Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #76  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies.Newbie here. After reading the posts I was wondering what the group is all bout. Sounds interesting.
BTW -Congrats rockinrobin on the 100lb weight loos! that's fantastic
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #77  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Hello, Girls!!

I know, I know - I said I would check in last night, and I'm sorry I didn't, but DH had "other plans" for me last night. Hope you can forgive me for that!

I have been out of the loop for so long, I don't even know where to begin... but I can see from just briefly reading over everyone's posts that everyone seems to be doing pretty well! Work has been insane. I don't know why, but it's like that around here - we're either sitting around twiddling our thumbs and waiting for work or we're strangling each other over a hot deadline.

My tummy seems to have settled down, finally - and it's a good thing, too, because all the girls here at work were jocularly speculating that I could be pregnant! I mean, that would certainly not be a bad thing... but it's just not a thing we were necessarily planning on right now.

Today was my weigh-in, and I'm still dead stuck at 166. I should mention that I'm as bloated as a walrus due to PMS, and I am secretly hoping that once TOM arrives next week (IF I'm not pregnant, that is!) that Mr. Scale will have better news for me.

LaBonita - I gave my Girl Scout Cookies to the entire office. I couldn't sit around looking at them anymore, so I put them in the kitchen with a note that reads: "Cookies for All! Please save me from myself and eat them!" It was like dropping a hunk of meat into a piranha pit.

Shelby and Jeni, you were both talking about organic foods... I read somewhere recently that there are some produce items where it doesn't even matter if it's organic or not as far as being detrimental to a person's health - something about the way some produce absorbs pesticides more than others? I wish I could remember the science behind it. Anyway, the organic produce retailers market everything so heavily because it seems to be a hot trend right now and they're banking on consumers not knowing which foods don't really need to be bought as "organic." Anything to make a few extra bucks, I guess. Crazy stuff.

Brandy - glad you're feeling a little perkier. One day, all that stuff will be behind you.

Michelle - you have really kicked yourself back into gear! Wow!!! Good for you, girl!!! And yes, please do be sure to give yourself a little downtime after such great workouts!

Holyteror - migraines are the worst, and they will completely wipe you out for days on end... I hope you're feeling better soon. Take good care of yourself.

Shari - yes, please do NOT go walking when there are tornadoes touching down around you... we do not want to get updates from you in the land of Oz and prefer you here on THIS plane of existence, thank you very much.

Robin - how's it going with you? You were talking about how all the Hershey Kisses talk was not good... yeah... I was SO FEELING the "food talk" pain this week. Everyone in the office has been eating hoagies and fatty deli things, and the smell/talk of them was unbearable for me. I ended up caving in and getting a roasted eggplant wrap which wasn't too bad, but what I REALLY wanted was a big, fat, juicy corned-beef sandwich.

I'm quite sure I missed a whole bunch of you - and I am REALLY sorry, but you know what?? THAT IS GREAT!! I'm SO jazzed that there are so many people benefiting from this challenge, and I am glad that you're all sticking with it and doing the very best you can. Like Robin's sig says:

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now - and just do it."

And that is advice you can take to the bank.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Ramblings (and inspiration?)

I have been turning something around in my head for the past week or so that I wanted to share with you all. Has anyone heard about this new book out (I think it's a book?) called The Secret? I had seen something about it on the Today Show. They had the author of the book on the show as well as the psychologist they always get to weigh in on all their stuff.

Anyway - the premise behind The Secret is kind of fascinating. To summarize it very briefly, basically the jist of it is that if you want something badly enough and focus on wanting it (being a millionaire, buying a dream home, etc.), it'll happen for you. The book goes into all kinds of "science" about it - positive vibrations radiating out into the atmosphere and things like that - which of course the psychologist ripped apart as being nonsense.

I don't know if any of that purported "science" is true. (Hey, it could be!) However, I don't think we should dismiss the very basic premise of The Secret. Having seen it happen in my own life, I know that if you really, REALLY want something badly enough, all of your energies - some of which are the conscious choices we make and some which may be a subtle, subconscious undercurrent of focused direction - will be pointed towards helping you achieve whatever you want. We all know that visualization is a powerful tool... and I am challenging myself and any of you who are willing to give it a try to remember The Secret and apply it towards achieving the life you want to live, the you that you want to be, the healthy, vibrant, self-confident and beautiful person you ARE.

