3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   98 Days (14 weeks) To Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/107279-98-days-14-weeks-summer-challenge.html)

canadian mom 03-19-2007 09:53 AM

771-90=681

I am down 1.5 pounds i hope the rest of the weight is this easier but probably won't be now that I am at the end of the weight loss thing it is getting harder. I will go for weeks and I mean weeks without loosing a pound then all of a sudden drop a couple. Oh well I shouldn't complain at least I am still losing.

BeezKnees 03-19-2007 09:58 AM

Oh wait! I messed up and drove us all in the wrong direction! Can you tell I'll never be a math major?!?

651-80=571 (mine)
571-90=481 (cm)

CM, maybe pounds aren't the the best way to gauge your progress anymore?

canadian mom 03-19-2007 10:03 AM

If I do not know what my weight is it will go up and up so I have to keep an eye on it. Over x-mas I did not weight myself and it has taken a while to lose the x-mas weight. Actually it was the first of this month.

MeaCulpa 03-19-2007 11:17 AM

Good morning ladies! How's everyone doing today? I'm kinda achy this morning, since I went up to my old high school and tried running. I got a mile in before I quit, but that's better than nothing I suppose! I've gotta start somewhere, right? CM, looks like you've come a long way! It does get harder towards the end, or so I've heard. Just keep moving and before you know it, you'll be at your goal! We'll all be here cheering you along :)

481-60=421

LaBonita 03-19-2007 12:25 PM

Sorry, wasn't around all weekend! And haven't done any exercise yet, but I'll be back later to add my workout minutes to our Around the World thing. How's everyone doing?

My weigh-in day went better than expected....I thought I had gained cuz I wasn't doing so well, but I maintained (phew!).

Just curious: what do all of you girls do for exercise? What's your weekly plan? I'm trying to come up with one...I can never stick to one cuz I get bored.

MeaCulpa 03-19-2007 02:02 PM

Well, as far as my plan goes, I'm doing an exercise tape called 10 Minute Solutions: Pilates. It's been an awesome tape so far. I've noticed a big improvement in my posture, my waistline and my arms. I don't really like the cardio workout, because I don't think it's that effective, but maybe it's just me...since I lost 3 pounds last week. I'm also going to start walking/running the track up at my old high school to try to get a better cardio workout. I think that after next week, I'm going to switch to another video. I heard that it's better for your workout plan if you switch things up every so often. That's a good idea, since I get bored easily too.

BeezKnees 03-20-2007 12:21 AM

CM - Oh, I didn't mean stay off the scale. I have to keep an eye on the numbers too or things can spiral quickly out of control. Are you happy with everything other than the number on the scale?

As for exercise, I'm still trying to work on a schedule. I meet with my PT on Wednesdays and I never know what we're going to do, so I have to not do any weight training after Sunday in order to give my muscles ample time to recover before PT. This week is the 5th of my 6 sessions, and I plan on going two weeks before the next one, so I hope to have a plan in place soon.

I'm thinking something like this:
Saturday: Plyo (It's lower body and cardio wrapped up in one), Abs
Sunday: Upper Body, Cardio
Monday: Cardio, Abs
Tuesday: Lower Body, Cardio
Wednesday: Upper Body, Abs, Cardio
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Off Day

Cardio at this point = 20 minutes of sprints on the stationary bike, then 35 minutes of big hills on the treadmill. I'm working up the gumption to do the stairmaster.

canadian mom 03-20-2007 11:08 AM

I don't care that much what the scale says as long as inches are going down. lol I need to get a tummy tuck but we cannot afford it right now so I hope in the next couple of years I will. I tihnk right now that is about the worst of it except my legs no matter what I do they are going no where but I always had big legs even when I was a teen. I hjad to get jeans to fit my thighs not the rest of me and when they fit in the waist they looked painted on my thighs lol

as for exercise well I do free weights every second day, calestectics and cardio. I try to do cardio everyday. Cardio is anywhere from 30-60 mins then I walk for 30 mins everyday.so I exercise anywheres from 1-2 hours/day. My day off or at least an easier day is usually whatever day I am gonna be busy that week like today i only got in 30 mins.

my cardio is interval traiming I do 3 mins warm up 4 mins up 1 min down (5times) then 3 mins cool down also I do 5 min warm up 10 mins up 3 mins down(5 times) except the cool down I do until I hit 60 mins.

canadian mom 03-20-2007 11:17 AM

421-30=391

haeyu14 03-20-2007 01:43 PM

Hi! I know I'm late in joining in, but i love this idea with the destinations and w/ setting a summer goal. I am going to wait until after easter to set my summer goal (it will depend on how I do w/ my easter goal), but I'm definately game for the traveling.

It kinda suits me joining in here... w/ about 400 miles left you're just into Florida from Georgia. My 60 min of exercise from this morning will get you even closer to where I live in FL. :)

391-60=331

hikerchick 03-20-2007 03:19 PM

Hello I'm in 15lbs by summer. I found you guys through my long lost twin Beez. Gotta figure out how to clip in another ticker.

I am 37 extra twenty pounds my entire adult life etc. etc. really Beez we have a similar body type (dug your rocket pose). I've got a bigger belly. Two kids. Don't know if you have any but I am just going to go ahead and blame it on them.

Love reading everyone's plans. I aim for 1300-1400 ish calories a day. Workouts have been 30 minutes of running plus lbwo every other day alternating with upper body workouts (on the weekend I run for an hour). Just started to add intervals to my runs which really helped me get a better workout. Not doing a ton of cardio might add more but really want to uppify the amount of weight I am lifting. Bigger faster stronger...OK well maybe not bigger. But faster and stronger. That part.

Whats this plyo business. I think I'll go google it.

BeezKnees 03-20-2007 04:09 PM

:high: HI TWIN!!!

Whoo hoo! HC is here! :cheer2: Girl, are you from Texas? I noticed the armadillo. If you are, add that to our similarities! :D

Dang. I was fat before I had my kids. Wish I could blame it on them. You lucky thing, you. :p

I'm not exactly sure how to describe plyo. Every time I googled it, it just kept saying "a series of explosive movements." It's cool though - a real tough girl workout. :D

LaBonita 03-20-2007 07:18 PM

331 - 60 = 271

hikerchick 03-20-2007 08:46 PM

HC:) I like the nickname. OK I was fat before kids too...but only just squishy. Still they didn't force feed me whilst pregnant so it is a bit of a cop out.

I'm a long ways from texas. Northern California. My brother lived in houston for 10 years though if that counts. I just like those dillos.

Today 40 minutes of intervals and 30 minutes of lbwo.

271-70=201

MeaCulpa 03-20-2007 08:59 PM

Yay! Hello to all the new people! How'd everyone do today? I didn't exercise this morning, and I definitely felt "blah" all day today, so I did my tapes a few minutes ago. I was amazed at how much energy exercising gave me, even though I've only really been doing it for a week. I'm going to need energy in the next couple of weeks, with all the term papers that I'm going to have to write.

201-60=141