Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

Hopeful8: I only lost 5 pounds on the first week, since them I have been losing around 1.5 pounds a week. I have increased my exercise last week. I think that stress and my body already adjusted is the answer to the slowing down weight loss.

SaraLee:

Knobhdy:

This weekend was a disaster anyway I’m still one pound away from my goal for May. I’m thinking about my next month and I’m a little worry because two weeks away from home I do not know how I will manage everything to stay on plan.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #257  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Down to 163.8 which is a nice little drop from 165 which I've been hovering around for well over a week. Another nice little surprise was the fact that TOM showed up halfway through my cardio session today. I'm 5 days away from trying to hit goal for this month and now it seems as if another road block is in my way. I haven't seen the 150's since high school and this month has been agonizing.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #258  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Good evening girls!
Hope all had a great day, I am on plan today! I know it is getting down to the wire for several of you. You all can make it happen! don't give up! The beauty of this thread, is next month happens, and renews your goals, and strengths! talk at you in the am!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #259  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Hi Chicklets, my bath is filling, so this is just a g'night posting.

aluxa: don't focus on losing during your trip home, focus on maintaining. That will be your first real-life practice at your future! You know how not to overeat, and what foods are high in calories and low in calories. Do your best to make sure there will be some sort of low cal or veggie foods for you to eat, and go very easy on the high calorie stuff. You'll do fine. Ask your family for their support in making sure you can stick with your program by making sure to include some healthy foods for you to eat. We can't go through the rest of our lives in fear of overeating or putting on weight, so just practice what you know works, and no worries!

The scale was up a pound from yesterday and I don't know why. I'm hoping it will be back down tomorrow. Today was a good day, and I'm hoping tomorrow will be as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #260  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time
Yesterday was another OP day.

Here's to another 3FC's Day
Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #261  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

starting weight: 170

Week 1: 166.2 (5-6-2010)
Week 2: 168.6 (5-13-2010)
Week 3: 167.6 (5-20-2010)
Week 4: 165.8 (5-27-2010)

final weigh-in: (5-31-2010)

i'm really excited that i am back down and below 166. so far i've lost 4.2 pounds this month. not a lot but i'll take it! i was not drinking enough water it turns out. water makes a HUGE difference. i havent measured but i can tell that i've lost inches also. i've been wearing my waist trimmer belt and long sleeved black shirts when i exercise so i can sweat it all out lol! i can tell the difference.

also we got a dog last night. it's going well so far and the great thing is that he came to us already housetrained. im enjoying that. i'll take him with me to the park today and see how he does. he's kind of small (15lbs.) but has a lot of energy so i think he'll do fine.
later!
have a good day!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 185/120; 147/156/120

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaH View Post
The scale was up a pound from yesterday and I don't know why. I'm hoping it will be back down tomorrow. Today was a good day, and I'm hoping tomorrow will be as well.
Normal fluctuations?? BTW, I love your avatar picture. It makes me smile everytime I see it.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #263  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

onestar-Congrats on the new dog! We just got ours in January, she's also 15 lbs and came housetrained. We LOVE her!! Also great job on the loss! It's amazing what a difference water makes isn't it?

susiemartin-Great job stringing these OP days together! You're a star!

LE-I'm loving seeing your posts and reading that you're staying OP. It inspires me to do the same!

Hopeful8-Those 150's are right around the corner, but believe me I know it can feel miles away. Won't it be awesome to get back down to high school weight though?

aluxa-You can do 1 pound! I know you can! I have a vacation in June that also has me thinking about how I can come out without a gain. Just do the things you know to do, as LouisaH said. These are all learning experiences we can use to improve with each challenge we face.

LouisaH-Hope the bath was relaxing. It sounded good when I read it!

Okay well, I wasn't gonna do personals, but then I got swept up in responding. LOL I'm off to log my food and then do some shopping. The local outlet mall is doing sidewalk sales today! Have a healthy day everyone!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Perception View Post
MiniChick-That's a good concept and back when I was a SouthBeacher I would've totally been on board. I'm actually a calorie counter now, though I've been doing a crappy job of it this month which is part of the reason I am having a harder time. When I do count cals, I'm good to go. So, for me it's not so much needed to change things up, but actually DO the stuff that works for me! I don't use any reduced carbs plan due to my running. They (carbs) are vital to healthy energy levels for me. It was a hard transition to convince myself carbs weren't the devil since I had been a former carb watcher.
Oh, I see. I do a combination of calorie counting, carb watching (not counting so much), and zig zagging. So far this combination seems to be working really good for me. I've lost 4 pounds since I joined this site last week (May 22nd). On my lower calorie days I'm also only having my carbs at breakfast, and the rest of my day is low fat/normal amount of protein. I figured that between the lower calories and the small amount of carbs at breakfast, my body will really go after those fat stores. On my higher calorie days I eat normal amounts of carbs, but still try to avoid carbs towards the afternoon/evening time, and have a little bit more healthy fat. I pretty much keep the protein count the same on all days, aiming for around 20 grams per meal. If I do have carbs later in the day, I try to keep it at a minimum so that I'm still doing low carb at least. We'll see if I continue to have good results with it. The first week of any new change in diet seems to give the best results.

