Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Oh, HT, that totally does suck. Any chance your DH doesn't know how upset this is making you?

I'm sitting in front of my cpomputer for the foreseeable future, working on some grad school work that is due . . . three months ago. Unfortunately not kidding. My professor is very understanding but I got an email from him yesterday that asked when I was planning on turning things in.

Worked out again this morning, a strength training video. I may do some cardio later if I need a break from paper writing.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #47  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Oh yeah...had the discussion with him. He says that they discussed me first and that eventually it came down to the decision that I didn't need to go b/c we'd have to take 2 cars b/c of the dog...i hate kenneling him. I cried the last time i did, and it was b/c I had to fly home for my grandpa's funeral...not for my grandpa did i cry...then again i'd spent 4 months with the dog...DH was in afghanistan so i was leaving my best friend

So because they didn't even want to ASK if i wanted to come, I wasn't even considered....and they've decided to go. He asked if I did want to go....but I've spent most of my life being the tagalong. That's what it made me feel like....like i was second choice.

I wouldn't be so upset if it was a boy's weekend but it's not.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #48  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

HT ~ Sorry but is there ANYTHING good about your husband? Cause he always sounds like a stupid jerk to me.

I didn't get to go to my fitness assessment. My BFF texted and told me that she and her co workers had gotten robbed. She works at this bakery in a really upcrust neighborhood back home, the police think it's a inside job cause they knew EXACTLY when to strike: just when one of the employees was locking the door for the day. Also, they knew that the employees had gotten paid yesterday cause not only did they take the money out the register, they took the money from the employees! How many robbers do that? Not many. Usually they just get the register and safe, ya know? Add on to that, the bakery is surrounded by other stores that make more profits and a freaking police station is around the corner! So the thieves must have known the area and how things were done. They weren't that smart though: the police caught one immediately and he spilled the other guy's name. Unfortuantely, the other guy was the one with the money and they haven't found him yet. My friend was freaked, not cause they got robbed but because they took her money $45, ALL she had and MY money for my title loan that I had sent her! I calmed her down and reminded her that it could have been worse: besides the fact that they could have killed them, at least she didn't have the money I sent her for rent on her. She had already dropped it off. So they just took her tip money and my title loan money. She can make the tips again tomorrow and I will just send another $50.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #49  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

omg that's awful!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad she's ok!!

sometimes he has good days. my feelings are still pretty hurt though..
Old 01-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

HolyT...my heart goes out to you as well. Men are such jerks. My boyfriend was going over to another guys house, again last night for some little party, and he never asked if i wanted to go. When i finally told him that i felt like he didn't want me to hang out with him and his friends, since he never invites me along, he told me all i had to do was tell him that it hurt my feelings and that i'd like to be asked and THEN i could decide if i wanted to go. Luckily talking to him seem to work. He said from now on , he would make sure to invite me and then let me decide if I want to go or not. He said he didn't realize it bothered me. He said he just didn't think i'd want to go. (I'm not much of a partier. I go to bed at 10pm every night and he doesn't even leave for the parties until about 11pm.)

JL...you're so right to remind your friend that it could have been worse. I'm glad all they took was her money. And thankfully, she didn't have alot on her at the time. I'm so sorry that it happened but so glad your friend is okay.

I am having a good day today. I am back down to 136.0!!! I am sooooo freaking happy. It definately makes it easy for me to stay on plan now because i feel like i am actually accomplishing something!! Yay!!!

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'll try to get back on later today and tomorrow. I am at work, suppose to be working in the file room for some OT but i had to stop in here first. Guess i better go get to work!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #51  
QuiltButts

S/C/G: 257/236/185

Height: 5.5

JL - Glad your friends ok. I hope the owners take the steps to help prevent this in the future.

HT - speaking from 18 yrs exp, relationships require compromise, but just from your last couple posts it sounds like you are doing the compromising. A couple's getaway to FL, and he's part of it? Big red flags. You hang in there hon, marriage ain't for wussies!

It is hard to get away with a dog. Last overnighter we did was camping in Maine and she loved that.

W - 36 oz so far - I notice that the amount of my hunger and eating is up when my water is down - DUH!
E - yummy veggie omelete w/ toast for BF, pretzel sandwich for lunch.
E - are we counting housework?
D - I had fun playing with my little sim people this morning until I accidentally let one burn to death.
quiltbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #52  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Apparently his friend could pick a friend, and his friend's wife could pick a friend. Supposedly I was suggested to go with DH but since we have the dog it would be inconvenient...we'd have to take 2 cars and that's not convenient for a weekend away with friends.

