Old 02-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #121  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I used to have an ideal time frame (I was really hoping for April/May of this year - right after my qualifying exam), but now my time frame is - whenever it happens, I'll take it!

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping to avoid December. My mother's birthday is Dec 4 and she's told me all my life how much she hates having a birthday so close to Christmas. My husband and I are jewish, but our families aren't and so it's still a busy time of year. But I'll totally take December if that's when it happens!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #122  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Girls

sorry i havent been around for a while i wasnt getting any notifications for this thread so i thought no one was commenting its only that i checked on the off chance that i saw people were replying... My weightloss is going slow first week i lost 3lb , then i put 2lb back on due to not being able to exercise due terrible menstral bleeding which lasted 19 days before i saw dr to get something to stop it , then i lost 2lb that i put on and that brings me back to 3lb loss im hoping for at least 1lb on sunday when i weight in FX anyways....

As for the ttc business still dealing with a huge cyst i have had another scan a few days ago and its still there but dont know if its got bigger or not i just spoke to my GP and she is gonna speak to my consutalnt and try and see whats going on cos there dragging there heels.... then maybe we can get back to ttc again x
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #123  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi ladies, I have to head off to work, but I did my WI today and I am down 5 lbs this week!! I am down 18 lbs in about 28 or so days.Woohoo! Time to go start a new 5lb thread.

Have a good day and I'll reply more this weekend.
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'6"

Honeybee - Whoo hoo! You rock! Keep up the hard work!
Teresa - The cyst thing is sooo frustrating since you can't really do anything to control it. Keep up working on what you can control - even if it not even for your future baby but just for YOU and YOUR HEALTH! Keep thinking positive - it'll happen!
celesteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 217/196.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all....is it too late to join? I'm trying to get to my healthy weight to conceive #2 this year. Although, I'm not trying to NOT conceive until I reach my goal. Does that make sense? I'm (38) and had difficulty getting pregnant the first time, and I'd like to be a healthier weight for a second pregnancy. (my 1st is 17 months. I was ~220 when I got pregnant 1/09 and 252 when I delivered 9/09.)

Anyway, I'm trying to kick-it up a notch with my exercise and eating and see how far I can get in the next 3 months to jump start things. Ultimately, I'd like to be pregnant by October, so I would deliver before I'm 40 (July 2012). UGH, i hate even typing that. But, that's where I'm at!
flsunbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #126  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone! I weighed in today at 190.0...my goal for May(ish) is to be at 165 because that is when my husband and I were thinking of TTC, but we've decided to wait to TTC until December so that gives me some more time to get healthier and lose more weight. I would like to maybe get down to 150, but I'll change my signature once I've hit my original goal of 165
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #127  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBodyisMyTemple View Post
Hi ladies, I have to head off to work, but I did my WI today and I am down 5 lbs this week!! I am down 18 lbs in about 28 or so days.Woohoo! Time to go start a new 5lb thread.

Have a good day and I'll reply more this weekend.

YOU GO GIRL! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #128  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Hi everyone! I weighed in today at 190.0...my goal for May(ish) is to be at 165 because that is when my husband and I were thinking of TTC, but we've decided to wait to TTC until December so that gives me some more time to get healthier and lose more weight. I would like to maybe get down to 150, but I'll change my signature once I've hit my original goal of 165
Emme! That is awesome! Great job!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #129  
Soon We'll Be Complete

4 new members aboard the baby dust train!

Opheliaphoenix
Emme
Chickadee32
flsunbmr

WELCOME!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

Height: 5'11

I'm loving reading everyone's updates and progress. I've been thinking over the past few days things I could do now, that would have a positive impact on the future of conceiving/carrying/caring for a child. I've got the weightloss plan on track (6 pounds down in a little less than two weeks! yay!) I'm not drinking, smoking, using drugs. I'm taking prenatal vitamins. Any other tips from you guys that have little ones? I was thinking about exercise. Are there any exercises that would benefit me in carrying and labor? Just some thoughts! Have a great weekend everyone!
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #131  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneytoMe View Post
Are there any exercises that would benefit me in carrying and labor?
My best friend and sister-in-law credit pilates and yoga, respectively, for their "easy" labor. Both of them pushed for a very short time and felt better than they expected after delivery. Not sure if others have had that experience, but it makes intuitive sense to me.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #132  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Journey squats, u need to strengthen your legs for pushing. Yoga and cardio for endurance.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #133  
Soon We'll Be Complete

I think this snow and ice is finally melting....!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 217/196.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody. I'm excited to finally cross that 200 mark! Can't lie, I worked out 6 days last week, and thought I'd lose more than 2 lbs., but i suppose 2 lbs. is better than no lbs.! I just feel impatient......

My dh informed me this weekend that he really doesn't want to "try" until I reach my goal weight. :-( I think I just need to lay off the "baby talk" a bit. He's also worried about the $$ with a 2nd baby.

SIGH.......
flsunbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #135  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsunbmr View Post
Hi everybody. I'm excited to finally cross that 200 mark! Can't lie, I worked out 6 days last week, and thought I'd lose more than 2 lbs., but i suppose 2 lbs. is better than no lbs.! I just feel impatient......

My dh informed me this weekend that he really doesn't want to "try" until I reach my goal weight. :-( I think I just need to lay off the "baby talk" a bit. He's also worried about the $$ with a 2nd baby.

SIGH.......
That's why I didn't tell my DH my goal weight because men have NO IDEA what 135lbs looks like when we are standing in front of them at 200+ pounds. I know that I carry my weight very well once I'm down around 200 and my DH doesn't have a clue that I'm actually that heavy. I know if I told my DH that my goal was 179 before I got pregnant, he'd be like THAT'S NOT THIN ENOUGH! But he has no idea what I'll look like at 179, When I'm there I'm sure he'll think I'm in the 150's.

I think you are right, just lay off the baby talk and don't annouce to him everytime you loose a pound either. Soon enough you'll be thinner than you've ever been and you'll be knock'n boots and making a baby. Atleast that's my plan