Old 08-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Default I need help :cry:

Hello ladies, sorry to be missing in action. I have no excuses but that I have been so down.. Things have been crzy here at home with my step-son. We have had a few issues with him, and guess what I went back into that old routine of eating all the wrong foods and not exercising. I almost gave up on me again... I can't believe how stupid I have been again, and againg I keep doing this... I think I am crazy sometimes LOL... I had stepped on the scale this morning and I guess it wasn't too bad considering my choices. I weigh 215.6 not bad but I have let myself down again...Will not be able to meet my goal this month. I am hoping next month will be much better... I was hoping to be under the 200's by birthday but noway that will happen now. I will just have to pick myself back up and start again... Another start over... when will I ever get my head on straight....

Ok now sorry for the pitty party but I know you all would understand, I don't have anyone to share this life cycle with.. Thnks for listening. Hope you all are having a great day. I am going to do my best to get on here every morning so I can stay motivated you ladies are all terrific... I need your help please.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #227  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

mystical-I'm sorry to hear life's stress has got you down, but try not to get down on yourself. You're stopping the negative spiral now before it gets out of control, so good for you! You have spared yourself the extra stress of more weight and food that does you body no good. Try not to think of what you DIDN'T do this month, but think of what you DID do. You made progress toward healthier habits, you've lost some weight, made some great online pals , you caught yourself in a negative place and turned it around.....LOTS to be proud of!

I got on Wii Fit this morning for an unofficial weigh-in and it looks like either no progress or minor progress there. No worries, though. I've been OP and feel good, so I know I'm good to go. I took it a little easy on my run today since I finally got ahold of someone to register for that local 5K race Saturday. I am doing a mini pre-race taper (ease up on your exercise to rest yourself for the race). I'm so glad it's gonna work out to do that race.
Tonight is WW weigh-in so that'll give me an idea of what my morning weight would be. I think I'm gonna try going without a normal scale and see if I can NOT go nuts. LOL I am a weighing fanatic, so we'll see.
In other news, we may have to put my son's cat down. He got caught in a gopher trap and is not doing well. It's hard to know what to do.
I gotta hop off here and get some stuff done. You ladies have a great day!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Mystical -- Sorry to hear that you are having problems! The positive side of all of this though is that you are back on the wagon and are not giving up! You can do this!

Shasha--At least you're living with your bf and talking about it! I'm sure you'll get there eventually. Besides, look how many people get married young and then divorce! I was engaged to my high school sweetheart and we never took the actual leap though. I think I knew he wasn't the one, so I prolonged it. Then got engaged to Cliff about 3 yrs ago, and we actually had the whole wedding planned, until I got pregnant like 2 days after the engagement. We decided to wait because we wanted to go backpacking through Europe for the honeymoon, and also because I gained so much weight during the pregnancy I didn't want my wedding photos to be of this new bloated person. We had agreed upon next summer until everything happened. Now I am in the same boat as you wondering if I am ever going to get married!

Well, I ate some tofu dogs 2 days ago, and sure enough the scale was up yesterday. I really believe now that was my problem with hardly losing any weight for a few weeks and having so many days with gains. So yesterday I didn't eat any tofu products, and sure enough the scale was down again! I have to lose less than a pound to be in the 260s and meet my goal! I won't make my goal of fitting into those small size 20 pants I have, but I knew it was a long shot. They are so small they almost fit like an 18. I can at least get them on and buttoned though! I couldn't do that at the beginning of August, so that says something.

As many of you know I am dealing with a PTSD domestic violence situation. I left the fiancee last month and moved into a temp little cottage with our 2 yr old daughter. Well, just found out a few days ago I had gotten a job 1 hr away that starts on Monday, and then finally found a place to move into there. I will be spending this weekend moving a few things down we'll need for the week, and then will be back next weekend ( I have this cottage rented for another month so don't have to try and move everything all at once). Anyways, there isn't internet at the new house yet, so I probably won't be online much until the Sept challenge. I am hoping to weigh in under 270 tomorrow so I can officially say I've reached my goal and then I probably won't be online for a bit, or if I do get on, it will be short and sweet. So, I hope everyone is able to get to their goals and you all have a good end of your month in the meantime!
On the bright side of all of this, I went shopping yesterday for new work clothes (all I own now since I have been a stay at home mom for the past 2 years is jeans and flip flops, lol) and I fit into a bunch of pairs of size 20s! I still need 22 in some brands, but was so excited to see the ones I did fit in! Also bought high heels for the first time in over 3 years since i got preggers which will be interesting! Hoping I don't trip and break my ankle.......

Last edited by jessicado22; 08-27-2009 at 01:21 PM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #229  

Height: 6'1

jessicado- I'm so so sorry about your situation. I'm glad that you had the courage to move out for you and your daughter's safety. I know it sounds so trivial to put this in the same paragraph, but congrats on the smaller sizes. Losing weight with all you are going through is amazing. You are an inspiration.

Delphi- Yes very true. I don't want to rush and be forceful. The rational part of my brain knows that I'm being stupid and I agree with all the advice people give me about taking it slow. When I get in my hormonal moods, I feel like an outsider looking upon myself while I throw myself a pity party. Then later I feel so stupid for feeling the way I do.

Well, I'm feeling a lot better now thanks to you ladies, my other friends and the bf just called and said some really cute things to me. I'm going to eat a big ol chicken salad for lunch (light on the dressing). I'm very excited for the training session today. I will give it my all, even if it kills me.

Last edited by shasha17a; 08-27-2009 at 01:44 PM.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #230  
Back at it...again!

jessica-You've got a lot going on there, too! My goodness, you're handling all that transition really well to be making weight loss preogress through it all! Excellent job! We'll miss you while you're without internet, but know that we're there with ya in spirit! Best of luck getting settled and take good care of yourself!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello Ladies!! Just a quick pass through to say hello and to say I have met my August goal!! To get below 185!! Got on the scale today and it was 184!!!!!

See everyone tomorrow!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #232  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

hotsplashes ~ on meeting your goal. Great job!

shasha ~ Good to hear you are feeling better about the whole thing. You know sometimes it just helps to get things off your chest..

jessica ~ Holy smokes batman, you are dealing with a whole heap of issues. I've been there, so I can relate with the domestic situation as well. Sending you plenty of and we will miss you while your gone.

msP
~ Well that's great news that you finally got a hold of someone and horrible news about the cat. The poor thing. I think the Wii fit is finicky if you ask me. I just don't trust it..but then again..I think it's the Mii's I don't trust. They are shady and always giving me the evil eye.

mystical ~ Hey girly, you go right ahead and let it out. That's what we are here for...Lord knows, I've had my fair share of rants over the months. Sending you plenty of 's darling. Always remember to keep your chin up darling.

Tummy ~ Well sweet, that puts us all on schedule with one another...that's groovy. Although, I knew it was a matter of time before it happened..ya know..ESP and all.

As for me, the day has progressed nicely. Got my workouts in and a little over an hour of rocking out with Rock Band and just finished up with a shower...so I'm all fresh and clean...feeling' groovy, minus the cramps. At any rate, glad the weekend is upon us...time for being lazy and watching horrible movies. You ladies have a great evening.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #233  

Hey girls TGIF tomorrow, wooooo hooo! lol

Hot splashes..........congratulationssss on having met goal! :chee r2: that's great!

Lewissssssssssss, I like watermelon even better! Yummy! I am glad the hummers are still stopping by.........I didn't take any pics either. They feed quickly so you have to catch them at the right moment. I'll prob have them a little longer but they will be heading south....west soon. I don't blame them! lol. I hear you on the weather girl, I am not ready to let go of summer either. The mere thought of winter and the cold and snow here makes me shudder! It was absolutely gorgeous today, sunny and mild, but without all of the humidity. While DH is away, I will have my mom over to sun one day (hopefully the weather is away) and perhaps go for a visit as I want to see my dad too.........maybe I can hook up with them for lunch one day as well. It will be a short trip for DH this time around as he is leaving on Monday and will be back friday at noon. He has monday off as it is labor day weekend. wow! Hope you had an awesome day ..glad your here

Sasha, I'm so glad your feeling better today. I went out with my DH for 6 years (4 years and then 2 engaged). Nothing wrong with taking your time, when the time is right it will happen. Oh they did the same thing to us, when you go out that long...everyone says "when are you two getting married" and then the minute your married they start "when are you having kids?" lolol good ole societal pressure... Regarding your personal training, I so admire you for doing that. I can imagine how maybe it might of felt awkward for me too at first but oh how cool it is that you went for it and are doing it! THat is very inspiring.......wtg girl! and keep us posted.

Tummygirl...........it's so nice to have you back! Congratulationssssssssss on dropping 3 lbs. while on vaca. for 2 weeks! :ch eer: OMG you! I would be so so proud! Oh yesssssss! That really rocks girl....your amazing. You mentioned a while back on watching the portion size and what a good reminder and.....you went out to eat all those times and I bet with wise choices and small portions (which takes willpower) it kept you from gaining and even enabled you to lose weight . I think you did terrific with your exercise while on vaca. too! Congratulations yet again . Ohhhhh, we had a lousy weekend during hurricane bill but nothing like you got hit over there. I was watching the news and saw it was headed right for Nova Scotia and thought of you!!!!!!! I was releived to see it would be a 1 level by that point. We got quite the surf here and they closed the beach. Speaking of the humidity, oh **** yeah! As all I did for exercise was swim (no complaints ..I see a big diff. in my bod already) but it was way too humid (for me anyways) to go walking on land. HOpe you feel okay with TOM and all. hugs

Delphi, hi there chicky! Glad TOM finally came for you and you can get it over with for our fresh month. HOpe your feeling better. Good luck with the movies tonight, maybe you can find something good. hugs....have a good night's rest and feel better.

posting in fear of losing post, brb
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #234  

mystical.........MsP said it all in a nutshell, please re-read what she said and make sure to remind yourself of that and often (as do I) as it serves to aid us in our plight! It's good to see you girl and bravo for coming back ...that's what it's all about! So let's keep on fighting! We still have a few days left to our month and it's a good time to plan our schedules, meal ideas, and stock up, clean the junk out, etc. etc. OH mystical, I have started over countless times but that's okay.....it's all about not giving up. You go girl and in MsP's words......"LOTS TO BE PROUD OF"

speaking of which! lol Hi there Msperception! I am so excited for you for your run Saturday! I agree about watching out not to let the scale drive you nuts, you have been consistennnnnt...extremely consistent with your losses.......just keep doing what your doing jess. A fluctuation here and there is the norm....you always have a loss at the end! Kick some major butt on Saturday girl! Ohhhhhh, oh im sorry about the kitty. THose decisions are never easy...as I'm sure you know. See what the doc says, what's required, how the outcome will be, etc. etc. I wish you much luck and though those types of decisions can be emotionally heart wrenching, I know you will come to a decision that is right for the kittykat and you all. Hugsssssssssss chicky.

Jessica.........wow! congrats on getting so close to your goal and on the pants and all. You sound very busy indeed! Hope your weekend goes well and we look forward to your news upon your return.

well, kitchen run and DH check run! lol. Im okay here.....planwise going good.......under the weather again most of the day though I do have windows where im better. Im ok tonight so I will see how it goes in the next day or two and determine what to do from there. I'm sure it was just a bio clock mess up type thing.............catch up with you soon girls. Big hugss.. wishing you all a fab night. New thread most likely tonight or tomorrow!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #235  

Our August members thus far... We have a sister thread titled "August Exercise Challenge" for those of you who would like to join us over there as well. Girls, please be sure and tell me when you meet goal and also let me know if I miss or overlook something , thanks

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!! try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
Darby1: lose 6lbs. to get under 190--MET GOAL!! Lose another 3 lbs. to get to 186.5. ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
Miss Mallee: lose 5lbs--MET GOAL!! eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose 7lbs. to get to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 177.
bbee: Lose 6 lbs.
Aclai4067: By Aug. 7- no longer morbidly obese--MET GOAL!! By Aug. 13- reach 10% target--MET GOAL!! No candy through Aug.21 (started July 21)--MET GOAL!! Down to 255 by Aug. 31.
princess2323: start exercising again, workout 1 hr. a day, get eating in order, + get into the 140's.
iamren: lose 9lbs.
Shrinking Girl: lose 6lbs, goal weight for end of August is 217.5--MET GOAL!!
Sunny Gee: lose 5.5 lbs. to get to 157.5
Jacque9999: see 125 sometimes in August--MET GOAL!! try new foods...health foods! + tone more and lose more belly fat.
susie martin: lose 10lbs. and do a daily chick check in.
ladyfyre: lose 11lbs, take my lunch to work...no more fast food, get to the gym 3x/wk, at least a 1/2 hr. of daily exercise and never be rushed in the morning.
loriehohlf: no post weight in off plan eating, track what I eat, continue with my activity and keep losing.
HeatherEljohari: goal weight of 169.8, 3x/wk at the gym...60+mins. a pop. 40 15 lb. weights, + 40 sit-ups.
KEmery08: venture into the 150's + get involved in some sort of ex. class.
lookingtobehealthy: goal weight of 225.
nellonello: get into onderland.
khunter: lose 7lbs. to get to 145.
Mystical: lose 6-8lbs.
BKKchick: lose approx. 5 lbs. to get to goal weight of 114.5
gillychicks115: lose 5lbs, keep it off, + start strength training more.
rcrough: drink 2.5 liters of water/day, stay OP, + no mindless snacking.
mars540: lose 10lbs., fit a size 8 by Sep.1, + no excuses.
shasha17a: lose 8 lbs.
naz: lose 10lbs.
75togo: lose 8lbs. + ex. 45 min. 4x/wk.
Phenomenal Woman: lose 6 lbs. + ex. somehow everyday.
sotypical: Lose some weight.
Ja23: Lose some pounds.
Jeannep:
smileydd: to go from 251
echo: lose 8lbs.
glutio: lose 5-10 lbs.
jessicado22: get into the 260's. Fit into small size 20 pants.
twilightfan: Lose 10 lbs.
Lisan1128: lose 5lbs.+ exercise 4-5x/wk.
Hotsplashes: get out of the 180's--MET GOAL!!
MrsVegan00: lose 7-10 lbs., keep up running with DH, stay on fiber and cut out junk food like chips, and drink lots of water.
holamamacita: be 195 lbs.
smileydd:
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #236  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

Everyone is doing so excellent!... Ive seen quite a few goals reached. I am currently still out of work due to back injury. Will be definitely for another 2 weeks. Going to start physical therapy on Monday. My back is feeling a little better so hopefully will be on excerise grove soon! But august is almost over. Sigh. I guess just another month of weight loss heheh
HeatherEljohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #237  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies!!

I missed you all! It's so good to be back! I've had horrible technology problems this past week or so. I was so busy before, helping my friends and celebrating just to run into computer and cell phone problems. They were all a few weeks coming and then all of a sudden my two major technology sources went buh bye. It was quite....boring yet relaxing? But anyway, now my new hard drive is making my computer go lightening fast and my new cell phone (complete with a sliding keyboard 2 ways) is beautiful!

Can you tell I've been deprived?

Anyway, the technology issues came at such a great time, my on-ish off-ish cold has made me sleep the days away. Needless to say add on the snack time when I wake up. So, I fear for weighing myself since when I went to the doc's for a routine shot I wieghed 219 by their scale. Which I figured my home scale was 5 pound off from theirs. This time I checked my weighed before and after. I'm going to stay with at least the 5 pound weight loss this month and officially give my weight for September on Monday, (I have a check up Monday,) that way I can at least set a good goal to get back on track. I just fear getting on the scale. Good News? I know that I will loose and love the food cooking by the "Cook yourself Thin" recipes. They are amazing and there is slight calorie counting, but nothing major.

May be I sound too cheery about everything, but that's probably because I'm not only back, but I have all my technology back. I will have to take it easy on the work outs. I have the same bug that I had a few months ago. I felt a little head cold, then great, then that morning that I felt great I nearly blacked out because of the bug! Happened this morning, so I'm stuck to using those darn motion sickness pills that make you pass out. At least my body will be refreshed for September?

Anywho,

Night Ladies, Sweet Dreams!
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #238  
Back at it...again!

Quick check-in tonight to say I was down a bit at WW. Enough so that I must have reached my August goal this morning based on my normal "morning to WW" comparison...I told you all I'm a weighing freak! I won't say officially yet. I'll try to get on a reliable scale before the month ends, but I'm happy with where I'm at.

FSA~You sweetheart! Always so encouraging. I just love ya, woman! Sounds like you've got a nice plan with the paernts while DH is away. I'm so glad for you getting all the swimming in this summer, esp. since you're seeing results from it. I hope to start swimming in the winter (indoors obviously), but it all depends on when we can build our house.

Molly~Sorry to hear that nasty bug is bothering you again! Sweet deal getting nicer tech stuff. I can't wait 'til I can get some of that stuff. I am a little in the dark ages here, but I'm okay with that for now. It meets my needs!

Heather~Take good care of that back! Maybe you'll be able to do more in Sept., but don't overdo it. It's awesome that you're still losing weight with that kind of trouble!

Okay maybe this wasn't as quick as I thought, but wanted to give a shout to the newest posts! Take care all and sleep well (especially you, Ruth....go to bed! LOL).
Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Sandye - Hope you had a marvelous day being all productive and such, and you are a productive member of this society every day hun so those other people can just get in line.

Mystical - I think the most valuable thing we can give ourselves is forgiveness, to have made that bad choice and move on, granted so much easier said than done but it takes practice. And we seem to all have done it because we haven't leant all we need to yet, like quitting smoking, you do it time and time again, learning new things each time until you finally do it. I think this is the same, learn the lesson, plan to avoid in future and step forward. We're here when you need us and check in often, it is my sanity too.

MsP - No scale, omg, why?!? But you have the wiifit so at least you can check. I'd be stopping at one of those road side truck scales just to check if mine was taken away. I hope the cats ok or at least decided upon, it's just so horrible to watch them suffer like that.

Jessicado - Congrats on almost being at goal, that's awesome, and I've read that about the tofu as well, nice to figure it out too, sure beats beating your head against the wall for sure! Yeha for the new clothes, it sure brings that self esteem through the roof to look like a million. And new heels, bravo, I'm a huge advocate of nice shoes and heels and especially red ones. enjoy!

Shasha - That trainer sounds like a great deal of fun and well worth the money! Had to laugh about the bf and lack o' wedding, I've been there too and you know it sucks, it just does, plain and simple but great attitude with it.

Hotsplashes - Congrats! And with days to spare, way to go!

Delphi - All I can say is that's it a good thing we're all spread out over the continent or wow you'd be able to hear a dull roar around PMS time. How have the boys been enjoying school? And a big on that 50lb milestone hun, that's entirely fabulousness.

FSA - Wow, you really had me there with the "glad the hummers are still stopping by" I was really thinking I missed something there, lol. It definitely was the hardest two weeks so far, it's not so bad when I go out of dinner once in awhile and I kind of save up my willpower and it's a breeze but to have to make challenging choices meal after meal, day after day, it's really easy to start to feel sorry for yourself and all that jazz so I think I came home right in time. We too had some nice days by the pool and it was a god send, my inlaws don't have air conditioning and sleeping was evil, I don't know how you guys do it, I plain stunk for two weeks it was nasty. And feel better

HeatherEljhari - I hope the PT helps that back out, it's so frustrating when you can't move around like you want. Take care of yourself and you'll be grooving in no time.

MissMallee - That's rough, all contact with outside world removed in one moment, it's funny how we never used to have any of it and now, good heavens. Hopefully it'll be good news on Monday sometimes those colds can slim ya right down too, nothing like a fever to drop some pounds

Well off to bed for this tired gal, it is 1am in Nova Scotia. And I have a date with some running shoes at 6am, I'm so looking forward to running in cool, dry air I can't even tell ya. Got the menu planned for tomorrow but just didn't have the energy to plan the whole week, I guess that's tomorrows fun.

Four days left, let's see how much red we can get up there. TTFN
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 AM   #240  

Well today was good calorie wise but I think it was kinda high on carbs, was too busy to make a decent supper so we had ramen noodles, with greens, a few shrimp (frozen precooked), and a boiled egg. Just something thrown together but it hit the spot. I almost didn't get any exercise in today but I managed to get on the treadmill around 11pm, I only did 23 minutes because I still had some other stuff to get done but I did a higher intensity than I usually do.
hehe...MsP I just read your post but unfortunately I read it too late, its 4:30am... I did it again! grrrr! I'm going to bed right now!
Good night ladies
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote