Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

2 favorite songs today
BTO TCOB
Tom Petty - Runaway
Just went running, took music with me, still no IPOD but a little MP3 player, those and Garth Brooks Standing Outside the Fire kept my feet going this am.
I am trying this running in the AM thing to see if I like it better. I like that it's done anyway. I am essentially a lazy a$$.

JC, good job for DD, swimming is important. Sorry about the contract. Stress I am sure.

Grazer & Nixmom, I let the big groups get to me last time in TBL, I stuck with the challenge but skipped the boards, this time I am going to pst every day but not trying for personals until things slow down, people drop out quickly, hang in there!

Anyhow, I am going to have to get to work now, so here's today's weed!
W 4L, this will be day 3 of really getting it in there!
E Did 90 upper and 90 lower crunches, 20 push-ups, a 10 minutes ab & back video and a 30 minute run already today! I am going to lose this weight!!!
Maybe a walk at lunch if there is time.
E OP
D One foot in front of the other.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #32  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Only 1 1/2 days of work left for me this week! I'm exhausted and can't focus with Havasu trip coming this weekend so I took 1/2 day tomorrow and all of Friday off. Gotta get the hair done, house cleaned and dog to the boarders. I haven't exercised in a week and I'm feeling it. Dragging.

Water has been going down. OP every day UNTIL dinner. BF keeps making killer stuff and its been hard to eat my ground turkey concoctions when carne asada and pizza keep occurring at night. Weight is cooperating though... not losing, not gaining. I'm sure next week will be better.

Jcat - Makenna is a rock star! I love those proud mama moments! Tommy will come around. They all find their sport or activity that they embrace. Just keep giving him choices. My now 6'3" DS found baseball at about 4 and played every year and then year round once he was old enough. Had his moment of burn out but always came back around. Hang in there!

MMavis - thanks for the insight on the TBL thing. I was feeling overwhelmed and disconnected. Guess I just gotta give it time and remember the challenge is something I took on for me. I still love my girls here mostest!

Will we do another challenge WOW challenge after this one? PLEASE! maybe a WOW 4th of July one?

HolyT - I'm tired of the same 2 lbs too. Something has got to give.

Mtiger - I picked the wrong gear to put my butt into - I'm stuck in nuetral at the moment. Need a WOW push to shift into 1st before I shift into reverse!

Jlea - an exercise hangover.... good girl! Ignore TOM's deceptive numbers. You know his MO. Positive job thoughts instead!

Okay, gotta get ready for work. If I missed you in personals, I'll be back later!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I could go for a 4th of july challenge. I totally fell off the wagon on this one. I actually gained almost 5 pounds instead of losing. So...i definately am hoping to drop about 5-8 pounds by july 4th. But...i am trying to rededicate myself so maybe i can get back to my starting point of 134 by the end of this challenge.

Congrats to those who were able to stay focused on this challenge and good luck to those who like me lost their focus. May we all stay challenged and on the road to a happy and healthier us!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #34  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Morning Ladies!! I am posting early today so I get it done. First the crap on me. The scale is stupid, even the new one. I don't know what to try next. I need a personal trainer or something to guide my way. I am so out of ideas. Upped calories, nothing, took a rest day, nothing.

Now for work. I hate the district I work for. They are incompetent. At my building we always have 4 kindergarten rooms. They have cut us this year to 2. They also cut a 1st and a 4th. 4 teachers, 4 positions. It is crazy. So now people have to start bumping people and takind different positions. I will probably end up going from K to 4 or 5, maybe a literacy teacher. Not at all what I have been doing for 6 years. Then in the fall it will probably all change again because we will need those positions back. It is the dumbest thing in the world, not to mention stressful on everyone. And it really messes up the students.

Well, gotta run, kids are back from library. I'll stop later for personals.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #35  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Got another free minute or two.

Yes please, on the 4th of July challenge. I like you guys and I need another challenge to keep me going.

Lumi- Sorry about the gain. I have been having a very difficult time myself. Hang in there. You have accomplished so much.

Nixmom- I know what you mean. I am stalled out too. Can't even seem to get the car started. ****, I don't even know where the keys are. I'm currently trying to push the car to get it moving. I NEED HELP!!

MM- You are going to crunch yourself into oblivion. You always seem to make good progress. Sure wish some of it would rub off on me. The only thing I've got rubbing right now are my thighs.

Jcat- Great to hear about your developing little fish. I love to swim. It has been many moons since I have even had a suit to swim in. Here's to dreaming of summer and being able to find a suit and be comfortable enough to be seen.

I think that's everyone. Have a great day ladies.

W- well I am still drinking it.
E- I have no idea. I have upped to 1500-1600, but it doesn't seem to be working.
E- Will do cardio DVD with friend today. 30 min. Do I need more?
D- Keep asking questions. You are bound to get answers eventually.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #36  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi girls..
i am still worn out. this class and househunting is taking so much out of me. I'll be glad in 7 weeks when it's over. Well technically this part of stats is over in 2 weeks and i've got another 5 week stats class to finish it up. but i am exhausted. did some weights yesterday, got mmunches in, got pushups in, and there's lots of knots in my back from stress that need to get worked out.

DH ignored the grocery shopping. Instead we went and looked for more houses, and then got a new microwave. it was so chilly out last night that i made him stop and get me a hot cocoa. I crashed at 10:30, and when the alarm went off at 5:30 i hit the snooze for another half hour, and honestly could've slept at least one more hour if not more.

i'm all about challenges. What I'm coming to realize though is this....I need to focus some time each day on me. My classes are all 5 weeks long. I work my butt off to make sure I get the grades I want. (beside the point, this class is beating me down terribly) I need to do the same for me. Small goals, a pound a week, whatever. I know that if i can finish each class with an A that I can get one pound off me a week. I just gotta get up in the morning to do it.

Hi hi hi's to all of you...can I get a nap now?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone-

Been kind of out of sorts this week - Scale stayed the same this week, so I'm in a little funk. Soooo - I added an extra 2 mile walk each day. I'm kind of at a loss as to what else I should do . OK, I know, my eating could be better , but I'm doing pretty well I think.

No personals today - I missed out on so much that I'd never catch up. Just know that I've been lurking!

This week's WEED:
W - 4 bottles
E - on plan !@#$ it!!!!!
E - 40 minutes treadmill in the AM, 2 mile walk in the evening
D - This too shall pass ...
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #38  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Don't feel bad musictchr I am too. I did my mmunches and pushups today and did some TBL boot camp workout. I think I pulled a muscle in my right calf yesterday...how i haven't quite figured it out yet. Probably from wandering through backyards and looking at houses yesterday.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Count me in for the 4th of July. I wouldn't do it without my WEEDers. I haven't gone overboard with the white stuff today but more than I intended. Did okay with the water but no exercise. Not sure I'm gonna get it in tonight. Feeling PMSy and achey. I find I feel more dragged out when I'm on the sweets. Anyone else notice this? I have a friend dropping over for tea time tonight so I'm not sure if I'll get to check in later or not. Hope everyone had a Happy Hump Day!!!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #40  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Heyyo! OMG I am sooooo relieved!!I worked Monday, Tuesday, made some trades for the other gals.....and now I'm OFF til next WEDNESDAY! WOW! So. No excuses for not posting. No excuses for not exercising. seven glorious days of me, me, me, me...oh and my family. Let me see if I can find an emoticon to tell you how happy/relaxed I am... There are some really cute and funny ones we never use, aren't there?

Eating good for....three days now. I bumped a bit taking Robert to breakfast this morning, had eggs and toast, but figured it into the calories, so?

BRB, doorbell
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #41  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone.

I'm all for a July 4th challenge, that will give us 5 weeks and 4 days from Memorial Day.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #42  
Calorie Counter

Default May Day

Happy May Day everyone! I got some sleep last night so I feel a bit better than yesterday. July 4th is good for me too. I just hope I lose another couple for this challenge.

Work WEED today. No problem!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:21 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Good Morning All. Still PMSY- still wanting to snack- still planning to keep it under control. Let's see how mini-carrots work today!

W- drink lots, less tea please
E- mindful. No sweets
E- cardio and weights
D- one day at a time

Here's a special 'D"- can't think of a song so I'll share what's on my favourite coffee cup:

Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart ---unknown

Happy Thursday!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:34 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mtiger, sometimes when the scale is stupid, I go to tape measure. You may see progress there, even if you don't see it on the scale. I am still trying to get back to the 145.6 I saw the day we left for vacation. I wish I had made better choices while we were away. I am trying to crunch myself away, that way I figure when I finally peel the fat cover off my abs, they will be ready!!

Sorry about the school stress. Soon it will be summer!

Grazer, love the "D"

Musicteacher, It'll be fine, some days are just better than other.

HolyT, you make me tired, I am thinking of taking some classes this summer, but scared to death that I won't find the time to do it right. It's really cool to see you doing it, makes me think maybe I can.

I agree with the rest, I want to continue on to July 4th or Labor Day with our WEED group.

Today
W 4L
E just did my crunches 90 & 90 and a "Natural Lift" workout, will walk again at lunch
E OP
D Long meeting this am, stay away from the Danish!
I think I can, I think I can......
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #45  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default 4:40am and my mind is....

dancing dancingDANCIN!

I'm so excited to get the heck outta Dodge this weekend! I only work 3 hours today! Talking part of the day off. Off all day tomorrow! Actually, I figured it out and I will only be working 13 days and 3 hours this month! LOVIN ME SOME VACATION DAYS!

I, too, still gotta go hard to get some lbs off this challenge! Don't drop the focus Memorial Day deadline for this challenge! SOOO relieved that we can all be together after again for another WOW challenge though. Kinda kooky how much PEACE (see GRAZER's "D" for definition) you girls give me! Thank you!

Plan for today---
7am - go tanning (I know, bad for me and crazy because I have all kinds of sunshine in SoCal but this white girl has to pay for some extra help before 1st Havasu trip or I will come back like a lobster)
8am to 11am - work - boo hoo
12:00pm - new sexy haircut and color
4m - Home to clean, pack and get doggie ready for kennel weekend

WEED for the day -
W-64+ been doing well
E- still no gym... may have to count housecleaning
E- OP again - did decent yesterday, need to plan snacks for trip
D- Song o' the day.... Take me to the river... drop me in the water!

will come back for personals later while RELAXING due to DAY OFF!

Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote