Old 02-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #166  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMuffinTop View Post
Ive neve heard of it. Whats it about??
It's a show about labor and delivery...they try to make it as light-hearted as possible...it's really cute.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 260/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I went online and watched the episodes they were actually pretty cute! When i told DH he just rolled his eyes cuz ive already been watching all the bringin home baby shows on TLC lol. oops. I cant help it! I have baby fever! September cant come quick enough!
MonsterMuffinTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 217/196.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Today is day 3 of no smoking!....i never knew it would be this hard. *sigh* but its so worth it! for the future baby and myself!

Just wanted to throw in my congrats! When I had my daughter, in Sept. 09, my husband quit. He had been a long-time smoker and promised me that he would quit by the time the baby was born. He sure waited to the last day, and the day she was born he had his last cigarette! If HE can do it, you can too! For him, he had to do it cold turkey. He is SO proud of himself, and I'm proud of him too. He said everyday was a little easier and it really helped to change other things that he associated with smoking. For instance, he does not have morning coffee any more, because that was his "breakfast" ... coffee and a cigi. Can you imagine quitting smoking AND coffee at the same time?!? Anyway, congrats again!!!!

Last edited by flsunbmr; 02-10-2011 at 09:36 AM.
flsunbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesteb View Post
... I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism
Hey there...I'm also hypothyroid. Mine presented a couple months post-partum, with some crazy symptoms. I guess it's pretty common to have thyroid issues following pregnancy. However, I also have struggled with my weight, have dry skin, low energy, depression, etc. for many many years before I had my daughter. Also, I had 2 miscarriages before the baby, and my endocrinoligist said that it's hard to tell if my thyroid issues contributed to my infertility issues, or were a result of my pregnancy. I ended up taking clomid for my successful pregnancy, and will take it again this time. My OB is in the mindset of "it won't hurt" to have that extra boost, especially due to my age and my history of miscarriage. Anyway, I've been on Synthroid for about a year now, and I have to tell you the thing I've noticed the most is feeling more clear-headed, better focussed and more energy. I wish it was like a magic "diet pill" for me, my weight still fights me coming off! (but I'm a chronic "cheater" / emotional eater). But, with a better energy level and more focus, I seem to be able to fit exercise in and fight those binge-type urges a little better. My endocrinoligist tells me that even though my thyroid level has been stable for many months now, during pregnancy it's important to get your bloodwork often, as the pregnancy hormones can do wacky things to your thyroid!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #170  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Posting my updated weigh in's

1/6- 231.2
1/13- 230
1/20- 228.2
1/27- 226.6
2/3- 226.2
2/10- 225.2

Still slow and steady..

I'm hypothyroid as well.. I believe it's been 7 years since I was diagnosed... it's not a magic pill for me either. I'm also on metformin for PCOS. Anyone else taking metformin?
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #171  
Soon We'll Be Complete

MMT how's the quiting going?
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #172  
Day 1 back on plan...

YAY got tom Tom has been MIA since I gained the holiday weight... Glad shes back WITHOUT meds
Old 02-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
MMT how's the quiting going?
Day five and still going great! Still is really hard and im realizing that im snacking alot during the day to try to curb my cravings for the cigi but im getting there slowly but surely. With the stress and extra snacking im betting on a gain this week even tho ive worked out every day. *sigh*
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsunbmr View Post
Just wanted to throw in my congrats! When I had my daughter, in Sept. 09, my husband quit. He had been a long-time smoker and promised me that he would quit by the time the baby was born. He sure waited to the last day, and the day she was born he had his last cigarette! If HE can do it, you can too! For him, he had to do it cold turkey. He is SO proud of himself, and I'm proud of him too. He said everyday was a little easier and it really helped to change other things that he associated with smoking. For instance, he does not have morning coffee any more, because that was his "breakfast" ... coffee and a cigi. Can you imagine quitting smoking AND coffee at the same time?!? Anyway, congrats again!!!!
I have to do it cold turkey too. I tried cutting down the amount every week for the last two months but as soon as something stressful happened, i went right back up to my original amount just because they were there. So i finished my last pack sunday night and decided i wasnt buying anymore! And i totally get the changing other things that i associate with smoking. Right now I cant even go out my side door becasue thats the door i always went out to go smoke. its going to be a long hard process i think but im willing to stick with it.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing4another View Post
YAY got tom Tom has been MIA since I gained the holiday weight... Glad shes back WITHOUT meds
yay!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #176  

Quote:
So i finished my last pack sunday night and decided i wasnt buying anymore!
I just know you can do it...but don't forget to be kind to yourself and reward yourself! The not buying anymore is added incentive, too. I can't tell you how much our budget has benefitted since my DH quit. You probably already thought of this, but maybe you can allocate what you would have spent on cigis and save it to buy something really nice for yourself... a massage or something??
Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #177  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi ladies,

sorry I've been semi-absent lately. I started a new job and its taking up a lot of my time that I typically had available. Oh well, its going great so far so no complaints.

Congrats on not smoking! Also congrats to everyone that is pushing past and through issues to reach their goals.

I am down 2 lbs this week. My arm muscles have been inflamed and swollen so I wasn't able to do much of my exercise program. Also, I found myself having to fight past snack cravings.

I am down 20 lbs in 5 weeks and am very happy about that. I'm really hoping to continue to lose at a nice steady pace because I have a long way to go.

Hubby apparently can 'see' and 'feel' the difference in my body already. He's been on me like a dog in heat LMBO!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 02-11-2011 at 04:01 PM.
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #178  
Day 1 back on plan...

Mybodyismytemple- There you are Haven't seen you on either thread. Glad the job is going good. Twenty pounds in five weeks is awesome.. way to go

MonsterMuffinTop- thanks hun I used to smoke a lot of years ago.. It was tough but slowly you get into new habits. Hardest for me was after dinner.. Now I always have to have something sweet but it's worth the trade.

TGIF - Have a good weekend everyone
Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #179  
Soon We'll Be Complete

I'm so glad that we are all doing so well!!!
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #180  

I gained 2lbs this week I know it was because of all of my snacking. So this week Im going to rock it! I went grocery shopping and got everything i needed for a successful week and im excited to weigh in next sunday!

Last edited by MonsterMuffinTop; 02-13-2011 at 04:31 PM.