Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #16  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

G'Mornin Weedies! Oh my is it after noon already!?!? I love my kids let me sleep in....they're so busy with all their new toys, they don't even pay me any attention. I've been sick! Some head/chest cold thing. I get it every year right around Christmas and it usually hangs around til around my birthday, Feb 10th. I usually lose my voice, lucky for the husband, not so lucky at work! We shall see how this one plays out. I was so blah yesterday, I laid around and slept all day, and when I got up, DH had taken down all the holiday decorations! YAY! I hate, hate, hate taking down that stuff. It's fun to put up, but I hate putting it all away. It's nice to have the house back to normal though!

So feeling cruddy, yesterday I only ate one French bread pizza around 5 and oreos and milk at bedtime. NOT on plan, obviously, but that's really all I ate yesterday. This morning I've already had some wt. control oatmeal with skim milk, 4 oz orange juice and already 24 oz water. So I'm on my way! I have to get to the grocery store this afternoon and stock up on healthy foods. I think I'll make stuffed green pepper soup for dinner tonight. I work tonight too, so I'll pack some of that in my lunch too.

W- 4-5 liters
E- no formal exercise today, with this cold and work tonight. I hope to hit the gym tomorrow after I wake up before I get the kids from daycare.
E- Green pepper soup for dinner, salads? fruit?
D- Pay the bills, grocery shop with whatever's left over. Put the Christmas toys away, get the house back in order. Feel better! Take my cold medicene!

I'm all in for the baby steps today. I'll be happy just to eat perfectly on plan today. Get my water in, eat right, be happy. I'll exercise when I feel better and the kids go back to school. So for now, just the eating and water. Baby steps. Got it.

New Years Eve here was kind of boring...again, I've been sick, we didn't make any real plans, so we went to the in-laws where they laid out a huge buffet and we played cards and board games with his sisters/their husbands. I just wanted to go back to bed but we had a lot of fun. And of course I ate too much.

Oh yes, off to create the St. Patty's day ticker.

Love to you all, let's get MOTIVATED! xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #17  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Ok scale said 204.9. That's actually down from i guess Monday. I'll take it. I wasn't trying much but that's ok...like I said, I'll take it and run with it. That will be where I start
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

sorry i've been missing...don't have internet at home and the boyfriends is soooooo feaking slow that by the time i get to the thread i want....it freezes up!!! I don't know what is wrong with his computer. it used to never be like that.

Holidays are not treating me as well as i had hoped...and on top of that...TOM is here. So this morning my scale said 141. I don't know how true that is at the moment...so i am back on plan today and hopefully by Friday i'll see more of what my weight is at the moment.

But i had a great new years eve. I loved how good i looked in my pics this year.

My WEED for today:
W 64 ounces
E 1200 calories
E hopefully get some sweats and hit the gym
D one day at a time....stay on plan.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #19  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Returning to work tonight . . . Returning to WEEDie-ness NOW!

Hey gals! I've been soooo sick too nchelle - just an achy all over - sore throat - head & chest bug that is haaaanging on. BLAH! Wish I was the type to quit eating when this sick - Unfortunately, triggers a comfort food avalanche.

Tx for keeping us going over the holidays jlea! It was great catching up on everyones news this morning over coffee - Posted some "Big Picture" goals in the Goal Thread - great idea - glad you thought of it.

Had to smile when you mentioned your DH in the "garage" holyT . . . that's exactly where mine spent NYE with a couple of neighbors *eye roll* shrug* . . . I was sick & hosting a sleep over with the ten year old DD & friends - making play dough & playing a creepy game called "Mall Madness" - Happy New Year, eh? BUT . . . we had a great New Years Day & evening with a "date." Hope that your relationship has some ups along with the downs?

Did we lose tonia in the switch to Week 1? Get back in here girl - the Challenge has begun & the game is afoot! We've got two music teachers - we MUST HAVE your math science teaching abilities to make it thru St. Pats!!!!!

Sending out hugs to everyone - so glad you're all here!
nchelle/jenmusic/mmavis/grazer/lumi/musicT/jcat/jlea/holyT/

Hope I'm not missing anyone(???)

Ready to Just Do This . . . Gonna w/i tonight - and again Friday - will change ticker accordingly - and KNOW that it'll be UPUPUP.

W: Reintroduce yourself to this brand new beverage, auddie!

E: Walking & Light Weights

E: Reintroduce yourself to some foods that aren't composed of 5,000 grams of simple sugar & starches, auddie!

D: Maybe you've mastered "not beating yourself up" a bit TOO WELL GF!!! Hmmmm . . . FOOD for thought.

ETA: Think my hugs streeeeetttccchhed the board - trying to correct.

Last edited by aud; 01-02-2008 at 02:33 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #20  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

sometimes it's good. it's not always bad. im picky, i like things done my way, and the fact that he WON'T be a responsible adult when I want to be stupid doesn't help. He tried telling me the other night that putting the dog food into large ziplocs (keeps the ants out of the kibble) is a 2 person job. I told him that he was wrong...that EVERY job in the house is a one person job, I know it cuz I've done them all. Just wish he'd grow up. I should be thankful we have no children.

My head's thumpin pretty bad right now. Somebody went and got fast food for lunch, I can smell the fries from here *whine*
Old 01-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #21  

Hang tight holyt.....fries are hard to resist but you can do it.

Good news....my boyfriend says he can swing by his apartment and drop off some sweats and a tshirt for me at work so i can go work out tonight. Yay!! I'm really happy about that. I really wanted to start off my new year the right way...by working out. I mean...yesterday i guess technically would have been the day to do it but i can't get anything done when i have the little ones and besides, the gym i'm sure was closed yesterday. But wednesdays are my perfect day to go to the gym because the kids have church so my gym time doesn't take away from my time with them. So far i am doing really good eating wise and drinking wise. I have logged EVERY little thing i have put in my mouth so far today...including about the 2 ounces of regular pepsi i put in my large diet pepsi cup. I only hope i really got the salad dressing calories right. I'd rather it be too high on my fitday than too low on my fitday and think i have more calories to eat than i do. My tummy is telling me it's almost yogurt time. Getting a little hungry.

Okay....good luck ladies. Hang tight...the day is half way over!!!! Hope everyone gets their excersizing in that has it planned for today!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Not good WEED day. I started off good until Dinner. My new slow cooker is exactly that. Started the darn thing this morning and by Dinner time- it still wasn't ready. That made me extremely contrary. So, I ate a sandwhich, two chocolates, and two pieces of Christmas Cake. Oh, that emotional eating. Hopefully, my binge Dinner time won't ruin what I had been doing all day.

WEED for Tomorrow:

W- 64 oz
E- No binging on sweets
E video
D- one day at a time

I'm off to do a video so I at least got two out of my three goals met!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #23  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Hang in there Grazer we all have those days.

I ignored the fries and worked out a little. got one heck of a headache right now so i'm shoveling down carrots and a fruit cup *sighs*

I need to do some grocery shopping but i don't want to in this condition. Don't know what's for dinner yet but I'm hoping it's something quick and easy.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #24  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

OMG what a crappy night at work. In fact, I'm here right now just long enough to tell you all~~~~~~~I've been a perfect angel so far today. No bad foods have passed these lips. And here at work, the holiday goodies are hanging on! I just ate some pretzels and a string cheese, I feel better, now I'm back to check on my patients. Then I brought stuffed pepper soup and an apple and a banana for the morning. I plan to visit the cafeteria for a big all veggie salad later. Personals if I ever get unburied from this mountain of work. Love to all....xoxoox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #25  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

ooh stuffed pepper soup...did you share that recipe before? I'll have to lookie and see if i have it from before. sorry you're havin a rough day. my head's thumpin again and it's making it real easy to go to bed in an hour....just take some meds and nitey nite. Been pretty good with food today, not as well on water but not completely terrible.

i had a roast beef sammich with swiss cheese tonight for dinner. I took a big roll and split it in half, took one slice of lite swiss cheese and quartered it. I put it on the bread and then two slices of roast beef. I toasted it in the toaster oven, then I put some light mayo and mustard on it. sorta squished it together to mix the mayo/mustard and pulled it back apart. I got full, felt like i ate more when i had 2 halfs of a sammich instead of one big one....kinda like a french bread pizza....

Mmmmmmmmmmmm french bread pizza.........omg i know what i'm gonna make tomorrow LOL well ok we'll see ROFL
Old 01-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #26  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Ditto on wanting the stuffed pepper soup recipe.

Food today was kind of crazy - one of my Chinese friends took me out to a restaurant and, true to the culture, over-ordered. The food was pretty oily, too, so all I've had since is a few Tums.

Did a video but didn't like it. Oh, well, at least it got done.

Gonna guzzle some water then continue to enter grades into the computer. See ya!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:54 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

OK, back to work yesterday. That helped my focus, except that there is still all kinds of candy laying around. Apparently, everyone brought it to work to get it out of the house. Just have to leave it alone!

W 3.5L was pretty much right on yesterday
E video this am, nothing outside today though, the high is in the single digits!
E OP, I have to work late today, asked hubby to start dinner and I'll bring home salad fixin's
D Reminding myself again, I work to live, I do not live to work.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #28  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

morning girls..............found the recipe from nchelle herself:
Stuffed Green Pepper soup
(I only make 1/2 this recipe, it's big!)

2 lb ground beef
1/2 med onion
6 cup water
8 beef bouillon cubes
2 cans tomatoes (28 oz each)
2 cups cooked rice
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
3 green peppers, chopped

In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle (I used my big saucepan/soup pot) cook ground beef and onion til the meat is brown and the onions tender, Drain. Add water, bouillon cubes, tomatoes, rice, seasonings. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on LOW for one hour. add chopped green pepper at the end, raise the heat back up and cook 10-15 min uncovered or until peppers are tender.

just found out DH is leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks. He stayed up all night playing his video game again. love how he waits til this morning to tell me. he could've told me last night. I didn't get my tree down, so that means I'm stuck taking it down and outside just like i had to go get it cuz he was a jerk. figures as much.

it's gonna be a long day....
Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #29  

HolyT....sorry about hubby....i guess just look at how peaceful it'll be with him gone for awhile. Maybe he'll come back and be a little better after missing you for 2 weeks.

NMichelle...work sure seems to pile up when you're gone, doesn't it??? Hope all went well food wise last night.

Mothermavis...we had the same thing happen. someone brought in a walmart bag full of candy in yesterday. I did good. I only had one caramel dot and put a couple in my drawer for emergencies. I like a peice of candy every now and then but mostly....i don't eat it. I finally cleaned out my drawer the end of last week and sent home a unopened bag of halloween m&ms with my boyfriend and gave our promotions guy a whole unopened bag of candy corns from halloween. I see candy at the stores and think i want it....so i buy it and then never open it. I still have a milky way sitting by my bed from about 4 or 5 months ago still unopened.

I did okay yesterday. When i got home from the gym, i was super hungry. Ate a handful of cheetos while waiting for my chicken breast to heat up in the microwave....only had one breast left at house, so i was still hungry afterwards. My house is soooooo bare. I can't wait to go shopping saturday. So....i ended up munching on probably about 3 chocolate chip cookies my girls made on new years eve night. I was down two pounds this morning from yesterday so drinking water yesterday must have really helped. I was down to 139 today. Hopefully, tomorrow morning i'll be down another pound or two...then i can get a better feel for what i really need to lose this month.

WEED for today:

W- 64 ounces
E- 1200 calories
E- may go to gym and at least jump on treadmill for 30 minutes.
D- stay focused on the prize.

By the way...I did make it to my gym class last night. Yay....my boyfriend found my gym bag and brought it to me. I hurt my hamstring near the end of the cardio section of the class so i left after 40 minutes of working out. But hey.....i got 40 minutes in. Yay!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #30  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Made it to the gym for the first time in . . . like, forEVAH . . . feeling sore but GREAT this morning! Got the late nighteatmyselftosleep munchies . . . gotta work on that in '08. Still trying to set my St. Paddy's goal but need an '08 calendar to think straight - LOL!

WEED'ing Up:

W: Did good yesterday - add a bit more today.

E: Made it to the weight room-HURRAH-lower body tonight & more walking!

E: Avoid the mindless munchies, aud!

D: All will be well & all will be well . . .

Going to go link to this Thread - see that tonia & other newbies haven't made it here yet . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote