Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #271  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I pledged for 1lbs but lost two! I'm excited to see some progress! Pledging another pound for next week.

Chickadee, I can tell a real difference in your waist and face. Good job! Thanks for posting the pics. Sorry to hear about your Hubby, I hope he's doing better by now.

Kelley, good job on the two lbs!

Cheshire, I preordered last night. Like I need more DVD's! I ordered STS, then STS Cardio, which was a real disappointment, then skipped Cathe's next series, but may go back and order two as an Anniversary present to myself. Are you on Video Fitness or Cathe's Forum? I did some of the gliding with STS and its harder than it looks, but rather fun.

Gotta get ready for church.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

Down 1.5 lbs this morning! Didn't quite make my goal, but almost. I'll shoot for 2 again this week.

Didn't know running could affect water retention. Thanks for the info, Chickadee, that does make me feel better. And thanks for sharing the photos-I see a huge difference in your face and waistline. You look great.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #273  

S/C/G: SW-213/GW-170/CW-194

Height: 5ft 7

I am tickled pink! I really did not expect to see a loss, but since I joined this thread I went from 209 to 207.2. Now, the down side is that I didn't meet the 5 day workout plan. I only got in 3 days and that third day is a stretch to call it an exercise day.

Weekly loss 1.8
Pledge for next week is 1lb and exercise at least 20min. for 3 days

Last edited by phillygirl2011; 05-01-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: forgot pledge
Old 05-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #274  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

SARGE IS BACK IN DA HOUSE AND TIME TO TAKE ROLL CALL!!!

Pledges week 4/24 - 5/1

Sarge = 2 /// (-2)
Pokey = 1 /// (-2)
VickieL= 3 //// Shhhhhh!
DCap = 2
MadamB = .5 /// (-.6)
Resolute = 4
Peanutt = .5
Cheshire = 2 /// -0- BUT FINISHED 1/2 MARATHON!
Chickadee = 2 /// (-2.6)
Dreamer = 2 /// (-2)
Sizzlin = 2
bnhtla = 2 /// (-1.5)
linalin = 1
Deanna = 3
Kneed = 2
Koshi = 2
lucyf= 3
Pintaminto=1

Yoyo = Maintain & and another 1/2" off waist

Newbie Prvts.
Penguin = 1 /// (-2)
Kendrab = 2.5 /// (-2.5)
Tschaff = 2 and start C25K program!
Phillygirl = .5 /// (-1.8)
K3K = 1.5 /// (-2.2)
fatarnp =1.5

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL THIS WEEK: 44 lbs. /// 20.2 so far

Pledges Week 5/1-5/8

Sarge = 1
Phillygirl = 1
bnhtla = 2
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2
K3 = 1.5
Dreamer = 1.5
MadamB = 1
VickieL = 3
Pokey = 1
Kendrab = 2

VickieL = pledging to find ways to de-stress!
Rainbow = maintaining & motivating us!
Yoyo = maintaining & waist busting!

Newbies:
Celrae = 2
Misstiff = 2

Sarge's favorite post while gone was from bnthla "I'm determined, I'm sick of being fat, I WILL be skinny and I WON'T take no for an answer. Stupid scale has no idea who it's messing with. I WILL WIN! ... I will not let it get to me. Seriously, scale, bite me."

WELCOME Celrae & Misstiff! Glad to have you join us!

Cheshire--Way to kick that 1/2 in the a**! Don't you just feel so proud of yourself this morning!
Chickadee--Nice progress pics! Kind of fun to look in the mirror these days!
Penguin & K3--Nice job going above & beyond the call of duty!

Sarge must confess he did not work out as planned yesterday and was about to blow off today as well except he just finished reading all these wonderful posts and will now drag his sorry butt-er to the gym to work off some really delicious chow he ate over the weekend!

Keep at it platoon! There is some really good progress being made here...just stay with it and enjoy what you're seeing in the mirror and how much better you're feeling health and endurance wise.

Last edited by JayTee; 05-02-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Yoyo reporting: Still at maintaining. Body compostion is changing! Less fat/more muscle! Still 1 stubborn inch stuck on my waist. This week, I pledge to maintain and apply myself to the waist-busting exercises.

I love the success stories!!! You are all an inspiration! Also, the exercise stories keep me going. Makes me want to show up for exercise, because I know everyone else is. J.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Default bitten by the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhtla06 View Post
Got on the scale yesterday morning and I'd lost 0! Spend the rest of the day depressed and couldn't get up the nerve to check it this morning. I've had some time to think about it though, and here's what I've decided...my scale can Bite Me! If it's going to be stubborn then I'll just be more stubborn. I've been doing great so far. I finished week 3 of c25k today and I couldn't put on my running shoes without sweating 3 months ago (let's be honest, I didn't own running shoes 3 months ago). I'm determined, I'm sick of being fat, I WILL be skinny and I WON'T take no for an answer. Stupid scale has no idea who it's messing with. I WILL WIN!

I'll check tomorrow morning so I can report my loss for the week, or lack thereof. But if it's still 0 I will not let it get to me. Seriously, scale, bite me.
Way to go!! Indeed let the scale try to catch up with us and bite us! This is one place where we truly can be honest. You'll be telling us good news soon! You have the perfect attitude...
Old 05-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #277  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sarge: After water and a nap, my weight was down to 228.4 lbs, so I can revise my loss for the week up to 2.6 lbs! I knew that first weigh this morning was off. Pledge for next week is still 2 lbs.

Misstiff, Cheshire, rainbow, penguin and bnhtla - Thank you!! It feels really great to think that others see changes, as I don't see them in the mirror even though I know they're happening. Thank you again. And thank you too for the well-wishes for my husband.

Misstiff: What about starting out with some jogging without the structure of C25K, just to see how your foot feels? Just give it a try during your next walk... jog for a little bit and see how it goes.

Cheshire: Awesome job on the run!!! Like rainbow, I am thoroughly impressed. I hope you are super pleased with how it went!

rainbow: You are so sweet, thank you. I am glad we got to see you again today - I miss all your cheery brightness around here! I hope the sale is going well

penguin, bnhtla and phillygirl: Congratulations on the losses this week, and JoJo: Congratulations on the maintenance!! I love seeing how this place is helping so many people reach their goals!

OK Sarge, I swear I'm done chatting for today. Have a great workout!

Last edited by chickadee32; 05-01-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #278  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Just a quick fly by before I go to work

Loss this week: 0.6
Pledge next week is 1.0 . . . I will be back in the 150's !!!

BITE ME TOO SCALE!!!!

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 05-01-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #279  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

go madam go
you can do it!!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #280  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Sooooo tired and fatigued right now, I just finished the 30ds and I did it ALLL (dont get me wrong, I stopped and breathed for 5 seconds here or there , yes i actually counted 5 seconds lol) but I did it, the jumping jacks, the jump rope all of it, then I was kneeling at my computer trying to find a yoga video on netflix and got really lightheaded and wanted to pass out....think i pushed myself too far on the 30ds, maybe no umping tomorrow.... anyway i am down 2 lb and I am going to lower my pledge to 1.5 for next week. I will do personals in a bit when I can move LOL my muscles are so tired, im not going anywhere this second
Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #281  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

WOOT WOOT DREAMER & MadamB!!!! And absolutely will revise that loss Chickadee! Sarge has his toes crossds in his combat boots that more success stories continue to roll in!

Despite a few cases of "Bite Me" weight loss scale and the horse you rode in on, morale seems extremely high as we close out this first afternoon of May! Warmer weather is calling to our healthier, skinnier selves. Lets all push hard through this month...we'll make this our own Memorial Day challenge.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #282  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Can't stop myself, going to do the two 10K walks today, just getting ready to head out on the second one right now, congrats to everyone on their latest efforts, win or lose it's how you play the game.

Was reading a Thread here and Gwen got me going on this whey protein, so today i went out and bought some whey powder and a magic bullet at wallmart, just having my first shake, chocolate Whey mixed with water and a TBSP of powdered milk and a small banana thrown in for thicknes/added flavour/ density, must say it's actually quite good, no idea if it will do anything though... LOL

It's 250 cals so roughly around what i snack on before my late afternoon/evening walk anyways, more than likely when i will make one daily, i'll try it and see, i really like the magic bullet though, nice little blender, and only 49.99 at wally.

Just babbling like usual, will post my weigh-in later, i really doubt i'll see anything this week, there should be a loss but my fat is being extremely stubborn. Not going to hold my breath thats for sure.

Welcome back JayTee, you sure do get out a lot.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

I made my 2.5 pound loss!! I pledge 2 pounds for this week

Cheshire- it could very well be my posture. I was in a car accident almost a year ago and my back and neck are still messed up from it. There's a lot of things I have to change my posture with to be able to do them. Hopefully as I keep going, they'll just stop happening lol. It could also be too much water (maybe not enough water?) or the heat since it's still over 80 most nights that I run. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help!

Speaking of the heat, I'm nervous about getting outside for exercise as it gets hotter! I'm thinking of buying some type of kick boxing DVD but not sure. I'm still rocking the 30 day shred. 7 days in a row so far! 23 to gooooo!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #284  

S/C/G: SW-213/GW-170/CW-194

Height: 5ft 7

Resolute, I recently bought some protein powder too. I also bought some frozen fruit and intend to experiment with many yummy combinations. I have a ninja mixer and its fantastic at crushing ice. I tend to not want to chew too much when I'm overheated so this is why smoothies are on my mind lately. I'm off to check out that article in the thread you linked.

Last edited by phillygirl2011; 05-01-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #285  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I just have a sec to report that I'm down 2 pounds this week! I'll pledge one pound for next week.
Closed Thread