Ever since we moved here (his friend was already out here) I've been a tagalong....especially when it's him and his wife. The three of them knew each other years ago before they joined the USAF. But I've been a part of his life for almost 9 years now, and for them to dismiss me immediately...well that really hurts. Plus, I have no idea anything about his wife's friend's guest. Female I imagine. Do they have sleeping arrangements planned yet? no. I remember last year my ex bf from college was near here for a convention (he lives back in TX) and DH said "sure go ahead and visit...I wanna stay home and drink." Well the ex chickened out....he had suggested we could go to the bar and drink.

DH later said he was glad that my ex chickened out....alcohol makes people make bad decisions. He's a good one to talk.

My head hurts LOL
Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

HT - Quiltbutts has that right, marriage is not for wussies. I have been married for almost 20 years and it's tough, but he needs to be much more reasonable. There is no way on God's Earth that I could tolerate what you are describing in your posts. He has to think of something besides himself. If you can't go, then he should not be going with his BFF and BFF's wife and another female friend. That's just begging for trouble. It sounds like maybe you would have chosen not to go anyway with the dig, but, like Lumi says, he darn straight ought to ask!!

JL, Sorry you missed your appt, but certainly sounds like your friend needed you more.
Lumi 136!
Grazer - Was today a better sweetfree day?
Jen it sounds like your professor is great, we know what your "d" in WEED is!

W Did ok today, have been at YS wrestling tourney since yesterday afternoon, keep refilling my bottle and taking it back to the bleachers!
Yesterday I had 3 L before tourney (worked until 3) and then another L at the tourney, today only 2 L so far, need to get to 3 minimum
E got on the treadmill at the hotel this am before the boys got up, 30 minutes of alternate running and walking! Followed by many hours of bleacher butts.
E Pretty OP, did have 2 forks of hash browns at breakfast, other than that, been right OP.
D days is almost over, just grateful for all. Son did well is his tourney. Bested a wrestler who had pinned him previously, so all was right in his world, thus, all was right in mine too!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #54  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi All & Welcome quiltbutts! (LOVE the nic!)

Just watched Wildcard Saturday Football in a vegetative couch potato state - Steelers lost but a GREAT game! Love me some play-offs.

Have been struggling gals - but determined to stick with & keep Posting.

W: You feel your best when you drink it Lil Miss Dehydrated!

E: You feel your best when you do some Aud-Potato!

E: You feel your best when you eat portion-controlled & OP - Miss Mindless Smarty Farty!

D: All shall be well.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #55  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i went over to a friend's for dinner and we had a pretty good time. i dunno, whatever i ate today made my tummy do really mean stuff. I just had some aspirin and some propel water. hopefully i'll feel better soon. I'm hanging in...it just gets tough sometimes. I have a tendancy to nag and complain, so that's why you guys don't hear the good things about DH. This particular issue really bothers me. Probably why i have maintained the headache all day long.

i did manage to get some of my supplements in today. Not all of them, but some. I guess I'll spend tomorrow cooking and getting ready for the week. Gotta get back on track and working real hard again.

Who was it that mentioned the fittv program with the bellydancing??
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

That was me HT! I think it was called "Shimmy"
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #57  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Ohhh I thought so! I checked out the clips on the website...I am going to set up my DVR to record them

We got into the show! I just don't know if it'll be saturday or sunday...so i've got alot of work to do to get rid of some of this flubber

Thanx for the input ladies. I can't always talk to my mom about DH. The last time I did she yelled at me and said "HE'S NOT FATHER MATERIAL"

I had to remind her that my own wasn't either so what's new?

But I appreciate all your thoughts. I feel a little better today.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #58  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks everyone. Nik (my BFF) is cool. She's a G so she wasn't really bothered by actually getting robbed, it's the fact that they took my money. It does makes things a little more difficult for me but whatever. **** happens.

HT ~ Maybe your mama's right. Or maybe we're all missing some great thing about him. I mean, 9 years? Got to be something right? *shrugs*
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #59  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

yup.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #60  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday WEED'ers!

Prolly gonna get WED today -- The "E" for eating is not gonna happen til tomorrow - first full week after the Holiday Abandon.

Glad Nik is hanging in there jlea! Could have turned out so differently! Sounded like an "inside" job to me - wish the biz would reimburse her though - kind of like a bonus payment that she wasn't hurt in the robbery?

Can only tell you from my life experience - that nothing gets better with a baby holyT - just like how nothing gets better with marriage. I was 7 years into a relationship when we had my now 21 yr old - and all the things that I hated b4 the baby got magnified tenfold when he treated our dd the same, ya know? I had "put up" with a lot when it was just ME - but didn't put up with it when it came to the innocent baby. You prolly already know this - just putting my 2 cents in.

Congrats on your loss & focus lumi! Keep ROCKING US ON!

Shout-Outs to everyone else -

The Play Offs have been GREAT . . . but I'm now a chili & beer filled vegetable . . . getting out in the unseasonably WARM MO day now . . ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote