Old 06-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #211  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hey, ladies! Sorry for being so sporadic with checking in. I tried a third healthy recipe this week-- Creamy Artichoke Pasta Salad with a tiny bit of vegan mayo and whole grain pasta. It's tasty.

I've also done really well with drinking my water, so yay for that.

I weighed in at 135.2 this morning. Yay! Slowly but surely, I'm losing again. I will probably not get out of the 130s by the end of the month as 5 lbs in 10 days is ridiculous, but I WILL in July!
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #212  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey chicklets,

I did well on eating and drinking at the Turducken Dance Party last night. And we danced hard and had a blast. And the scale was down .4 pounds to 166.4, so I'm guessing I sufficiently burned more calories than I consumed. I was too tired to exercise this morning, but managed to do it this afternoon, so I'm pretty happy.

bama girl: good going on the healthy recipes and getting your water in--slow and steady weight loss is a good thing!

LE: yippee for you! So glad you're seeing those results that do so much to keep us motivated! I bet you can hit onederland by the end of July! How cool would that be?

NightAngel: yay for a bike--I wish I liked riding mine. I don't like riding in city traffic because I don't trust stupid (oblivious) drivers, but just don't ever put the bike on the car to drive somewhere to ride. DH uses the bike as his primary mode of transportation. I wish I was braver...
Yes, TUR(key)DUCK(chick)EN. The birds are deboned and the chicken is wrapped in the duck and the duck is wrapped in the turkey, with other stuffings, prosciutto, and various flavor surprises. I thought it was tender moist and good, but probably not worth the time and effort of the chef and the resulting price, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for the lowdown on the Diva Cup. At this point, I don't think I'd go for it--I'm 43 and seem to be having symptoms of pre-menopause, e.g. I think I'm getting another visit from TOM. He's coming back every three weeks. It's either pre-menopause, or I'm looking so hot he wants to come see me more often.

goodnuff: welcome back to the commitment! Good for you and good luck sticking with it. We're here to help, remember!

MSP: we'll miss you, and look forward to hearing about your vacation.

Have a great week everyone!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #213  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

yeah, i havent posted in a while. work has been really stressful and i've been tired and kinda lazy. still hanging in there though.

my weigh-in for this past thursday

Starting weight 166.6
Week 1: 168.6 (6-3-2010)
Week 2: 166.0 (6-10-2010)
Week 3: 165.8 (6-17-2010)

hopefully i can get it together and lose at least a pound by thursday.
my main problen has been finding the time and energy to exercise. but tomorrow me and the park have a date! lol

nsv: recently bought some new well fitting shorts, shirts, and workout gear. all my clothes were haning off of me. it's so great!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #214  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 238/132/130

Height: 5'5"

OP today. I'm glad I reached my first goal of the month to reach an overweight BMI but losing 8 lbs just seems hopeless. Hopefully July goes better for me.
ap90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 AM   #215  
ISO my perfect body

June Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
Red=Goal Met!

Ms Perception: Reach and maintain under 133 lbs, Take multivitamin, Track food
DoraUK: Log all food, Drink at least 1.5L water daily, Reach and maintain 116-120 lbs all month, Be at most 120 lbs for 6/26 graduation
Vladadog: Reach 230 lbs
NightAngel26: Lose 15 lbs by b-day, Eat out 1x or less/wk, pasta 2x/wk, Eat 6 c. fruits and/or veggies/day
wrdfrog: Log calories daily, Stay below 1600 cals/day, Lose 6 lbs
mizb1978: Lose 10 lbs, Drink at least 64oz water daily (shoot for 128oz)
eclipse: Reach 216 lbs
gottahlose: Take vitamins daily, Lose 8 lbs
starbuck: Lose 10 lbs, Drink more water, Be totally vegan (no cheating)
starchild: Eat 1400-1600 cals/day, Limit drinks to water, tea, or water/juice mix, No potato chips, Reach 225 lbs
Quillie: Lose 3 kg, Buy new clothes in a regular store, Homemade ice tea instead of diet soda, Implant order
Hopeful8: Lose 10 lbs
ap90: Drink 2L water daily, Reach Overweight BMI, Lose 8 lbs
susiemartin: Lose 8 lbs, Check-in daily
MOM24QTS: Weigh under 150 lbs, Weigh-in daily
Oh 2 be me: Lose 10 lbs, Switch coffee w/half & half for green tea
InControl2Day: Reach 130 lbs
TeaRose: Keep logging food, Make smart food choices, Lose 5 lbs
MiniChick: Lose 8 lbs
girlieyorkie: Lose 7 lbs
Avezy44: Reach 200 lbs
alyssarof2012: Keep the LR clean, Track food daily, Eat healthy 98% of the time, Lose 5-10 lbs, Drink at least 4 c. water daily, No soda
eryn s: Lose 10 lbs
goodnuff: Track all food and drink, Stay within WW points, Drink at least 64 oz water daily (aim for 110 oz), Lose at least 5 lbs
Summer2010: Lose 7 lbs
knobhdy: Lose 5 lbs
Mellabella01: Track WW point, Lose at least 5 lbs, Drink water
aluxa: Lose at least 3 lbs
urockmom: Lose 7 lbs
tamaraj: Get below 180 lbs, Continue to log food daily, Keep drinking 3L water daily
bama girl: Get out of the 130's, Try 1 healthy new recipe each week, Keep drinking at least 64 oz water daily
VickieLou: Lose weight, Reach 229 lbs
KimL1214: Lose 11 lbs
onestar: Lose 8 lbs, Check-in daily
MissChief: No food after 9:30 p.m., Measure breakfast cereals
LouisaH: Lose 10 lbs
Terre: Lose 13 lbs
Lewisempire: Log food daily, Drink 64 oz water or tea daily
Lostmyself: Lose 1 lb/wk, Keep up food diary, Don't be a slave to numbers
motivatedchickie: No smoking cigarettes, Reach 127 lbs
Scatterheart: Lose 10 lbs
Nella: Lose 5 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
dangerouscurves76: Eat 1200-1500 cals daily, Lose 6 lbs, Take vitamins daily
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
Nicki Rini: Drink 64oz of water/day, Have Soup as 1 meal/day, Have Veggies as 1 meal/day, Swim 2 hours/day 3x/week, Lose 15lbs
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 AM   #216  
ISO my perfect body

Ok ladies, I am taking care of the list for MsP while she is off having fun! Please let me know if I miss something, or need to change things. I will do my best to stay on top of it!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #217  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time

Yesterday was almost 100% OP.
Things were going well until I started eating some fresh cherries. I ate more than I should have - but they were SO GOOD!

Here's looking forward to a better OP day today.

Hope you day is a good one!
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #218  
ISO my perfect body

Good morning!
Susiemartin, while it is never the best to go off plan, at least it was fresh fruit. I love fresh fruit this time of year too. mmmmm good!

Ap90-congrats on reaching one of your goals!

LouisaH- You know I hadn't thought of being to Onederland that quick, but now I am excited Thanks for pointing that out! Glad your dancing Turducken Party was a success! I love to exercise with fun stuff, it makes it so much easier.

Onestar- Welcome back! Hope you can get your exercise Mojo back!

Bamagirl-Yay for drinking your water!

Nightangel- Good for you on the pound! We will celebrate every loss!!! you will have fun on your bike, but if it has been a while I would be careful in chosing your route at first. We recenty got a set of bikes, and thought we would cruise the neighborhood, well we have some hills, and let me tell you I was DYING!!!! Now we have a couple of more level routes, and it is a blast, and a great work out.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #219  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

This is my first "Check-In" since stating my goals for this challenge.

Well, I have been good with 1) eating 1400-1600 calories daily, 2) limiting drinks to water, tea and fruit juice/water, 3) no potato chips and...

I am much closer to goal of 225 lbs. (started out at 237). Weighed today and came in at 228!!! Whoo-hoo!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 185/120; 147/156/120

Height: 5'7"

I'm up 8 lbs. since leaving for vacation. I seem to be staying steady at this weight though. I'm hoping to start seeing the scale go down as my vacation winds down.
MiniChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #221  
I will never give up.

135.0 today! I am proud of myself for losing again. My challenges are going well all around.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #222  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time

Yesterday was OP.

I'm almost to my June goal I weighed 249.8 this morning. Pretty sure I'll make my goal by the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #223  
ISO my perfect body

Good morning to everyone!

Soooo my friend and I went to our first Zumba classyesterday afternoon. I will have to say it was kinda fun even though I am NOT a dancer. I guess i am too old to give a darn if i look silly or not. I am sure it is a heck of a workout, because I sweated like someone was hosing me down. It was definately worth a try if you get the chance, My friend LOVED it too. So it will likely go into our rotation of a weekly class.
I am on plan, but several times last night, i dreamed that i was cheating. I would catch myself eating something like cake. Then I would realize and spit it out and rinse out my mouth. IDK, maybe there is some deep seeded psychological meaning, but at least I am not over my calories for real!!! Now that would be a real nightmare. LOL, Do any of you ever have dreams this crazy?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #224  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Mornin', I gotta be quick and get into work, but had to comment...

LE: I have smoking dreams. I quit in 1998, and would catch myself cheating in my dreams. At first my dream self would be so pissed at herself. Then eventually she caught on that it was totally okay to be a smoker in the dream, and now I get to smoke still--in my dreams! Even still, just writing this reminded me that in a very recent dream I told someone I smoke one cigarette a day. It's so weird, but how smart are our psyches to be able to satisfy our desires in non-harmful ways. The food dreams have already started, but my dream self hasn't realized it to rationalize them yet. I can not WAIT until my dream self says, I eat one chocolate covered Bavarian cream filled donut a day. lol!

susiemartin, starchild and bama girl: awesome work, congratulations!

minichick: lots of water, exercise and good eating will take that vacation weight right off and get you back in the game. Hope it was a fun vacation. Now it's time to remember how much fun the weight loss can be--good luck!

I got another visit from TOM again. I would have thought I was too young to be pre-menopausal, at 43, but this is the second one that is three weeks after the first, so something is going on. My weight is up .2 this morning, so I'm guessing it's that, because I've been eating well and exercising (no exercise today since TOM is busy drilling through my back and abdomen right now, and I have a long two days on my feet and am already exhausted). Gotta run, have a great day everyone!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #225  
I will never give up.

So somehow I lost a pound and a half overnight. I weighed in at 133.6 this morning. What?! Even if it is just water weight, I will take it.