Old 12-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

TTTA - i like the mini-mini idea Little bites put things in perspective don't they?
So here's mine for this week:
1. 1100-1300 cals/day - TRACK THEM
eat breakfast - and no eating after 7 pm
2. at least 64 oz. of water a day
try for 80
3. Slim in 6 week 1 (decided to go back to it since there's 8 inches of snow on the ground - and I was getting AWESOME results!)
4. Go to bed by 10:30 pm EVERY NIGHT
5. No stress eating - regardless of what's going on.

If I stick with this I should lose #1.5-#3 this week. Which would be AWESOME since the end of my work contest is this Friday. I'll keep you all posted.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #62  
Chelle

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I just weighed in for the week and realized I was down 2 pounds! I'm so excited and more motivated then ever. I hope I can keep it up this week because I just started a new job which equals stress which equals over eating..hopefully that doesnt happen

anyway im off to work, i'll post my mini-mini goals (great idea) later
chelle515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good news. DH apologized appropriately BEFORE the party. We made up around noon, I guess.

Mondays are my weigh in days and I was down #1 this morning. Losing #1 over two weeks was NOT what I had in mind. One of my friends does her WI on Friday and she was down #6.6!!! (She had been up #2.6 the week before, but still . . . that was a huge loss!!)

Enygirl, I think you're right. I need to re-vamp my Christmas goal. I'll stretch the goal out to 12/31. Probably still won't hit it, but it is at least in the achievable range. My exercise goal is working out well so I'll leave it alone. I've hit my goal 2 of the last 3 weeks and missed the one week by only 5 activity points. That means in 3 weeks I've earned 100 AP's!!

I'll join you in starting over today!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #64  

Chelle! I totally forgot to congratulate you on your loss!!

Happy day!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #65  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Chelle & Mindy--Congrats on the losses

Time to Try Again--Ditto the mini mini goals. This week
1. Drink 72 oz of water daily
2. Stay OP (WW pts--27)
I'm not sure about exercise this week. I will stick with my two mini mini goals.

Enygirl--Here is my revamp
My mini goal is to be 220 by Jan 1st. Then I would love to be 218 by the time of the weigh in the the Biggest Loser New Year Challenge. That weigh in is the week of January 6th.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #66  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Well i made it through the end of last week and the weekend i am now back down to 9 hours still a lotbut at least it does not mean 2:30 AM jus 3:30 AM. as weird as it sounds it makes a big difference in how i feel when i am done with work. Like i thought i did not do any exercising at the end of the week. On the plus side i did not gain anything but i also did not loose any thing either. well enough about last week. This week goal keep at it even with xmas coming.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #67  

Mrsaugie: I can't imagine working those kinds of hours AND trying to plan healthy meals AND exercise. I feel for you!!

Enygirl: I'm going to add "no stress eating or drinking" to my list of goals. I had 2 extra glasses of wine last night. DH and youngest DS were at each other's throats. grrrr.

I was afraid to get on the scale this morning because we had parmesan chicken last night. I couldn't believe it when I was down another pound!! A very nice way to start off the day.

I'm excited for The Biggest Loser Challenge. I'm glad some of you guys will be doing it with me. I hope we're on the same team!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #68  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Well I just stumbled on this thread.

Hmmm. I don't own a scale and won't be weighed at the doc until january, so I guess I'll hold off on an actual weight goal and do that in january instead. Although I would LIKE TO BE 250 or less by january 15th. Who knows, I might already be there

I need to DRINK MORE WATER. I do not drink NEARLY enough and I bloat easily.

I'd like to lose 1 more inch before the month is over. So far I've lost 2 in the last few weeks.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #69  

Welcome Lottie!! Glad to see you here!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #70  

Lottie- the more the merrier

gg- I'm with you.. DBF bought some very very yummy Irish Cream yesterday - knowing it's my favorite. He tries so hard and is so sweet... but he forgets that I have to plan for those cals accordingly. Oh well - the one small glass only put me at 1220 cals for the day - so still well with in range.

Today I'm having a VERY good day... The scale was down #2.6 from yesterday (TOM's gone) Last night I had a nice night w/ DBF. My BFF who's been in the hospital is doing MUCH better - and is eating now! WOO HOO!!! and she should be getting out by the end of the week!

I have another #3ish to lose to be in the lower 1/2 of the #180's - which is my New Years goal. I've revamped all the rest too - but I'm still taking it in little bites Take things one day at a time - with the big (actually skinnier) picture still in mind!

Aside from work dragging a** - things are GREAT!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #71  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Hi girls! I just read through the thread and it sounds like everyone is hanging in there. I love looking at these new little steps everyone is taking. I am in awe of those of you who are still exercising outside despite the cold, amazing! I've had a good month so far, I'm down to 164.6, which is just .2 away from my Dec goal and I am getting painfully close to my original final goal, though that is going to have to be adjusted as I am not at the weight I need to be. I am feeling a but flustered about where to set my next goal b/c I truly have no idea what I should aim for since I am in new territory already. I feel like 138 is too low, but 145 or 50 is too high, and I just don't like anything in the middle. It's crazy (and silly) how much I can get irritated by not knowing what my goal is. Makes me a bit nervous about when I do reach my ideal weight and no longer have a goal to shoot for. I hope everyone continues to do well and have a great christmas.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

So, does leaving work by 4 and going back after dinner count as "leaving by 4:30 every day?" Ha ha!

We had a curriculum meeting today, and I realized what an instant gratification society we are and what a bored eater I am! The teachers I worked with (for 8 hours- UGH!!) just wanted to get it done, but this document we are working on should take several hours over several months and has the potential to be amazing if we put some quality brain power into it. (But we don't do that here- it's much faster to just plug crap in.)

And I noshed ALL day. Luckily, I brought grapes and raspberries, and the candy supply was limited. I ate every time I was tired of trying to get a word in and needed something to do with my face. BAD BAD BAD!!! But knowing is half the battle, right? Tomorrow I will take a huge water bottle and drink every time they irritate me. I should be able to consume ALL of our water goals for the week! )

Hey, congrats on the losses girls, and welcome lottie!!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #73  

TTTA - I think that it should count as leaving on time - just like thinking about bed @ 10:30 and not making it until 11-11:30 should count too! There always just seems to be something that I haveto do at night!

I'm sorry about the people that you work with being irritating. This world is full of Exceptional Mediocrity - and for some reason it's what some people settle for.. and we wonder why the US is falling behind and isn't the political powerhouse it once was.... ok I'm jumping down now

Jordan - Ultimate goals are hard to decide on - although I thinkit's AWESOME that you've made it to your initial one! My suggestion is this - find a weight that's in the "healthy range" for your height (#118-#159) that you're comfortable with and tone.. tone.. tone!!!

Me personally - I set my goal at the high end of the healthy range - mostly because I've never been in the #130's - and I have no idea how I'll feel when I get there. But it's easy to start high and go down rather then lose too much and try to only put on a couple pounds... I'd end up gaining another #30!

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-19-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #74  

Jordan - I understand your predicament! I was watching TBL last night, looking at the %age of body weight they'd lost and calculating it against my final goal . . . it's difficult to imagine myself thinner. I guess I'll deal with it when I get there.

I went to the Season #4 TBL thread to try to figure out why that one guy, the controversial one, kept getting booed. What happened?? I just couldn't bring myself to sort through 61 pages of posts.

I was sitting there watching the show wondering if everybody from our little group was doing the same thing I was!!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #75  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Lottie!

Enygirl--Congrats on the loss! Don't get me started on "EM". No one wants to change bc "we've always done it this way"--that doesn't make it right!

Jordan--Deciding your ultimate goal is definitely a difficult thing to decide. Of course the BMI charts are important but you have to do what is comfortable for you.

Mindy--Are you talking about Neil? I was switching back and forth because they kept dragging things out and so many freaking commercials. I'm sure Neil was getting booed because he gained 17 lbs one week to assist with getting one of the black team below the yellow line. It worked and one of the black team members was sent home.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote