Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #121  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Exhale15, CurvyNerd and GettinFit thank you very much.
I felt better when I got up this morning.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #122  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

It's been 8 days since I posted here last. I was very busy with work, whick I like because I tend to stay away from food in general. But then the studio has been closed for a few days and I've been bored out of my mind! Which only leads to overeating!

Fortunately, it hasn't been sugar that I've been indulging myself with. Potatoes and bread! Equally bad for me. I need to get back on my veggies!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #123  
Just watch me ...

Morning everyone

Georgia, just get back on track. You just have to focus on the meal in front of you....you'll get there!

Have a great day all.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #124  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies & gents,

Georgia - Ditto to what Exhale said. Just take it one meal at time and force yourself to fill up on those veggies before you reach for the bread or potatoes.

Darius - Glad you're feeling better

I had another awesome day yesterday with no binging and I stuck to my planned eating and workout

I just gotta keep it going and stick with the Beck program.

Have a wonderful day everyone
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #125  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Friday Weigh In
I had a couple of failures this week. One day I ate one of those small packaged ice cream cones and another day I ate one of those small ice cream things on a stick. But that's all and that's pretty good for me. Also almost no snack foods (potato chips etc) this week.

Fri July 6: 296 (-2)
Fri July 13: 293 (-3)
Fri July 20: 290 (-3)

SW: 298
CW: 290
GW: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
Fortunately, it hasn't been sugar that I've been indulging myself with. Potatoes and bread! Equally bad for me. I need to get back on my veggies!
Hah me too I love potatoes and bread.

Last edited by darius; 07-20-2012 at 02:15 AM.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #126  
Just watch me ...

Morning all, Happy Friday
I have been failing at this challenge
I think that it's because it's so long - days 1 - 3 are easy because of the momentum and excitement. Then the newness wears off and things fall apart. Had some cookies yesterday that I didn't need and left me with a headache. I'm disgusted with myself.
So I'm going to post my food.

Breakfast today: iced coffee, mini 100 calorie whole wheat bagel w/almond butter. I make my iced coffee 'fancy' - I add to it 1 tbs chocolate protein powder and 1tsp fiber powder. This fill me up more than does regular coffee.

Darius, you're doing great

Hope everyone else is happy this morning. Have a great day
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #127  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning,

Darius - Congrats on your 3 pound loss this week You are doing great!

Exhale - I hope your headache is gone today. I've not been completely sugar free this week either but I've not been eating sugary junk food like I normally would. My sugar has come from yogurt, a couple pcs of dark choc after dinner, coffee creamer and twice I've had Weight Watchers mini bars. After eating these things, I did not get cravings for more so I'm not going to stress about it.

Hi Georgia & CurvyNerd - I hope you're having a good day.

Today's Journal

B: Banana, Greek yogurt, coffee w/FF creamer
L: Bowl of gumbo, 1 sm pc cornbread
D: Turkey on marbled rye w/lettuce, tomato, cheese
S: Pretzels, Coke Zero, 1 gl red wine
Exercise: Walk (weather permiting) or DVD if it rains

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #128  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

I hope you all have a great weekend
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #129  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey there, sweet chickies! It's Sunday and the perfect time for me to recommit to my plan to stay away from all-things refined carb.

For breakfast I had a 2-egg scramble with grated zucchini and a little shaved Parmesand and Asiago cheese on top. Had my cup of coffee with that. Been drinking the San Pelligrino sparkling water ever since. I have been trying to drink more water over the summer but it just doesn't interest me right now. Never had this problem before. The San Pelligrino tastes much better. I know, put lemon or lime in the tap water...but it just tastes flat to me. I've been using a water filter on my tap for two years and never had a problem with it changing how good the water tastes. I don't know. Could my tastebuds change with age?

So anyway, it's time for a late lunch and I'm thinking about some grilled free-range chicken Italian sausage and a spinach salad. I want to add another vegetable to my plate...perhaps some stir-fried broccoli with the sausage. I need to fill up on veg before the late afternoon munchies attack.

I don't have anything planned for dinner yet. That usually means I'll be rooting around for all the wrong stuff! Maybe I'll have a couple slices of Julian Bakery Paleo bread with some baba ganoujh on it. The Paleo bread is a new product, made with almond and coconut flour. It's really dense and not very flavorful. so not something I'd get addicted to. The slices are thin and they're good when toasted well and I top them with really flavorful stuff. Very low carb and high fiber.

I also have some Applegate Farm bacon, lettuce, home-grown tomatoes and an avocado...BLTA wraps!!!

See, we can still eat really well. Not missing the sugar at all!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #130  
Just watch me ...

Morning everyone, Happy Monday !

geoblewis, I've been mixing up the various waters and teas (unsweetened), too. It helps keep me on track.

Let's keep off the stuff today....it's just one day to make all the right decisions for ourselves.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #131  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning everyone,

Happy Monday! I want to go back home and go back to bed I am soooo sleepy this morning.

I did pretty good over the weekend with refraining from sugar but I did have a few too many peanuts on Sat & Sun. I need to start buying the individual packs of these since I can't seem to control how many I eat. They seem to call my name and I can't leave them alone. Today I am going to order some of the little individual packs that the airlines serve. Right now, I need to have them measured out for me
I did really good with my workouts over the weekend. The scale hasn't moved and I know it's because of those extra peanuts and the fact that I've started using weights and I did not drink enough water.

I hope we all have a great week and are able to stay SF & OP.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #132  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys, I did well today! Fruit instead of junk. Now to remember to drink more water - I was doing excellent when we were need triple digits weather, but now that it's blissfully less miserable out I have to make a point of remembering...

Have a nice night all
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #133  

Good for you Exhale15. I didn't do so well today. I poured some sugar in my decaf today...guess I couldn't resist....
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #134  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Jones View Post
Good for you Exhale15. I didn't do so well today. I poured some sugar in my decaf today...guess I couldn't resist....
That's OK Lulu, sometimes it's just nice to do something different. It's what we do over the long-term that produces the most change.

OK guys, we have one week left to this challenge...lets make it count !
Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #135  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello Exhale & LuLu -I hope today is going great for you all.

So far so good for me. I had a small yogurt with my lunch and that's all the sugar I've had so far.

I can't believe August starts next week! July just flew by

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.