Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #31  
Just watch me ...

Day 3 here we go... I will report back on sugar-free & exercise today

Also going to make up a big pot of tea for the fridge...

Have a great strong happy day
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #32  

Yay for Day 3!!!

The headache is gone this morning. I don't normally weigh every day but I was curious how this would affect my weight. After Day 1 I gained 1 pound. After Day 2 I have lost that pound plus another 1.4 pounds. I also made sure I was eating enough fiber yesterday.

I am definitely going to stick out the 30 days
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #33  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

I hope we all have a great sugar free Tuesday

Congrats CurvyNerd I've been weighing every day too. The first day I lost 3 and yesterday it was 2. I'm back down to my ticker weight and I'm hoping I can move it down tomorrow.

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-03-2012 at 09:25 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #34  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like everyone is doing well! :-) DH and I took my father in law out to his favorite restauraunt last night because he is getting major surgery in a week... Of course he ordered each person their own dessert and I COMPLETELY just forgot about my no-sugar! I had been off sugar for 10 days before my slip and to be honest, I'm not feeling so great this morning... I'm sure it's from all the sugar. Well- now I've got even more reason to stay sugar free!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #35  

Danzingurl77 it's okay. Just start today fresh

That's great Gettinfit!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #36  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys, I caved

So, I'm 2 for 3.

You know, I can't eat that stuff anymore. Not as in 'I can't eat that stuff because I need to change', but I can't eat that stuff because I feel really crummy afterward. Like over-loaded, just gross. Ugh.

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-03-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #37  

You can get back up, brush the powdered sugar off your britches, and start back walking with us

I was thinking about what you just said last night. It's hard to get into eating right but once I'm into it my body is happy. When I listen to that little on my shoulder and eat junk... I feel like junk. I feel sick and awful. Then I feel bad because I wanted to enjoy it. So I eat some more junk. Then I feel like junk. Just jump back off that merry go round before the junk feels normal again to your system.

coming your way
Old 07-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #38  
Just watch me ...

Aww, CurvyNerd, Thank you

What you said about 'wanting to enjoy it' is really interesting...because once-upon-a-time, it was enjoyable but it's not now. And in some dysfunctional way it's like a little 'loss'. But my o my, I feel like pure junk right now and this is a feeling I will not miss once it passes.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #39  

I'm so happy. I found something I can stand to drink instead of plain water. I made some decaff unsweetened tea (abt 8-10 cups water) and poured about 2 cups of milk into it. I also added a tsp of vanilla. I love hot tea with milk and lots of honey/sugar so I thought this might work. The scent of the vanilla almost tricks me into thinking it's sweet. I can drink water but it's hard to have water at mealtime. I'll have some of this with my dinner at night.

Last edited by CurvyNerd; 07-03-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: correction
Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #40  

Oh one other thing. I've been wondering about this and wanted to get your take on it. I was thinking about all of these frozen yogurt places opening everywhere. Most of them offer a no sugar added option. I did a search and came up with this link for a 3fc article. I think the no sugar added yogurt would be allowable in moderation and without toppings. What do you think?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #41  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

CurvyNerd - I would think that if you ate in moeration as the article mentions it would be okay. When I want an ice cream treat, I'll be going for some. Enjoy.

Exhale - I feel the same way when I eat high sugar foods. I hope it's out of your system today and you're feelin better.

I made it through yesterday SF and so far so good today. I did a 2.5 mile walk this morning and I plan on doing a sculpt DVD today.

I hope everyone has a great sugar free day.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #42  

Great Job! I woke up with a horrible headache this morning but it's finally starting to fade a little bit. I lost another pound according to the scale this morning. I know it's just water weight but it's pretty nice to see that number going down instead of up. I normally don't weigh every day but I want to see how this affects my weight over the month.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #43  
Just watch me ...

Hi GettinFit, hi CurvyNerd, hi danzingurl77

Hope you're having a good day. I got in some exercise last night, and woke up feeling much better today. Thanks for your support!

CurvyNerd, I think the yogurt without sweetener and without sugar-toppings would be fine. There's a place not too far from me that has an unsweetened yogurt that is so cold and tart and yummy. The nice thing is it's self-serve so I'm not faced with a huge mountain to tackle!

Have a great healthy day everybody
Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #44  
Just watch me ...

As today progressed, I began to feel out-of-sorts and then in a funk. I so wanted to curl up with some cookies. BUT I DID NOT I thought about how crummy I'd feel if I ate junk and made myself an iced coffee instead.

So I'm 3 for 4

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #45  

Great Job on the substitution Exhale and on the exercise Gettinfit! We got this! We can do this! We did not do this for 4 days to quit now.

My Mom was going to make Peach Cobbler when she cooked dinner for everybody last night. She remembered that I cut out sugar so said she wasn't going to make it. I said it'd be fine but she supported me by not cooking a dessert. I love her peach cobbler so much. That would have been a huge test of my willpower. A good support system is so important on this journey.