Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #16  

I would like to join this! It seems like much fun!

I don't necessarily consider myself a "scale addict." My weigh-in days are Friday mornings, and that's about it. I'm not sure if I truly have no desire to weigh myself more often, or if that's simply the only time I can do it! :P However, I would like to count the little (and big) things that are NOT related to the numbers by my feet (that are not my shoe size).

Hmm, so recent NSVs for me... well, yesterday I finally got new tennis shoes! I had been getting shinsplints and just never got around to buying new shoes. Well I did and they have pink on them and are super cute! So, I consider it a NSV because I'm doing something to make exercising more fun (read: bearable ) and thereby motivating me to not dread it!

I'm not sure if this next one is an NSV or not, but I'm posting it anyway. My friend has a boyfriend... this boyfriend never really takes me seriously. Which isn't really a problem, I have nothing serious to discuss with him. Haha. Well, I've made my current weight-loss journey very public to keep myself accountable. I'm talkin Tickers on my MySpace, LiveJournal, everywhere. Haha. In the past when I tried to do it in secret, it never worked out. He sends me a Facebook message asking me to call him when I get out of class. I'm like Huh? Whatever. So I give him a call--- and he asks for weight loss advice. HOW AWESOME. That someone noticed my progress and decides to ask me for advice? Of course he did the whole "Isn't there an easier way??" but it was still nice to have someone coming to me for something like that other than the usual "Hurrrr so-and-so's being a butttt what should I do" advice.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default one more reason to ignore the scale

I ate pretty badly last week, off plan, not caring. Still lost a pound! So, tonight, I'm bingey, and just threw down half a bag of pretzels and a couple of graham crackers, believing it's fine because I will still see those numbers fall.

Now, I wanted to join this challenge because I believe that we often get DISCOURAGED by the numbers on the scale, but tonight I realize that by looking at those numbers, I've tricked myself into believing that I can binge without consequence. So, while I had planned to continue my daily weigh-ins, I think I'll be putting the scale away so that I can focus SOLELY on my behavior.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I love the NSV idea. I had one this weekend, we are getting ready to go on vacation, so I dragged the suitcases out this past weekend and decided to try on shorts and sundresses (no sence packing them if they don't fit, although I've done that before) but here's the happy part, they fit! Even the sundress that last year wouldn't go over my hips, it fits!!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #19  

NSV before I head to school: at the end of my workout, my light gray t-shrit was actually DARK GRAY.... and I thought it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #20  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

I am so in on this! I just recently wrote a thread about packing away my scale and not weighing in for the next 3 weeks. I want to focus on the other changes that are happening- not just the numbers. I don't want to let myself get discouraged by the numbers I see on the scale- because I am making progress and I know that I should be proud of the progress I have made.

For example, I went to the gym last night with the intention of just taking it easy and just kinda relaxing a bit (a little treadmill, a little eliptical, nothing major.) I ended up hitting it hard last night! I ended up feeling much better once I got in there and I did some interval training on the TM, and instead of jogging quickly like I usually do on the high levels, I was actually sprinting! It felt fantastic. I am going back to the gym this morning, and I can't wait!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #21  

Little Rabbit -- that is GREAT! so inspiring and really reinforces the idea that even if you don't feel like the gym, make yourself go for just 10 min. You never know!
Hey Mavis!! Good to see you! Congrats on the summer clothing!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Finding this thread is very timely for me! I weighed myself this morning and I was upset not to find a change. I'm down 5 lbs from 6 weeks ago (including the 2 lbs I gained and lost again over Easter) but I'm feeling a difference even in the past few days. My pants are very loose now and I can pull them off without unbuttoning!

I need to look at setting some NSV goals so that I can more fully appreciate the changes I'm seeing in my body even when I don't see a change in the numbers!
KimProbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #23  
Made of Starstuff

Another monkey sticker for me!
Water & Fruits/Veg a big wonderful check!

Way to go on all the NSVs everyone ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #24  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

I'm down for this challenge.

Our scale at home is broken, it's been giving the same numbers for months but I let it get to me so much that I was getting depressed. This time though, I decided to rely on measurements more than the scale and my measurements have definitely gone down which is great.

NSV: I bought a pair of 18M pants from NY&Co last summer that I couldn't wear at the end of the summer because they were too tight. I tried them on last weekend and they fit pretty decently. I'd like to tone more on my hips before I wear them in public but it shows I'm definitely shrinking.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone
Soulbliss, Great idea and I would like to join too. My biggest NSV was giving up diet Pepsi. I was drinking 3-4 cans a day or more and gave it up for Lent. I drank a can or 2 after Easter and didn't like it so I'm done drinking it. I carry water with me everywhere now and drink that.
It sounds like everyone has such great victories that aren't all about numbers but about living a good and healthy life.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #26  

KimProbable -- Love your name! The kids I sit for are in love with KimPossible...anyway, good luck stepping off the scale!

Faerie -- Monkey sticker? What'd I miss? Whatever it is, I think you've inspired me yet again to get back on the horse and pick a good NSV goal for the fruits and veggies -- stickers! I do almost all my tracking on the computer so I'll have to figure out how to combine stickers and computers...any suggestions??

SexyBroke -- yay old pants! I love that!! It's almost better than buying new pants!

Bette -- good job with the Pepsi!

As for me, I better think of a good NSV...all I have are confessions today instead of victories! BUT I did put away the scale yesterday so today was my first no-weigh day. I'm still going to pull it out on Mondays so that the WW website doesn't give me a frownie face for not weighing in, but that's IT!! Only Mondays!! Focusing on behavior....

S
Old 04-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #27  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post

Faerie -- Monkey sticker? What'd I miss? Whatever it is, I think you've inspired me yet again to get back on the horse and pick a good NSV goal for the fruits and veggies -- stickers! I do almost all my tracking on the computer so I'll have to figure out how to combine stickers and computers...any suggestions??
Heyo Lizzy - I'm just giving myself a monkey sticker on my WW tracker for each day that I get in my water & my 5 fruit/veg servings. ^^ I've got a suggestion for the computer sticker. Pictures! What's your favorite animal? Open a new Word Document and write the days down for the entire month. For each day you follow through on your NSV goals, go find yourself a cute picture of that animal! Paste it into the word document next to that day! At the end of the month you'll have a document full of cute fuzzy wuzzy animal pics! Aaaaand you can see how well you did
Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #28  
Made of Starstuff

Continuing on with good behaviors!

Got in my recommended amounts of water & fruits/vegs yesterday, so gave myself another sticker
Old 04-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #29  

Good morning!!
NSV yesterday -- finally, a TOTALLY OP day! And, 2 workouts -- a 3 mile jog in the am, and into the gym in the evening for 20 min cardio and half hour weight training.
Sadly, I'm entering today without a plan, or them time to make one...wish me luck...
Faerie -- thanks for the suggestion!! i'll have to see about doing something. I personally get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I open a Word doc, makes me feel like I'm doing something that's going to be graded.

Have wonderful days, all!!

S
Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #30  

Let's see- I've been trying to limit my mindless eating, for the most part it is going well.

My NSV for the day, I only had two servings of fruits and veggies at dinner. I made sausage so I decided to forgo the bun and have canned apricots and green pepper with ranch dressing!!!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote