S/C/G: 220/220/130

Height: 5'3"

Is it too late for me to join?
Newme20122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #182  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

It's never too late, Newme20122! Welcome, welcome!!

Well, me making the dress didn't happen. I was stressing so much about it this morning (yes, I still had not made it all this time) that I decided to call the one store out of 10 that we visited, that had a yellow dress only in a size small, to see if they got in another shipment. THEY DID!!! I'm telling you...it was like this huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was in the best mood all day. And, luckily, the fabric store took back everything I bought there (even the cut fabric). For the price I paid at the fabric store that would have given me only one dress and plenty of headaches and stress, I was able to get a dress, a sweater, a large belt and shoes at this dress shop! Yes, I was thrilled beyond believe.

Okay, onto more important matters. All this stress and party planning is making it so easy to stick to my diet because I've been so busy that I almost forget to eat. I'll bet my size 12 jeans will be a little loose on me tomorrow.

Thank you all for the well wishes on the dress and for the party. It meant a lot to me.

Have a great weekend everyone. And I promise that, after this party tomorrow, I will catch up on everyone's posts. I'm off to make an umbrella-shaped birthday cake!

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-06-2012 at 10:46 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile Happy Weekend!

{{{{{{{{{Missed You ALL}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Wow! So much happening. Glad to read everyone's keeping on.
Sandy, what a score to (and burden lifted) to find the dress back in stock - and just in time. Looking forward to hearing how the party went.

CountryBarbie, I can so relate to the emotional eating. Lately, even when I'm feeling thankful for whatever is happening, I've been caving in to so many offers of holiday treats (What is it with the deluge of yummies brought in to work AFTER the holidays? Why are they are parked next to MY work area?)
Yeah, I'm making up excuses

Hope you are feeling relief soon, 40PoundsPlease - Love your screen name!That could be a built-in mantra for me.

Italiannie, I'm sitting here with the late-night cravings, yet your suggestions of "sides" reminds me that there are wonderful, satisfying choices that don't have to compromise the plan.

I've been so AWOL, missed signing in this week. Happy to see new folks joining the challenge - Welcome

Again, I don't even want to imagine where I would have landed had I not found this thread BEFORE the winter holidays. While the scale is moving down again (161.5 from being up to 163+something after Christmas), I've got a way to go. Next week at work, there are two "meet n' eat" events and my loved ones are still going through some tough life issues. So, this week, I began to NOT buy anything for the home kitchen that could trigger an emotional binge. (I'm in the habit of having things on hand - treats in the pantry - just in case company stops by----- yeah, right).

My second plan of attack = hooping! I bought a hula hoop for exercise. Will let you all know how that goes. Praying I don't through my hip out!

Okay, sugar sirens, stay strong, lovely and keep moving.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Thumbs up ps:

ClaireBear, Vancouver is a delightful and highly motivating incentive.
What fabulous friends you have! This "getting fit" journey can be fun!
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #185  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone. Im on my to Disneyland for the day so I weighed in wayyyy early at 147.6.... Not horrible. We are meeting my cousin and his wife as well as having a fancy dinner later tonight. It's his wifes first time ever in the park so it she is really excited (she moved here from Texas).

I plan to drink a lot of water and try not to go crazy with the food. Had a small breakfast and a skinny tall peppermint mocha from Starbucks.

Im lucky in that in have a hubby who works for Disney Corportate so I go quite often...park food can be fattening though!

Yesterday I had a fun shopping day with my mom and we had lunch in the Neiman Marcus cafe. I was proud of myself for ordering a unsweetened iced tea and a 370 calorie turkey salad. It was delicious, felt decadent, and reminded me that I don't need to pile on the calories to enjoy myself. I also felt less guilty having a popover with the meal. Scored a pair of loubitons, manolo blahniks and jimmy choos...on sale. Yay!

Have a great on plan day everyone!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 195/190/160

Height: 5'8"

Lucky you crazygurl61! I've been to Disney World 6x, but Disneyland only once. And that was because my daughter won us a free trip through Macy's. We loved it...better than World. We're trying to plan another trip in August. How are the crowds there the last week of August? Are the kids back in school by then?
bethann1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #187  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
"Hope you are feeling relief soon, 40PoundsPlease - Love your screen name!That could be a built-in mantra for me."

Thanks, Jean! We're slowly getting there =) It's crazy what a day and a half of being ill can do to your body =/ And good luck with the hooping! Lol, I have faith in that you won't be throwin' your hip out!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Lets all stay OP and look forward to our next weigh-in! Valentine's Day will be here before we know it... and to celebrate I'll be seeing my 2nd husband ~Blake Shelton~, in concert! All the more reason to get these lbs off!!

Last edited by 40lbsPLEASE; 01-07-2012 at 01:42 PM.
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #188  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Oh for the love of God . . . the damn scale must be broken cause it is not budging. I've been OP, been exercising, been walking the doggies, been moving (am almost done organizing/cleaning the garage) and the scale is just sitting at 166 laughing at me. I heard it snicker and I swear it stuck it's needle out at me. <sigh>

Great job all those who are seeing movement in the right direction. I just have to have faith that sooner or later the same will happen for me. The part that pisses me off is that I was in succch a great groove and losing just before Christmas. Didn't even derail all that much over Christmas - 2lb. gain - but damn, it's just a bugger getting back to that 'place' and discouraging once there to not see results on the scale.

Guess I'll go finish the garage.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

Down to 222 when i got on the scale this morning! yay! 11 lbs lost in the last 5 weeks! i think i can totally make my birthday/valentines day challenge at the pace i'm going!!
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

I know it's late, but I read the first post, I know I can join in!!

So my goal is to lose 15lbs by Feb 14!!
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #191  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Welcome Newbies! Great to see us growing in numbers.
Getting nervous about my Valentine Goal. My food plan is fine, but I know I need to walk daily to make this happen. I think without the walking, I can average about one pound a week, but to do the two I need to....walk, walk, walk......
I guess that's why we have the challenge. To push us a little further.

Yesterday - 192.0
Today - 191.4
Valentine Goal = 179

Last edited by Italiannie; 01-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 235/205/145

Need a good challenge!

Start weight: 235
Current weight: 205
Goal weight: 145
cjward71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #193  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

You ladies are amazing! Some great losses, well done.
I've had a 4 pound gain this week, frustrating but not as bad as it could have been!
On summer holidays atm (i work in a school) so i know i have been a bit slack, but after reading your encouraging posts i will try my damndest to get on track.

P.S. to those to have had losses, please post what you are finding helps you the most. I would love to give them a go. Thanks x
Tkkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 195/190/160

Hey Tkkoz! My in-laws are from Australia. A place called Pheasant Creek? My daughter wants to go there during our summer break in July. I know how you feel about the gain..mine seems neverending. Did pretty well today. Bought lots of fruits and veggies at the store today, and less of the yummy naughty stuff.
bethann1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #195  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethann1970 View Post
Lucky you crazygurl61! I've been to Disney World 6x, but Disneyland only once. And that was because my daughter won us a free trip through Macy's. We loved it...better than World. We're trying to plan another trip in August. How are the crowds there the last week of August? Are the kids back in school by then?
Yes, just avoid June and July- I've found they are the most crowded of the summer months. :-)
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote