Old 02-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #181  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

S/C/G: 212/166/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Spring Break chicks! How's everyone doing?

Enygirl: Are you making those changes you outlined that will help you meet the challenge? How's it going with the late-night binges? That's the toughest thing for me! Sometimes just a tasty cup of tea with a splash of skim milk and a packet of Equal is enough to satisfy my cravings at night. You can do it, stick with it!

mavis: I've never been hypnotized! I don't think I can relax enough to do it. Also, there's no telling what's lurking in my subconscious, I'd rather leave some of it alone! LOL Are you doing this for weight-loss or some other reason?

As for me, my weigh-in yesterday was great. I was down 3-1/4# from Friday, which I expected because I forgot that my period was last week. However, I had absolutely zero energy yesterday and didn't exercise at all. (I did a lot of furniture rearranging though, so at least that's something.) I just can't figure out why my energy level is so low. It always has been, even before the new healthy lifestyle. It stinks.

Hope everyone else is doing well. See ya soon!
Catmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Cat - I'm doing really good this week. here's the stats:
Sunday: cals - 1648 (148 over allotment), H2O - 48 oz, no exercise
Monday: Cals - 1454 (46 under allotment), H2O - 72 oz, 30 mins exercise

Today's going good too. I'm down a little this morning - which is awesome - i want to hit those #170's!!! I HAVE to keep this going!

WTG on the weight loss... TOM is supposed to visit me soon as well... I'm hoping I can drop below #180 before he comes and screws up my progress

Alright girls - I am going out to lunch today - but I'm making healthier choices! here's some for all
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I am starting to run behind schedule. I should have seen 133 by now and i'm still seeing 134 and 135. Not good. But I am upping my level of excersize i guess by including weight training, so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know but i'm not quiting...just planning to continue with toning and tightening. Of course, i really want to hit at least a goal of 125 pounds...but i really want to look toned and tightened in my bathing suit.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #184  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

lumifan: I think I'm having the same problem as you. I've upped the exercise and I'm gaining. Part of it is muscle, but I think my body is also adjusting to the greater need for water and is holding on to it a little more. Good luck with those last 10 pounds. I've heard from some people who say those last few are the toughest, and then others who say they're easy. You can do it!

I went up about 3/4# today. I already told you about my complete lack of energy. I did not get nearly enough water the last few days and my nutritionist said that could be a big reason for the lack of energy. Additionally, she asked if I'm getting enough sleep. Well, I'm not but that's nothing new. I need to make a commitment to get to bed earlier.

Today I was still completely wiped out, but I forced myself to start the day with a nice hot shower, to do all my chores in the morning, to play several games with my son, to eat right, I allowed myself a nap in the afternoon, and my son & I exercised this evening (he's only 3 so for him it was more jumping around than anything, but he likes it). And guess what? I feel better! I think it's all in my head (besides the water and lack of sleep).

How is everyone else doing on their challenge? How often and when do most of you weigh? I used to weigh once a week on Saturdays when I was doing it on my own, but now that I'm going to Quick Weight Loss Center, I weigh about 3 times a week. I personally would rather weigh only weekly because the little ups & downs affect me psychologically, but it's working so I shouldn't complain.

Talk to you again soon!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I weigh every day, but I only count it once a week. I think it keeps me on track before I get off in the wrong direction. When I don't, I tend to be way off real quick. You do have to be careful though, and find what makes you feel good about the journey of better choices!

I was thinking of the hypnosis for weight only. It's supposed to curb your cravings. I love sweets, would love to not want them at all. LOL
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #186  

Mmavis....i was just cleaning out my drawer here at work and i found like 5 different full size candy bars in there and 6 or 7 individuals packs of candies that i have never eaten. It's crazy. I buy it and then i don't eat it. What's up with that?? It must be a mental thing. I see it, i want it, then i get it and don't want to eat the calories. CRAZY!!!

I swear, if i don't figure out what i am doing wrong, i am never going to make any of my goals. I almost say 133 this morning. Before dinner last night i saw 134.0. I knew if i ate, i would not see 133 and lo and behold...i didn't. But i didnt want to go to bed without dinner. My ring didn't want to come off this morning and that tells me i was retaining fluids from last nights dinner. so, i will try to eat less sodium today, and drink more water. maybe tomorrow morning i'll see 133. If not, i've got to do change something.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #187  

Lumi, I think it is awesome that you have that much self control. I am the opposite, I don't even want it, I just eat it when it's there.

On the flip side, are you using Fitday and tracking your water? Maybe journal for a week and see if you can spot your stall. Either way, you are doing so well!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #188  

Eny, a size 14 - that's awesome!!! and way to go on those lbs. gone!!

Cat, your new muscles were probably retaining water. nice weight loss!!

lumi, that's so foreign to me - having all those candy bars and not eating them! that is great self control!

i'm down 2 lbs!! took 3 rest days this week but had a great workout in this morning.

thankfully my DH is back from his business trip - i eat better when he's around.

i wanted to be at 211 by V-Day but, i'll be thrilled if i'm 216 or lower. back to planning those meals and getting in those workouts.

have a good weekend!
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #189  

Hi girls,
I'm here. This is the first time I've been able to get online to do something that's not school related.

Well, I've been doing ok with exercise. Not as well as I'd hoped, but I AM exercising about 3-4 times weekly, so that's good. Now, my food issues are a whole different story. I'm finding myself eating when I want a break from studying or if I'm procrastinating. I obviously need to find something else to do that's quick and enjoyable if I need a break. I can't get online, cause I'll lose track of time. I can't wait until the snow melts; then I can take a quick walk. Right now everything is snow-packed and icy; I'd slip and crack my nugget open!

You guys are doing great! Sounds like everyone is staying on plan and losing (or at least maintaining--I'm not sure I can say the same, but I'm afraid to get on the scale)

Did you do the hypnosis thing, mothermavis? I've been thinking about doing that myself. I ordered a hypnosis cd a few years ago. The instructions said to start getting results listen to the cd daily for three weeks. I tried, but you probably know how hard it is to get 30 minutes to do nothing during the day. I would end up falling asleep, or the phone would ring (we rarely get calls, so I'd forget to unplug it) or the dogs would start barking. It was frustrating. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience, if you decide to do it.

Enjoy the weekend!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #190  

Darby, I did not sign up for the hypnotist, it's in the paper, so I was debating..

I did restart the C25K yesterday on the treadmill, so hoping that will help bust me out of my little plateau here. Really want my hip measurement to start with a 3 instead of a 4 by the end of this month!!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #191  

MMavis...no, i'm not using my fitday...and i'm sure that's my problem. I'm going home tonight and figure out the calories of the broccoli casserole and then i'm putting it in my fitday and am going to have to start being a good girl if i want to see results. I know i'm drinking enough water, i just don't think my eating is as "clean" as it used to be. That's why i'm maintaining instead of losing. On the plus side, I guess i know how to maintain. That's a pluS!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #192  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

Hey everyone. Haven't checked in for a few days, but I've been lurking.

I was down a pound last Friday and again yesterday. I guess I should be more excited, but I wish I were further along than I am. I went shopping last night and finally bought a pair of pants that fit. They're size 16 and they fit good, almost a little too small in the belly, so I'm a little down about that. Wish I were in a 14 by now. But I shouldn't complain.

Mondays are always tough for me because I don't usually get around to exercising on the weekends because I work, then I'm really busy on Mondays and usually don't get around to it, so now I've gone 3 days without. I hope I don't see a gain as a result. I swear, sometimes I think I should stop exercising all together, my weight came off a little more consistently when I wasn't exercising (the first 30 pounds).

Hope everyone else is doing well. See ya soon!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #193  

yay...one more pound down towards my spring break goal. only 8 more to go...of course, at the rate i'm going...one pound every 3 weeks, i might lose 2 more pounds by then. lol. But still..yay...I'm down a pound finally. I am soooo happy!!! Hope everyone is having a happy hump day!!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #194  

Good job Lumi!

I want to be down 16 more when I leave 8 weeks from today. Stepping the cardio WAY UP!!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #195  

You can do it Mmavis....cardio will do it. 16 is very do-able.

I was lazy last night. It was cold and windy when i got off work last night so i skipped out on the gym. Besides, i had to go home and bake my honey a chocolate cake for valentines day. So..imagine my suprize when i got up and weighed in this morning and saw.....131.5!!!! That's 2.5 pounds in two days!!! I couldn't believe it. I was sooooo excited. What a great valentines gift to myself!!!! Yay myself!!! I love me!!! lol. so now only 6.5 pounds to go for the spring break challenge. yay!!!