3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   98 Days (14 weeks) To Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/107279-98-days-14-weeks-summer-challenge.html)

helpmelose 03-26-2007 12:10 AM

Hi ladies!! (i hope you are all ladies :0)

I would love to join this challenge! I love the idea of going around the world and reading through the posts it seems like everyone is really motivated and offers great support to one another. I hope it not too late to join.

I want to lose 20 pounds in the next 13 weeks, about 1.5 pounds a week. I think that is managable. Other goals are to drink 100oz of water each day, eat fish 2x a week for dinner, and limit calorie intake to between 1400-1500 each day. I am going to use fitday everyday to track what I am eating.

Good Luck to everyone! Let me know if it is too late to join.

Thanks! :dizzy:

MeaCulpa 03-26-2007 08:35 AM

No, it's not too late to join! The more the merrier!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine went pretty well. I helped a friend organize and work a banquet this weekend, and everything went fairly well. I ate pretty well, but I probably shouldn't have eaten that piece of cake. Oh well, I figure that I've done pretty good over the past couple of weeks, so I can have it and not worry. I got a stability ball on Saturday, and tried it out on Sunday. Boy that thing helped me find some new muscles that I didn't realize I had! I actually had fun using it, and I didn't realize how fast time flew until the tape that came with it was over. Hope everyone has a fantastic day today!

1042-60=982 Keep up the good work ladies! :carrot:

haeyu14 03-26-2007 08:59 AM

HAPPY MONDAY! Wow, am I glad that weekend is over!

My school carnival went really well. I got about as wet as I was expecting in the dunk tank, and had a lot of fun doing it. And what an upper body workout hoisting myself back onto that silly platform!

Relay for Life was great too. I didn't get to stay as long as I wanted to because of my saturday morning commitments, but I walked for 2 hrs and 10 minutes while I was there.

The retreat I worked at was fantastic. The youth were so in tune with things I was very impressed. And, and ex saw me at church (we went to close the retreat), and had to tell me how fabulous I look. (what a happy morale boost!)

Sunday I had a decent weigh in. I only lost a pound, but I was able to fit into slacks that my mom sent me (because they didn't fit her any more) that I didn't fit into when she sent them to me. I've decided that i'm loosing inches even when I'm not losing pounds... and... as long as I'm loosing some weight I'm okay with smaller numbers.

so... My exercise numbers for the weekend...
2 hrs, 10 min at relay = 130 min
1 hr walk after church sat = 60 min
45 min walk sun afternoon
45 min walk sun evening
1 hr walk this morning
for a grand total of 340 minutes!!!

982-340 = 642

canadian mom 03-26-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haeyu14 (Post 1626497)
HAPPY MONDAY! Wow, am I glad that weekend is over!

My school carnival went really well. I got about as wet as I was expecting in the dunk tank, and had a lot of fun doing it. And what an upper body workout hoisting myself back onto that silly platform!

Just think you were soaking wet too so it was more than your body weight.

I always say to my DH I would stay this weight if my inches would just keep dropping.lol

642-90=552

canadian mom 03-26-2007 09:30 AM

Almost forgot welcome helpmelose!

hikerchick 03-26-2007 11:39 AM

552-45=507

LaBonita 03-26-2007 11:44 AM

Welcome to the challenge, helpmelose!

Just a quick check-in for me. If you read my post yesterday, you'll see I'm doing great, since I've lost two pounds since the start of the challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to check in more, but I find it so hard to come here to the boards and post now that the warm weather is setting in. I'm from Minnesota, so once the warm weather hits, EVERYONE is outside. Forget the computer....why waste the little time we have of warm weather being on the computer??

I do need to exercise more though. I'll hopefully do it once I get home after class. Have a great day everyone!

LaBonita 03-26-2007 08:55 PM

507 - 45 = 462

gentlebutterfly 03-26-2007 09:00 PM

I'll join! count me for say 10-15lbs!

helpmelose 03-27-2007 12:53 AM

Thanks for letting me join!!

Also thank for the welcome from : Canadian Mom, LaBonita, and MeaCulpa!!

I would like to :welcome: gentlebutterfly!

I am excited to begin and get this weight off. Today I didn't eat like I had planned. I had 1 slimfast, 1 slice pepperjack cheese, spicy v8, potato salad and baked beans, another slice of pepperjack cheese, homemade chicken enchiladas made with corn tortilla's (i had 3) and then some chocolate frozen yogurt. Hopefully tomorrow I will do much better now that I have some people to report to.

LaBonita I also need to exercise more, I know you can do it! :carrot:
haeyu14 Congratulations on losing inches!! :) I would take that right now!

My workout today was 30 minutes on The Bean. I hope this thing works! :^: I also took my dog to a the park for a walk but I wont count that.

462-30= 432

canadian mom 03-27-2007 09:16 AM

432-90=342

canadian mom 03-27-2007 09:17 AM

welcome gentlebutterfly

BeezKnees 03-27-2007 10:51 AM

342-75=267

JPennies 03-27-2007 02:23 PM

Hello everyone! ;)

:hug: Hello everyone! Was hoping it's not too late to join... I want to be down to the 120s by June 21st (the first day of summer!!!! AHHH!) but I am not sure where in the 120s I belong since I haven't been there in years... Today's weigh-in was 145.0 (my scale weighs per half pound) and I have a short term goal (meeting someone for the first time after April 15th) and then the longer goal (to 120s). I made it down to 134ish last year around October but fell off the wagon after gaining some holiday weight. :dizzy: The gym is not a problem for me - it's all about the eating...so if I start focusing on my portion size (and binge-free nights) I should break into the 130s easily, then the real challenge starts! So to a better night tonight and all the good tomorrows! Hope you're all doing well... ;)

Ciao ladies,
JP

MeaCulpa 03-27-2007 04:19 PM

Afternoon everyone! :welcome3: to all the new people! JPennies, I have the same problem. I get like that when I'm stressed, and right now I'm at an all time high, with waiting for grad school acceptance letters and term papers, and work...the list goes on and on lol. I've found that writing everything down helps out a lot, at least, it does for me.

Congrats to everyone who's lost inches, pounds, etc! The biggest change that I've noticed over the past couple of weeks is my upper body. I've lost inches around my arms and that area right underneath your bra. I think I might be losing some around the middle too, because my jeans don't seem quite as tight. :carrot: I'm so excited that we're all doing this together! I think it's fantastic to have a support system other than your family while you're doing this. :)

267-60=207 :cheer2: Keep it up ladies! :)