Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls! Not a whole lot to report - other than I'm doing really good. I'm staying OP - and walking at least a mile everyday. I feel SO good right now! I know that I'm catching up GG - maybe not quickly - but you better watch out!

Ok - here's some a and thew quote "As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Gothe

Here's to warmer weather - more exercise - better choices - and GETTING HEALTHY!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Enygirl - Come on!!! Keep-a-coming!!!

I discovered the Nalley's Vegetarian Chili today. YUMMY!!

I also found those awesome Rider's pants with tummy control at Wal-Mart for less than $17. Whoo-hoo!! Bought two pairs of denim capris. Had to buy 14's, but that's fine cuz the 12's looked WAY too small.

I figure if I keep buying spring clothes, spring will HAVE to get here soon.

I'm OP, working out, and am on track and focused on the 160's.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #33  

I'm SO tempted to weigh in tomorrow - just to see the progress.. I don't "want" to though - i need to not be a slave to the scale - and focus on the inches. The 22nd is soon enough... right??? *sigh*
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #34  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone,
Today is Day 16th. Still doing well despite being extremely busy and exhausted.

Enygirl--You are doing great with this no weighing thing. Not me but the good thing is its on the weigh down so I am seeing positive things when I step on the scale.

gg--Thanks!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Good job girls! It sounds like everyone is doing well!

Shay- you are my new hero! I think 16 binge-free MEALS would be tough- I think I'm at 2 so far... hee hee! I can't imagine 16 days! But, its getting easier, and I am getting closer to noticing the point that I go past comfortably full a lot sooner. I'll get there.

I had a skinny day today, and I did a really good cardio workout this morning and great weights workout tonight! Yippee!

Stay warm- if your weather is anything like mine, it's going to be wet and crappy...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #36  
My Evolution

gg--I will have to try out the veggie chili. Slowly but surely I am becoming a flexatarian (sometimes eat fish, chicken, and turkey). Not purposely but just in the food choices I make.

TTTA--It has been hard. Now that I am recognizing when I am satisfied or full I am seeing a small but important difference on the scale. It is so freeing not to have any off limit foods. I know you can do this. Do what you can. No pressure.

Today is Day 18. So two days from another reward. It will be skin care products or perfume.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #37  

Shay - it's good to have you back! 18 days - that's AWESOME! I'm on day 1 again today Yesterday was chocked full of food.. as a matter of fact 4 full meals! ... TOM's looming arrival isn't helping a bit - and the fact that he's 4 days late is just plain irritating!

TTTA - Don't you just skinny days??? I DO!!

Things today are good - other then being COMPLETELY emotional! I walked the "long way" to pick up DD from school - 1.8 miles. I'm glad that the rain held off until we got back! We had Severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings! The rain started about 15 minutes after Hunter and I got home!

Tomorrow I'm walking the 3FC 5K. Right now there's a little over 200 people signed up. - Which is AWESOME!! I'm in the "Semi-Elite (walking) can't get away from the kids so DD will ride her bike next to me" category. My goal is to beat my time from January of 52:59. I'm sure I can do it. I mapped out the neighborhood already too!

Alright - it's time to play Polly Pockets... I'll be back on later!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #38  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Alright so i my exercising has been pretty good. i have yet to do 3 in 30. i am however getting closer to that goal. i would love to do that for the first time in the 3FC 5K i am still hoping for at least one nice day this weekend so maybe i can do it outside for the first time this year Sunday is looking like a possibility. i have not weighed my self yet will do that when i feel the time is right.

on a side note i am getting into a feeling like i might as well just give up because i feel like no matter how hard i try i am getting nowhere on the weight loss. on the other hand though people are noticing it. Odd.

any way it is time for little man (Kayden my son) to go to bed.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Mrsaugie - Don't get discouraged. If people are noticing then you're doing SOMETHING right!! You may be building muscle while you are losing fat so the scale won't be changing, but your clothes will be getting bigger.

When I get on a plateau I feel like it's my body fighting me. My body says, "Oh yeah??? You think you want to lose weight? You think you're making REAL changes?" And I have to get mad and kick its bootie and slam it against the wall . . . "Yeah!!! I'm SERIOUS about this . . . not let go of that fat!!!"

Drama . . . yup!!!

A friend of mine that lost 50 pounds this last year just gave me her "fat" clothes. I can barely get on the biggest pants. BUT . . . at least something fit. The size 8's look TEENY, TINY!! I'm hoping all the shorts (size 12) fit well this summer. A couple of the pairs I can get zipped, but I would NO WAY go out in public in them! lol

Shay - Good for you!!! I had a plumping lip gloss in my cart today at Shopko and it didn't make it home with me. Have you tried one??

TTTA - Ahhh . . . skinny days. I love them.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #40  

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!

Mrsaugie - DON'T GIVE UP!!! If people are noticing then a difference is being made! PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY - shove it in a closet - don't look at it again for a month - keep working your butt off - lose the inches - then drag it out as a curiosity , not as a measurement of success!

GG - don't you love "used to be fat" friends that give you clothes? I would be running around naked if it wasn't for the girls at work! I'm still trying to get into the 12s & 14s... some of the 14s fit - but not as well as I would like... well actually I'd like the 14s to fall off -but that's going to take awhile

Ok - I have to get ready to go roller skating w/ DD - so here's the Motivational quote for the day:

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Keep it going girls..... &

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-12-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #41  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Elyn - I have HUGE red wine glasses. I think you and I need to get together and enjoy some really good vino!! Reds are my favorite. Cabernet, Shiraz, Merlot. I like some whites, too. A buttery chardonnay can really hit the spot. I'm a champagne NUT!! Moet & Chandon is my fave.
Reds are my favorite too. Cabernet, Merlot, Bordeaux. Prefer French and Pomerol region is a fave. I love Chardonnay also. Not so keen on champagne, great with appetizers, but not with main dish.
Would be nice if we can get together and enjoy some good wine. Problem is, we live in 2 different continents.
So if you will be visiting Europe one day~ let me know.

Last time I've been Stateside was 3 years ago.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #42  
My Evolution

Hi everyone,
I am freaking exhausted. I want to do nada! Thank goodness I only have to focus on my paper tomorrow. I may go to the grocery store but I doubt it. I will be hibernating.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #43  

Shay - what's got you so tired?

Things on this end are good.
I still haven't weighed in - Still have 9 days until that... BUT today was measurement day - and I lost another 3.25" this week! I've lost a total of 4.75" since January.. which is good. Not as much as I'd like - but I know I bounced WAY up again (especially since I was knocking on the #170's door - and then went back up to the #190's!!!)

I'm working on losing more now... .5" last week - 3.25" this week - I can hit my size goal in NO time if I can keep this up!!!

I'm going to finish up some projects that I'm working on. and then do my walk. I'm also going to down some water - I've been slacking on that this weekend!

OK girls - here's today's quote:

Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track.

& for all!

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-13-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #44  
My Evolution

Enygirl--Between work & school I've been exhausted. Part of the problem I know is I am a procrastinator.

Today is Day 20. So I will get another reward once the day is up and I make it through w/o bingeing.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #45  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i do not plan on giving up. i don't really weigh myself too often as it is but every time that i do i feel like i see no change. I do plan on weighing in next weekend. and i do know that there is more muscle under the fat then i really think. The other day my husband (Travis) was poking at my stomach and ask if i was tensing up a i told him no. his response was the it felt like it to him.

thanks for the encouragement i did need it.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote