3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Ultimate Goal Challenge--April (Month 5) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/138622-ultimate-goal-challenge-april-month-5-a.html)

Shay 04-01-2008 07:45 AM

Ultimate Goal Challenge--April (Month 5)

Everyone is welcome. There are no specific rules. Post early and post often. The main purposes for this thread are support and to report progress. The goal of the challenge is for you as an individual to meet your "ultimate goal". I wish you the best on this journey and I will be here to support you along the way.

We have a small dedicated group but we would love for more people to join us!

Shay 04-01-2008 07:51 AM

March Successes

POUNDS LOST
ggmugsy--3.8 lbs :carrot:
TTTA--1.8 lbs :)
Shay--2 lbs :D

NSV
TTTA--Friend noticing waist :bravo:
Shay--Despite a lapse when you add it all up I had 21 binge free days during March :cheer2:
Enygirl--Wearing size 14s :cp:

Enygirl 04-01-2008 08:49 AM

Good morning girls - Just to add to the NSVs - I'm officially comfortable in a 14! People at work keep making comments about me getting "tiny" and that is all good!

I'm not sure about any loss - I didn't weigh in at the beginning of March - or this morning. Which is another NSV - I'm No longer a slave to the scale! :yay:

For this month - I'm going to be focusing on inches lost and not pounds. I'd LOVE to drop into a 12 soon! It's an evil motivation - but that's the size my Dad's wife is... and since my first motivation was to be smaller then my mom (when I started we were the same size) and I've accomplished that - AND gave her all my "fat" clothes ;) It's time to move onto someone else. :devil:

I know.. I know.. I'm a little evil - but it's not like I rub their face in it.. only secretly, and to my sister.. who by-the-way is next on the list after Leann.

I want to be in single digit clothing!!!

jusalilbabefat 04-01-2008 09:04 AM

My April goal is to be 213lbs. I think its attainable. My first mini goal is actually 210lbs so by the end of the month I'd only be three pounds away. WooHoo! Right now I'm at 219.

ggmugsy 04-01-2008 11:47 AM

jusalilbabefat - Welcome to our group!!

Shay - 21 binge free days in a month is a HUGE accomplishment!! I'm SO PROUD of you. And you're down 2 pounds. Whoo-hoo!!!!

TTTA - Awesome job!! You broke through that darned plateau!! ;)

Enygirl - You CRACK me up!! I'm glad you have your step-mom as a target, but WHAT ABOUT ME??? lol!!!!! Have you abandoned our rivalry??

I'm totally cool with you guys never weighing in if you don't want to. I just love the support of our little group.

I have three goals: I REALLY want to end the Watch Me Bloom challenge at 175.0 or LOWER. I have until next Monday to do it.

My 2nd goal is to drink LESS ALCOHOL. I'm not drinking a ton, but I know it's empty calories that slows down my metabolism. I think I'll keep track of every glass of wine and try to not exceed a total number of glasses for the month. Hummm . . . still working on this. Taxes are due in 2 weeks and that's always a high-wine consumption time!! lol.

I'm also changing my workout goals to burning 500 calories per day. 35 AP's per week. Once I got my HRM and knew how many calories I was REALLY burning, 49 seemed crazy. Unattainable. I just don't have 2 hours to work out every day. It became overwhelming.

It's the start of a new month! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

mrsaugie, TTTA, what are you goals for the month???

TimeToTryAgain 04-02-2008 01:38 AM

Hi jusalilbabefat! Welcome to our happy group!!

Good job last month girls! It's cool to see everyone be successful! I credit you guys- I couldn't do this without my nightly check-ins...

mrsaugie- where are you?

April Mini-Goals:

1. NO SODA. period. ever. not even a little bit...
2. 15 workouts
3. By Shay's definition, I will track "binge-free days." I'll start there, I'm not sure of a quantitative measure, but awareness will be my first step!

Shay 04-02-2008 07:35 PM

Hi everyone,
I've been feeling bad because I've been busy and haven't had a chance to post. But it looks as if everyone else is really busy too so that makes me feel better.

We are all doing fantastic! I definitely agree with TTTA--I couldn't do it without ya'll. Your support is very much appreciated.

Today is Day 9 binge free so I will go ahead and order my computer games. I think my next reward will be an ice tea maker.

Goals:
1. work on getting my water in--always a struggle. I did just buy some Crystal Light on the go packs so that will help.
2. get 6-7 hours of sleep each night
3. and of course remain binge free

Welcome jusalilbabefat!

Enygirl 04-02-2008 07:48 PM

Oh no gg - you are TOTALLY on the list! But you are a healthy rivalry - not one carved out of spite... however spite seems to work for me to get off my butt and do it!

Good news is - I'm COMPLETELY ON PLAN today! I'm making a new commitment to myself and an exercise ticker. I haven't decided which video I'm going to start with - but I've committed that I'm going to follow through w/ one video for an entire 6 days straight - and then re-measure and see how many inches I've lost

Oh and GG - I'm still weighing in on the 22nd - so don't worry too much! I'll be catching up soon!! :D

mrsaugie 04-02-2008 07:56 PM

I'm here i'm here. my computer did not like me yesterday. any way a new month a new set of goal. I am still hoping to at least be in the 160s by end of May. the exercising was really good last month i want to keep it up and also try to do 3 miles in 30 minutes. i can do that now in about 40-45 minutes. i also want to start to drink more water than i currently am.
weight for end of April will be around 170.

girlieyorkie 04-03-2008 09:11 AM

:congrat:Congrats to all who have lost some weight and those with NSV.

Sadly, I don't have any good thing to report:(
I gained 4 lbs. while I was on my Easter Vacation:mad:, so I have to pick up the pieces and try again.

I want to be 150# by the end of this month.
I will try to exercise at least for 30mins. 6X a week, and count calories every single day.

Have a great day everyone.

ggmugsy 04-03-2008 11:39 AM

mrsaugie - you and I weigh about the same!! 160's in May sounds right up my alley. Would you mind if I join you in this goal?? 3 miles in 30 minutes sounds like jogging/running. You can keep that goal to yourself. ;)

Elyn - don't feel bad. My husband gained 7 pounds last weekend!! He was a total piggy/piggy. :) Ohhhh . . . to be 150 . . . what a dream.

Here's my confession: All my talk about a new month and new goals . . . when I think about not drinking wine it freaks me out. It's my binge of choice. I drank 4 glasses of wine Monday night. It was a binge. A total binge. I had a headache all day yesterday. I'm frustrated with this plateau. I feel WW is partly to blame and I kind of tanked emotionally but I'm okay now.

My DH has been really great through this. He helps me with get through the emotional aspect and my fear of failure.

Monday when I wrote my goals I figured if I averaged 1.5 glasses of wine per day it would be 1.5 x 30 (days in April) = 45 glasses of wine. Holy cow!! That's 15 bottles of wine in a month. That is LESS than I'm drinking now. A bottle of wine has 512 calories x 15 = 7,680 empty, metabolism reducing calories. I had no idea. I'd never done the math. I wasn't even going to write this here because I'm ashamed. I didn't think 1 - 2 glasses of wine (usually 2) a day would amount to so much.

So, that's my story. Keepin' it real!!

fascinatingmom 04-03-2008 04:42 PM

my April challenge is to lose 15 lbs by may 3 ( 1 month from now)

do at least 30 mins. of aerobic exercise 4 times a week

go to the gym 3 times a week

walk for a hour 2 days a week

try to cut back on soda!!

Come on i know we can do it ladies!!!:carrot::carrot:

girlieyorkie 04-03-2008 05:58 PM

ggmugsy~ I also love red wine, I have a glass (1 serving)with my dinner every day.
What type of wine do you prefer? How many ml. do you have in a glass?
I believe that a bottle of wine (750 ml.)is for 6 servings at 125ml. per glass. So if you have 2 servings daily, a bottle should last for 3 days, and you will be consuming 10 bottles a month. I'm not trying to correct your math, I'm just trying to say that we always tend to make our servings bigger.
I always consider a can of soda as 1 serving, but in reality I believe it is considered 2 servings. There you go~ that's probably why I'm gaining instead of losing weight.:(
Cheers:wave:

TimeToTryAgain 04-03-2008 07:52 PM

Welcome fascinatingmom!

Hey gg- there are major health benefits to drinking a glass of wine a day. What if you bought a specific glass that is a little smaller, and allow yourself a glass every day without guilt? I am doing that with mini-snickers, and it works like a dream! The worst thing you can do is cut the thing you love the most.

We've almost made it to the weekend!! I'm off to the gym- have a good night!!

Shay 04-03-2008 08:05 PM

Welcome fascinatingmom!

ggmugsy--I agree with TTTA. You put something on the off limits list you want it more and will binge on it more.

Today is Day 10 so I happy about that. I had one bottle of water yesterday. Not good. I've had a bottle and a half today. I will work on trying to get more in.