Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #226  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Vicky - Ok, had to comment on Mr. Hott - That is what I need.......lol.....I mean for a good workout......lol.........I mean trainer....in the gym. Yes, I think I could do cardio and weight training with a Mr. Hott! You go girl. Get your monies worth!

Dance - Haven't seen those fiber chews or gum....where do you get them? I am so proud of you doing 5 miles....that is totally awesome. I know you will lose this week!

BacktoBasics - Thank you for the well wishes. Today was another tough one, but we can only try to go forward and not let us get depressed - been there done that. Thanks again.

Today was OK with food, but not great. I think my calories ended up around 1500. No workout, just too emotionally drained for that. I pray tomorrow I can do more. I need get out early and put in a couple of more resumes. I wish, I wish we were in a bit city now - the job market is so much better than in "poor little Deland." lol.....
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Lindy- I had a bed food day too. It wouldn't be that bad if I were counting calories today but because of the cleanse... bad.

Dancer- I have always been a strong supporter of extra fiber. It is so good for you.

Vicky- I def want you to share your stud... I mean trainer. I need one of those to motivate me.

Basics- Great job with lunch! I wish I could stop myself like that. I can't even start!

Sandy- I really do feel for you. I have been looking for work in a "bigger" city for a year with a pretty nice resume. I really hope you find something soon!! NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK!!

Goodnight pretty girls. I am off to bed after having a great day shopping with my other half best friend. I had a great day that ended with a footlong subway sub in my tummy. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day and it wasn't that bad i guess. **Hugsss and wishes for a good day tomorrow**
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #228  
Sandy....

I'm up and it's quiet in here ;-)

AJ - How's the cleanse? Not to good with eating subs......lol. When my husband did it, it worked but he had many days with an upset stomach, and also had flu-like symptoms....lethargic, body aches.... The only thing missing was a fever. After 7 to 10 days though, he did feel much better and was down approximately 5-6 lbs. I have never done one, and after watching him........I don't think I am up for it......LOL......

Well, it's sounds like you have been looking for a job longer than me. It's just different now. When I lived in Orlando I could find a job quick, like in a couple of days. I also remember the days when two law firms were bidding for me........ahhhhh, that was then and this is now. It's crazy and I thought maybe it was tougher because this town is just so small, and I am older. I am up for doing anything to bring money in.......well, not anything......lol. I wish you the best and eat healthy today!

Well, I was up early 6:30am to be exact - haven't done that in a long time.....reminds me of when I was raising children and having to be to work by 7:45! I did weigh today - just curious and I was down....Woo Hoo! I was actually 3.6 lbs less......gosh I hope it says that on Sunday! That would be awesome. Anyway, getting in the shower to put those resumes out.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 08-26-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

mygrits - 3.6lbs! That's great - good for you! And up early too! Did you manage to sneak in any exercise? The chewable fiber tablets are Fiber Choice brand and are in the grocery store by the other fiber products like metamucil and stuff. Let me know if you decide to give them a try.

aj - so a partial cleanse is still good, right? You're just taking short breaks from it - that's all : )

back2basics - sounds like you are planning for success - way to go!

maddiesmom - love the 'mr hott, the trainer' story - sounds like something out of a sitcom! : )

You guys doing strength training impress me so much - I'm such a wimp about that stuff - I'm having a hard time making myself do the occasional (and I do mean occasional) pushup even though I had intended to make that a daily routine. How do you guys make yourselves do it? I could use a push!

Did okay but just barely foodwise - ended up eating some dove dark chocolates for a total of 1700 cal for the day, partially offset by running. Hoping to be more disciplined today although am not planning on any exercise as I'm still whupped from yesterday : ) What's everyone else got planned for today?

Last edited by dancerindenver; 08-26-2009 at 12:14 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #230  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Wow, slow board today. So, this morning I am still sore from Mr. Hott - what can ya do? My legs are super stiff and my abs are so sore that it hurts to cough or sneeze. Kinda comical if you think about it.

Well, today I turned down pizza! The department ordered it for lunch, but instead I had a chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun and some minestrone soup.

Dance: Well, what gets me to going to the strength training is actually just getting a trainer. Missy really pushed me and now Mr. Hott does, and it does get easier. I read somewhere that if you do lift weights, your body continues to burn calories long after you stop lifting. Plus, the results (losing inches) has really been a good incentive. I think what held me back before was not knowing how to use the machines, or looking like a dork trying to figure them out. Since the trainer shows you how to do this, and how to properly use the equipment - it's easy.

Well, I'll check back later. Have a great afternoon. I'm starting to get a sore throat, so fingers crossed that I'm not getting sick.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #231  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies!

Thanks for the great advice, support and push. I ended up having an ok day yesterday, left work around 7 and was asleep by 8. I woke up at 1 with a ton of things on my mind so I wrote them all down and then fell back asleep. For eating I did fairly well - I had a shake and banana, grilled chicken and veggies, a small bag of chips (the 100 calorie ones), a few hershey hugs (I needed hugs and although it's only my butt that really benefitted it made me smile and I didn't eat the whole bag), and then cereal. The idea of leaving the frozen healthy choices is a great idea, I don't have a freezer or fridge on venue but I can do that after. It's right next to a Costco so I can go over and get yummy salads and chicken.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone...it really helps having the support and people understanding. Will be back later after my meetings end at 530.

I really appreciate all of you!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #232  

maddiesmom - hope you can ward off the cold - maybe a bunch of vitamin c and chicken soup would help? I really admire your commitment to the gym workouts - that might be step 2 for me, once I get rid of most of the extra weight or something.

staccie - glad you left work yesterday at a more reasonable time! And how handy having a costco right there. Ok - no fridge or freezer - hmmm.... I keep a couple of cans of progresso light soup in my desk for the days that I either forget to bring lunch or can't get out to grab something - would that work at all? If there's no microwave either, that's tough. I'm addicted to kashi TLC peanut peanut butter bars but they may not be to your taste. Hope the rest of the day isn't too long!

Doing okay foodwise so far but a little concerned about dinner tonight - I'm going out with some girls from work (unless we need to reschedule) and we're going to a thin-crust pizza place. I'm hoping to get a salad and have a slice of pizza but we'll see.

Kind of quiet out there today - hope everyone is doing well! I'm down another pound today so two more until I'm in the 160s - am going to do my best to get there ASAP!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #233  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Staccie: Another option for the frozen meals (if you have a microwave on sight)...I keep one of those "blue" freezer packs in an insulated lunch bag and it stays frozen until lunchtime. If not, Costco salads sounds like a good alternative.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #234  

Lindy - Girl, where are you? Did you have your date last night or is that tonight? Hope works not too crazy and that everything's alright :
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #235  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey girls-

Sorry...yes, today WAS my date day and it was supposed to be tonight to but we ended it early...grrr...so just guess how that went? Im not going to get into the details but me and Mr. Sweet 16 hit a road block. Of course...but of course...he couldnt be THAT perfect. Anyway...we will see what happens in the next few days bc I asked him to leave. So...anyway...I wish I could say that yesterday got better but it didnt, I ate...and ate...and ate...nothing TOO unhealthy but still, nothing Im proud of. Today was better...Um, egg whites...fruit...garden salad with grilled chicken...protein bar, 2 of them actually...and a small handful of cheese nips (I couldnt resist).

Maddiesmom - I am so envious of you and your trainer. The stair climber is killer! I got away from doing it but started this week and it never seems to fail me everytime...I hate it, but love it, lol.

Mygrits - I know its not exactly economical but for the time being, is there a possibility that either one of you can look for work in Orlando? The commute would suck for sure but maybe that would be a good quick fix? Idk...just trying to think of some ideas.

Dance - wow, your program is just melting those pounds off of you...your soooo close. I cant wait to do a happy dance for you. I will be happy when Im under 180, 170 would put me at my lowest since 3 years ago...so...close, just not close enough. Good luck!

Ok...Im gonna go rest. I did 10 minutes on the treadmill, 15 on the stair climber and then took a 40 minute spinning class...so Im am whooped!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Hey girls. I'm doing great with my diet. I went to lunch and a movie with my dad today. We stopped at panera bread and I got veggie soup and an apple. I was full afterward. I just looked at the panera website and it was only 120 calories. Thats crazy. I may make this a weekly habit. It was really good.

I hate when I get this close to being under 200. I get so anxious. I just gotta stay with it. I have to reach my 199 goal so I can pamper myself. I would love to be 185-190 by the time hubby gets done with basic. He graduates October 22nd. I have 56 days to get it done!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #237  

Neesy - you are cranking! You can totally meet your goal - 2lbs a week is doable if you're super disciplined and it sounds like you are. Nicely done at lunch - soup can really help with the calorie count for the day, can't it? Keep up the good work and onederland is all yours!

Lindy - sounds like you're right back on plan - good for you! Sorry the date didn't end the way you wanted. Either it was meant to be and you'll work it out or it wasn't a good fit and it's better to find out early, right? Either way - it's not what you were looking forward to today so I'm sorry for your disappointment - HUGS! Now, if you can avoid emotional eating in the aftermath, that would be REALLY impressive! The 170s are right within reach for you - mere days away - you can totally do this, and what a nice distraction from boys anyway to focus on yourself!

I don't know if you guys consider this cheating but I only record my lows - not when the scale fluctuates back upward (as it does, quite often, by a few pounds based on who-knows-what). So, say, if tomorrow the scale shows 173 (or whatever) I just ignore it and stick to plan till it goes back to the low again and so far it always has. It's way too depressing for me to acknowledge any upward ticks if I'm sticking to plan. If off plan, well, that'd be a whole other ballgame, I guess. Am I the only one playing these mindgames? : )
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Dance I do the same thing.. I look at an overall progress. I look at my weight everyday, which fluctuates day to day but stays in the same general area. I take my weight on sunday as fact though
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hiya Ladies, Just a short note today. Incredibly stressful... One of those days .. "If anything can go wrong.. it will.." and it did.. but hopefully I have done damage control..I will find out tomorrow.

I will admit that I stressed out and ate a big bowl of icecream..i feel really horrid now.. not agreeing with my tummy...

See everyone tomorrow!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #240  
Sandy....

Maddiesmom - Hope your feeling better. Take lots of Vitamin C and Echinacea (tablet & herb) and you should be able to keep that cold away. I sending healthy thoughts your way.

Lindy - Awwww, so sorry about Mr. 16......really feel bad the date ended that way, but I do give you huge kudo's for standing your ground! Like Dance said, if it works it works, if not it is better to know early on. I'm thinking about you and stay out of the chocolate!!!! Grrrrrr....... On another note, I have thought of commuting to O'ville....it would be about 40 minutes to get there and there and then of course getting off the highway to the destination could be another 20 to 30 depending on traffic....soooooooo....I have been peeking in Daytona. I would have look farther sooner, but we are down to one vehicle, which really limits what I can do. I have been lookng slower hoping Mike could find something first, then I would know the schedule I needed to work around. However, we are sooooo tight on funds now, or should I say 'out of funds' that I have looking whereever. I really sucks and today I just cried, as did he. He really feels like he has failed all of us, and that is so far from the truth. He is our rock, and can't help the economic situation. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion and it still may have to happen.

Neesy - You are just kicking a** girl! Wow, I am so proud of you and you WILL be in the 190's before your husband gets home. He is going to be soooo proud of you, as I am!

Dance - I wish I was as strong as you with the scale, and could do the 'mind-game.' However, I get pissed when the scale does that, and many times it causes me to munch. Grrrrrrrrrrr......I also wish I didn't weigh each morning, but curiousity gets the best of me. ;-)

Hotsplashes - Your day must have been like mine......sorry. Ice cream huh? That would so be my downfall, so I can't keep it in the house. lol........Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Today was tough, and I am hungry, but I am trying to be good........pray I can behave for the night! LOL.........I will, I will, I will..........I will try.........;-)