Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Mystical - my thought would be that some resistance work on you hitt days would be fine or you culd do the resistance stuff on the days you're not doing the cardio. I have found doing both cardio or weights after hitt to be fine, it just seems like with Hiit being so short I have alot of energy left over. But I second what FSA said it depends on your preference for sure.

FSA - Thanks so much and your welcome

Hey ladies, our last day is upon us again. Ended up doing a spontaneous trip to Edmonton today to pick up dh's birthday present which ended up being a wonking huge monitor. I can almost fit two full screens up to do personals, I'm feeling fancy. Didn't end up doing my optional stretching today but that's why they call it optional! Super excited to start my P90X tomorrow and get this show on the road. Going to finish cleaning up this disaster of a desk now that I unleashed all the dust bunnies changing the screen.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #287  

Hey Ladies!
Well, I don't think today was too bad, but it wasn't too good either. I'm thinking about getting on the treadmill for a little bit, I usually don't workout on Sunday but I have a feeling I won't get a workout in tomorrow with school starting etc.
Tomorrow I will figure out my September goals.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #288  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Still without a "real" scale, so no updates there. I will use my mil's old fashioned scale tomorrow to get some idea. Then I will set my Sept. goals for the WL and Exercise threads. I am feeling a little disconnected this weekend since my schedule's off and I don't know what I weigh, but no biggie. Tomorrow is a good day to set goals and look ahead! Looking forward to seeing ya'll over in the Sept. thread.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 AM   #289  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Bright and early this morning and loads to do. I tell ya, you let the house go on a weekend and their is no end to what needs to be cleaned up. Should be a rather productive day for me. TOM is screwing with me, as now it seems he is gone..but that would be too good to be true..eh? I don't know what's going on. At any rate, looking forward to starting our new thread and getting back into the swing for September. FSA..I did not maintain a 1000 calorie deficit, so it shouldn't be highlighted in red. But thanks again for keeping up with everything. Well it's early and I have to get moving. Pretty much have to start getting up at delphi 0' clock again, if I want to get things done without interruption. Not to mention the fear from the wrath of my two yr. old, if I dare borrow the big TV to do exercise. So you ladies have a great day. See you all in the September thread.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:30 AM   #290  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

No time for personals as i got to see mom yesterday and she is doing GREAT!!! Can't believe she has had only about a week of rehab and the progress she has made!!! I'm so proud of her.

Going to do some pilates here at her house and then off to the rehab center to pick her up and bring her home!!!!

Yeah Mom!!!!

Hope EVERYONE is doing great!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #291  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Joci that is great she is doing so well! Oh and I love your new avatar picture. Looking great kiddo!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I can't believe August is at an end!
The scale this morning- 144.4!
I'll feel better when its been around for while- but I'll take it. That makes my goal for August!! WooHoo!
Now, what about September??? Time to get more consistent with the exercise. You gals always impress me that way!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #293  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, chickies.

FSA ~Sandye says I need to post my losses so here goes: Started July 1st, lost 7.6 in July, lost a whopping 2.2 in August. I am pretending that today is September 1st, and I am raring to go. Waaay too many things happened in August and I am saying adios!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning girlies!!!!

Tummy~ thanks for the recipe! I think I spotted that cookbook at Target yesterday, but when I thumbed through it I didn't spot any actual recipes so I'll have to check it out again when I have more time to really look it over. Thanks for the info on the P90X too! I was not looking forward to having to buy a whole bunch of stuff to be able to use the program and I'm glad to hear I won't need all that much. I have some resistance bands, but they're pretty cheap, but I'm sure they'd be okay to start off with, I also have a mat as well, so with everything else I'd say I'm set. Just have to get the okay from hubby--I'm feeling a bit guilty because I've yet to use the EA Active...Anyway, thanks again! Congrats on the loss yesterday too! Woo hoo! I know exactly what you mean, TOM's a jerk, but he can be a good guy when it comes to the scale sometimes.

dcapulet~ You did a fantastic job this month girlie!!! You should be so proud of yourself! I bet part of the reason you didn't lose more is because you gained some muscle hun! Did you happen to take your measurements at the beginning of the month? I'd be curious to see how many inches you lost! WTG on a great month!!!

Mystical~ Glad to hear you're feeling better hun! Time does fly doesn't it? I wish I could still look like I'm in my 20's when I turn 40! Heck, I'm 37 and look every year of it, so I'd take looking like I'm in my 20's right now! As far as the exercise routine, here's what I do: I tackle my HIIT/C25K first thing in the morning before breakfast. On my HIIT days I have ST'ing with free weights and I usually try to tackle that as soon as I get my HIIT in. Sometimes it ends up taking me forever though because of the kiddos. But, no matter how long it takes, I get it in before breakfast so that don't have to try to squeeze it in later. I have worked out at night, but I found that for me, it was tough to wind down after working out and showering because I had more energy after exercising and couldn't go to sleep. However, it is a great way to end the day that's for sure! FSA had some great advice too! When I started out I didn't do anything extra on my ST'ing days. I did HIIT 3 days a week and ST'ing 3 days and always in the morning before breakfast. Try out a routine for a week and see how it goes, maybe Sept can be your month to find your ideal routine!

FSA~ Hope you had a great weekend hun and I'm glad to hear you got some sunshine in yesterday! I can't wait to hear how much the group lost this month! Thanks for tallying it all up for us!!

Ruth~ glad to hear you had a good day yesterday! I bet today's going to be a blur with school starting up! We'll catch ya on the Sept thread--have you figured out your goals yet?

MsP~ you're a stronger soul than I! I'd be going bananas without my scale! You're awesome! Hope your mom's scale is kind to you and I'm looking forward to another great month with you!!!

Delphi~ Oh honey, you're singin' my song! We got nothing done this weekend and here I am, yet again, with a list of stuff to do! Sigh...hubby was down in the dumps yesterday so that's part of why we didn't do anything. I think he's a bit stressed and maybe feeling a little like he really should be joining me in exercising and eating better--but he's not wanting to so he's conflicted. We'll see how that works out. I'm all for getting in the workout without interruption! I'm thinking I need to be getting out of bed even earlier--5:30 isn't cuttin' it. I end up taking 15-20 mins to get myself downstairs and before I know it, the boys need to get up and I still haven't done my ST'ing! And we all know how grumpy I get when I can't get my ST'ing in without interruption! Hope you have a great day chickie!!

Jacque~ glad to hear your mom is doing so well!! Hope you're enjoying your vacation! Catch ya over on the Sept thread!

Pucedaisy~ Congrats on making your goal!!!! As for the exercise, like I said on the Sept exercise thread--check that board often! Even if you don't post, just seeing everyone's minutes and workouts logged in is SO motivating!!!!

Mom~ Hee hee, you're ratting me out aren't you? Making me sound like a meanie. But you failed to mention your NSV!!! Speaking of which, did you take your measurements this morning? Hope your pinkie is feeling better! Have a great mock First Day of September!!!

Okay ladies--it's here! The Last Day of August!!! We had another great month of laughing and cheering each other on! We saw some huge losses, goals accomplished and new programs started!! I'm so very proud of each and every one of you ladies and thank you all for your continued support and encouragement not to mention the inspiration you've all provided with your will power and determination!!!

I'm ending the month at 143 flat! I went to tally up my loss for the month and found that I actually started the month at 150.2 not 151 d'oh! So, I'm down a total of 7.2 this month.

I MET all of my goals this month--I not only tried new recipes, I tried new foods! Eggplant, it turns out, isn't the vile disgusting thing I thought it would be! It was pretty darn good grilled on the bbq! I am loving calorie cycling and I've started using olive oil in my cooking instead of non-stick spray (although I am still using that as well). Fruits and veggies are not a permanent fixture in my diet so I consider that a victory as well.

So, all in all, a great month despite my stall out in the beginning. I look forward to another wonderful month with you ladies and all the newbies as well!

Now get out there and have yourself a fantastic day girls and of course, be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 AM   #295  

Height: 6'1

So I didn't meet my August goal, but I did lose 7 lbs this month. Yay for that! I will take it.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning ladies,

Ruth - Hope you got that treadmill workout in and have fun with your busy day today.

MsP - I know how you feel I got like that at the end of my vacation too, felt a little disconnected from myself with no routine to tie me down. Hope your scale adventures go well today, so close to that 149!

Delphi - Wow that's early posting my dear I will never know how you do that. WTG on your goals as always and have fun cleaning up! It's odd my three year old thinks she owns the TV too (not to mention her parents and every toy in the world) and I swear she's never had a job before to earn that kind of money, go figure.

Jacque - So glad to hear mom's on the mend, you seem to come from a long line of determined woman

Pucedaisy - Congrats on making goal, that's awesome and maybe join us over on the other thread for some nice exercise goals?! We'd love to have you.

LTTG - So glad you're back, and glad you're ready for September and 2.2 is better than gaining and better than maintaining

CMo4 - I did that too, there's actually two books, one is the "diet" book called "the eat clean diet" and the cookbook is called "the eat clean diet cookbook" there is also a family cookbook with kid friendly recipes although I didn't flip through that one. The cook book I bought was sold out everywhere I went looking for it and I finally found it in Nova Scotia at a little ma and pa book store. My bands weren't much either but you just need a place to hang them where you can pull down on them, like a rafter in the basement or something like that but if they're lighter ones you can just back up really far and it works great. I was really surprised at the workout I got doing that instead of the real pull ups (although I'm going do those one day too dang it!) Oh I tried chinease eggplant the other day, gilled on the BBQ and I liked it a million times better than regular, thought I'd share Congrats on that amazing loss and for sticking it out.

One tends to get all retrospective on the last day, awww, but this month was pretty great, a lot of new comers stuck around right to the end and are already in for next month which is great. It's so nice to see all the accomplishments hard working determined ladies achieve. And some days when chips seem like they are calling my name it's this board that makes them shut up and that's so invaluable to me.

This month, with another 0.4lb loss this morning, makes 10lbs, I aimed for 8lbs hoping that I would have something to stive for but in the back of my mind I was happy with 6lbs. I should have known better than to shoot low, we only ever get what we expect so it's a good thing halfway through the month I expected more. Next month holds some sentimental moments for me so I might be a bit mushy and weepy here and there. When I hit 167 next month I'm gonna have a wee crying jag before beginning my day, I have no idea what lower than that looks like, no clothes smaller than that but oddly enough I'm a million times in better shape than last time I weighed that. Not to mention I ate a heck of a lot better to get here than I did last time too. So cheers to August and all you lovely ladies

Now I need to go get me a ticker with some decimal points...
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #297  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Hi girls, big congratulations for those that lost weight. reached their goal, or maintained their weight, or simply worked hard at getting healthy during august!

My goal was to lose 8lbs, i did not meet the target, but i lost 6lbs

starting weight was 174 lbs
current weight is 168 lbs.

Thanks everyone!!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #298  

My goal for August was to lose 3-5 lbs and I ended up losing 4lbs so I'm happy with that. That seems to be what I've lost for the past three months so I guess I'll stick with that for September too. I really want to shoot for 6lbs. I think adding strength training back in may help me to get there.
I did upper body weights on Saturday night and I started feeling the results last night, but its a good feeling and while I didn't lose any more weight since Saturday, when I got up this morning I noticed I'm definitely looking trimmer.

I didn't get the treadmill workout in last night, I was just too pooped, it had been a looooong day. But I did get on the stationary bike for a few minutes.

Jacque Glad to hear your mom is doing great!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies, I had a terrible night last night. I could not fall asleep my mind was just racing all night long. I finally fell asleep about 5 am this morning. So needless to say I did not get up early and do HIIT... So I decided my first day back to a routine would be a little off.... I am going to do HIIT around 1 today and see how I feel, I just might get a resistant band workout in... Does anyone have a good routine using resistance bands.. My DH got me a good set from the gym equipment store. He paid allot of money for them so I don't want to let them just sit there and collect dust LOL... Any ideas would be great. Hope you all have a fantastic day... Thanks for the awesome support...
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #300  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm rushing through right now to get posting here and on the Sept threads (I finally nailed down my Sept goals). I have that my start weight this month was 156 and I believe I did make goal of 149.8 (and not an ounce less). I did not make the vitamin goal, though. Oh well, we'll keep working on that one! Not having a scale is totally messing with me. I now know I NEED the scale to help me focus. My mil's new (old fashioned) dial scale showed me right at 150 this morning....I can't for the life of me figure out why they bought another dial scale when their last one sucked, but anyway....I am not making progress. Just moving up .2 and down .2 for the last week or so. Not cool. I'll take it in stride though, just part of the process. I'm gonna take measurements and hope that shows more progress. Later gals!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote