed myself down and I told myself "your body wants nutrients right now, NOT calories." and that really helped me. So after 7 full hours I finally got to eat my turkey sandwich, 2 bags of apple slices and a salad. And I was happy that I didn't reach for any junk food.

My weight this morning: 142.2 lbs I was a little shocked but since I had a late sodium-rich dinner AND I'm TOM-ready I wasn't totally upset.

Kaitie9399
- What an arse, I'm sorry, but did he not hear you say that you've already lost a big amount of weight?! More importantly, that you're doing your best to get rid of more? Jeez...

jm747 - Congrats on your loss! Considering the fact that you were on vacation - double congrats!

Shrinkmeplease - Good luck on your weight loss journey! Did you manage to stay OP today?

SuperCecilia
- I have tried the brushing-my-teeth-trick but I gotta say it didn't really help. Once the cravings are there it's really hard for me to get rid of them. Are you eating enough during the day? Try brushing your teeth and if it doesn't work and you really need to satisfy the cravings then maybe eat something similar (sweet/salty) but healthier instead?

I wish you all a successful and healthy month of August! I know July has been full of struggles and mixed emotions for each and everyone of us, so let's make August a really good one!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 177.8/155/150

Height: 5"10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCecilia View Post
Was OP yesterday, and went for a three and a half mile run - and then got home and after my shower, had some chocolate ice cream and tortilla chips. I've been doing well with eating during the day and then I get derailed at night. I need to come up with a strategy to deal with this - maybe brush my teeth after dinner and then not eat again?

I got on the scale today and it said 198. My "break-up" weight gain - I thought I had been doing okay, but I know my carbs have been higher than they have been. Now, granted it might not be "real" weight gain (salt from the tortilla chips) but I am definitely heavier now than I was at the beginning on of July. I am going to nip this in the bud and stay in onederland. On plan so far today and no derailing myself with night eating!

shrinkme - pierogies are so tempting!

Julia - congrats on your loss!

kaitie - sorry about your doctor's visit. It is awful when docs are obnoxious like that. I have slight pre-diabetes as well. Don't worry, you can beat this!

I struggle in the evenings myself- last night to combat the "munchie temptation" I went to bed at 8o'clock!

And a 3.5 mile run is impressive in itself! You're doing great.

OP today so far- after suffering through a lunch break surrounded my my coworkers take out items (that was so hard!) hopefully make it through the night
Shrinkmeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #273  

Ok, day one of checking my blood sugar was fine. I was pretty on target for the day, my highest number was 145 and that was right after breakfast (which was two cups of cereal) My new nutritionist (aren't I lucky), was pretty impressed with all the progress I've made (hallelujah) and was really happy with my record keeping on fitday.com. She only made slight adjustments to my diet, so that's a good thing. I was already on the right track she's just tweaking it a little bit.

OP for the day and 65 minutes of zumba! I would really like to see 165 sometime in this century... I popped down to 166.8 about a week ago but my scale just won't go back there. I don't get it. I'm eating right and working out. Why won't the scale move down? It's annoying.

I hope everyone else is having a good week and staying on plan.

Here's some will power dust for all of us!

Keep up the good work! Happy Thursday!

Last edited by Kaitie9399; 07-31-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #274  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

I've been bad lol. I really can't get up the motivation this week between work, pain and itchy hives. I keep saying I'll do it tomorrow right now *sigh*
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends! Happy August! I'm with Hoopty - July was a tough month, but today is a new day, and a new month, so let's make it a good one!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #276  
Breathing.

Happy August everyone!

Just a quick check-in from my phone. I was OP and very low-calorie today (unintentionally - I wasn't really hungry). I had a pretty bad headache and felt super bloated due to TOM. Well at least it's here. Very curious about my weight in the AM!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the congrats! I'm feeling pretty good today!

Yesterday:

1. Take a Multivitamin daily - Yes
2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day - Yes
3. Check in here every day - Yes
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - Did well
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Happy

Nothing to report today, all is well. Feeling a little anxious over a non weight related matter and hoping it doesn't give me the munchies.
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #278  
Breathing.

Good evening girls,

I was OP, went for a 3-mile run and did 15 min of stretching. I slept a lot today and I mean A LOT. I was in such a depressed mood in the afternoon that I decided to go for a run. Thank God it had cooled down - close to 100 degrees today! Maybe that's why I wasn't feeling hungry at all.

Weight this morning: 140.0 lbs. I'm joining another 20-day challenge starting August 12th where you set goals/a plan for yourself that you HAVE to stick to, no excuses whatsoever, and one of my goals is to stretch, stretch, stretch! I would seriously love to be able to do a split one day but in order to get there I gotta work on it.

jm474 - Stay strong and feel better soon!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Hoopty; 08-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #279  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies,

Happy Friday. I've missed a couple days of posting but I have been 100% OP and I've been working out. Just been super busy. It's amazing how much more energy I have when I'm eating right. I am down 6 pounds since Sunday. I gotta keep it going. Congrats to everyone who has had a good week.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #280  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopty View Post
Good evening girls,

I was OP, went for a 3-mile run and did 15 min of stretching. I slept a lot today and I mean A LOT. I was in such a depressed mood in the afternoon that I decided to go for a run. Thank God it had cooled down - close to 100 degrees today! Maybe that's why I wasn't feeling hungry at all.

Weight this morning: 140.0 lbs. I'm joining another 20-day challenge starting August 12th where you set goals/a plan for yourself that you HAVE to stick to, no excuses whatsoever, and one of my goals is to stretch, stretch, stretch! I would seriously love to be able to do a split one day but in order to get there I gotta work on it.

jm474 - Stay strong and feel better soon!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Thanks! I'm hanging in there
Old 08-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #281  

Yesterday:

1. Take a Multivitamin daily - Yes
2. Drink 12.5 cups of water a day - Yes
3. Check in here every day - Yes
4. Stick with food plan (no specific diet just make healthier choices, eat smaller portions) - Did well
5. Do not obsess over weight fluctuations - Doing ok
Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #282  

Good Evening Everyone!

Mostly OP for the day, resisted the endless amounts of Doritos, Cheese Doodles, and Butter Cookies are a family gathering tonight. Holy guacamole, why are carbs in EVERYTHING!!! My blood sugar was pretty good today, dinner was a little high but I have fruit and a hot dog bun (well the hot dog too but that doesn't matter). Hopefully I can get this blood sugar thing under control sooner than later. I know for a fact that it's a blessing that I have already made significant strides in controlling my blood sugar by losing weight and keeping such diligent records. The pre-natal doctor said that I would have to keep checking my blood sugar throughout my entire pregnancy. Oh by the way, in case anyone wants to know--endobiopsy's suck royally. I took 4 advil and it still was wretched.

Anyway, I didn't exercise (unless you count exercising patience as actually exercise) because of the biopsy, tomorrow I'll do my zumba and wii.

Night! Happy Saturday!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #283  

Happy Saturday Everyone!

High OP for the day. All good food and I'm working hard on keeping things low carb so that my blood sugars even out. Today was a good day for my blood sugar, no spikes or anything. Wahoo!

I did 37 minutes of zumba! and 23 minutes of wfp.

Have a peaceful Sunday!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #284  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default August!!! I will OWN you! ;)

Hi everyone! Have been MIA on the site for a little while. I was trying to focus on accomplishing some goals in my life that don't have to do with weight loss. I needed to adapt a new routine. I am doing much better with the cravings and energy. Did not have to take the shots. I am feeling a lot better! Weight this morning was 150.2! I hope that sticks!

Mini goal by August 15: 149 (10 pounds from goal & 40 pounds lost) "officially" at the center weigh in!

August weight loss goal: 6 pounds
"official" SW: 152 on 8/2
Goal weight: 146

Just focus on the plan! Good luck and best wishes for everyone in August!

= 5 pounds

Over 53 inches lost
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #285  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Junebug - Glad things are going better for you and I hope you're able to make your goal by the 15th.

I've had a great week, finally! This morning I went to Stone Mountain and did a 45 minute walk with lots of hills. It felt really good. I am finally motivated and back in my zone. My goal is to lose 35 pounds by the end of the year. In mid Dec. I go on a cruise and even though I'm not setting a weight goal, I am setting a goal of fitting my summer clothes. Right now, I am at the weigt I was three cruises ago when I was absolutely miserable and didn't enjoy the trip. I never want to feel like that again so I must stay on track.

I hope you ladies all have a great Sunday!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote