Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Oh!!! I am soooo excited!!

Luckymom....you came home!!! We were so worried about you! Don't you dare get down on yourself! You just dust off that stuff and climb back on. Which is exactly what you just did by coming back to us! I agree with Fullsteam...one step at a time. Don't worry about numbers, just try to eat OP and exercise. The weight will come off!! I am so glad you are back!

Fullsteam...You are back also!!! I know you weren't gone for a really long time but I missed your post immensely! I am praying for your kitty. I got a cold again too! My husband got my last one and I guess he decided to return it to me.

Ms Perception and Princess2323 You will love this group of chics!

Christian... I know you will do it! You have done an awesome job!
SBD..That dress is awesome!! You are going to look beautiful in it!!!

Lene, urockmom,fauxtini, Hello!

I'll check in again later... oooooohoooo!! I am so happy that our friends are back!!!

Last edited by Hattie22; 12-01-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Oops...I forgot to welcome two people...

Marybeth..

Kelsy123..
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 210/205/130

Thanks Hattie!!I love this group.
marybeth60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Fullsteam & Hattie~So, so, sorry that you both caught colds! That is a miserable way to start the Christmas season! Fullsteam~Hair falling out! Yikes, I would be incredibly upset about that. I agree, stay away from the antibiotics or at least the kind they gave you last time.

I was in a rush before so I want to extend personal greetings to

Marybeth

Kelsy123

MsPerception

fauxtini

princess 2323

kelsicc

JaimeJo

Idealperson

OK, I think that covers everyone so far! (I love these little Christmas guys! )

Here is a big and some for you all!

MsPerception~As far as exercise goes, I don't really do any DVDs. I am strictly a gym & running/biking/elliptical/swimming kinda gal. I always exercise in the morning because that's when I have the most energy. The most I do at night is sometimes I take a walk while my DD is at swim practice. I am with you, I love the carbs but I really have to limit them pretty severely to lose the pounds.

OK, I am going to go start unpacking the 6 (six!) boxes of Christmas decorations that we hauled down from the attic yesterday. And that's just inside decorations, nothing for outside and nothing for the tree. I told you I was kind of nutty for Christmas!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #50  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

urockmom-I used to have a y membership and did all that stuff you mentioned, but we are trying to move, so I dropped the membership for now and am winging it a little. DVD's work for now. Somebody needs to buy my house so I can move and get back to a normal routine!! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Down with too much bread! Down with pounds! That might be my new motto! LOL
Jess
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Holy guacamole, look at all the posts!
Welcome Jess and princess!

Jess, I run primarily for my exercise. I also have an exercise bike, a weight bench and a newly acquired ellipitical machine. But for the most part it's man push-ups, crunches and running. I used to do Power90 which was effective but I scratched the dvd up too much and never replaced it.
I lost most of my weight doing SB. I love my whole grains. I have been maintaining this weight for the last couple of months. My eating habits are off plan more than on plan, but I have gone down in size thanks to the exercise. Oh and I weigh myself everyday but it doesn't count until my weigh-in day.

Sass~I love,love,love the dress. It's beautiful!

Shy~ I knew you'd come back! Don't feel bad about stepping out of the picture for a while. We are just glad to have you home.

urock~ beating your time for Christmas is a great goal. I think I'll do it too.

Fullsteam~ yay, you're here! I am sorry about your furbaby. I hope he's okay. And you're sick again? I think you are having a tough season. I hope you feel better soon!

Hattie~ Sorry you have a cold. I hope you recover quickly.

Ideal, Jamie, Kelsic and Kelsey~ don't forget to post, we'd love to hear about your plans/accomplishments or to give you a

I have been doing GREAT with my exercise and eating the last couple of days. I'm back on the wagon folks! I'm going to look superfly!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #52  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Fullstream! I am losing hair too. like in handfulls. I hope stopping those antibiotics will help you out. im going to a dermatolgist tomorrow and im TERRIFIED. They say it's probabaly stress related and reversable. But i wont know anything until the blood work and whatnot is done.

I hope it's extrenal forces that are cause it and simple meds will get me back on track. I almost had a breakdown at the hair dressers today. it's scary!

Anywway.. i didn't mean to veer off of talking about you.. but just know that I know your pain and wish you luck!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #53  

I haven't weighed myself for a few days (because I had my period) and today I am up 2 pounds! Thanksgiving was not good to me.....

I am back in action and ready to lose!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #54  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy

I weighed myself today and I am not budging on the scale, but I know I'm making better choices and working on consistency in my exercise. If it doesn't get better in a week or so, I may have to be more aggressive in my eating adjustments and/or exercise! I also started a blog to help me stay on track. I goota beat my mom in weight loss...though I'm totally rooting for her, she needs it as badly as I do (emotionally).
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #55  

Good afternoon everyone

Jess (ms perception), I started the SBD plan on Oct. 3 and followed it strictly and did very well initially, since then I am definitly on a hybrid version! lol I follow the basic principles and for me it was the best plan as I craved carbs (bad carbs) often and needed to detox from them to help break the cravings. I'm getting off the carbs again for a bit after overindulgence over the holidays and I too must watch my whole grain amounts as too much impeded my loss. It sounds like your doing great, keep up the good work. Oh, I usually weigh in once a week....I have found this to be the best for me.

Hi marybeth and kelsey, welcome girls : )

Hattie, aw youuuuuuuuuu.......ty and same here girl! I am sorry to hear you have a cold again, wishing you a speedy recovery from it. OH, regarding kitty......ty! He seems stable today, his doc gets back tonight so I am happy about that. Hope your having a super day and keep up the awesome work .

urockmom, hello thereeeeeee. It's so nice to see you all again and read your news ladies. urock, they gave me azithromycin as I was allergic to penicillin once when I was kid. You only take it for 5 days and it's the equivalent of taking an oral antibiotic for 30 days acc. to the pamplet. Anyways, since stopping it I havn't noticed more of a loss....I was keeping a real eye on it and now try to ignore it a bit, lol. THanks for the willpower dust, sure need it right now! HOw is your Christmas decorating going?

Leneeee, right back at you! : ). on exercising and eating great the past few days, keep rockin' it lene, that's super Here's to looking superfly wtg my lady .

Christian, wtg!!!! keep at it.

Fauxtini, hi there. As mentioned above, I stopped them and appear to be ok now. I attempted and attempt to not worry about it too much so as not to exasperate the problem and do other things that make me feel pretty like doing my nails, etc. Most often, whether it is medication induced or stress etc. , it is reversible. Hang in there, I hope the appt. went well today and please keep us posted if your up to it. I saw your pic and your beautiful chicky

idealperson, welcome and wtg on getting back in action!

I have to run but a quick update on me. Yesterday went okay, not great not bad....just okay. I have the structure back in place (sheduled eating etc.). Today is going very well and I feel good that I am drinking plenty of water today, it helps so much. So here is to a new day ladies, may it be a good one for us in all respects. Let's keep on truckin'
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #56  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is having a good OP day today. I have been trying to up my water a bit to detox from the weekend and that is going OK but I am spending a lot of time in the bathroom!

MsPerception~It sounds like you are doing great! I have found that consistency is really, really important for me. Even if the scale doesn't move for a bit if I am exercising and eating OP then it does eventually get going again. to you to keep at it!

Lene~You are certain to look superfly! Probably something like this:

Idealperson~ Funny, I also had TOM over the holiday weekend and had a 2 pound gain! I am happy to report that one of the Thanksgiving pounds went away again so it : today. I am sure that you will get them off quickly.

I had a super today as I wanted to try my Turkey Trot again (without cramps & bloating), ran outside, and took 3.5 mins off my time. I was panting pretty badly at the end or I would have been but I am doing that in my mind.

Let's keep losing ladies!!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 155/142/110

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!
Thank you all for the warm welcome back.

FullsteamandHattie~ I'm joining you on the sick train.
I felt congested yesterday... but thismorning I woke up with a fever and can't breathe at all outta my nose. My 4 year old also has a fever and DH droped my food processor blade and cut his foot open pretty bad.
Thank good ness our 4 month old is doing just fine.
But the rest of us are feeling like crud and I was also supposed to start decorating the outside of the house today and I dont wanna move at all.
What a way to start out the challenge.

I've decided to not really set a goal weight for Christm,as right now. I dont wanna weigh myself for a bit.
I want to concentrate on eating right and getting back into an exercise routing. If I see a bad number on the scale I'm just gonna get in a bad mood.
So maybe I can just set a goal weight a little later.

Fullteam and Hattie. I hope u 2 start feeling better soon. I know it stinks... especially when there is so much to do for the holidays.

Ms Perception: Way to go ! Sounds like u are doing great. I think we all get in a little funk every now and then where the scale doesnt wanna budge even when we're doing good. The scale WILL start moving soon since your stickin with it.

Ideal person! Today is a new day! Dont fret those couple pounds. I'm sure it'll come back off real quick.

Have a good day everyone!
Luckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 148/147/120

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies!!!
Im new on here and have been reading all of your posts and sounds like an awesome group of girls.
If its not too late I was hoping I could join in on the fun!
A little about me....

Name- Sarah
age- 24
weight-148, although after Tday I was 149
status- married
kids- Nope
pets- 1 dog, Gracie, who I consider my daughter LOL
goals- To be down to 120lbs, a long term goal is to run a marathon.
job- Medical Billing
location- AZ
SarahD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #59  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

SarahD: HI! and welcome! I want to run a marathon someday too! I have a little ways to go yet.. haha but i can manage a 5k now! baby steps i guess! lol Do you run a lot now?

Fullstream: thanks for the kind words. I messed up and my appt is actually TOMORROW. I will def be on filling people in on what's up I went and got my hair did and my eye brows waxed and stuff yesterday.. and im feeling ok today

urockmom: Way to go on shaving some minutes of your turkey trot time! I'm gonna see if I can do the same at the gym tomorrow

I just went for an hour walk around my neighborhood tonite. Everyone's getting all their christmas lights and everything up. Makes me relaize.. DANG i better get on getting my tree up soon!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 148/147/120

Height: 5'5

Im actually training for a half marathon right now, its in six weeks. So I got a late start so I am just now starting the training. My goal is to run 3-4 miles tonight, we will see how that goes LOL.
SarahD is offline   Reply With Quote