3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   98 Days (14 weeks) To Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/107279-98-days-14-weeks-summer-challenge.html)

sznn 03-20-2007 11:38 PM

Hello,
Well it's the first day of spring and I am glad to have stumbled on this challenge.
I'm in for 15lbs by summer!
I lost 40ish lbs from Nov 05 - Aug 06 ...and since the holidays 10 or so lbs have found their way back:o

So I'll jump in - what is the math you are all doing? Exercise minutes??
Look forward to shrinking with you all.
;)
-S

MeaCulpa 03-21-2007 08:45 AM

Hi! Well, I think what we're doing is a fun way to stay motivated. At least, it is for me. We're "traveling" around the world. We started in Pittsburgh, and picked Miami as our destination. I posted how many miles it is to Miami, and then every minute of exercise we do is a "mile" towards Miami. Once we "reach" Miami, the person who gets us there will pick another destination and then we'll travel there. I saw it in another forum, and I thought that it looked fun.

How is everyone doing this morning? I'm excited, because that weird fat between my armpits and waist is disappearing. That definitely makes me happy :carrot: .

So, I'm curious. What kinds of things do you guys use to reward yourself for a job well done. After I finish this challenge, I think I'm going to buy myself a nice expensive book that I've been eyeing at the bookstore. Once I get to my goal weight (hopefully by August), I'm going to take up ballroom dancing :D . It's something that I've always wanted to do, but I never had the time to do in high school, and I always felt too "fat" to take it up in college. I know I know, it's good exercise. Anyway, I'm off to another fun filled day of class.

141-60= 81

sheila1971 03-21-2007 08:58 AM

sheila

Hello I am new to this

count me in I would like to loose 20 pounds by June 1st. I have struggled for the last 9 years after my hystorectomy. I so far have lost a good chunk here recently, Let's do it:p

BeezKnees 03-21-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeaCulpa (Post 1619912)
What kinds of things do you guys use to reward yourself for a job well done.

I haven't been rewarding myself at all. I see other people do it, and I think it's a great idea.

Okay, for my mini goal of 159, I'm going to get a pedicure. A good one. And I'm going to get cute little flowers painted on my toenails. :lol:

For my summer challenge reward, maybe a good watch that measures my heart rate.

canadian mom 03-21-2007 09:51 AM

81-90= We are there

Now to me new brunswick Canada 1,922 miles

JasonsLea 03-21-2007 09:56 PM

My Summer Goal:

Lose my first 10% (25.22 lbs)

The first day of summer is June 21st right?

haeyu14 03-22-2007 08:44 AM

Back north??? But it's cold up there! I was hoping for somewhere warm and sunny... like Cancun... :flow2: I guess I'll just have to be the one to get us where we're going.

I've been a way from my computer for a couple days, so I have 2 days of exercise to start us out.

1922-180 = 1812

MeaCulpa 03-22-2007 09:07 AM

How's everyone doing today? I am really really groggy this morning, because of course, I put off doing a paper that is due today. Oh, senioritis how I hate you. But, I did get up and exercise, so that's good. The weather is going to be fantastic today, which is unusual for Pittsburgh, so I'm definitely going to take advantage of that!

1812-60=1752

canadian mom 03-22-2007 09:28 AM

1752-60=1692

BeezKnees 03-22-2007 10:50 AM

1692-60=1632

After meeting with my PT last night, I had a little talk with myself in the shower this morning. It's time to get real and stop sabotaging my efforts with ice cream and cookies and little treats here and there.

LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE, BEEZ. Instant gratification only lasts for an instant. It's go time.

canadian mom 03-22-2007 11:10 AM

Have you tried to let yourself have something once a week. Some people call it cheat day but i do not like the way that sounds I figure it into my cals (I am a calorie counter) then you do not feel like you are being deprived of something.

BeezKnees 03-22-2007 11:15 AM

Actually, I am allowed to have two meals a week of whatever I want, as much as I want. If I could stick to just those two meals, I'd be good to go. It's the nightly ice cream that's eating my lunch. I feel sorry for myself when everyone else is chowing down so I go get some. Argh!

canadian mom 03-22-2007 12:00 PM

i know the feeling for me it is cereal at night i used to have (gave it up for lent) a BIG bowl and I mean the bowl holds about 3 cups of cereal and somtimes (like saturday nights) I go back fo seconds. I never thought cereal would be a weight loss problem for me. I have tried the no sugar cereal but I end yup eating more sugar with them (I have cereal with my sugar)

hikerchick 03-22-2007 02:45 PM

I like rewards. Heavier weights and running shoes. Though I may not wait til summer. I like the idea of a heart rate monitor. Little fitness gadgets are fun. I am surprised at how much my little old watch has helped me with running.

1632-60=1572

spring76 03-22-2007 03:56 PM

Hello all--
I hope it is not too late to join this challenge. I have been dieting on my own for a long time with very little success--this sounds like fun. I have to get back to work now (lunch is over) I will post more tonight.