Old 04-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, no good deed goes unpunished!! I went to the gym last Wednesday, had an AWESOME time, worked my butt off (though it seems to have found a way to reattach...) and felt really good. Fast forward 12 hours...

I woke up Thursday morning with back pain like I have never experienced. I haven't had pain like this since I had knee surgery in high school. It was bad enough that I did 3 things I NEVER do, I left work early and took a sick day, I called the doctor (GASP!!) and I took Advil. All freaking weekend. When I had said knee surgery I felt dangerously close to becoming addicted to Advil, so I hardly ever take it. That's how my husband knew this was serious.

This is SO STUPID!!! I am 28 for crying out loud! On one hand, my face broke out like I am a dingy teenager, and on the other hand, BACK PAIN?!?! Seriously? This is ridiculous. The doctor said to rest- Hah! Who has time? My students are so cute- they won't let me do anything. If I drop something they rush to pick it up and bark at me for moving. Who knew teenagers could be so great?

And gg- it really hurts to laugh, but I thoroughly enjoyed your last post! It was so worth the pain...

It's just another manic monday... Have a great week ladies!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

TTTA - YOU NEED ICY HOT!!! When I pull or strain something in my back Icy Hot is the BEST thing for me. Once those muscles relax, everything else will relax, too. AND, you don't need to worry about becoming dependent on a pill.

Elyn - I didn't know you were across the pond!! I haven't had anything from the Bordeaux region FOREVER. We did just pick up a very fun Rioja this weekend. They are very hard to find where I live.

Enygirl - I lost a LOT this week!! Last Monday I weighted 175.2 AFTER my workout. I normally drop 1.4 - 1.8 pounds during a workout. Today, I weighed 174.4 BEFORE my workout!!! I've already bought a bottle of champagne for the day I hit 169.anything.

Mrsaugie - Those Vince Lombardi quotes are awesome.

Shay - I'm with you. I was WIPED OUT on Sunday. Helped my MIL pack up some stuff for their impending move and just vegged the rest of the day. It was awesome. Take care of yourself. Part of this weight loss process is learning to love ourselves and listen to our bodies.

I haven't finished my taxes so I need to get busy. Have done most of it . . . just not the mileage on our cars. I HATE that part. It's almost as bad as writing the check.

Last edited by ggmugsy; 04-14-2008 at 11:31 AM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #48  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Thank you. i found them around the time of great frustration. i went looking for something to help get me motivated again and that is it.
any way. i have a plan to try and help with TOM cravings. evertime i give in i am going to walk an extra mile. the way i look at it i have 2 choices give in and gain alot more weight then nesscory or enjoy it and work a little harder to keep it in check..

another good thing i did 3 miles in 32 minutes. i am not complaining at all. April is now half over and i have knocked off about 5 minutes on the 3 miles now takes me about 35-40 minutes to do. Tonight kayden was saying faster mom faster. cute little encouragement.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #49  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

TTTA--How's your back now? Hopefully better.

Mrsaugie--Ditto gg on the quotes. I think I may steal them for my inspiration book. That's awesome about your 3 mile time. Good job!

gg--I only have two things left to do for school then on to the next one. Work is still hectic but I do find ways to take care of myself at work too. I always take an hour for lunch even if it kills me. I think its necessary. I listen to my music a lot too.

Well I made it to Day 20 so I do get a reward. I plan to purchase some skincare products. So today is Day 22 and I feel really good. Despite the stress I still haven't binged. Really proud of myself for that.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #50  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Elyn - I didn't know you were across the pond!! I haven't had anything from the Bordeaux region FOREVER. We did just pick up a very fun Rioja this weekend. They are very hard to find where I live.
How did you like the Rioja?
Since you obviously love champagne, I have to ask you if you can get Russian champagne over there. They are quite cheap and surprisingly good. They used to be on the sweet side, but now dry ones are widely available and almost taste like those from France.
I hope you get to drink your champagne soon.

Cheers.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 04-15-2008 at 07:09 PM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #51  

Shay- My back is better, thanks! Now my body is making these obnoxious popping sounds. It's really fun when we are doing a listening activity in class and the room is silent- it grosses my students out! I'm still sore, but not so much that I can be a big baby...

Mrsaugie- are you a runner?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls - sorry I ahven't been on in a few days! Work just got increasingly CRAZY! I'll make it through somehow!

GG - THAT'S AWESOME that you're down so much this week! I'm not counting this week - as TOM has finally decided to show up (9days late) but I'm still working out - walking at least a mile everyday. Yesterday I did a 1 mile JOG video - first time EVER and is kicked my BUTT!!!

Oh and I feel you on the taxes - i got mine done at 9:30 yesterday morning. Oh well - it's on time to me!

I'm workign form home today - and I'm completely unmotivated to do ANYTHING! It SUCKS! i know I have to get my a** in gear and get this stuff done! It's just SO time consuming right now! AHH!

Ok - I'll check in later - i need to go find something for lunch.

&
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #53  
this is my time

ttta-- no i am not really a runner. it is just very easy to hit that pace on the gazelle.

any way today is my day off from exercising it is house cleaning day. but that is not really happening either it is to nice to be in doors. i am spending most of the afternoon outside playing with Kayden.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #54  

Huh- we have gazelles at the Y- maybe I will try it tomorrow!

Hey Shay- I think I had my first binge free day today! It was a day of interesting conversations with myself. They went something like this:

Hey, are you going to eat that? Well, I was thinking about it. Are you hungry? Well, no, I guess not, but it tastes good! So, wouldn't it be better to have some later, when you are hungry? Huh, I guess I won't die if I don't have it now... You know, it's not like you can never eat it again!

My new strategy- ask myself if it will kill me to do certain things, like pass up food or hit the gym. Perspective, right?

Hang in there girls! It's almost the weekend! I have serious spring fever- it was 80 degrees yesterday and snowed today... *sigh*
Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #55  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

TTTA--Great job! It definitely takes a lot of talking to yourself and being really conscious about what you are putting in your mouth. It is also really important to truly eat what is that you want to or you may never feel satisfied. That scares some people because they don't trust themselves. I haven't gone over the deep end. Matter of fact I eat healthier now. If you can't trust yourself who can you trust?

When I get a chance I plan to post in my blog under IE "What I've learned about myself doing IE". I also plan to post it in the IE thread. I need to work on it because I've learned a lot which I truly appreciate because being self aware is extremely important on this journey.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #56  
this is my time

well today was not so good at work. it was long and aggravating. any way on the way home i stopped at the store and bought 2 pizzas for super one for me and kiddo and one for travis when he gets home tonight and i also peanut squares. cake covered in frosting and peanuts. they are my weakness. haven't eatten it yet that is the key word. it is so tempting everytime i walk into the kitchen to grab afork and eat away.

ttta-- i forgot to mention it may take alittle balance and some practice on the gazelle. but once you have the hang of it it is esasy to do. jusst find the rythme.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

TTTA - Sounds like you're feeling better?? Awesome job avoiding overeating. It's huge to get a handle on that.

Mrsaugie - I laughed when I read your post. I picked up a pizza for the kidos tonight. DH is going fishing. It's a small world, isn't it??

Elyn - I've only had 2 Rioja's. One I hated, one I loved. The one we bought is light, smooth . . . it's the perfect summer time red. I've never had Russian champagne, but I do have a very good friend from Russia. She and I had Moet & Chandon at New Years. I miss her very much. She lives in NYC. My mom, grandmother, and my sister took me to lunch to day for my birthday. (Which was last month.) We had Proseco for the first time. Yummm. It's an Italian Sparkling wine. It was fun.

Hope everybody is doing well. I'm still pushing the edge of the envelope until Just Beachy starts!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 04-17-2008 at 09:14 PM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #58  
this is my time

let the spring and early summer businessnes begin. yesterday i had a wedding to go to. next weekend i have a baby shower or move my sister do not know which i will do i guess it depends on if i have to work or not. my sister currently lives hour and a half from me now and is moving closser to 4-5 hours from me. the weekend afterthat i ahave a bridal shower. end of may i have a 50th anniversary and then finally mid June i have one more wedding.

now is the time to really start juggle summer and keeping one track and i just wanted to say good luck to everyone on that one. i know i will more than likely fall off for a little while at least between now and the middle of June.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quick check in girls - not a lot to report - because I've been VERY Bad this weekend! Tuesday's weigh in may go HORRIBLE!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #60  

Hi girls! I spent the day at the zoo with my husband. It was so nice! The sky was crystal clear, the day was warm- BRING ON SUMMER! The seniors only have 20 days of school left- which means I only have 6 weeks. I am about ready to start a countdown clock.

I had a day of eating out- and didn't go crazy! It was great! We had Famous Dave's BBQ- and I still held it together. Yippee!

Enygirl- you always seem to come out okay- I have total faith you weren't as bad as you say...

Have a great week ladies!