Old 12-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #91  

Eny, nice weigh-in!!! You definitely are making nice steady progress! Way to go!

Hang in there Darby and thanks for the b-day wishes.

Between the holiday party on Friday and my b-day on Saturday, well, the scale is up a couple of pounds but, I'm hopeful that's temporary. My calories both Friday and Saturday were high, mainly due to alcohol! (Friday calories were around 2500 and Saturday around 2000.) I did have a very nice time!

I figure I'll handle the parties as best I can and then get right back on track. One day will not blow things for me - it's what follows after that day that will do me in. Do I get right back on track? I MUST! So today, I am back on track. I'm drinking my water, getting in my fruits and veggies, counting calories and working out.

Friday I did a cardio & weights workout, Saturday was a rest day. Today I had a very nice workout with Turbo Jam CP #2. Looking forward to tomorrows workout too.

DH is travelling until Wednesday. And our next holiday party is Saturday. I'm working toward reaching a total of 10 lbs down by Saturday. That will be 3 weeks into my new healthy lifestyle.
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Happy Birthday yesterday Angeline!!!
I have my weigh in on Wednesday and Im getting pretty nervous. 2.5lbs?!?! I doubt Ill be down that... I may have to change my Goal for Valentines... ehhh hopefully not... Just work REALLY hard. Today wasnt really a good day. Ate too much. Anyways hopefully tomorrow will be better. Its great to see everyone doing so well.
Congrats Envy on your 1.4lb loss!!!
I really wish it snowed and got cold here. oh how I do miss it around Christmas time.

Last edited by blondeblueeyedbeauty; 12-10-2007 at 09:00 PM.
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Angeline- Hope you had a great birthday

All in all I had a not bad weekend. DH had his company party Friday night. I was well prepared, no booze cuz I was the DD, I ate as on plan as possible. Salad, turkey, etc. Then Saturday YS was in a wrestling tourney, bleachers from 10 am to 6 pm, then he and I went to the mall and did a little shopping, we ate in the food court, I had Bourbon Street chicken and green beans from the chinese food place then yesterday I went to church and then made Christmas cookies. I did eat 6 or so cookies . But then I bagged most of them up to give away, so all in all not bad. I am up a pound, but I think it's the cookies, the salt from the food court and not enough water!! Tuseday is weigh in day, so will need to get a lot of water in today!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #94  

How's everyone doing?

I finished my last final today, so I'm feeling pretty good about life!

I worked out this morning at 7:30, which is unbelievable for me. But I had a hair appointment and then my final, so I knew I had to do it in the a.m. I was pretty sure I wouldn't feel like doing it when I got home. I knew I wouldn't be up to a HIIT workout (I'm just way too out of it that early!), but I did 35 minutes on the treadmill at a pretty fast pace.

I think I finally figured out that I don't have to do things perfectly, you know what I mean? In the past, if I couldn't do the tough workout, I wouldn't have bothered working out at all. Life throws things at you, and you just have to roll with them and do the best you can, and that is what will keep me going this time.

I hope you are all having a great night!!!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #95  

Darby, sounds like a great attitude!!

Where is everybody...?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #96  

Yeah, where is everybody!!

I'm guessing with Christmas so close, many are trying to get caught up! I know I ran about a million errands yesterday and holy cow! Everywhere I went was packed to the gills.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

15 weeks till April 1st....let's see...I'll go for a 17 pound loss. Okay...so...by April 1st, i'd like to weigh in at 120.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #98  

Baby it's cold, spring break sounds wonderful.

I am going to focus on losing 8 lbs and 1.5 inches off my waist by January 31.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #99  

I can not wait till these dang holidays are over. I am soooo tired of all the fabulouse foods that are being offered. They are soo hard to resist and i feel guilty sometimes for eating them. I know how badly i want to lose the weight but i also want to enjoy some of these foods that only come about once a year. I guess i should just be happy to maintain these next two weeks and then really hit the ground running on january 1st.

Weed for today:

W- 64 ounces
E- 1200 calories
E- none unfortuantely
D- one foot in front of the other and eventually i'll make it across the goal line!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #100  

Hey everybody,

I'm back from my vacation. It was fabulous!! We had a great time and when I weighed myself this morning I found that I'd only gained a pound. So that's pretty cool.

I do have one problem, though. I wore bad shoes for walking for 3 days, and now my ankles and knees are killing me. They hurt so badly that I didn't work out today, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to tomorrow.

I doubled up on glucosamine and I took some ibuprofen and they don't feel so bad now. Should I wait until they quit hurting to start exercising again? Or should I take the ibuprofen for a few days and see how they feel then? Will the ibuprofen mask the pain?

I just don't want to work out and hurt myself more, but I also don't want to not work out.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well, and hanging in there with the holiday madness.

Hi lumifan--I've read some of your posts on other threads and it sounds like you'll definitely get to your April 1 goal.

mothermavis-it's hard to imagine spring as cold as its been. Las Vegas was in the upper 50's and it was wonderful. We walked out of the airport last night and it was about 20 degrees. Bring on the Spring!!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #101  

Darby1...thanks for the comment. I do think you should wait. Ibuprophen will mask the pain and you may hurt yourself worse. Take the meds and wait a day or so and see if that helps. Then hit the ground running.

Today is another day and again, i am eating things i really shouldn't. Yesterday, my fitday says i ate around 2000 calories. How in the world i was down to 137 today has me perplexed. Today is not looking so good. I think I am just over 1200 but I may end up snacking on stuff not listed yet.

Anyways....Todays WEED:
W- 64 ounces (i better get started on this)
E- gym class (hopefully)
E- 1200 calories
D- just gotta make it thru the holidays.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 196.5/ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Another to join? This challenge has got a lot of great posts... and I think I'm now following Lumifan around 3FC!

I have 2 little ones - 2.5yo and 9mo boys - and I trusted the old adage that breastfeeding would take the weight off the first time around. Hah! So, second time around I worked really hard to workout and moderate my eating. I've lost all of the second pregnancy weight plus 10lbs, but now I'd like to get the remaining 16-20 pounds OFF

I'm trying to get back on track now, to avoid spinning totally out of control during the holidays. I think my body is ready to lose again - I've mainly stayed around the same point for a couple of months, despite less-than-stellar behavior. I'd really like to get 19 lbs off for my 3/6 bday, which is aggressive for me. And then, of course, I hope to get another 5ish off b/c I recently read that you need to lose an add'l 10 to fit into the clothes that you wore pre-pregnancy.

There's my big ramble! Power to the challenge chicks!

Leeza

Last edited by Leeza155; 12-21-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Leeza155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wink mothermavis i've missed you!!

Hey there all!! I'm visiting from another challenge because miss mothermavis was my favorite competition over there and I just happen to notice that she's not posting anymore...
This challenge looks good, too...I'm at 145.5 now and would like to be down to 125 by April, sadly not for any beach vacation in particular but in preparation for the summer beach days to come.
So, miss mavis, you and I have very similar stats which is why I'm stalking you. I need some competition over on the December challenge and the other ladies are dropping like a million pounds and leaving me (and you!) in the dust!!
Anyway I hope I'm not sounding TOO demanding but at any rate, I hope all is well with you and that your weight loss endeavors are holding steady this difficult time of year. Five pounds gone by 2008, right??
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #104  

Sonja, you're on! I've been lazy. Thanks for motivating me. I promise I'll be back by Wednesday to post more.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

As a matter of fact I have fallen off the face of the Earth for a couple weeks! Sorry about that girls.. let's recap - My best friend was in the hospital of over a week - I *thought* I was pregnant I stopped exercizing for 4 days straight - I then pulled my head out of my *** and realized what an idiot I'm being in letting the stress of life distract me from my goals. I yet again revamped everything (read the blog for full description) and I've refocused and got back on the horse - so to say...

My contest at work ended yesterday - I came in second place which i'm very proud of. Over the 3 months of the contest I lost #12.4 - quit smoking - changed positions - and have made much better choices of myself. I'm in a size 16 now - which I haven't fit into since before DD's birth 6 years ago!

In my revamping - I decided to stop being rediculous with goals.. honestly - expecting myself to lose #60 in 5 months is a little extreme.. so I'm being completely realistic and my goal for the next three months is #7-#10 per month. Completely doable - but I have to stick with it amd make sure I don't stress eat.... and up the water intake when I do have a minor slip (salty things are the devil! )

After 3 years of seperation - and both of us moving on with our lives - I FINALLY was able to file for my divorce! The official judgement date is June 23rd, 2008 (stupid waiting period!) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be at goal then!!!! But I know I'll still be a TON lighter then I was when I left him - I already am.. I was #230ish when I left, and now I'm #187.

Ok I'm done ranting.. but you can expect to see more of me again! I've missed you all!!!!

Oh - 1 more thing... yea you knew it wasn't over yet... Hopefully is bringing a bathroom scale for me for christmas - but if he doesn't come through then I'm buying myself one before the 30th. So my weight and tickers may change to reference the new scale... I'm sick of weighing in at work. I hate nosey people - and I'm convinced that clothes add at least #5!

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-22-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote