Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm happy to report that I'm on day 7 of my eating being on plan I'm happy with that. Also the exercise is going good so far. Monday I took off, but did great yesterday and today. Joe actually went with me on my walk tonight. I was SO glad to have the company! We walked slower then me usual pace, and he was DYING at about 1 mile - but he stuck through it and we did 2.5 miles. I'm just SO happy!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Whoo-Hoo Enygirl!! It's great to have somebody to exercise with, isn't it?? My mom came over yesterday and walked with me. Day 7 on your eating plan is awesome, too.

I made a really good dinner last night. Baked chicken with pasta. Used whole wheat penne. Instead of using ricotta, like I normally do, I took a cup or so of non-fat, plain yogurt and allowed the extra moisture to drain off. My family didn't know the difference. I used about 1/4 cup parmesan in the pasta mixture and then topped it with a little mozzarella and NOBODY complained that there wasn't enough cheese. Slowly, but surely, my family is losing their "fat tooth", too!

I was thinking about running this morning but I have a headache. Didn't sleep well. I drank too much Crystal Light and it acts like caffeine in me!

Hope everybody has a great day!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Enygirl- That's fab about the hubby. It helps when you have a circle of support!

ggmugsy- That sounds Delish! I'm glad your family is losing there FAT Tooth lol.

*Me Thinking out loud *

I am struggling. I walked in to a weigh loss clinic today and almost signed up
for their program $2000. I must be crazy! I know I can do this. The woman at the clinic asked me "WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF" "WHY ARE YOU SABOTAGING YOURSELF?" It really got me thinking.... I am doing what she said. WHY?? I need to do some soul searching.... or just admit the fears that I have. I left the clinic and went right to the gym and had a great work out. I DO NOT have to spend more money on weight loss, I just have to commit to it, I am afraid. Being over weight is a reason to be sad and angry with myself. Am I still going to be sad and angry at myself when I lose the weight?? Probably.... WHY? WHY am I sad and angry with myself......

I know that I have just recently joined you here on the board but I really am in need of some support and really appreciate your kind words. I feel lost and I don't really have anyone else to turn too. Thanks for being there.

Last edited by Karrebeaar; 06-26-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #79  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Karrebeaar- hi there...i too have those feelings sometimes....but i just have to think that the reason i am unhappy now is because i can't wear cute clothes and i have to worry about fat rolls showing through clothes and being the "fat" friend, i want to live a long time to see my daughter have children and i want to have lots of energy, but i have self acceptance i know im doing all i can to become healthier so maybe if you looked at it like that with the reasons that you have that dont have to do with self acceptance. cause thats what i think wont change no matter your weight if you dont love yourself now you prob wont thinner cause inside your still the same.....hope i helped a little...we are all for you
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #80  

Karyn - I think that all of us have those fears and feelings. I actually wrote a long blog on the subject in March. I know part of my problem is I have a fear of being in the spot light - i don't want people to take notice of me... but then by become obese they now notcie me anyhow in a negitive light. just stick with this. You CAN do it... but you do need to figure out what's going on to help you. we're here for you!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:15 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

gg- HAH HAH HAH!!! Fat tooth!!! that was great! Thanks for the giggle! I think I have a whole mouth full of fat teeth!!

Does dealing squealing teenage girls, chasing a mouse, and tracking down a custodian count as exercise? Because if so I got a great workout yesterday! Seriously, I started cleaning out the band room at my new school today, and 15 file cabinets (filled with things as old as a program for a concert in 1976) and a bunch of trips to the dumpster later I didn't make it to the gym today. Oh well!

Karrebear- this may sound super-judgemental, and I am sorry if I come across wrong, but I am SO proud of you for walking out of the weight loss clinic! My mom and I tried Slim4Life, and all they did was beat me down and make me feel guilty, and impose unrealistic expectations on myself! You will get there, we all will, just keep plugging away! I watched a great Dr. Phil one day (speaking of super judgemental!) where a guy had lost a bunch of weight and then had basically become a jerk. He replaced his food addiction with his anger addiction as a way of coping with whatever... point being, the fact that you are even asking the question means you're heading in the right direction! To walk out of a vulnerable situation and take it out on a treadmill is a pretty huge NSV in my opinion...

Enygirl- you seem to be doing so great these days! I'm glad for you!

My scale continues to hate me- we are currently not friends. Whatever- i am focusing on little changes to try to be better. And I feel like I just got hit by a truck. I have not thought at ALL about not binging, which would explain why things aren't going so well in the numbers game... huh!

New goal for the next 7 days- Really contemplate EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. What is it? Why am I consuming it? Do I REALLY want it, or am I substituting for something else? What does it taste like? Am I enjoying it as much as I think?

By the time I run through that list of questions, I probably won't be hungry anymore...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #82  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

my scale also hates me this morning it says #3 up but theres no way i have been on plan all week it must be my body shifting water around to make me go crazy.....
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #83  

Oh Karyn - I'm so glad you posted your feelings. And I'm THRILLED you walked out of that center. I don't know which one it was, but I can tell you that my parents took me to a center when I was just a teenager and it seriously messed up my metabolism. I lost muscle mass, my metabolism slowed WAY down, and as soon as I left the center I gained it all back, plus more. I hated it. It was torture.

We've all heard it. Excess weight is a symptom of the problem. It isn't THE problem. I use food and alcohol when I'm stressed, or bored, or angry, or depressed . . . the list goes on and on.

One thing I forced myself to do early in my journey was to sit down and THINK before I could eat. (Journaling would be great, too!) If I'd had a meal and kept wandering back into the kitchen because I didn't feel "satisfied." I forced myself to sit down and think about what was bugging me. You know that feeling you get right before a binge. That twitchy, can't sit still, kind of feeling?? I usually ended up crying over something. I bawled a LOT for a few months. BUT, letting out my emotion enabled me to stop eaing and/or drinking.

And it doesn't happen just one time. It's like an onion. You do fine for a while, and then you hit a sticking spot and you have to dig deeper to keep going. You need to keep peeling the layers away. Every emotion you've stuffed into your body will be shed as you lose weight. If you don't get rid of it, the weight will just come back. (This is purely my opinion from my experience.)

We're here for you!!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 06-27-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #84  

Haley - My scale hates me, too. I am going into my 4th week without a loss. BUT . . . I can tell my tush is smaller and I can pull my 34's down over my hips without undoing the button. Try to find NSV's. It will help keep you on track!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #85  

Day 8 of food and day 4 of exercise - COMPLETE! It's been a LONG time since I've been able to say that!

I'm completely inline to earn my gold star this week - early even The kidercise is what's put me over. It's so fun to lift, carry, pull, etc my DD and the added #40 into the workout doesn't hurt!

I can *almost* feel the #180's again GG! When I hit #185.5 (1/2 way point) I'm rewarding myself with an MP3 player. It'll help a TON with my walks!

Ok - have to attempt to get some work done. & for all!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #86  

Enygirl - I remember doing exercises with my kids when they were little. Now they pick me up. Something strange happens to boys when they hit 16. They become MEN. I'll have to post a pic of my handsome sons.

I've been wanting an MP3 player. I think that's a GREAT reward. I guess there's a place on-line where you can download songs according to your walking/running speed (beats per minute) to keep you on-pace. Sounds totally fun to me!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #87  

Congrats That is fantastic. I couldn't workout without my MP# player. Great goal to set! I want some lulu lemon Work out gear!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #88  

Good morning girls! Where is everyone? We must be having really crazy weekends! Well I'm happy to report that I lost #3 this week! I can almost see the #180's again! It's amazing what can happen when I'm on plan all week huh?

Alright - hopefully you all will check in later. I'm getting worried! Our thread is never dead!

& for everyone!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #89  

I didn't work out all weekend. Tried to eat healthy though.

Picked 30 pounds of strawberries so I'm making jam and ice cream like a freak. We had company, and a wedding reception on Saturday then took the boat out all day Sunday, which DIED in the water. It was depressing, but I'm picking up and moving on!!

This may be TMI, but lately, I'm really struggling with constipation. I'm eating a ton of veggies, only whole grain bread, and have Grape Nuts almost every morning, but it's obviously not enough. I ate some cherries last night and those seem to be helping. Arrrrgh!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #90  

It's the Canada Day long weekend for me up here in Ontario. I took today off as a holiday and tomorrow is Canada Day, hence a 4 day long weekend. I went to the gym and had a great sweat fest and I am eating op today. Happy monday everyone!