Last edited by MiniChick; 05-27-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #265  
ISO my perfect body

Good morning ladies!
I had a rough time at work last night, and up just long enough for the motrin to kick in, so I can go back to sleep. I would like to say when I got home this morning(at 4am) my tummy was growling, so I thought about you ladies here, and instead of a handfull of potato chips, I had 6 oz of 0% milk with a scoop of ovaltine. Yummy treat, and helped me get to sleep without a bunch of calories, and I got some vitamins to boot. I feel like I have a little more control, since I started posting here again. It is funny, but I don't want to let you girls down! Thanks!

MiniChick- That sounds like an interesting combo. I may do some more reading, and try to incorporate it into my plan. I agree, changes help jumpstart your diet. Keep it up

MsP- I love that you are telling me that I inspire you! Girl, you are My inspiration!!! I know how far you have come, and how hard you have worked. I also remember some of the situations you had going on while losing your weight(moving, living with in-laws),"You have come a long way Baby!" I do still miss some of the others from this thread from last year. maybe we will get lucky, and they will find their way back too. I am so glad to have found you still posting, makes this thread feel like home ok, well sniff, sniff enough mushy stuff, I hope you have a great day bargain hunting! Let us know what you find!

Onestar- A NEW DOG! oh, how wonderful. You will have to share some pics! what did you name him/her, Give us all the details! As you can see I love dogs, (ok well all animals) You will have a built in exercise buddy! My dog is always ready to go for a walk, day or night, rain or shine it doesn't matter! congrats on the inches lost too! sounds like you are on the right track! Keep it up, I think I will try for more water today too!

SusieMartin! YAY for your on-plan Day!!!! I know you can do this, because people who live/work on farms are RELENTLESSLY hardworkers! there is nothing they can't figure out how to do! My gosh, if you can wrangle with livestock, you can do anything!!!!! Keep it up!

LouisaH- I think you gave aluxa great advice, about how to handle her vacation. Very smart I am also a little jealous of your bath last night, I hope it was luxurious! Right now, we only have a shower in our house, so it has been a while since i could sink into a nice bath, and let Calgon TAKE ME AWAY!

Okay, well I am gonna head back to bed now, so I can catch up on the sleep I missed last night, I will check in again later-
Hope everyone keeps it on the straight and narrow today!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default well...

I did so well for three months and now I can't seem to get back into the groove. I'm gaining and losing the same 2 lbs over and over! Argh!

There's no hope for my goal this month, it was a long shot to begin with but now it's out there.... no real progress here, I need to get in gear.

Today at least, I've done well by swimming for a couple of hours, had a fairly loaded lunch before hand (egg and potato skillet) so I dunno what good I did. I'm going to try to load my macaroni dish with veggies tonight so I don't overload. Wish me luck!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisempire View Post
MiniChick- That sounds like an interesting combo. I may do some more reading, and try to incorporate it into my plan. I agree, changes help jumpstart your diet. Keep it up
Well, I don't know how much reading you'll be able to do about it as it's my own thrown together weight loss plan. These are the things that make sense to me from all that I've read over the years, and, in combination, it seems to be working for me so I think I'll stick with it. I may have finally found what works best for me, for weightloss anyhow.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #268  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

MiniChick-You hit the nail on the head right there. I think the best plan is one we create for ourselves based on our own specific needs. That's exactly how I came up with my plan.

NightAngel-Don't get discouraged. You've had some challenges and just like those, you'll figure out something to get the scale moving again. I know I hit a plateau of sorts after about 4 months of weight loss. I haven't hit one again (while OP). It was just something I had to kinda analyze and figure out. We're all here for you if ya want to vent!

LE-Aww shucks! You're too sweet! I hope you're feeling better. I'm off to bed 'cuz I've got a big day tomorrow. DH and I are chaperoning a all-night grad party for the high school he works at. There will be a major challenge food-wise. I gotta be prepared!!

Night girls!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #269  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

MiniChick: my avatar pic is a pretty common site at my computer. My cat, like onestar's new dog, weighs 15 pounds--although he is a big slug and will sleep all day in my lap, snoring and farting...god, I love this cat. Congrats on finding a plan that works for you. That really is half the battle.

onestar: are you falling in love with the new family member yet?

MsP and LE: The bath is heaven. We built a new bathroom above our new kitchen last year and put in a 6' airbath. I have the most awesome bathroom--even I'm a little jealous of it sometimes. I took another bath tonight after the three exhausting long days--the CSA in the veggie season is a lot of work being on your feet all day. Also, I started on this forum in January, and the two of you were both a big inspiration to me--you've helped me to encourage others and pass along the inspiration and motivation. I follow Shrinking Girl's and Tummy Girl's blogs (you can find the link to them on the blogroll on my blog)--they're both still doing great, BTW.

MsP: have fun at chaperoning! Good luck with the food. I've got Shakespeare in the Park tomorrow night, and intend to eat yummy picnic food (good though, not crap) and drink wine...uh oh! Better get up early to get some extra exercise in.

NightAngel: No worries. We can just say Good for you for taking a month to test your maintenance skills, and being successful! Just do what you can for the remaining few days, and see how you do on the challenge for next month.

So it appears that maybe the pound up I experienced yesterday might be due to a pending visit from our friend TOM, although what I did to deserve two visits in one month (three weeks apart) is beyond me. He probably likes my bathtub.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #270  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Morning All - Check In Time
Another good day under my belt. Still working outside & trying to get all the planting done before really HOT weather gets here.

Some of the weight I put on is coming back off. I'm down again to 259 & get to keep my one of my May goals

Hope everyone has a terrific day
Closed Thread