Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Well girls - tomorrow is it.. it's the last day of the contest at work. I've lost over #12 since Sept. 21st. Not as good as i would like - but it's still good. and I'm doing better now that I've gotten into a groove. I know that I won't win first - but that's ok. It would be great to see something closer to the middle of the #180's tomorrow. It'd be nice to have less then #2 to go to reach my New Years Goal....

I'm still hoping to ring in the new year #15 lighter then the beginning of the journey (this time around) - but it is nice to look at the scale and see a #18something rather then a #19... o look at my ticker and see that I need to lost #50 something rather then #60 something... little steps.. little accomplishments. Stick with it girls!!! We can do this!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Shay: YES!! Neil is the one. Seems like gaining weight to get somebody else kicked off should have gotten HIM kicked off. JMHO. Thanks for letting me know.

Enygirl: 12 pounds is a LOT!! You never know . . . maybe whomever is beating you will binge on popcorn or something salty. Tee hee. Wicked me. I'm trying to lose 5 lbs by New Year's, too. I need to re-vamp my exercise. 30 minutes isn't enough. Starting today . . . I'm going to try to do at least 45 minutes. Hopefully 60. If those TBL contestants can do six hours a day I can at least do one.

I have one more quilt to finish and only two days to do it so I'd better get going!! I haven't planned my menu or done much shopping . . . tick tock . . . I feel I'm running behind all the time.

Did anybody see Kellie Pickler sing Santa Baby on the Today show yesterday? She was awesome! I would love to have her figure. Here's a link to a You Tube thing if you want to hear the song. No video, but I love her voice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dyApKl3c6NA

My sister and I are recording a Christmas album next year and I'm collecting song titles. I think Santa Baby needs to be on the list!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #78  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

I am already going to wright this week off for exercising. it did not happen once and probably will not happen until after xmas. I am really working on how much i am going to be eating until then. an the plus side i weighed myself this morning and was at 179. finally below 180 hopefully i will be able to stay there until Saturday or Sunday morning when i do my official weigh in.

Anyway if i do not get a chance to jump on anymore before X-mas i hope everyone has a good one

Stephanie
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #79  

well I lost the #1 that I gained last week.. so i'm back down to #187.3 - not too bad. I've noticed a pattern though - I gain every weekend.. I don't have a scale at home, but my Monday weight is alwyas up from Friday. I apparently need to do a better job when I'm at home!

I also think i'm getting a scale for Christmas - which will be very nice. If someone doesn't ge tit for me - then I'm buying one myself after Christmas. I'd love to be able to weigh in at home rather then the office... it's hard to find a place that's level and time when there aren't 50 people wandering around peeking. Plus It'd be nice to get an actual weigh in the buff rather than with winter clothes on! So on the 30th - my tickers may change to a new "official" weight... as I restart my continued journey
Old 12-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #80  

Enygirl: I can't imagine weighing in at work. Congratulations on losing that dreaded pound from last week!

I was bad yesterday. Didn't exercise. Found out in the afternoon my sister's lump was just a cyst. THANK GOD!! I was exhausted, probably from worrying, and poured myself a glass of wine while an old friend told me about his girlfriend being in the hospital with a ruptured spleen. Geez, is there no end to the medical drama around Christmas?? Then I poured another glass . . . then when my husband got home I bemoaned how much I still have to do before Christmas and poured . . . get this . . . ANOTHER glass. OMG.

Didn't have the energy to cook (hummm . . . let's see . . . I was too tipsy to cook!) so we went out for Mexican food. OMG. 3 shredded beef tacos (that weren't seasoned enough), rice & beans and approximately 18 chips with awesome pico de gallo. BAD. Salt laden. I'm going to try to work out a full hour today. Have a party tonight. Party begins with cocktails and then dinner. OMG. Is there no end to the holiday partying? Trust me, I didn't get my party girl reputation for nothing!!!

I'm not even upset about it. It's the Holidays and I've been doing really well with exercise and only moderately bad with food and/or wine. I'm going to just keep on keeping on and do the best I can each day without trying to kill myself.

One more quilt to finish. Can't wait for it to be done so I can focus on cooking and shopping.

Sending Merry Christmas vibes and lots of joyful thoughts out to all of you!!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #81  

gg - it does get to be burden some.. plus I'm convinced that anything I wera adds at least #5!

What kind of quilts do you make? I've made 2 in my whole sewing life (which has only been 2 1/2 years) I love doing it - but it's time consuming.. and time management isn't my strongest suit... hence I'm at work and typing on here My goal for the weekend is to just maintain... I'm allowing an additional 500 cals a day - but I still have 4 familiy Christmas gatherings to go to! I'm also requiring myself to up the water intake to 80 oz minimum from the 64 oz. it will keep me fuller longer It's all about tricking the mind to get through the holidays!

I feel you on the party girl rep.. that's me all the way! So now when i tell DBF that I "can't" drink with him - he gives me this "are you serious?" look... boys.. they just don't get it!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #82  

Enygirl: You quilt??? COOL!!! I started quilting in 1991 when I was pregnant with DS1 and went professional in 1999. I started a website that BOOMED when Yahoo picked up Google. I bought a longarm (industrial quilting machine) and then became a longarm dealer. I used to compete but haven't done that in about 4 years. I retired from selling machines in March.

I used to have a photo site with a bunch of pictures but I let it expire when I retired. I'd have to pay $20 to restore it. Gee, is it worth it?? I still have all the pics on my hard-drive. Here's a pic of a quilt I won 2nd place with in 2001: (http://www.fabrics.net/colpics/quiltshow/107.jpg) There used to be a pic of a wholecloth I took 1st place with but it isn't on-line anymore.

I just finished an allover wholecloth for my sister and a double wedding ring for our granddaughter, Emily. I'll post some pics maybe this weekend.

Did a full hour on the Treadclimber to make up for my lack of workout yesterday. It really wasn't too bad. I was sure glad to see that clock tick out 60:00 though!

I've been the party girl so long people just keep filling up my glass even when I don't ask for it. I haven't found a nice way to decline a refill. I'm sure because deep down I WANT a refill. At Kelly's birthday nobody refilled my glass and I had only one glass of wine. People say, "Just hold the glass and don't drink from it." RIGHT!!!! Is that possible??

Well, I'd better get going. Need to fix something for my kids for dinner before we leave. Happy weekend!!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #83  

It is impossbile to keep the glass full.. heck I can't even keep it 1/2 full!

I started quilting Summer of 2005 - I made a quilt for my daughter and one for a friend's baby shower last Spring. I have about 50,000 ideas for them - most of them OUTRAGEOUS - because that's me.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #84  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

My days are all mixed up with the holidays and everything. Tomorrow is Christmas eve. Yeah...I'm tired of looking at gifts I can't open. I generally open 1 on Christmas eve.

Enygirl & mrsaugie--Congrats on the losses!

It is almost that time to reflect back on the year that has past and think of new years resolutions. I was hoping to be further along in my weight loss so I wouldn't have to do a hard push for next year. Oh well I can't dwell on that now.

So I can prepare for the first post in the new thread, if you can post in here or pm me if you would like:
How much you lost in the month of December?
What mini goals you met?

Last edited by Shay; 12-23-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #85  

Well girls - I didn't do too bad over the weekend. I'm up #.4 from Friday... and honestly if I would have drank more water I probably wouldn't be! But I only got in about 1/2 of what I'm supposed to! All in all though - I'm happy that it's not more! I lived through 4 Family Christmas get-togethers and a TON of fatty, fried, extremely yummy food!

didn't bring me a scale - so I'm going to buy one some time this week so that I can start weighing in at home. I have OCD about things having to start on Sundays - so I'll be buying it before then I'll make new tickers to show the new start

I just want to thank you all for hanging on with me. I know i get wordy alot and I stress type constnatly - but I appreciate all of you very very much!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #86  

Well i bought my scale last night and It's not off from the one at work - I'm at #187 even this morning. It was nice being able to eat breakfast at home too!

I hope that every one's weeks is going good.. I'm stuck at work. *ugh* but I hav eanother 4 day weekend coming up! So that makes me a happy girl.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #87  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Enygirl--Its great that the scales match. It had a double digit difference before. Which amounted to the fact that I started out larger than I thought. I threw that scale away as soon as I got home from the doctors. Now I just replace my scale more often.

I'm also at work but I have a 4 day weekend coming up too. It was the same this week I got back to work yesterday. I haven't been that productive.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #88  

Hey guys! Sorry I've been AWOL. Company, husband home . . . it's been hectic. I haven't been on program all week. I didn't exercise either. I wasn't going to get on the scale until TBL challenge on 1/5, but if we are trying to get a monthly total, I'll see if I can bring myself to step on it. I didn't go completely crazy, but I'm sure I didn't lose anything.

I started counting points again yesterday so I'm getting back on track.

Enygirl: I'm glad you bought a scale. YOU DESERVE IT!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:34 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls.

It has been a LOUSY day, to say the least. My mom and I were supposed to leave for a cruise tomorrow- she had a stroke yesterday. I am trying really hard to hold it together, the rest of the family is falling apart, we moved mine and her flight yesterday in case she would still be able to go, because at the time we didn't know for sure it was a stroke and she feels perfectly fine. So my husband went on the original flight, he's out in Florida waiting for me. My family is making me feel super guilty for going, my mom would be PISSED if I don't go and have fun... what do you do? *sigh*

There are a few positives that have come out of this:

1. I got to tell my sister off for being ridiculous, with no major consequences because everyone thinks it's stress.

2. I figured out just how strong I really am, and that I am capable of quite a bit when in front and staring down a crisis. I only lost it when I was alone.

3. For the first time EVER I resisted emotional eating. I was able to sincerely evaluate my physical needs and emotional needs and differentiate, thus leaving the pan of rice krispy treats alone.

4. God handed me a pretty harsh reality check, and essentially shouted at me about my physical and spiritual condition. I haven't taken care of either, and I have always made excuses. Right now I am forced to acknowledge that the only thing I have to go by as far as my mom's future is concerned is faith, and this is the one test of faith I could possibly be faced with and pass. We had to recite the family's medical history, and it's grim. Heart disease runs rampant and there just isn't room for unhealthy habits. So I am making an appointment for all my physicals, even the girl check up I avoid at all costs, as well as an appointment with a nutritionist as soon as I get home.

Glass half full, right? You can still catch it mid- tip and rescue what's inside before it spills!

So, For the month of December I lost 4 lbs, I managed to not gain anything over the holidays, which was my only real mini goal, and I have definitely readjusted my priorities, which I think counts as a pretty great accomplishment!

I hope you all feel good about your accomplishments this month, have a wonderful new year, and I will talk to you all in about a week!

Crissy

P.S. Sorry for the crazy long post!!

Last edited by TimeToTryAgain; 12-30-2007 at 02:35 AM. Reason: add PS
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #90  

TTTA I'm very sorry that you've been put in this position!