favorite holiday movie- It's a wonderful life, Christmas Story
favorite band or singer- Steve Miller Band but love Rihanna, Fergie
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!
Welcome Fauxtini and Kelsy!!

Fauxtini~ I'll stop binging if you do! Good luck with getting the lbs. off before your honey comes home. Just try to imagine his reaction when you greet him as the ultra confident and slender wife.

Kelsy~ good luck with your 15lbs. We'd love to hear more about you!

urock~ 33:15 for your turkey trot is wonderful. Is that 3.1 miles? I didn't even know you were doing the Trot. Great job!
sweet potatoes were fantastic, everyone loved them thanks again!

fullsteam~where are you lady? Don't be away too long.

Hattie~ you are doing so fantastic on these challenges, i bet you do look great. I'm not great at accepting compliments and feel a little uncomfortable myself, but it is nice to hear. I just smile and say thank you too.
"Pillars of the Earth" was a good book. I haven't started the sequel yet. I think you need to know you have the time when you start his books because they are so lengthy.

Christie~Hi chick! 4.5? It's water I'm sure of it. I'm not changing my ticker unless my lbs stay on for over 5 days, then I'll bite the bullet. The bio was a great idea!

Sass~ Hey, did you start your running program yet? Don't worry about those 2lbs. Could be too much salt, not enough water ect... It will be gone before you know it!

SO I jumped on the scale this morning and it said I gained 5lbs this week. There's no way that is even possible. I am in the middle of TOM and I know I gained some because of my bad eating, but 5lbs, no way! I will use it as my official start weight though since that's what the darn scale said.

Name- Lene
age- 33
weight- 155 (lies,lies I tell you)
status- married
kids- 3 kids, son 10, daughter 8, baby girl 20 months
pets- 1 Golden retriever, 1 cat
goals- for the challenge drink 64ozs water a day, exercise 23 days
highest weight- 186
job- part time cake decorator/full time Mom
location- Pennsylvania
favorite movie- Pride and Prejudice (watched it 27 times in the last year and know every word to every scene)
favorite bands or singer- Chris Daughtry, Fall out Boys, Billy Joel, Chris Brown, music from the 60's and 80's
last book read- Blindness

Got up and went running at 3:30AM. It was a great run and I didn't want it to end but I needed to get ready for work. I ran about 3.3 miles. I feel like going running again tonight too, but will wait for tomorrow AM. I'm going to do crunches and push-ups before bed. I ate a plate full of dessert for dinner. I need the stuff out of my house. TOM and sweets in the fridge is too dangerous.
exercise: 1/23
water: 1/28
start weight 155
size 8

Last edited by lene1974; 11-29-2008 at 07:25 PM.
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #18  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Just wondering if I am the ONLY person who's fave movie isn't Pride and Prejudice? hehe I studied it in school though? Does that count for anything? hahaha

Also, Lene.. I will definitly hold you to no binging for us! hehe Wanna make a challenge out of it? Anyone want to?
See how many binge free days we can go??

mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #19  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I have the PnP book and I have all of the websites bookmarked for it. I am theming my wedding behind it (whenever I do get married) and I LOVE the movie. I tried to watch the one from the 70s and it doesn't do anything for me. I love the Mr. Darcy and Mrs. Bennett (mom) in the new PnP. I love the soundtrack and my favorite score is the Postcard to Mr. Purcell and the dance that goes with it (it was such a powerful scene in the movie). I have the DVD so on it tells you about the locations to where they filmed and I would love to go see one day.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone

Happy Sunday!

I have never seen Pride and Prejudice. I guess I should get it.
I finished "Pillars of the Earth" It was really good!
urockmom: Is "World Without End" a sequel to this one?

Fullsteam: Where did you go? I miss you!

Maybe everyone is really busy with company...

Talk to you soon..
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/205/130

Hi,i want to join and lose 11 pounds by christmas.That will get me out of the 200's!
marybeth

marybeth60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hey faux~ I'm in for the challenge. I have made it through today so far without binging. I said to DH today that eating platefuls of dessert isn't what killed me this last week (not that it helped). It's the cravings for carbs the days that follow. And yes there is something wrong with you. Your favorite movie has to be PandP!

Marybeth ~Good luck with your 11lbs.

Hattie~ I know your name is Michelle but you have been Hattie to me for so long it doesn't feel natural. LOL I know this was directed to Urock but "World Without End" is different characters, but set in the same town and is a couple of centuries later.

I pm'd Fullsteam. She must be a busy lady. I miss her too.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #23  

Lene and anyone else who may be interested in keeping track of staying on plan eating wise..

I made a POP (perfectly on plan) tally on my signiture... as you can see below in my rather large signiture.. lol Do it too if you are interested!

Yesterday was my first POP day! And so far.. today is nooo problemo!!

good luck!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #24  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Marybeth!! 199 here you come

fauxtini- I am in on the POP thing, I will add it to my signature as well Oh and as far as PnP goes, You just have got to rent the newer movie, you will be in love with it too

Hattie- Go out now and see that movie chic! You will LOVE it too and see why we are hooked on it for sure...romance at its best for sure

Sass- Your wedding will be awsome...themed around PnP, what a dream!!

Lene- You rock girl! I knew we had alot in common I am with you, I will wait 5 days to put my weight up, these pounds have just got to be bloat here too

Well all, today went POP and I am ready for this challenge, Hope you all have a great night!
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #25  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! I'm pretty new on here, but would LOVE to join the challenge. I'm hoping to drop 10 by New Years. I'm hoping the first 5 will drop off relatively easily...just stopping my oreo/donut habit! LOL I'm too new for a sinature, but here's my "stats"

Name- Jess
age- 32
weight- 199ish
status- married
kids- 3 kids, son 8, daughter 5, daughter 3
pets- 1 cat
goals- drop 10 lbs by New Years, stop jiggling!!
highest weight- 207 (non-pregnancy)
job- full time Mom
location- Wisconsin
favorite movie- Pride and Prejudice, Where the Heart Is, Never Been Kissed, etc.
favorite bands or singer- Switchfoot, The Afters, Audio Adrenaline, 80's music
last book read- Talk to the Hand
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #26  

ok.. i'm giving in.. watching pride and prejudice tonite if i can get it online
i will give you my review accordingly!

I have started working on adding more weight training to my routine.
My abs are KILLING me! hehe but it's a good burn
And im proud to say that i've officially gone from HATING squats and lunges to befriending them.
I swear they are the only things that have ever visibly made my thighs slim down and muscle up! Beyonce body here I come! yay!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #27  

Watching PnP at the moment!! just a heads up!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #28  
Back at it...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I have started working on adding more weight training to my routine.
My abs are KILLING me! hehe but it's a good burn
And im proud to say that i've officially gone from HATING squats and lunges to befriending them.
I swear they are the only things that have ever visibly made my thighs slim down and muscle up! Beyonce body here I come! yay!
That reminds me...what do you all do for exercise? DVD, belong to a health club/Y, or what? I am doing DVD's, but I think I need to consider adding other/different DVD's.
I was just curious. I know this is covered on other threads, but thought I'd ask on here.
Personally, I prefer strength-training to aerobic things, 'cuz I have limited coordination at times!
Jess
Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #29  
Back at it...again!

Which one? The one with Keira Knightley? Or the BBC one with Colon Firth? Just curious...I actually like them both.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #30  

im watching the kiera nightly one at the moment. I think that's the one everyone is talking about on here SO far so good! lol

As for exercise... i do a little of everything..
some dvds i suggest are biggest loser cardio max , the biggest loser scult dvd, walk away the pounds 4 fast miles and 1 mile jog.

I have don ethe couch to 5k program (google it!) f you are up for jogging or learning to. I could never job for more than a minute till i started this prgram.

When i watch tv I roate between lots of different lunges, squats, push ups, sit ups, random arm weight techniques i've learned from biggest loser dvds and friends.

I dont know if that's much help.. that's more or less what im doing.

I like to mix it up so i dont get bored. oh yeah! i love the eliptical at the gym and the resistance machines!!