3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   98 Days (14 weeks) To Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/107279-98-days-14-weeks-summer-challenge.html)

MeaCulpa 03-15-2007 03:05 PM

98 Days (14 weeks) To Summer Challenge

Hi guys!

Feel free to join in on my challenge if you'd like. I figure, starting today, that we've got 98 days until summer officially begins. My goals are to start eating healthier, drink more water, and lose 15 pounds by then.

LaBonita 03-15-2007 03:58 PM

Hey, I'd like to join! You can never be involved in too many challenges!! LOL...I swear I've joined about 5 so far all at the same time.

My goal is to lose 15 pounds as well....that would put my weight at 129....9 pounds from GOAL! Hopefully I can be at goal before the end of the summer. :carrot:

I'm going to do some small changes from now until then. The Lent challenge I'm doing is proving to me that small changes really works....I've lost 5 pounds since I started it! And to think....before I thought changing EVERYTHING would work, and I didn't lose a POUND! So with this new revelation I'm definitely getting excited because getting to goal is starting to look so much easier.

I'm going to think of small changes and post later what they'll be! Hope to see more people join in on this challenge. :)

canadian mom 03-15-2007 04:38 PM

I'm in I will aim for 7 pounds that will put me at 130. My first goal weight is 135 and I haven't reached that yet. If I reach my easter challenge of 135 I may change this goal.

poppins3 03-15-2007 04:59 PM

Count me IN! Losing 15 lbs. would put me at 123.

Right now, I think I'd like to be down to 115, but I can't remember being any smaller than 135, so I'm not even sure what my goal weight IS!

canadian mom 03-15-2007 05:14 PM

Well If everyone else is going for 15 I will too even though I am quite sure I will not reach it. I will aim for 15. Now I have to change my ticker.

Changed my mind I will do 10

sassyredneckgirl 03-15-2007 05:36 PM

Hi everyone!!... Count me in I would actually like to loose 15lbs by b-day May 13th.. I think I can I think I can I hope I can!!!

Denise

Clover2007 03-15-2007 05:55 PM

Hey all

Count me in too. I'm new and am still trying to figure out how everything works.

So eat healthier, drink more water and lose 15lbs by summer - sounds good. Need to start somewhere!

BBarnes 03-15-2007 06:34 PM

I'm in for 15 lbs by May 14th(that's my anniversery!!!). That'd put me at 204. I'm off to the gym soon and making chicken fried rice (a healthy version) for dinner. Good luck girlies, I know I need it!

futurepixie 03-15-2007 09:44 PM

I'm in!

I am gonna set my goal at 18 pounds, because that would put me right at 140. Yeah that would be pretty exciting. Okay that is a bit more than a pound a week. I can do this!

MeaCulpa 03-16-2007 08:25 AM

Yay! I'm so glad to see that people would like to join my challenge!

Ok, so I'll tell you a little bit about myself, and then you can do the same if you want to. I'm a senior at Pitt, majoring in Psychology and Religious Studies. While I lived on campus, I did pretty well with the whole weight management thing. This year I moved home to save money and to help take care of my grandmother. Oy, what a mistake! I love my family dearly, but they don't always eat healthy, although they try. There's lots of bad stuff to snack on around the house, which was bad for me when I started applying to grad school. When I get stressed, I eat. The more stressed out I am, the more I eat. And since November, I've been super stressed lol. Well, last week I decided to get on the scale just for "fun" to see what I weight. I was shocked to see that I weighed almost 200 pounds. Now, I've always been a big girl, but that was the most I've ever weighed. Well, that's when I decided that something's gotta change. I've decided that when I get stressed, instead of eating, I'm going to exercise. It's been working well so far, at least I think it has. I'm doing the 10 Minute Solutions: Pilates video and I've noticed improvements here and there. My posture has improved and my arms don't seem as jiggly, which makes me happy.

I saw something on the Biggest Loser forum, and I thought it would be fun to try. It was called Around the World challenge, and I was wondering if everyone would like to try it. Basically, you pick city to start at (I guess we could start at Pittsburgh, since that's where I'm from) and pick a destination city. You figure out the miles to that city, and then to get to that city, you and your team post how many minutes you work every day and then subtract it from the previous total. Then the person who gets us to that city can post some fun facts about that city and then pick the next one. If I didn't explain that good enough, check out the forum lol. How 'bout it? Would you guys like to travel "around the world"?

poppins3 03-16-2007 08:45 AM

How about Pittsburgh to Miami?

That's 1,182 miles!

BeezKnees 03-16-2007 09:25 AM

Yea!

This is just what I need! Thanks for starting this!

I'd like to lose 15 pounds by June 15. My goal is to stick to my food plan (1400 calories, no sugar, no wheat, clean eating), drink 3 liters of water a day, do cardio 5 days a week, plyo on Saturdays, and weights 3 days a week.

I'm 39 and have been about 20 pounds overweight almost my whole adult life. The heaviest I've ever been was 185 about 5 years ago. I lost 15 pounds by counting calories, then a period of extreme stress brought me down to about 152. As life settled down, the pounds crept back on and here I am again, at my usual 165. (I was 170 3 weeks ago.)

For the first time in my life, I feel dedicated and excited about becoming healthier. It's not just about a flat tummy anymore. This is about longevity and peace too. :) I think that's what's making it "stick."

I have a good moral support system - my husband cheers me on and gave me 6 personal training sessions for my birthday. I have 2 left, and I've decided that I'm going to continue to see my PT once a month for tweaking. That has been invaluable. It helped me overcome my intimidation of the weights and showed me what to do.

The weight has been slow coming off, but I understand that muscle weighs more than fat, that I have to be rigorous in counting calories and getting myself to the gym, and that lasting change takes time. My jeans are loose, so that's a good thing. :)
:sunny:
:beach:

canadian mom 03-16-2007 10:04 AM

I'm a 28 year old stay at home mom of 4 [10,9,4,2 1/2 only 1 boy (4)]. I have been at this weight thing seriously for a year now. I have almost hit my first goal , to get to a "healthy" BMI. Currently I do calestetics,free weights, interval trainning and work out tapes. I have no "real schedule except weights every second day. I work out ususally a minimum of 60 mins a day.

futurepixie 03-16-2007 03:23 PM

I am a 26 year old who has fought with her weight her entire life. Mostly because i always wanted to be thin, and never gave much thought to being healthy. I am a social person who used to make bad choices- i love going out to eat. i love food in general. I love going out and partying and i used to love smoking cigarettes. this year i got tired of feeling bad and feeling bad about myself. so, i quit smoking on january first, joined weight watchers, and started making changes. it has been hard, but every bit worth it. i am proud that most people gain when they quit smoking and i have lost 13 lbs since i started and taken up running. But now for some reason the scale refuses to budge, so this is for me! I also live on the coast and didn't go to the beach ONCE last year. that isn't happening this year.

707Goddess 03-16-2007 03:33 PM

Im in count me for 15 LBS that is a comfortable spot for me
Im 34 4 kids and grandma hottie to be 04/27/2007 married to a wonderful man and work full time at a desk job
Michelle