Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #286  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Don't have time for personals today. With a Heavy Heart I have bad news my Aunt Pat passed away last night. I work out with my trainer on Tuesday.
Didn't get a workout in today. Yesterday, did weights and cardio. My Goal for 5/1- 5/8 is to lose 3 LBS. Let's Melt some Butt'er. Summer will be here soon.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #287  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

{{{ VICKIELOU}}}} So sorry to hear of your loss of your aunt pat. what an awesome attitude you have to pledge 3 pounds despite your heavy heart. i applaud you and am in awe that you have such strong resolve. i hope you have a wonderful week.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #288  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Rainbow--SO NICE to see your bright, smiley face back again!!!! Hope your sales are going well!

VickeyL--Sorry to hear about your loss. So stressful.

POKEY!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!

Kendrab--WTG on that loss and I really, really like your new avatar photo. You look so happy and enthusiastic!

Reso -- You just can't accept "no" can you? I am amazed every time you're able to find away to force yourself out for another long walk almost every day. Geez, you put on A LOT of miles each week. And yes, Sarge does get out quite a bit and I've got a lot more travel coming up on the near future. I'm really happy though to see the platoon has grown to the point of managing itself and staying active when Sarge is gone. Strength in numbers!

Last edited by JayTee; 05-01-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #289  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

LOL, i do have an incredibly hard time saying no to myself now, still doesn't seem to be helping much as of late, my weight hasn't moved at all this week, i have failed, still 223, perhaps i need to do something with my diet, i'm already keeping a sizeable deficit, maybe i should fluctuate intake or introduce longer periods of fasting between meals....something, i just can't figure out whats holding it back.

phillygirl : Thats a good idea, i forgot i have frozen strawberries, saskatoons and blueberries in the freezer, could get creative, will have to look around for some recipies/ideas.

Vickielou : I'm sorry for your loss.

MadamB : I think we could both use a scale fairy.

Pokey : Good job on the loss. Are you doing ok ?

Kendra : I too like your new avatar, were those the size you were wearing before ? If so thats a huge change.

Chickadee : I'm starting to get jealous of you. Just need to lay down to lose weight.

Dreamer : Hard work pays dividends for another. LOL, don't make yourself ill though.

JoJo : Nice that you are sticking around to cheer us on.

I guess i will pledge 4 again this week, somehow i will bust through this and make it, even if i have to starve myself come the end of the week.

P.S It's nice to see you around again rainbow.

Last edited by Resolute; 05-01-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #290  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We heard someone saying that the West Memphis, AR levee broke today, but I can't find anything else about it.{ETA: Hubby found more on the flooding, but doesn't think the levee actually broke}. It rained a little today but most of the day was just overcast with a few sprinkles. We did some shopping, and ran some errands. {shopping being fun; errands being stuff we have to do, LOL} No workout!

Resolute, I drank a lot of protein powder shakes during P90x and STS, but I'm not really sure how much good it did. I don't think mine was whey, but I've heard that's the best kind.

Vickie, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt.

Dreamer, good job on the workout! breath, breath!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #291  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening all,

Just finished work and am DEAD TIRED . . .

Tomorrow, Week 3 of C25K . . . I'm scared to death, I don't know if I can run for 3 minutes . . . I guess we'll find out in the AM

Cheshire: on your 1/2 marathon . . . I'm in AWE!!!

Penguin: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I hope the levee didn't break, that would NOT be good!!

Reso: I wouldn't change your diet . . . I did that two weeks ago and I think it just messed things up. I went back to what I have been doing for the past six months on Wed and I feel better already. My H2O% is still fairly high, so I imagine my legs are holding H2O from the newly started running. Maybe you are too. After the past two weeks, my advice is to stick to what is working and just know it will pay off in the end . . . Maybe it's TOM for you Oh my, I am so funny in my own head!!

VickiLou: I'm so sorry about your Aunt, it's always so sad . . . keep your chin up . . .

Pokey: WOOHOO . . . down 2 lbs!!!!!

Phillygirl, I was drinking protein shakes too, I experiment with different fruits, I almost always put a banana and a little applesauce in mine, I also will add a TBLSP of instant pudding(sugar free, fat free) to thicken it up . . . works like a charm . . .

Dreamer: WAY TO GO . . . I know I'm still huffing and puffing when I do the 30 DS . . .

Kendra: WOW, down 2.5 pounds, I'm so jealous . . .

bnhtla: YOU & ME . . . (OH, AND MAYBE RESO) WE ARE GONNA BITE THAT SCALE!!!!

JOJOYOYO: How's the maintaining going?????

Rainbow: just seeing your face makes me SMILE

SARGE JAYTEE: Hope you had fun this weekend!!! More traveling . . . hmmmmmmmmm . . . are you checking up on us????? or are you out doing covert exercising????? I'm watchin' for that helicopter . . .

Chickadee: Actually, lying down (with a quick nap) works for me too, if I haven't had enough sleep . . .

OK, it's late and I need to SLEEP!!! C25K running tomorrow . . .
Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #292  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
We heard someone saying that the West Memphis, AR levee broke today, but I can't find anything else about it.{ETA: Hubby found more on the flooding, but doesn't think the levee actually broke}. It rained a little today but most of the day was just overcast with a few sprinkles. We did some shopping, and ran some errands. {shopping being fun; errands being stuff we have to do, LOL} No workout!

Resolute, I drank a lot of protein powder shakes during P90x and STS, but I'm not really sure how much good it did. I don't think mine was whey, but I've heard that's the best kind.

Vickie, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt.

Dreamer, good job on the workout! breath, breath!
Yeah i don't know if it will accomplish anything either, i'll just replace my afternoon snack with this for a time and see, also there seems to be different kinds of Whey as well, i got ISO Whey, hopefully it's OK.

Hoping you don't get any flooding, there was a little here but i'm fairly high and dry thankfully.

MadamB : Hardee har har... I wish actually, at least i'd have an explanation. Maybe it's from starting up on the bike, using different muscles, causing strain, i just don't know.

I forgot about Cheshire , that is quite an accomplishment for sure, congrats on a new milestone.

Last edited by Resolute; 05-02-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #293  

Height: 5'6''

I DID IT! I finally beat that nasty (deserved) gain I had a couple weeks ago! So I'm down three lbs. Put me down for 2 lbs this week...going to be hard work but summer is just around the corner and I'm not spending it in full length jeans and long sleeve shirts!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 244.8/227/150

Height: 5'6

Reporting in with 2.2 loss. Pledging 1 this week.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Reso- perhaps add something different to your workout? Anytime I hit a plateau I change my workout and it seems to help! You'll get through it!!!

And yes, that's the size I was before. A few years ago I was even bigger (those shorts I'm holding up were a 17- which is what I was back in January), but I've gotten as big as a snug 19. I'm now in 11's but can button/zip 9's (thy just don't look so great haha).

I accomplished something HUGE yesterday. I wore actual shorts all day. The type of shorts that if you put your hands by your side the bottom of the leg openings are right at your fingertips. This is really big for me considering I've gone summers without wearing anything but pants. The whole day I had the nair commercial in my head "who wears short shorts?!" haha. It felt really good to accomplish something so "big" for me

Today ill be cleaning closets, shredding, laying out in the sun to get these pale legs of mine some color and c25k-ing. Enjoy the day everyone!!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #296  
Living the Life

Just a quick morning post, I've been reading the news and have to get off to work.

Have a wonderful and healthy start to the new week everyone!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #297  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Troops! One last look at last weeks pledges and then time to focus on the new week!
Last week 4/24 - 5/1

Sarge = 2 /// (-2)
Pokey = 1 /// (-2)
VickieL= 3 //// Shhhhhh!
DCap = 2
MadamB = .5 /// (-.6)
Resolute = 4 /// -0-
Peanutt = .5 /// -0-
Cheshire = 2 /// -0- BUT FINISHED 1/2 MARATHON!
Chickadee = 2 /// (-2.6)
Dreamer = 2 /// (-2)
Sizzlin = 2 /// (-2.2)
bnhtla = 2 /// (-1.5)
linalin = 1 /// (-2.5)
Deanna = 3 /// (-2)
Kneed = 2
Koshi = 2
lucyf= 3 /// (-3)
Pintaminto=1 /// (-.5)

Yoyo = Maintain & and another 1/2" off waist

Newbie Prvts.
Penguin = 1 /// (-2)
Kendrab = 2.5 /// (-2.5)
Tschaff = 2 and start C25K program!
Phillygirl = .5 /// (-1.8)
K3K = 1.5 /// (-2.2)
fatarnp =1.5 /// (-.4)

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL THIS WEEK: 44 lbs. /// 29.8 so far

Pledges Week 5/1-5/8

Sarge = 1
Phillygirl = 1
bnhtla = 2
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2
K3 = 1.5
Dreamer = 1.5
MadamB = 1
VickieL = 3
Pokey = 1
Kendrab = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Lucyf = 2
Resolute = 4
Peanutt = .5
fatarnp = 2
pintamint =.5
Deanna = 2
Linalin = 1

VickieL = pledging to find ways to de-stress!
Rainbow = maintaining & motivating us!
Yoyo = maintaining & waist busting!

Newbies:
Celrae = 2
Misstiff = 2

NEW WEEK! MAKE IT COUNT! SUMMER IS JUST 40 DAYS AWAY!

Last edited by JayTee; 05-03-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Since FitDay is temporally down I will post here.

April 27th 156 min walk, 4 sets stairs with 10 reps
April 28th 50 min walk
April 29th 60 min walk
April 30th 110 min walk, 1 set stairs 10 reps
May 1st 60 min walk, 2 sets stairs 10 reps
May 2nd 50 min walk, 3 sets stairs 10 reps
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #299  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi platoon! Just a quick fly-by to post that my weight stayed exactly the same this week. I'm going to pledge that 0.5lbs for the week ahead. I'm taking this as a victory, because I really didn't stay on plan well all week - ate out twice, drank beer 3 days, and ate french fries.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #300  

Good morning, work starts late today so i got to sleep in a little later.

Time to forget about last week and work towards making this new week as good as i can, must string together flawless days of being on plan, have to determine just what is slowing/stopped my progress, if something i can affect, i simply must eliminate any and all irregularities.

Digging ever deeper to make it happen, take care everyone, give it your all.
Closed Thread