Old 05-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Advice Please!

so im not getting anywhere these days, im not sure what im doing wrong, im eating within range, im working out at least 3X a week, and doing strength 3X a week, im drinking water. yet my weight is either costant or attemping to climb.

if anyone has any advice at all i would love to hear it cause im getting really frustrated.

My Daily Eating range:
calories: 1200 - 1300
fat: 35 - 45
Carbs: 150 - 250
Protein: 60 - 127
Fiber: 25 - 40

Exercise + Strength training - M, W, F

elliptical - minimum 20 minutes
strength training changes but currently its at
2 sets of 15
- crunches
- crunches w/ twist
- push ups
- close arm push ups
- standing adduction
- foreward lunges
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #77  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Mousai- I have two suggestions. One- don't change anything, just keep doing what you are doing. Your body could be adjusting to the changes and it will start responding soon. I went through that a few weeks ago, for about a month.

Two- Add more exercise. Sometimes we just need to pump it up a bit. Add an additional day or increase time. Maybe try something new like a DVD or something. Maybe your body needs a little change. Just some thoughts.

Tom. is weigh-in, but TOM arrived today, so I'm not sure how it will go. We'll see.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Mousai- I have two suggestions. One- don't change anything, just keep doing what you are doing. Your body could be adjusting to the changes and it will start responding soon. I went through that a few weeks ago, for about a month.

Two- Add more exercise. Sometimes we just need to pump it up a bit. Add an additional day or increase time. Maybe try something new like a DVD or something. Maybe your body needs a little change. Just some thoughts.

Tom. is weigh-in, but TOM arrived today, so I'm not sure how it will go. We'll see.
thanks^__^
im going to push my workout up some to see if that helps
Old 05-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #79  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Mousai sometimes the weight just doesnt want to come off even when we're doing all the right things, and then all of a sudden it will come off. Also, when you lose weight your calorie intake should decrease to lose weight, so rather than aiming for calories between 1400-1500 you could try aiming for something like 1450 as a limit.

I'm (At last!) back down to 149...after two weeks of diet nightmare which means this month iv lost 3lb, woo
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #80  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Well I'm at 230 right now so that's umm 4 pounds I believe so 6 pounds to go. I have to say this month has been the hardest so far. Good luck everyone!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #81  
Mz. Matherne

So this morning I am down another 2 pounds so that's 6 gone and 4 to go Plus I am 10 pounds away from 100 pounds lost YAY!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
Mousai sometimes the weight just doesnt want to come off even when we're doing all the right things, and then all of a sudden it will come off. Also, when you lose weight your calorie intake should decrease to lose weight, so rather than aiming for calories between 1400-1500 you could try aiming for something like 1450 as a limit.

I'm (At last!) back down to 149...after two weeks of diet nightmare which means this month iv lost 3lb, woo
my calories cant go any farther down actually, im eating on average between 1200 - 1300 calories. i really never ate that much to begin with i just ate the wrong stuff. but now that im eating the good stuff im still not eating that much.

i am uping my work out tho to 5X a week to see if that helps some.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandk0204 View Post
So this morning I am down another 2 pounds so that's 6 gone and 4 to go Plus I am 10 pounds away from 100 pounds lost YAY!
GREAT JOB!! glad to see your almost at that marker!!

i still wish to know how you do it, you always are able to drop so much so quickly.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #84  
Mz. Matherne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousai View Post
GREAT JOB!! glad to see your almost at that marker!!

i still wish to know how you do it, you always are able to drop so much so quickly.
I wish I had a good answer for you but its really just plain ole' change of eating habits and exercise. I've just increased it over time
Old 05-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #85  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Dandk- WOW!! I just went to your blog and looked around. You have lost a ton of weight and it seems like it has been effortless for you. Good for you. You will make that 100 mark soon. I am with Mousai right now and having a difficult time. I have lost about 30 pounds since Jan. This week was TOM but now it's over and I gained 2 pounds. I don't know why. I also have worked out everyday. It is kind of funny because I do some of the same workouts you do.

I am alternating BL Cardio, Jillian's Shred, WATP 3 mile walk and somedays I just walk/jog outside. I am eating 1300-1400 calories. What do you eat? I just started a 15 min. Kim Lyons kickboxing DVD also. When I do a shorter video I also walk a mile.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:32 AM   #86  
Burning it away

I'm starting to think I can't do this... The weight just won't budge I had a few over calorie days where I didnt exceed 1500 cals and i gained back upto 153, iv stuck to plan since and it just wont go.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #87  

Quote:
I'm starting to think I can't do this... The weight just won't budge I had a few over calorie days where I didnt exceed 1500 cals and i gained back upto 153, iv stuck to plan since and it just wont go.
you can!! you can you can you can!! dont ever doubt yourself!! you are capable of anything you want, i just know it. im having troubles too, we all have our periods of time where the scale doesnt want to move, or when we just feel like were not gonna make it, but never, NEVER give up!! i believe you can do it, there is not a single doubt in my mind that you can do it. its totally normal to put on weight here and there. as long as you dont give up thats what matters!!

how are you feeling? how are you energy levels? how are you clothes fitting? those things matter too, even if the scale refuses to admit it, your getting healthier by working at it. try taking measurements, if your working out its possible that muscle gain has made your weight go up. have you tried changing up your work out? increase the time, or the intensity, or just try something new, it really does help. look at what your eating, calories are not created equal! is there something in your diet that is possibly slowing you down that you didnt recognise? whats changed recently since your weight stoped going down?

Please dont give up!! were all in this together, im cheering for you dont forget that!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 AM   #88  
Burning it away

Well, yesterday morning (When i posted) I was 153, but this morning I'm 146. I don't understand why I fluctuate SO much on a daily basis. I've been feeling okay about things, only less motivation to work out (I really dont like working out, but I do swim and push myself alot then)

Thanks for the support mou, guess I was just having one of those days At least with the scale down to 146 that means I've hit my 5lb target this month! How are you doing?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #89  

Quote:
Well, yesterday morning (When i posted) I was 153, but this morning I'm 146. I don't understand why I fluctuate SO much on a daily basis. I've been feeling okay about things, only less motivation to work out (I really dont like working out, but I do swim and push myself alot then)

Thanks for the support mou, guess I was just having one of those days At least with the scale down to 146 that means I've hit my 5lb target this month! How are you doing?
yeah dont worry about the flunctuation, it will change from day to day, sometime by 5lbs at most (which is why its best to weight once a week at most, instead of once a day) i try to just measure once at the beginning of the month, and once at the end.

ive not seen any decrease still in my weight, i checked this week to see if anything had changed since my increase of work out time. ive actually alotted more calories for myself to be sure im not going to far down on my calories, i think that might play a little into my weight not budging. and im going to visit with a personal trainer tonight, so hopefully that will help.

but i have a serious motivation for the next month, my family and i are going on a cruise through the Caribbean so i want to work hard so i can feel comfortable in a swim suit. but i think the cruise itself will help my weight (i will be taking full advantage of swimming and spa).
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #90  
Burning it away

Wow sounds great mou, I hope you have a great time! Just be careful - I'm sure cruises often have unlimited buffets etc. I'm sure you'll stick to plan though!