Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #196  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sarge: My friend isn't easily intimidated, but even she might be a little nervous with this group! You all still scare me sometimes (not in a bad way though). And I love that Whitesnake song. Oddly, it reminds me of my mom... I was young when that song came out, and I remember her turning the volume way up in the car when it would come on the radio. OW on the sternum - I hope the pain disappeared quickly!

penguin: I hope all the storms are over for you! We're supposed to get some more overnight and through the morning tomorrow here... but I hope they've already passed by you. Nice workout today!

MadamB: LOL again!! You know, on your non-C25K days you could always walk that route wearing your own backpack... I have seen no more backpack-clad men, but when that guy at the gym gets on a treadmill near mine I see the heart rate monitor on my treadmill shoot up... lol. YAY on the pants!!! That's so great!

peanutt: Thank you! I have been tracking calories, fat grams and fiber, and *just* started tracking protein on Saturday. Yesterday I ate 66.1g (far short of my 100g goal), but only had about 40g prior to the gym. I was thinking yesterday it could be a TOM issue... but today I had the same thought about the protein, and so made sure I ate a good amount of it before each of my workouts (greek yogurt before a walk this afternoon, and turkey chili before the gym tonight). I felt MUCH more energetic today, so that very well could have been the issue! Do you track your protein intake? How much do you try to eat per day?

lucyford: Awesome job on getting to the gym! How did the river trip go?

DREAMER: That's so funny - my husband's family is a big mix of religions too. Both my husband and I are Jews-by-choice (we converted together about 8 years ago, before we married); his step-father is Jewish by birth but converted to Christianity and he and my MIL are Evangelicals; one BIL is Christian; my SIL (husband's step-sister) and her husband are both Jewish by birth; and the other BIL (husband's step-brother) is Jewish by birth but he and his wife are agnostic. I am a big fan of religion by choice... I was very anti-religion for a while, and only converted because I truly felt that Judaism fit the beliefs I already held on my own. I am glad you have found what works best for you!

Kendra: You look fantastic!! You've done such a great job... what motivation to keep going!! And I'm with you on the thighs, lol. I can't stand mine. I am thinking I will post some progress photos after I reach 50 lbs lost... but there won't be much difference between the before and current, as I still have a long, long way to go.

Resolute: I said it before, but you look seriously thin!! Honestly. Your transformation is just incredible. And I, too, like the facial hair.

Cheshire: I hope you fared well through the evening with the storms! And if I forget to post it later this week, good luck with the race on Saturday!

pokey: You've been doing awesome with the C25K, and whatever your pace through the program you are making great progress!

pintamino: Glad to see you back!

So, in an effort to get this f'in water weight out of my body, I did two workouts today! First day ever for that. Early this evening a co-worker and I did a fast 2.4 mile walk (and then went back into work all sweaty, lol), and then tonight I went to the gym and did strength training on upper and lower body and then hopped on the treadmill for 35 minutes. All told, 115 minutes today. I feel GOOD, and less tired than the last few days. I want that scale down tomorrow!! LOL. Food has been on plan as usual today, but I still need to get in another 400 calories or so before bed.

And not weight loss related, but kind of neat... a case that I worked on a few years back has popped up in the news the past few days, as the publication is finally coming out in print. I totally don't seek out that kind of public attention (and thankfully my name hasn't been mentioned anywhere), but it's still kind of fun to see something about it on news sites.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #197  
Living the Life

Yay for Mornings and another day to kick some butt-er!

Still are calmer here weather wise. I will getting in an after work walk with my co-workers.

Pokey-Don't stress about wanting to repeat a week. Part of being a runner is learning to read your own body. Knowing when you can push it and knowing when you need to back off because you are not ready or will injure yourself.

Chickadee-Great job channeling some Sarge and getting in two work outs in one day!! That's amazing!
That's exciting about you seeing your case on the news.

Okay I have to fun, I need to make lunch and get myself to work.
I keep leaving the house a minute later each day. But the end of May the kids will be there before I will. HA.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #198  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Morning everyone, everything is back to normal, hiya Cheshire

Anyways had a horrible dream last night, left me with a negative aura, hope i can have a better day.

Working extremely hard on getting to my goal but don't seem to be seeing much progress, kind of defeating to my attitude, will need to buckle down once again.

Do what you gotta do, nothing matters more.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #199  
Maintaining Mommy

Good morning!

Cheshire: Thank you! I hope the weather is nice for your after work walk.

Resolute: I am sorry about your bad dream. My scale hasn't budged either - still at 231.0, lol. We've both been working hard though, and the scale WILL reflect that work eventually.

Still stormy here this morning. I have 5 hours of back to back meetings starting in an hour, so I'm off to work. Have a good day, all.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #200  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Yesterday;s weather wasn't nearly as bad as the night before. The sun is shining again today, hopefully drying out the puddles, and will shine until Sat when its supposed to rain again. Though it is a bit chilly at 54*

I have my second luncheon of the week today. This marks the end of my Bible study year. The leaders will have another meeting/luncheon in June, but basically I get the summer off.

Another lady at my chuch and I are starting a knitted/crocheted Prayer Shawl ministry next month so that should keep me busy.

Chickadee, good job ont he two workouts!

Sarge, you will be happy to know I lost my pound. Lets hope it stays gone until Sunday, so I can offically count it

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 04-28-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #201  
Maintaining Mommy

Fly by: I just weighed one last time before leaving the house, and the scale showed 229.9!!!! Hallelujah!!! 50 lbs lost, finally!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #202  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

RISE & SHINE PLATOON!

Reso--That negative aura comes from not smiling in your photos! Have a better day!

Chesh--I would love to tap into your mind during a day of dealing with kindergarten kids. One day you should just start off by saying, ok kids, today we're all going on a 9 miler!

Chickadee -- Sarge scary?!?! YES! No, really more tough love. That's why its so important his/her real face stay a mystery. You each have an image of who belongs to that inner voice nagging you about exercise and foods you put in your mouth. OMG, what if Sarge is just a compilation of all our mothers! <heebie-jeebie shudders> CONGRATS ON THAT 50!!!!!!

Pokey & Kendrab -- On behalf of the human race I apologize for the a**h*** who feel the need to yell at you on a run. Sarge has anger management issues, access to guns and wouldn't be nearly so Christian in turning a cheek. Hold your heads high and OWN the road you run in broad daylight!

Pokey & Kendrab's story of comments by others made me think of Peanutt's excursion to purchase smaller sized workout attire. Stupid cashier felt compelled to say something like, "someone's starting a diet..." and Peanutt fire back, ""no, already lost 50"...

Pintamint--WTG on a loss during finals! I'll put you down for another pound this week.

Penguin - flippers crossed that pound stays gone!

Phillygirl -- BTW, how's that 5 days of exercise pledge going?

Leaving this for Pokey! Eye of the Tiger!

Sarge off to melt butt-er!

Last edited by JayTee; 04-28-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #203  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

GOOD MORNING ALL

Ok, maybe NOT so good, I took the scale out of the trunk . . . I should have left it in the trunk . . . I tried to ride my bike, but it was snowing (that was fine) but then it changed to rain . . . rode until I was soaked and cold (temps in the mid 30's), needless to say it didn't take long . . . 400 crunches done, and a woman at work brought me 2 videos BL workout #2 and Billy's bootcamp . . . so I'm planning on doing at least one of them

Pokey: Yea, I'm the jelly bean queen . . . but haven't wanted any since I ate half a bag and pooped jelly beans for a week . . . not pretty . . . jelly beans are the

Chickadee: on the 50 POUNDS, WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO, did you know that's 200 sticks-o-BUTT-ER MELTED AWAY FOREVER!!! Oh, I wouldn't want to see him with my backpack loaded down with weight . . . UGH!!

Kendra: daytime running . . . YOU GO!!!! and like SARGE said, own the road you run!!! I worry about wiping out tooo . . .

Penguin: I wish it was 54 here <sigh> although they are calling for upper 60's, maybe 70 tomorrow . . . so I'll be happy as I'm off work

Pinta: Glad you found your way back here, NOW GO MELT SOME BUTT-ER

SARGE: Yea, 6's and I tried on several pairs, some fit, some not so much . . . so I'm not completely there. You're much taller than I am and imagine 10's for you are like 6's or 4's for me . . . OH and the scale is NOT reflecting that size

Reso: BAD DREAMS are not good, I dream really vividly . . . I always try to go back to sleep to get rid of the dream . . . Hey, did that truck with Wisconsin plates ever leave???

Peanut: How are you?? Is it any warmer there than it is here????

cheshire: I'm with SARGE, take those kids on a 9-miler, nap time will have a whole new meaning after that run . . .

OK, I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S UP WITH THAT DA@N SCALE, SO I'M PUTTING SMALL NOTEBOOK IN MY POCKET AND WRITING DOWN EVERYTHING I DO, EAT, SMELL, THINK ABOUT SMELLING OR EATING . . . Also I'm at work where I don't really do very much so I will be walking on the treadmill, I'm charging my MP3 player now so I'll have something to listen to while I walk . . .

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY AND STAY SAFE FROM TORNADOS, RISING WATER AND THUNDERSTORMS
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #204  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I saw some news reports of crazy weather around the US. I hope everyone here is staying safe and free from harm!

Pokey - WTG on listening to your body and knowing your limits. What I have found is working for me is keeping my pace lower during my runs. This way I'm able to complete them, but just at a slower pace. Then I'll do some training to improve my pace over time. Good luck with the rest of your runs this week. I still can't believe when I hear stories of a-holes yelling rude things to people who are exercising. Must really suck to be so unhappy with yourself that you have to lash out at others to make yourself feel "big". Sorry that happened to you.

Kendra - While I totally agree with you that we do need to be able to have meals every so often that are off plan (I detest the term "cheat meals", but that's another post) I have a different take on the "food as reward" thing. So many of us who are overweight/obese use food in our lives in ways that aren't just for physiological nourishment. I don't know if this is the case for you or not, but when people use off-plan food as rewards I think you're only perpetuating skewed thoughts about food. That burger and fries as a reward is saying that that's the good stuff. That's the stuff that makes you happy and nourishes you psychologcially and emotionally. That's the stuff that your brain really wants to be eating and that stuff that you eat the rest of the time is the boring drudgery that you have to survive to make it to the good stuff. I'd much rather see people reward themselves with non-food treats and keep the "bad food" as something that you work into your life and enjoy but it's not a goal or a milestone reward. Just some food for thought, if you will.

pintamino - Great job keeping on track during finals! I know how stressful that time was for me and think it's great that you were able to push through successfully!

Chickadee - YAY for 50lbs gone!! I shoot for around 25% of my daily calories to come from protein. I track on MyNetDiary and really love this way of breaking down the macronutrient intake. Yesterday for example I ate just over 1800 calories, with 120g of protein....hitting my 25% goal for protein dead on.

Reso - I hope that you have a positive day.

penguin - Get out there and enjoy that nice weather while it's around! Nice work on the pound gone...now keep it off!

Madam - we had about 5 amazing days in a row...sunny, warm, clear skies. Yesterday was cloudier and cool and today should be the same with possibly some rain. Sorry you're still getting SNOW! There are heavy snowfall warnings out here for the mountains and places closer to the mountains. When will mother nature get the message that it's SPRING??
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #205  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
Just a mid-week check in. I'm doing very well of keeping on my diet plan and even got the extra loop in. I plan on repeating that this afternoon. Don't want the work stress to take over. No excuses right! I always feel better after some exercise anyway. Scale is being a bit suborn this week and not fluctuating at all. Which for me is very very odd. In the past 3 months of my dieting I have never gone four days in a row where my weight is exactly the same. (and I mean exactly fight down to the .2 decimal place.) Any advise
Am I worrying about nothing?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #206  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

K3 - I've shared this advice a few times in this thread.....STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE! Weighing everyday is a habit that will only play games with your mind. So many things affect what you see on the scale - hydration, the amount of undigested food (and digested but waiting to, um, be released), stress, TOM, other hormonal changes, and more. You're worrying needlessly. I would strongly encourage you to stop weighing yourself everyday. Move to a once a week weigh in....record that weekly number, accept it and move forward.

Hopefully some of our former scale addicts will chime in! I know a couple have broken that scale habit successfully (at least I HOPE the bad habit is still broken!!)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #207  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Sadly, I still have the bad habit of being a compulsive weigher, BUT, I'm not letting it be the only judge of my success. The scale has a way of holding on to weight, or reflecting sodium (have been finding recently that there is sodium in EVERYTHING!).

I check my weight everyday, yes, but when my weight is up when it should be down, I focus more on other successes. My clothes are fitting better or looser, I have more endurance at the gym, I just feel better, etc. The scale is only one part of your success.

I'd rather look thinner than obsess over a number. I know it's completely impossible, but if I were 200 pounds and a healthy size six, that would be fine by me!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #208  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

peanut- I'm sure you are right. Scale obsession really does get you nowhere. I have been using morning weigh-ins for motivation but there is no need to hinge the whole day on it. Both stress and TOM could be factors this week so I need to just let it go.
pokey- Thanks for the comments. I will probably continue to weigh myself every other day, but on here I'll only count the once a week numbers. My clothes are fitting a lot looser and the number of ounces I go up or down each day isn't really what's important.
I think I was just getting overly excited at the idea of finally getting below 200. I know I'll get there eventually so no use worrying about it.
Thanks again :-)
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Former addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
K3 - I've shared this advice a few times in this thread.....STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE! Weighing everyday is a habit that will only play games with your mind. So many things affect what you see on the scale - hydration, the amount of undigested food (and digested but waiting to, um, be released), stress, TOM, other hormonal changes, and more. You're worrying needlessly. I would strongly encourage you to stop weighing yourself everyday. Move to a once a week weigh in....record that weekly number, accept it and move forward.

Hopefully some of our former scale addicts will chime in! I know a couple have broken that scale habit successfully (at least I HOPE the bad habit is still broken!!)
A month ago I was so obsessed with the scale that I was getting on it every few hours, trying to calculate exactly how many pounds were fat (based on the percentages,) and seriously making myself unhappy if the numbers hiccuped up even 1/4 pound. I have 3 scales in the house, because I cannot bear to throw them out. So I was running from one scale to another, looking for a better result.
Everybody said to STOP! It took about 3 days to taper off. It has been several weeks now; I don't go near the scale (except to dust it.) I weigh only on weigh-in day. I don't understand why I ever let the scale take over my life.
Nothing has changed without all that weighing. The diet goes on. The exercise goes on. I still lose weight really slow. It is OK! I am in for the duration. J. (If I feel insecure, I measure.)
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Can you picture Sarge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Kendrab--AWESOME job!!!! Look at that smile on your face in addition to the weight loss! And so funny we've got another "butt-er" convert. MadamB's "melting butt-er" analogy is going global!
OK, who is Sarge ....really? We have the "stories." We have the daily wisdom, laughs, great cartoons and butt kicking. But, what could Sarge possibly look like?
When I think of Sarge, I see his cartoon face glaring at the tiny Private. Maybe Sarge looks like THAT. Or, maybe Sarge looks like "the man behind the curtain" in The Wizard of Oz.
Sarge: Can we have a Find a Pic of Sarge contest? (Jojo cringes in fear, but looks hopeful.)
Closed Thread