3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Sugar Free July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/261965-sugar-free-july.html)

CurvyNerd 06-30-2012 09:20 AM

Sugar Free July

I posted about this over at Chicks In Control but I think it belongs here.

This was my original post:

I had a breakthrough in my thinking and took a break from dieting. I've been reading for a week but not posting while I think about what I need to do for myself. I am new to this. I have a problem with emotional eating and binging. I'll do okay for a while and then I'll have stressful things going on and eat pretty much everything. I have a big problem with sweets especially. I crave them like I haven't eaten in a week. I'm tired of living like this. I'm looking into OA and trying to learn how to stop the cause of my weight problem.

I am contemplating going sugar free for the month of July. This is going to be very hard for me because I can't have artificial sweeteners. I will only be able to drink plain water. Flavored waters make me gag so it'll have to be plain water. There will be no cakes, cookies, cokes, etc. My husband wants to do it with me. There will be coke and tea in the house for the rest of the family but I won't be buying any other sweets. I am kind of scared to even try. I have failed at dieting so many times. I'm going to let myself eat anything other than sweets. The exception would be things like chips and crackers that are also binge problems for me. Those will be carefully portioned out if I eat them at all.

What do you think? Do you think this could help me avoid trigger foods?
I am going to cut out all processed sugar for the month of July. I am going to allow myself to eat everything else within reason and do at least 15 min of exercise every day. Would anyone else like to join me?

Exhale15 06-30-2012 05:10 PM

Hey CurvyNerd, I'm in :carrot:

Quitting the processed sugars will be an awesome thing to do. Processed sugar is the demon that screws up with our metabolism and health. And yeah to exercise!

hatgirlie 06-30-2012 05:44 PM

This link helped be kick sugar. It's a lecture. Maybe it might help you. Good luck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Exhale15 06-30-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatgirlie (Post 4389417)
This link helped be kick sugar. It's a lecture. Maybe it might help you. Good luck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

This looks great hatgirlie - Thanks so much :)

CurvyNerd 06-30-2012 10:23 PM

WOW that's long. It looks really interesting. I'm going to have to watch that. Tomorrow's the day!!!

GettinFit 06-30-2012 10:37 PM

CurvyNerd - That is my goal for the month too! I do so much better when I don't eat sugar and white flour products. I have cleaned out my fridge/pantry of all the things that will temp me.

I hope we all have a great and successful month.

danzingurl77 07-01-2012 01:26 AM

Funny I have been thinking of doing this for a few days and trying to decide whether or not I could! I'd like to try though! So far I've gone 3 days without processed sugar... I think 30 days is doable! :) I'm also very interested in that YouTube video so, thank you HATGIRLIE!

corinthian314 07-01-2012 01:28 AM

wow, I had no idea sugar was sooo bad. What are some good alternatives other than fruit?

CurvyNerd 07-01-2012 07:27 AM

I watched part of the video last night and it is so interesting. Especially the part about soda. That's one of my biggest problems.

Exhale15 07-01-2012 07:37 AM

Happy July 1st !!!

So psyched for this project! Have a great day everybody :)

GettinFit 07-01-2012 09:28 AM

Good morning all,

I hope everyone has a successful sugar free day!

Exhale15 07-01-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corinthian314 (Post 4389741)
wow, I had no idea sugar was sooo bad. What are some good alternatives other than fruit?

I read a lot of recommendations for sweet potatoes - in small amounts - I got this from Oxygen magazine - their fitness professionals eat sweet potatoes. But I think it's basically fruit. We're just so accustomed to 'sweet' :) Gotta re-calibrate our taste buds.

danzingurl77 07-01-2012 10:21 AM

That video!! I didn't realize until I clicked to start watching it, but I've already seen it and that's what sparked me to get off sugar when I watched it before!! It sparks some thought, for sure, huh?? lets all have a good sugar-free-Sunday :)

Exhale15 07-01-2012 12:00 PM

Oh man, I had to go to CVS for some things and boy did I fight with myself to not buy any sugar-stuff. Instead, on the way home I picked up some fruit salad, unsweetened japanese iced tea, and a fitness magazine. I refuse to report back anything but success !!!

CurvyNerd 07-01-2012 03:05 PM

I hope everyone is doing great today on Day 1. We can do it!!!!

Good Job Exhale! Keep your mind on healthy you and healthy you on your mind!