That being said - have a wonderful, healthy, focused day!! Glad I could finally catch up with you all!

W: 100 ounces
E: Hopefully after work - quickie at the gym
E: 1400 calories
D: Remember THE SECRET! Also, make sure to get that water in. I've been having a hard time with that lately.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #78  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, lovemacon!

Here is the No Foolin' Challenge introduction thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104716

Looking forward to hearing more from you!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #79  
a new me

Talking I'm up for the challenge

Thanks for the link...I'm in. This is just the accountability I need.
Well here goes.

My W.O.w Goal is 185 by April 1st.

W-Increase my water intake drastically. My goal-8 oz every 2 hours. May not sound like a lot, but I find this one really hard to get in.

E-Continue 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds video at least 5 days/week. It's pretty icky where I am so until I can get out this is going to be my thing.

E-Continue to eat on plan. Plan more of an eathing schedule of 4-5 meals a day.

D-daily affimation. I love myself (and my family) enough to make "me" a priority. So often I get everything done for everyone else. My exercise is something I must do in order to be healthy, so I have to get it done by any means necessary.

Thanks group I look forward to posting with everyone.

[/url]
Old 03-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #80  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Suz, Wouldn't that be fun???? I am glad to see you back in your normal form. I missed seeing you every morning.

Welcome lovemacon. I hope you enjoy this group as much as me.

I only have time for a quick I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am sure I will see some faces here.

No movement on the scale for me this week. I had hopes, but TOM is coming, so I didn't expect.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #81  

hey ladies, hows the weed goin? long day of cleaning the house gone and i am exhausted!!
W: 6 cups done for now
E: 1 hour of dancing and some ab exercises
E: today is my SHD for the wendie plan and so far i took in 24 out of 30 points. my dinner was HUGE but mostly due to 3 vegetable only dishes and i feel so so so full right now. took in 11 servings of fruits n veggies for now
D: get my homework done for wednesday and study for my CPE on tuesday.

to anyone celebrating Purim this weekend...HAPPY PURIM!!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #82  

Hello everybody

Hope everyone had a great day -- I think I need to save a file somewhere with everyones names so I can keep track

But, just a quick note for tonight anyway. Think I figured out what my big issue was yesterday and what is still driving me crazy today -- the week before TOM (don't keep close tabs on this -- thinking "it's back already!!") -- which always just about drives me to drink!! So, now that I know whats wrong, I'm just going to be extra, extra vigalent on it. This will be the first time ever I get myself through without binging for a week but I'm going to do it -- just need to go buy the warehouse size box of microwave popcorn!!

WEED for tomorrow --

W -- 64 ounces (don't think I was even close today)
E -- Unfortunately no gym on weekends, so I'll just try to be more active with the kids (did 40 minutes on treadmill today)
E -- Keep calories under 1500 (did 1484 today)
D -- To continue to readjust my thinking towards what's important, not the feeling of the moment but what will really last.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #83  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

hi bean!

Shelby, I get that way before my TOM so I know when it is coming based on that. It seems that my cycles are getting closer and closer together which really sucks.

W 120 oz
E dont know about this one. I hope to get in 60 minutes.
E 1500 cals
D laundry I hate laundry
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #84  

hi jcatron!! lol hi everybody!! hows the weed goin?
W: so far 6 cups hopefully more later
E: i was hardly moving at work cuz i forgot to stretch yesterday grrrr silly me
E: had a very appropriate breakfast lunch n snack....weird for me
D: pray to God that i can reschedule my CPE, i am not nearly as ready *crosses fingers*

good luck everybody!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #85  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello everyone a quick check in. WEED's been very good. Please forgive me for not addressing everyone. There's just too much to catch up on. I haven't been feeling 100%, some weird digestive problems of all things I have been experiencing. Scary at that. My throat is on fire, and it constantly feels as if food is getting stuck in my chest as it goes down my esophagus and just a general pain in my chest, not heart, but digestive. My dr. said to get to a gastrointerologist (sp?) as soon as possible. I have an appointment Monday morning.

Bean, yes I will be celebrating PURIM!!!!! Already started, just heard the Megillah. Yup, the whole Megillah. Tomorrow's going to be a hard, hard day for me, what with all the food going out and COMING in and then of course there is a HUGE meal at my SIL's house. This is truly the hardest day of the year for me.

Take care everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #86  

I don't know, this thread is making me nervous, everyone seems to be getting sick -- is WEED contagious??

Robin -- hope you feel better and good luck with the gastroenterologist. And, hope today goes well with all the food around.

Jeni -- I figure since I'm done having kids, that it would only be far for TOM to disappear, right? It makes sense to me.

Hope everyone has a great day and makes it through the Sunday temptations!!

Sticking to my basic WEED -- I guess I should just make up a "weekly" WEED at some point.

Take care!!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #87  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals! How funny, I only JUST today noticed you can refer back to posts by scrolling down on the reply screen. Here I've been making notes, who said what, etc. Nice feature!

Snowy blah day today....gym is closed sundays...no work (!!) I think we're heading out to walk the mall or something. I'm still here in my jammies noon on a sunday...

So I've been doing really GREAT since last monday, went to the gym three days, and did the steps every night at work (my thighs are BURNIN! ) But last night, did drink a little too much and had some hot wings. Did well avoiding the fried food sampler the team ordered too. Had some friends over for games and ordered pizza, broasted chick/ jo jos....did FAIR but admit I did indulge. I won't call it a full on binge though, I didn't stuff and over stuff myself to discomfort...just call it not the best choice and move on. Plus I'd been sleeping all that day so calorically I was probably okay, it wasn't like I had a full days meals PLUS the beer, pizza, etc. And I've already been good this morning.

Do any of you read Muscle and Fitness-Hers? I decided that its probably my favorite fitness magazine (other than like weight watchers) It shows a lot of gym moves/routines and glossy pics and whatnot...I really learn alot reading it, even though I'm one one to "compete" in body contests, etc. I like to read Self, Fitness, etc but sometimes they are a little too "bubblegum" for me and don't really give a lot of specific concrete help. I get it- you have to focus on the whole person, spiritual, etc, but when I pick up a fitness mag, I want to know how much weight, how many reps, what exercises to do, etc.

The scale hasn't moved for me yet.....lets plan ahead for some WEED

W- lots, oh yes, and I did pick up some crystal light to go packets, they're pretty good, a bit like koolaid, but turns out I like regular ol cold water better. I'll aim for 3-4 liters today, one liter down already.

E- breakfast was WW english muffin with RF pb and SF jelly and a banana, Lunch will be one of the salads I premade this week, possibly a can of shredded chicken on it...dinner...? DH will want the leftover pizza/chick, so I'll go for a lean cuisine or some soup/turkey sammie. Or maybe we'll eat out since we're going shopping.

E- toughie....treadmill is still up in the family room, so maybe I'll hop on it, or count the shopping trip as exercise or maybe I can do that Pilates for Dummies video, or some resistance band exercises I got in the new edition of M&F Hers this month.

D- Enjoy the kids, hold on to my patience, enjoy a REAL day off. Relax, have some fun, play some games, or rent a movie. WEE, of course.

Well methinks I should at least get dressed sometime today. xoxoxo michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #88  
a new me

Just chein in
Well my weekend has gone pretty much according to plan, but if I don't get tot the store quick I know my old habits could reappear. So my WEED goals are pretty much the same.
W-More than yesteday..Still struggling with this one.
E-No Exercise today. Did 45 minutes yesterday.
E-Eat Consciously
D-Housework, so I can focus on the kids more this week.
See you all in the morning.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #89  

Wow, this whole site kind of becomes a ghost town on the weekends!!

So, I've decided to stop the daily WEED and make up an overall weekly WEED so I can spend my time chating on here more than thinking up some WEED!

Hope everyone is having a nice, peaceful weekend.

W -- 65 ounces -- less soda, more water!!
E -- 40 minutes 5 days a week at the Y
E -- Decrease fat and carbs and increase protein and vegs and find something besides bananas to eat for fruit!!
D -- Practice my patience, stress relief and quit waiting to be thin to live and start living for the enjoyment of it again!!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Okay, I'm back. I usually am not on at all on the weekends. My weekend didn't go so well food and exercise-wise. But that's okay. I won't beat myself up over it. I gotta get working on homework, so I gotta go. Hope everyone's doing well! I'll post my WEED for tomorrow in the morning.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote