Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

i don't think i have an NSV today. I hung out with the kiddies i used to nanny, and took them to the mall (rainy day) and bought them hot dogs and fries, but guess who ate the fries?? Oh, yeah, and a few bites o' dog, too, but ew, so greasy.
I'll have to feel good about the fact that I didn't let it turn into anything more evil, and went to the gym for a 45 min cardio...
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #32  
Made of Starstuff

Water, fruits & veg in my stomach for the day!
One cute little monkey sticker comin' my way!

... Hee hee ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

I had a super NSV day today! I went shopping for new pants since my jeans are getting too big and I had some excellent finds at the second hand shop. I found a nice comfy pair of jeans, a fantastic long knit top that shows off my curves without showing the bulges, and a beautiful sky blue linen skirt from Old Navy that still had the price tag on it. It's been a long time since I've felt happy at the end of a shopping trip for clothing!

I also had a nice talk with my priest (of all people!) about running. It turns out that he's a runner too and so we talked about when we like to run and the various ups and downs of exercising. I'm very jealous of the run he got to do in the mountains last week!

The other highlight of the night was realizing how my attitude towards food is changing. Normally when we're out at the function we were attending tonight I sneak in way too many desserts and treats. Tonight I had one small square after eating a veggie-packed supper and it didn't even cross my mind to have anything else.

Now I'm looking forward to my long run tomorrow morning and thinking about how much nicer my new skirt is going to look when my legs are leaner!
KimProbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #34  

Ok, my NSV for today is kind of a combination of today and yesterday.

Yesterday I went hiking with my boyfriend and best guy friend. We found some lovely cliffs to climb!! Except I've never even done fake rock climbing. Hahaha. They were understanding and helped me out as much as they could, and I didn't lag behind at all! I never once sat out and said "I'll wait here..." I went everywhere the boys went and I'm so glad that I did! We hiked for 2 and a half hours, and I couldn't even believe it. We just had so much fun that the time literally flew by! Lots of great memories were made yesterday, and we got a lot of it on camera! Bwahaha. Needless to say, when I allowed myself to relax, I found that I was completely POOPED!!!

So, naturally, I assumed that I would probably end up oversleeping today. NO SO! I still woke up a little later than usual, but not too bad. I proceeded to do my yoga, my pilates, AND I did the treadmill for 30 mins!! I was so proud of myself!!

Of course, my body's been pretty sore all day, but hey, it's totally worth it!!! And Roger and Krys (boyfriend and best friend, respectively) and I are going to try and make this a bi-monthly event, if we can all fit it into our schedules.

Hooray activity!!!
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #35  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

I ate rather sensibly yesterday, though I was a little too heavy on the carbs... but they were all from whole grains and fruit, so it wasn't terribly bad. This morning I am up while my hubby is cuddled under the warm blankets, and I am getting ready to head to the gym. This means I have actually been to the gym I believe every day this week!! Whoohoo! I think that's a first time for me. However, I plan on taking tomorrow off to let my muscles recoop. I have been using this ab/crunch machine they just brought to the gym, and honestly, days after my abs still hurt! Oh well... hopefully I'll start getting more definition in that area if I use it often in my routine- with days of rest in between, of course!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #36  

It's nearly 10 am, just getting into the day, and sitting here having just eaten and egg and english muffin, and topping it off with spinach, just to get some veggies in, first thing! NSV!
S
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #37  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I would like to start posting here with you ladies. I am so addicted to my scale. It can change my mood in the blink of an eye. And why? Why do I let it have that power? So many factors go into that number, it's not even necessarily an accurate representation of the fat on my body. I have tried putting it away in the past. For a while I put it in the basement, but then I would go downstairs to weigh. Then I had my kids hide it, but I found it. Stupid!

Anyway, I really want to start focusing on other things. Like how I feel physically.

My first goal is to get back into activity and exercise. I used to be a regular exerciser. So, each day that I get in some intentional activity will be a NSV.

Congrats to all of you ladies that are turning your focus away from the scale.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #38  

JudyLynn!!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #39  

Ok, as always, my posts involve a little bit of backstory: in our house we have a MOUNTAIN of clothes to be ironed!! I'm not even exaggerating. The pile just grows and grows and GROWS!!

Well, my mom is attempting to tackle the thing today, and she found some pants that I haven't worn in 4 years. That's right. Not since I was a sophomore in high school. She asked if they might still fit me. Trembling, I reached for the pants, unsure of what to expect... I checked the tag. A slight possibility of it fitting... one thing: NO. STRETCH. MATERIAL. Gasp! What was I getting myself into?

I stepped into the bathroom, brought the pants up over my hips... so far, so good... buttoned, and zipped them up!! Perfect! No problem!! The did look a bit snug, but they felt absolutely comfortable! That is my NSV for the day. Haha, sorry if I embellished the story a little too much, but it was very exciting.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #40  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

No need to apologize! That is GREAT news!!!

I am sorry I haven't been able to be here and comment on everyone's progress, but I want to say that YOU ALL ROCK!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #41  
Made of Starstuff

Wahoo for NSV's

Yesterday went well with the water & veggies

Working on today's water & fruit/veg as well. I think today it's going to be tough to get in my exercise. For some reason, Sundays are the most difficult for me. But, in about an hour I'm planning on going for a walk around the block. I just have to get something in or I know I'll be grumpy tomorrow if I don't.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #42  
Work in progress

Cephalapod, great news!

Just went walking with my husband and my dog for an hour on the bike trail. It was great! The weather was nice, and it was just great to get out into the fresh air.

Still planning to go to the gym tonight. And, y husband and I went out last night, got an appetizer, meal and dessert... planned ahead and stayed within my calories! And the food was super yummy.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Cephalod, awesome news. I love to shop in my closet (or laundry). It's so cool to see your progress by getting back into clothes!

Welcome Judy Lynn!

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I went swim suit shopping yesterday and it didn't suck! I bought 1 bottom, size 8 with 2 different tops (tankini) 1 is a size 12 and the other a 36D. They all look awesome! Not perfect but better than this Momma has looked in a suit in years!!

Beach, here I come!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #44  
Made of Starstuff

Rabbit - Awesome work on that walk & staying within your calories when you went out!

Mothermavis - Yay for swim suit shopping that doesn't suck!

---

I was able to get in my water & fruits/veg yesterday

AND, awesome NSV for me: I did my yoga late last night. Usually on the weekends if I don't get my exercise done within an hour of waking up it just ain't gettin' done. But I wanted to get it done SO BADLY that I forced myself to do it before going to bed! Yay yay yay!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #45  
Work in progress

Mothermavis- nothing is better than finding a swimsuit and feeling good in it! Congrats! All your hard work is paying off

Faerie- Good job with the yoga! It's hard sometimes trying to fit that exercise in, but you did it! I have to ask, do you feel more flexible after doing yoga? Is it anything like Pillates? I have a Pillates DVD and I hate it... because it works, lol. I have never felt so much burning in my muscles like I do with that DVD. However, I used to do really beginner Yoga in gym in HS and I enjoyed that. Kept me feeling relaxed and focused for the rest of the day.

No real NSVs to report here since last time. I ate kinda bad last night- had one of those really high calorie pasta sides, and I tried to keep the portion small but it was still bad, lol. Oh well, today is a new day!