Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #16  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

ButterflyDiva--Great job on sticking with your plan.

Sarah--It was only one meal. Don't beat yourself up. That's fantastic news about your jeans.

I'm doing well. Still OP and got all of my water in. I did W5D1 of C25K and it was good. I was thinking about my exercise plan. So I added Pilates this month for a total of 4 days. In January I will add Taebo as a 5th day. I think I will switch every two months. So in February and March my 4th day will be yoga. My 5th day will The Biggest Loser workout. I will think about what I will do in April and May and so on. I've got a good start though.

Last edited by Shay; 12-05-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

GOOD MORNING GIRLS! How is everyone doing this week?

Shay - 225 isn't a bad place to start.. it's just a start. It's the part between the start and the finish that make the difference.

My mini-victory of the day. I'm wearing a Siz 16 corderoys today! I have seen this size in probably 3-4 years! I kept these because they cost me $50 when i bought them - which is an insane amount of money for me to spend on myself. and I LOVE them!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I second what Sarah said! Jordan, congratulations on your awesome weight loss!

Sarah - don't beat yourself up for a bad night. :-) Just crawl back up on the horse.

I'm curious if any of you guys are worried about excess skin. I've been positively freaking out about it since I watched The Shrinking Woman on the Discovery Health Channel.

I'm taking flaxseed every day and moisturizing like crazy. I'm also doing lots of exfoliating massage with sugar or salt scrub to try to encourage bloodflow.

Gotta get to work! I'll try to check back later.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #19  
Chelle

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I've been gone for only 5 days and I missed all you girls and your support. Yay for being back and ultimate goal challenges.

Sadly I just went on a road trip with my boyfriend and all the fast food didnt help me at all. I feel like I set myself back so much because I'm back to 161. yuck.

I also just found out my big sister (who has been trying to lose weight with me who is the exact same size) just passed the 150 mark and is now 148. I'm so jealous.

Anyway this week I'm going to make changes. I just bought an Eliptical and emptied my cupboards.

Good Luck, everyone seems to be doing great
chelle515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #20  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Hi girls. Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the congrats Sarah and Mindy (Sarah - I started on May 24 of this year so its been pretty fast, I'm lucky becuase I know it goes so slow for some). I just got in from a run so all is well again on the weight loss plan, though I have to admit yesterday was my absolutely worst eating day in the close to 200 days since I started doing this, I just went spiraling out of control for no reason and it was disgusting and embarassing and kind of scary all at the same time. So Chelle, I am right with you trying to get back on track and back to where I was. You will catch your sister soon, and even if you don't what a great thing for both of you. And CONGRATS on the pants Enygirl, that is awesome that you hung on to them and now get to enjoy them.

Last edited by jordan; 12-05-2007 at 04:15 PM.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #21  
My Evolution

Hi everyone,
It has been a busy, busy, and busy day. This is my first time on the website today and usually by now I've been on at least 10-15 times!

Enygirl--Congrats on the size 16! What a great victory. I agree 225 is not bad considering my heighest weight ever was 278. Besides I'm on the weigh down now.

ggmugsy--I'm no expert on excess skin but I think if you do resistance training that helps too doesn't it?

chelle--I was wondering where you were? You can use that jealousy for your sister as motivation. That elliptical will definitely help you get you there.

jordan--We all lose our minds sometimes when it comes to food. Acknowledge and move on...which is actually what you are already doing.

I was so busy today that I forgot to eat my two afternoon snacks. I will squeeze them in otherwise I will wake up starving. I've got to squeeze in a lot of water too before the night is up. I will be constantly going to the bathroom throughout the night now.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Girls!!

I feel like I have fallen off the planet the last few days. Life has been RIDICULOUS. I was with teenagers for 14 !@#@#$%@# Hours yesterday. I am super frustrated, I have been fighting an ugly cold for the past two and a half weeks, I haven't had time to go to the doctor or take a sick day since before thanksgiving on account of the 8 concerts I have done in the past 2 weeks... I can't get to the gym because every time I move I cough and feel like exploding...

Ahhh! I feel much better. I think my goal for the rest of this week and next week is to just have some time for my yoga video every day, and to make myself a priority over my students. I will weigh in on Saturday, yikes!

Does anyone have a strategy for how to exercise when you are under the weather? I am craving the gym and I know that would not be good for me or the other gym goers right now...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #23  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Shay, you really are going to be up all night peeing. Thats the first thing I thought of while reading your post. Good job on the water though. I still can't get even close to enough water in (so I just don't, and drink diet coke as I see fit - bad Jordan). Timetotryagain, your yoga videos sound like a good plan. I've always heard that you should exercise if your illness is from the neck and up and you should take time off if it is below the neck. If you are "neck and up" sick I think some easy elliptical or bike at the gym would be good. Certainly don't want to exert too much but something kind of casual, or maybe a walk if it isn't freezing, might be just what your immune system needs. Hope you feel better soon (and hope life slows down too, 8 concerts, WOW).
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #24  
My Evolution

Time To Try Again--Good to hear from you again. Ditto what Jordan said about feeling better. I hope you get some down time soon.

Jordan-- I was up peeing constantly and I didn't even get all my water in. I was 1 bottle short. I spend a lot of time in the bathroom at work too. It gets on my nerves but I know its good for me. Besides getting all of my water in keeps me full. I hadn't heard that "rule" for exercising. I will keep that in mind for the future.

I have two holiday parties tomorrow. One for lunch and one for dinner. The lunch is restaurant based. I have the menu so I'm looking it over. The evening one is at a co-workers house. I've done some pre planning for that too. Figuring out pts to the best of my ability. Between barely dipping into my extra 35 flex pts and earning activity pts I'm hoping I'm good to go. After being on plan since Saturday, exercising, and getting my water in I'm back down to 222. I hope that hold's up after tomorrow. I will weigh in officially on Monday. I'm an everyday weigher.

Last edited by Shay; 12-06-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #25  

Girls - this week.. hmmm... I just feel BLAH! I'm cranky, tired, and just blah. I've eaten like crap the last 2 days.. not nearly as bad as i used to - but still I was up #.9 today from Monday... ugh. Tomorrow is official weigh in for the week. i'm hoping that this gain is mostly water weight that will be gone in the AM. I'll kkep you posted.. but sending some : vibes it'd be very appreciated.

I've decided that the walking just isn't enough for me. I don't feel it. So I'm adding back in the Slim in 6 videos in addition to the walks. I'm obviously going to be listening very closely too my body so that I don't push too hard - and I'm uping the H2O so that I don't get dehydrated. But as we all know - we alone know our body's best.

I have #8.7 to go for my New Years goal of kissing the #180's good bye! that goal is secretly my Christmas Wish - not goal, but wish. It's be AWESOME to have that wish come true!

for everyone! STICK WITH IT - WE'RE WORTH IT!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-06-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #26  
Chelle

likenoother- I took a plane to Georgia to meet my fiance and we drove back home (to utah). It was a lot of fun, but way too much time in the car, especially with a new puppy..

Jordan-It's good to know other people have their bad days too, I was feeling horrible about it, but hearing that you're having to get back on track too motivates me. I hate those down days, they make you feel yucky, we just have to learn not to beat ourselves up over it. (although im horrible at this still)

Tme To Try Again- I'm right with you! I had sinus surgery a couple weeks ago and I feel horrid right now (the surgery went good, and I recovered, but somehow I got a nasty infection and its just as bad as before) Head colds are the worst and I dont feel like going out at all. It's so hard to stay on track when you feel like sh**. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Chelle- you too!

As far as having to pee all the time... You all are going to think I am nuts, but I have definitely gone through phases where I don't drink water ALL day because I don't have time to go between classes- so many teachers do it, it's bad!! One of my teacher friends printed an article for the staff that said that if you actually taken in all the water you should (64-80 oz a day) for two weeks, after that your body will adjust and you won't have to go so much... so hang in there! It gets better.

I felt almost well today, I took the dog for a walk and did a little yoga, I even got to read for a bit! It was so nice...

Hang in there, it's almost the weekend!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hello ladies!!

Chelle - I have a lot of clients in Utah. What part do you live in, if you don't mind my asking.

TTTA & Enygirl - I hope you guys are feeling better. This time of year is the pits to be under the weather. All the stress just makes it worse.

My husband's Christmas Party for his work is tonight. Tomorrow is my sister's birthday (I'm baking a red velvet cake . . . I LOVE red velvet cake!!) and there's a party at her house. I swear, I can never have just one event a week. It has to be two.

If it's true that your body adjusts to drinking tons of water then I'm upset because my body has "adjusted" to peeing three times a night. It's interfering with my husband's sleep, too. grrrrrr.

Things here have been good this week. I'm totally on program and although I missed one day of exercise, I made part of it up yesterday and will finish making it up before Sunday.

We are baking sugar cookies this weekend! I can bake sugar cookies without eating the dough . . . chocolate chip, on the other hand, is a totally different story.

Hope everybody has a happy, healthy, and FIT weekend!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #29  

Well today's weigh in went ok. I'm down #1.4 this week. Not as much as I'd like - but that's ok. I'm still feeling exhausted! Hopefully that'll end soon... I do think it's mostly becuase of the exercise change... who knows though. ugh.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #30  
Chelle

ggmugsy- I grew up south of Provo, but I live in Ogden now. I really love it up here! What kind of work do you do?