Old 05-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #61  

I've been a total exercise addict the last week, and I think I may have over did it. This morning I got up (feeling great infact) and I stretched my arms above my head. When I did I heard a crack! rrrrrriiippp! Then I had a wave of pain and now I can't move my neck. At all! Gah!! I obviously tore something, and I am so upset because I had a list of activities I wanted to do this weekend like go hiking and frisbee golf. Instead I'm icing my neck and trying very hard not to move.

Now I'm slightly panicking on the inside because I'm afraid being forced to take these rests days is going to set me back. Should I cut back my calories while I wait for my neck to heal? Not sure how to handle this injury. No more Turbo Fire for me this week.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fat2jump View Post
I've been a total exercise addict the last week, and I think I may have over did it. This morning I got up (feeling great infact) and I stretched my arms above my head. When I did I heard a crack! rrrrrriiippp! Then I had a wave of pain and now I can't move my neck. At all! Gah!! I obviously tore something, and I am so upset because I had a list of activities I wanted to do this weekend like go hiking and frisbee golf. Instead I'm icing my neck and trying very hard not to move.

Now I'm slightly panicking on the inside because I'm afraid being forced to take these rests days is going to set me back. Should I cut back my calories while I wait for my neck to heal? Not sure how to handle this injury. No more Turbo Fire for me this week.
Sorry to hear about that injuries make exercising really hard.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #63  

I hope myfitnesspal.com is right about my 5 week predicted weight!

4th of July is 5 weeks from yesterday. MFP said I will weigh 177.9lbs based on my plan today (and I'm pretty consistent). That would mean I met my goal of 180 plus a little insurance! *praying my wish comes true!*
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

seize the day -- congrats on the mini loss. WAY better than gaining, and that is impressive for a vacation.

Going2BeThatGirl -- congrats too! So nice to meet goals

2fat2jump -- so sorry about your neck... Hope it's not anything serious and you can continue working out and get out this weekend. If you can't though, then I probably would cut back on calories (unless you are already at 1100 or something, then I would probably stay the same). Hope that makes sense, lol.

elvislover324 -- Let's hope MFP is right on! I'm praying my numbers are true too, ha ha.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #65  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Good morning chicks! Weighed in at 141 today, despite a dreadful fat-food-filled holiday weekend I seem to have cheated the scales, woo!

2fat2jump- did you twist your neck at all? I know sometimes I've looked one way too suddenly and something has gone ping in my neck meaning that I can't turn my head for the rest of the day. It usually gets better after 24 hours when that happens, so I hope that that might be the case for you too and you get better quickly!

Elvis- after seeing your thread recently about getting into onederland, I'm amazed with the quick progress you seem to be making, way to go! You'll be there in no time
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post
2fat2jump- did you twist your neck at all? I know sometimes I've looked one way too suddenly and something has gone ping in my neck meaning that I can't turn my head for the rest of the day. It usually gets better after 24 hours when that happens, so I hope that that might be the case for you too and you get better quickly!
I think I tore a muscle somewhere from my neck to my shoulder. It’s doing a little better today now that I’ve been moving around, although when I woke up this morning I had that I’ve been hit by a MAC truck feeling. Yesterday was brutal though. I iced it all day and took some advil. By the end of the day I couldn’t take not exercising and got on the treadmill for an hour. I just did a leisurely pace and walked 2.5 miles, nothing strenuous.

Congrats on cheating the scales, Leaves! Haha I’ve had a week or two like that, but it usually catches up to me the week after and I’ll maintain rather than lose. Hopefully you won’t have that problem!

Elvis – I have total faith that you’ll reach your MFP number. You’re a weightloss machine!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #67  

Thanks ladies!! MFP isn't always kind to me but I'm hoping it is for the next 5 weeks!! I was just so excited to see it as the prediction!

And 2fat2jump, owwwwwww. Your poor neck. I hope you are feeling better soon. Be sure to take it easy and not hurt yourself more.

And leaves, I'm not making that great a progress, just making up lost time (weight?) from when I stalled out. I caught the woosh fairy and threatened her to give me some good losses! And she responded to my threats!

jessicado, I keep meaning to tell you. Your profile picture makes me smile every time I see it. Such a beautiful mom with her 2 babies. I hope I have one just as nice some day!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #68  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Down to 244.2 hoping to pull a pound or two weight loss for next week!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Just trying to keep up with this thread!

thinkthin1-you're welcome! I am still stoked for you! I seriously can't imagine how great you must feel. I have lost 50 before like I have now, but 100! woo hoo! LOL

sum38-thanks!!

zoesmom-thanks! and good job at the yogurt place. Those places do me in. I love the peanutbutter cup topping too much! must stay away from ours-it's called SkinnyDip!

amandie-thanks!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya all. Just had a huge whoosh on the scale and I'm down to 212... What is crazy is that I started dieting/exercising on April 5, so basically in 2 months I have lost 38 pounds! (We all know 5 pounds of that is sodium/water weight or whatever though, lol since I always gain that back in a day once I stop). So we'll say I've comfortably lost 30 pounds of fat. CRAZY!!! I knew I'd lose a little faster in the beginning, but I expected it to have really tapered off by now. Not complaining though,

Leaves, congrats on the loss! I think a bit of a cheat every once in awhile actually helps in weight loss as it keeps your body guessing.

2fat2jump, hope you're getting better. And WTG on working out anyways! I don't know about you, but isn't it funny how before we started this journey we would probably come up with excuses not to exercise, and now pretty much nothing can stop us, lol?

elvislover324, thanks so much! I realized on Mother's day I didn't have a photo yet with me with both my kiddos and the baby was already 6 months. Totally unacceptable, so we remedied that!!!

Pink Hurricane, congrats on the drop!

Last edited by jessicado22; 06-02-2013 at 11:03 AM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #71  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Good morning (or afternoon for some of you), lovelies!

Congrats on your pound, Ange!

Zoesmom- Whoo-hoo on the 230s now!!! So happy for you!

Tehshort1- 3lbs away? Awesome!!!! You totally got this!!! Hula-hooping does sound like fun!!!

Seizetheday- .6 down after a vacation? That is freakin' amazing! Go you!!!

Going2BeThatGirl- Yay!!!!! What a nice surprise for you! Let's see if you can surprise yourself again for the month of June?

2Fat2Jump- So sorry to hear about your neck! Those are the worst for me especially if you're trying to drive (safely), LOL. Do take it easy, please. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself further and set yourself back more further. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Elvislover- Oooh! I hope MFP is spot on for you because that would be just freakin' awesome!

Leaves- Congrats on your loss!

PinkHurricane- Way to go on your drop and I am on a pound or two for you next week!!

Jessicado- I gotta go with Elvislover about your avatar- beautiful and I can't help but smile! Congrats on your whoosh down to 212! Getting closer and closer to One-derland! Amazing progress too.

It's been a busy weekend for me, I haven't been able to work out at all until today. (BOOOO!) I have been OP mostly save for one beer here and there throughout the weekend. I am so excited now that my sister is back here for good and we can start working out together!! Yay for workout buddies! I hope everyone else had a good weekend!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I am seriously beginning to think this thread has picked up in speed. WHAT THE HECK!

2F2J - hope you get feeling better soon...that is so suck

Elvis - me too!!!! If MFP is correct, I will be less than I was at my graduation...oh please oh please oh please!

Jessicado - yeah for your woosh! I love whooshes!

logan - don't get me started on those yogurt places! Freaking kid loves them, and I never say no because she always grabs the tart flavor and only adds fruits. But here I am, looking at all the other yummy flavors. The evilness of it!!!!

YEAH pink!!!! So Happy for you!!!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

jessicado22- 38 pounds in 2 months really inspires me to try harder! wow!

zoesmom-I tried it once with yogurt topped with fruit and was so disappointed! lol I really wanted the pb cup with chocolate syrup. This is why I hardly go there.

amandie-I think that what we eat determines weight loss more than working out. so not getting in your workout is OK if you stayed OP. With that said, I am glad your sis is there to workout with you. It makes it less "work" to do it with someone else.
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the support, Jessicado and Amandie

This week is off to a rocky start for me but I figure I have 3 days to get on track and hopefully lose a little weight.

I have been weighing on my gym scale for the past few months, but I just got a new bathroom scale from a friend, and it weighs me in about 2-3 lbs lighter than my gym scale... I'm sticking with the gym scale for this challenge (so as not to cheat ), and I know that the numbers don't matter as much as how you feel etc. but it drives me crazy that I don't know how much I actually weigh... last time I was weighed at a doctor's office was ages ago but I would assume that would be the best indicator of my real weight...

Anyone else run into this irritation?
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies! I've been doing fairly well at staying OP since I last wrote here and am proud to say that I'm actually finding myself 1 lb. ahead of goal-- hopefully I can lose another pound by Thursday to stay ahead! I need to be ahead since I'm going on vacation to visit my mom in about two weeks, and a week in the south means nothing but BBQ and all my other favorite foods that are impossible to resist! I'm trying not to be too ambitious and just aiming to maintain for that week.

I had a bit of a cheat day on Saturday, as we were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday a little early, so I took him out to his favorite burger place for dinner. It was worth it! Now I've just got to keep myself under control when the birthday cake comes around on his real birthday on Thursday!! So hard... bday cake is my all time favorite treat 8D! Just have to keep reminding myself how great I'm going to feel when I see 140 something on the scale-- I haven't been in that "decade" since I was 13 and I'm so close.

We also stopped at our local Trader Joe's this weekend, and I'm so glad we did! There were a ton of great diet friendly options there-- last night we tried the frozen crabcakes (190 cal. for just one), and for around 3.50 for the whole pack, man were they good! I'm going to start going more often-- do you guys have any recommendations for good TJ's finds?

loganandlivsmom-- you're totally right about the eating being the most important part of weight loss. My doctor once told me about 70% of it depends on what you put in your mouth, 30% on how much you move. I like to think of exercise as being like extra credit work-- it can bump you up to an A+ if you're doing all your other work .

Jessicado-- Congratulations on your massive weight loss! That's an amazing accomplishment in just two months, you should be really proud Sounds like the woosh fairy has been visiting you-- tell her to get her butt over to me next!!
vdh2102 is offline   Reply With Quote