Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #61  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Suz ~ I hope that your tummy gets better soon and your computer problems are over.

Brandy ~ I'm praying that your tests come out good.

Jeni ~ I'm glad Maxie's arm is okay.

Robin!

Shelby ~ The kisses were devoured yesterday. I actually did better than usual because I started giving handfuls to my friends as soon as I opened the bag. But I still ate too many. Oh well. Today is a new day and I've done really well. I am so ready to move into my place. I'm having misgivings about my roommate but we're going to see where this goes.

YAY LaBonita!

Hi Jenny! I haven't seen you in a while! Welcome back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was a day of cravings! But guess what? I didn't give in...AT ALL! I haven't done that since....my very first run of WW almost two years ago! I resisted the juice, the muffin, the bacon, the soda, the chocolate, the fries, and the pie! Thankfully, my lil sister and brother had already ate the rest of the pizza by the time I got home so I didn't have to resist that. Now my piggy bank is in the positive! I still need to start my exercise again. I was planning on going walking today but a tornado touched down so no go. It wasn't bad in my area, just the usual rain and slight winds, but it killed 13 in my state. I will say a prayer for their families.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #62  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Robin, The main reason I am suffering through this crap is because I don't have insurance right now. I thought about hijacking a couple of DHs. antibiotics, but I am allergic penicillin and I don't know how I will react to this drug. (I know this is bad but, ) I even thought of having DH call the doc and saying he had a reaction so he could get more. BUT I will be okay, Its really just annoying having a runny nose. Thanks for the idea of Yogurt. I need to start having my protein shakes again instead of slimfast. but slimfast taste much better AND are easier to grab and go (I wont pay the $$ for the on the go Protein shakes, usually 6.87 for 4.

Shelby and LaBonita, I always feel that way about a week before TOM. I have really gotten to know my body, when I feel like that I go ahead and let myself eat what I need, I just don't do it all the way through to the end of TOM. If I deny myself the urges only get worse.

Paula what are you sewing??

Labonita, Great job turning your day around!!! It always helps if you feel like you are on a downward spiral to come here, check in and/or go read some success stories. I love reading Glory's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
I need to drink more water!! that is my bad downfall today (okay so was the caramel Machiato I had this morning). I had a lunch with more carbs (still low cal) and it helped with my afternoon munchies. I didn't over do it, It just had more substance to it than the soup I have been eating.
Tonight for dinner: chicken tacos with brown rice and kidney beans!!! MMMMM, I am hoping I can get enough substance to it for my Hubby and kids to enjoy.

I think I may skip the gym tonight. I just don't feel like going anywhere. I'll see what DH thinks. If he promised Makie Busy Town, then I guess I will go for a short workout. I think Thursdays are a good day for me to take off! (well I don't usually have time on Fridays to workout either, MAN I better go!)

See ya in the AM
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #63  
Calorie Counter

Okay girls I mustve taken to long to post.

WELCOME BACK JENNY!!! I am glad to see you posting again. 8 1/2 inches? great job. I love getting compliments on my weight loss. especially from people who haven't seen me in a while.

Shari: congrats on resisting!!! I have a big problem resisting.

Oh, one more story. A girl that I work with today was talking about how "you should only eat organic food" blah blah blah (No offense to those who eat only organic food) but then she devored an entire BIG ORGANIC chocolate bar that had 370 calories in it. How can you claim to be "healthy" when you eat that much junk?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #64  

Jeni -- I have a friend who only does organic -- whole family, so when we had a girls night out -- I was shocked to see her order herself a big tray of nachos, cheese, and all the trimmings just for herself -- how unfair to her kids who have to eat "tofu dogs", etc. I would eat all organic, if I could afford it -- I think it would be great but she is obviously a "do as I say..." kind of person, because she's always ripping the rest of us apart for letting our kids have treats. Not to play doctor -- but does your husband have insurance? Does he have refills on his prescription? If so maybe he could go in a refill it for you?? (Don't tell my bosses (doctors) I told you this! I type reports stating "husband had such and such" and when the patient tells his doctor the wife has the same symptoms, he'll just write her out a prescription too without seeing her!!

Well, too tired to write to everyone tonight -- so here's a blanket "Hope you had a great day and did wonderful" Apparently today was not my good day so here's my WEED for tomorrow and I know I'll get back on track because I feel so horrible tonight, I don't want another day like this.

W -- my three bottles
E -- YMCA at 4:00 p.m. (craziest time to get on machines, but quiet time for my little man in the kid's room)
E -- Get my act together and stick to 1500 calories
D -- I will not let one failed day ruin the rest for me.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #65  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i'm currently on day 2 of a nasty migraine. the boss offered to give me vicodin to take when I got home. fortunately I have some here...i don't want to have to take any for this headache but oh my gosh, i'm in PAIN. food smells were making me pukey, light was hurtin.....i came home, turned off the lights, and took a little nap. i felt a little better but not much when i woke up. still feelin kinda gross right now. not doin so great on anything cuz i feel like uck........so hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow to post better day stuff Hope everyone has a good one tomorrow
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 AM   #66  

Holyteror -- hope you feel better -- my sister gets migraines all the time -- get some sleep!!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 AM   #67  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well crap, I thought the site was down for maintenance or something but here I am at work and I'm on. Something must be wrong with home puter? Missed you gals!! Lots to catch up on! I haven't even really read all the posts yet....

Robin, I picked up Pilates for Dummies TODAY too! Didn't try it out yet!

I did get the chicken soup for the dieters....not impressed.

Brandy! Let us know how the appt with the dr. goes....::ositive vibes::::

I am SORE today! I did the steps at work (6 floors!) Saturday night ONCE, Monday night TWICE and Tuesday night THREE TIMES! (a few hrs apart but WOW me!) Then woke up Wed, killed it at the gym, and now my thighs are BURNIN! No stairs for me tonight for sure. But I can get to the gym tomorrow after I wake up, around 2...don't work until 11p.

Anyone watching DIRT? It's becoming my new OBSESSION.

Holyteror, hope the migraines go away...that's not helping your sleep much!

Crap getting cut short, sorry, I'll see what's up with my home computer and pop in tomorrow. xoxoxoxo Michelle....5 days BINGE FREE for me!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:45 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

I hoping for a better day today than the last couple ones. I've just had too much going on to get all the wter in and to many restaurants to stay on program.

LaBonita- Good for you for not eating all the cookies in one sitting. You have WAY more will power than I do.

Jenny- Congrats on the inches lost. Doesn't it feel good when others notice?

My WEED:
W- drink 3-4 bottles of water. No excuses.
E- Sounds like I'm going to be doing a lot of mopping in my daughters basement. So much rain and melting snow has caused it flood.
E- Eat healthy meals made at home.
D- My plan today was to sew, but now it looks like I'm going to me mopping.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

I guess I shouldn't multi-task and do more than one thing on the computer at a time . I was reading page 4 and forgot that there was a page 5 to answer today.

Shari- Super on staying on track. It must have been the moon yeaterday because I had the munchies too. I only went after the healthy snacks though.

Jeni- I have an on-line business and I have orders for a pioneer dress, 2 cheerleader outfits and a whale costume for a school play. I have 2 weeks to get them finished and int he mail so I have to get buys on them They are all cut out and no waiting for me to sit at the sewing machine.

HolyTeror- I hope you're feeling better this morning. Mirgaines are no fun at all.

Michelle- Hope your legs are feeling better today.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #70  

Good morning everybody What a difference a good night's sleep makes! I stopped working early enough to get to bed by 12:00, the scales are long gone (don't know why I bought another pair anyway ). I've read up on measuring myself which is my goal for today and I'll take it from there. I was very depressed about what I did yesterday, but today is a whole new day, even if it takes me until weigh in to clean up from yesterday, I'm back on track.

Hope everyone has an awesome day -- Paula sorry about the mopping -- you are a good mom!!

Michelle -- you are an exercise queen!! Hope you have a great day.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #71  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Happy Friday!

I'm feeling happier than I did yesterday. Going for the retest really took a toll emotionally and made me face all thats happened instead of keeping it buried where I've shoved it the past 2 weeks. I'm doing better today. I'm very anxious to get my results but that probably wont be til next Wed. and I dont meet with a dr. again til the end of the month.

Shelby-I'm glad your putting yesterday behind you. Measuring instead of weighing seems like a great idea.

Paula-Happy mopping. Take it easy and dont overdo it. You ARE a great mom.

Michelle-I hope your thigh burn has worn off some. WOW! 6 flights 3 times in 1 night. You're incredible. I hope your home puter is working for you again.

Holyteror- I hope it doesnt last long.

Jeni-I'd love to eat organically, but just cant afford it. I just really worry about all the fertilizers/pesticides that are used now days. Trust me, I live in a farm area so I see them dump stuff on the fields a lot.

Shari-Great job resisting your cravings!

Jenny-Nice to meet you. Great job on all the inches lost.

LaBonita-Its good to hear that you were able to get back on track yesterday. Girl Scout cookies. Mine come next week and I'm kinda dreading them.

Well, thats what I can see and I need to get to my exercise. I'm sorry if I've missed you. I wish everyone lots of self control today.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #72  
Calorie Counter

Shelby, thanks for the advice. Yes DH has insurance but he can only add me to his during the month of December. I quit my last job at the end of January (long story with the quit cut of my insurance, but the gist is my boss was going to pay the difference once I got on DH's insurance so I was getting cut anyway). I've tried that one before though, just out of sheer laziness but it didn't work (DH and I go to the same practice, but different doctors). I'm fine, really its just an annoyance.

Holyteror I hope your migrane goes away.

Michelle: I hope you get your home computer fixed! You are doing great on those stairs.

Paula, thats cool! I wish I could sew. My basement floods every year when we get heavy rains. I take a push broom an bleach to try to stop the mildew.

``````````````````````````````````````
My new job is stairs stairs staris! I guess I will be walking anywhere from 4-6 miles per night +stairs once the line gets running, It won't be vigorous, but I wont be sitting all night!

I gave my body a break last night. My kids wanted to go so bad, but I just needed to stay home. Tonight is grocery shopping night so no gym tonight either, but I will walk on my breaks today (plus I am scheduled for cleaning today, so that means wandering around aimlessly looking for paper to throw away or something to sweep for 4 hours).

Shelby, my husband hates organic anything and will only eat it if he doesn't know. I guess I just don't mind that much if I eat an apple that has been sprayed with pesticides. This girl told me she spends over $700 per month on groceries for herself and her 9 year old son. OUCH! most of it she admits is junk "organic" food.

W 80 oz
e 40 minutes
e 1700 cals (today will be more because It is pizza night)
d walk during my breaks. clean, make a shopping list.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #73  
Calorie Counter

Brandy~Shelby we posted at the same time! Brandy I know, if there was no difference it the cost it might be easier to convince my hubby. I used to work at a fresh fruit farm stand and when they brought the fruit in the smell of the pesticides was so strong, ew. I just learned to take the time to wash all my fruits. Otherwise I guess I don't really care either way.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

NurseMichelle...I'm surprised to hear you didn't like the book. For me, it was one of the best reads I've had in a long time. But that's just me...I love reading blogs, and it felt like I was reading blogs and success stories. And I love that kinda stuff too.

University is shut down again today because of the winter storm. YES! 4-day weekend...I hate snow, but I love it when it shuts down my school The bad part about that is that I'm home all day and I get bored and get the munchies...we'll see how the day goes though :\

Okay, here's my WEED for today..
W - back to 3 cups
E - NYC Ballet Workout 2, 35 minutes intervals at the YMCA
E - Stay under fat limit...I had about 70 g of fat yesterday! Yikes
D - Don't go overboard with snacking, get some homework done
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 235/205/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies,
I've been crazy busy this week, so I'm just able to post today. I have only lost 1/2 a pound, but I find I eat worse when I'm busier. I've got to use my Sundays to cook for the week. I have managed to stay away from fast foods, even though I had a serious burger/fries craving. It's always a inspiration to come here and know I can get back on track. I don't feel like I'm doing this all alone.
I've been working my WEED - the exercise I need to improve on though. I've got to go out of town for work next week and I am committing myself to eating the salads and non fried foods (it can be hard because there's always such good food at these meetings).
Happy WEEDing this week!!!
pinkcashmere71 is offline   Reply With Quote