Old 09-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #76  

okay , good, lol! It's working fine now.

All is well here, been pretty busy with the fall cleaning. It's starting to come along, I am going to start on the upstairs this weekend. I took the day off yesterday and spent it with my mom. It was a mild and sunny day so we managed to get an hour of sun which sure felt nice. I picked her up at Mcd's parking lot and we went through the drive thru. I got a d. cheeseburger but gave one of the patties to my little darling.

No traditional exercise the past few days (except today) and though I feel good about being active with the fall cleaning and all, I don't like to get away from my trad. exercise (regardless of the reason) as it is difficult for me to get back to it sometimes after. I went walking today and ran some errands. I picked up some nice healthy fare at the supermarket today so I am all set for the next few days.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #77  

okay, I did it again before i lose my post, I'm paranoid now! lol : )

Kappy, setting a limit on the treats etc. sounds like a good idea. I usually have my Sat. night as my dinner out and allow myself something but in moderation. It works out very well for me as long as I stay on plan all week.

Pigginpodgey, I am sorry to hear that you had a bad day at work yesterday. Hope your feeling better and not beating yourself up for yesterday, it's history now and today is a new day! I hope your having a super one. We sometimes have those bad days interspersed with good ones throughout our journey but I feel the key is to keep fighting and putting a bad day past us as best as we can, with a "sanguine" outlook for our new day. Your a fighter girl! Your doing great with your exercise and that rocks! keep up the good work

Seasoning, ty and likewise It sounds like logging your intake and cal counting this way is working for you and that's great! Whatever works! I have heard many women say that keeping track of their cals with fitday and other means is extremely helpful to them and one of the keys to their success. Keep up the good work

Lekhika, hi there girl! I am happy to hear that your feeling better. Your latest endeavors (regarding your projects) sound absolutely super! I have always loved crafts, painting etc. and have not done anything of that nature for so long, your inspiring me to do so! Now that the weather is cooler and colder months ahead it would be an ideal and constructive way to keep me busy.......and a nice break from the darned cleaninggggggg! lol

Hope everyone is having a good day, talk soon
Old 09-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #78  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

This has been a 'good-news, bad-news' kind of day.
Bad news...I had a job interview (at the school where I have been a temp for a couple of months). The interview went well, but I was so anxious about it that I came home and stuffed my face with a bacon sandwich..and I would have washed it down with a Coke if there had been any in the house!
Good news...I got the job!!! It is really something that I have been waiting for for a long time...close to home, part-time, great staff and students.
Now I just need to get those 6 lbs off by the end of the month, and I can invest in some new work clothes for the fall/winter.
Have a great weekend everyone.
We are off to a basketball tournament, a fun-fair at our church and I also need to squeeze some house-cleaning in there!!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #79  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Oh my god Dea! Seriously, I don't know how I got over my love of bacon but one word from you and I can practically taste the BLT....oh the drool!!

We're headed into the city again this weekend. A friend of ours is in town on a business trip and he has Sunday open so....well my parents luck out. They've totally been spoiled by our weekend trips this month and are just loving the time with the grandkids!

It's feeling like fall and I'm loving that...

Hope all of you have a wonderful and inspired and restful weekend.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #80  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone! It's been raining constantly for the past two days but I love it. Yesterday was a perfect 'Shari' day: dark, gloomy, and cool. Everyone else was sleepy but I was cheerful and upbeat. I'm kinda backward. TOM started two days ago and so far I've been doing alright. Hoping and praying that I can get this job at Spirit Halloween, this seasonal Halloween store. I worked there last year and it ROCKS! Love it!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #81  
move it

Woohoo! I finally got off the plateau and lost some weight! I was beginning to wonder if I'd lose anything this month. I've been spending an hour at a time on the exercise machines at the rec center. I don't do too well on diets where I cut calories to the bone, so I'm trying to exercise it off. I hope I can make goal this month.

It's still warm here (80s during the day), but I can feel fall in the air. The trees are starting to drop leaves and the pecans will be coming down soon. We had so much rain in the early part of the year that they are huge. I'm glad, because last year was the opposite, no nuts at all. The trees, that is.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Had a bad weekend, far too much wine, far too much pasta so no surprise to have gained 2lb this morning. Sigh. Today Im feeling suprisingly positive though, I cant let things that stress me out ruin all my hard work. So today, I am going for it. Its all planned out!!

Im obviously hitting the comfort factor with the boyf as this is the first week I have gained since I have started seeing him!! Eeeek!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #83  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Greetings and Salutations!

It's a brisk late summer morning in South Jersey! I had a good weekend, fair on the eating front...and today, the children and I are headed out to the Library for some cool books and such. I'm fairly excited.

Have a great day!

Hope you get that job Piggin!

WTG with the kicked up exercise Seasoning!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #84  

Hi girls : ),

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I didn't go out to dinner, eating wise went okay. We cooked on the grill, had beef one night and have chicken planned for tonight. Saturday entailed a home depot run so I could get some supplies that I needed and I put in several hours yesterday doing heavy work, more of the same will follow for the next few days. Today I realized that I didn't get sore at all! nada! A year ago, I remember getting sore and achey after working this way,, my back would start hurting, my legs achey, arms, etc. I am in so much better shape from the exercise, what a difference! I can do so much more now.

This week, I want to be especially strict as I am having a birthday party for my mom this Sunday and there will be a lot of food around.

The weather has been rather brisk and sunny the past few days, good weather for working. It is supposed to be warming up a bit the next few days and I already have planned to take THursday off and pick up my mother (the actual day of her birthday).

Dea, congratulations on getting the job!

Lekhika, hope you had a fabulous weekend with your folks. As far as bacon goes, have you tried the center cut? I was allwoing myself 2 strips on omelette night sometimes, it has 30 percent less fat than regular bacon and it's so good. I would ask dh how many strips he wanted and then just cook that amount plus my 2 and 1 for my puppy! lol

JasonsLea, good luck with the job at spirit halloween, hope you get it.

Seasoninggg, congratulations on breaking the plateu and losing some weight and on your exercising! way to go! : )

pigginpodgey, pasta nails me too! EVERY time if I eat pasta (which i had virtually almost eliminated) I would show a 2 lb. gain the next day!! always! It wasn't until a while back that along the course of my reading I found that carbs of that nature retain fluid, no wonder! anyhow, for typically after a good day the following day it would come off again so hopefully that's what happens with you as well. Kudos to you on your positive attitude today, a new day! kick butt girl.

Time for me to move my tail, hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Hope ya'll had a great weekend! For whatever reason all weekend long I could not stay awake during the day, then couldn't sleep at night. Go figure.

I stayed the same weight for exactly 7 consecutive days. Then I gained. No idea. I'm on a different medication, I could blame it but I think that's reaching. Thought I was eating ok over the weekend, apparently not quite! So I'm back on heavy duty FitDay, trying to see what I can tweak or adjust without causing a major pig fest. Meanwhile guess I have to take it up a notch or two at the gym. Something has to give somewhere and Lord knows I'm hoping it's the stupid scale SOON!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #86  

FSA- Thank you for your advice about the pasta, i didnt know that it retained fluid, so Im not feeling quite like a pig after all !! im going to have an OP day today, eating has been good, cola chicken ( low fat version) and veggies planned for supper and an hours gardening after work planned. One day at a time.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #87  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Today has been beautiful and I just feel good. Hope everyone is kicking some WL ***!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did pretty good eating wise, and today has been great aa far as weight loss goes. I got in all the exercise I wanted to do today and I stuck to eating nothing but healty foods. Dinner isn't for another hour but I plan on having, fish, brown rice, brocolli and carrots. I'm going to try to keep this up all week.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #89  

A quick question for you all, ive signed up to one of these sites where you log in everything you eat and it gives you an analysis of how many carbs, protein etc youve consumed in the day. The only thing it doesnt tell me is how much of each i should be eating %, i know different plans have different % of each thing - but was just wondering if anyone knows what the ideal thing is when your trying to lose weight.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #90  
move it

piggin, I don't know what the best values are for those nutrients. As you say, different diets emphasize different things. I checked my diet software, and it seems to think 15% protein, 25% fat, and 60% carb is ideal, but I'm sure you could get a discussion on that if you talked to other people.

I've been feeling tired all day, but I worked out this evening anyway. I didn't exercise hard, didn't even break a sweat, but I'm glad I went because I feel a bit better now. I'm going to bed early tonight.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote