Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #31  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals!! another day gone, I am making chicken Teryaki for dinner tonight With stirfry veggies and brown rice. DH wont be home for an hour, then I want to work out first, but I am very hungry. I am thinking about raiding my fridge and getting some carrots. So I can workout before I eat dinner.
Have a great night everyone!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #32  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Hi Everyone,
I am still new to this site. I would like to join your challenge.
What is weed is it Water Exercise ??
Please let me know what I need to do.
I need the motivation from people who are trying to lose weight too.:>
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #33  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hey everyone,
i'm exhausted, stayed up late again last night after late grocery shopping.....the weather's actin REAL weird out here.....that doesn't help me any....plus i can't tell if this is allergies or a cold comin around. eyes are watery and achy and nose is sneezy/stuff/runny. but i am TIRED. I had a bigger lunch than planned but i'm thinkin that stir fry sounds like a real good idea for dinner.
weed:
w: 100 oz, i'm a bottle and a half away from meeting that goal
e: whatever i can get in. i am gonna need rubber cement to patch up my bean. the first repair didn't work
e: on plan if i can for the rest of the day
d: get some rest and be in bed by 10.

tomorrow i have rehearsal....i hope i'm feeling better. lots of rest i suppose...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #34  

Tigga -- here's the info for the challenge -- Suz - hope you don't mind, I copied your great info from the start.

RULES:

As with all the previous W.O.W. challenges, the only real rule for this challenge is to BE HEALTHY. Be realistic, get enough calories, challenge yourself physically without hurting yourself. That's it!

The challenge will end on April 1, April Fools' Day. Set yourself a reasonable, attainable weight loss goal to get to by that day. It's that easy! We will have Weekly Thread Chats, starting every Monday until the end of the challenge... we do a new one every week to avoid having to go through pages and pages of posts. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to check in as often as they like, to share whatever they like, and most importantly to give support and to get support.

We all monitor the scale differently... but a good portion of us have found success by weighing in only once a week. Please feel free to do whatever you're most comfortable with. You may choose whatever day you'd like for your weigh-in day. Whatever you choose to do, remember that successes are not ONLY measured by the numbers on the scale, but in the ways we change our lives for the better.

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During the challenges I mentioned earlier, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.
Okay - who's ready to join us? Who's ready to stop Foolin' and start getting serious about getting pounds lost, getting healthy bodies?
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #35  

Here's my WEED for tomorrow --

W - Okay, I HAVE to measure how much water my mug holds!!

E -- Going to the YMCA at 10:00 a.m. - headed to the elliptical and arch and my 40 situps!!

E -- Need to tone down my calorie intake a bit, getting slightly out of hand.

D -- I'm going to take 1/2 hour to do something I want tomorrow (that doesn't involve cleaning, laundry, etc. ), something that only I reap the benefits of!!!

Have a great day ladies.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #36  

ahhh i haven't written in soo long..grrr

W: goin well, not as well as last week where i was just guzzlin it down by a 3 cup water bottle
E: did a little bit of ab workout, i could have done more, but i joined the march fitness challenge so that better get me goin
E: food is well..eating my points. My parents brought home chinese food today and even though they kept telling me to eat it i refused and had some tuna and pepper on some light oatmeal bread..yummmmy
D: just wanna take time to relax and not be so worried about everything...and try to find a new job
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #37  

Ahhh!! I'm afraid I can't keep up with you chatty bunch. I really wish I could because it makes me feel really guilty not to write back lengthy replies. Sorry :sad:

I got in a decent amount of walking today, 11,286 steps according to my pedometer, and I drank 2L of water but I'm afraid I had a terrible food day. I think it's great how you guys are so good aout sticking to your WEEDs though. I read the posts and stuff and you're all doing well ...I just wish I had the motivation to exercise like you the lot of you do! I know that being in university is what's stopping me (complicated situation but it's true) so come summer and beyond I'll be good. I live in a residence for university and all of our meals are in a cafeteria and it's not optional to eat there, the price of food is built into your rooms, so I'll have to live vacariously through all of you!!

Hope everyone's doing good this week and I'll try hard to pop in with some individual comments like you guys are so good at making. Bye for now!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #38  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello! Quick pop in from work!

Couldn't resist my 2 cents in for the George Lucas thing. My hubby and his sister (one of the 4 of them) are HUGE star wars fans (so am I, but to a point) but she married an enthusiast too....they were hoping their first born would be a boy and they were going to name him Annikan, like Annikan Skywalker, well she turned out to be a girl so her name is Annika. Her mother HATES that name But there is that lady golfer Annika Sorenstam (sp?)

Doing well, but I am questioning tonight's dinner choice. We ordered take out from local Mexican place, I ordered Pollo Loco, which is just grilled chicken, carmelized onions on a bed of lettuce, pico, cheese, etc. I never get sour creme or guac, I don't like them. So unless they cooked the chicken in oil or fat, I should be okay. But I bet it's higher in sodium, I usually retain a bit of water after that meal.

Be back in the morning, busy night tonight. xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #39  
One Day At A Time

OMG triplicate posts!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #40  
One Day At A Time

OMG triplicate posts!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:11 AM   #41  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning I hope you are all doing fine this lovely morning.

Had a good day yesterday. Walked A LOT outdoors, exercised indoors, drank my H20 and stayed under my calories.

WEED: SEE ABOVE, I'd like to duplicate that. And finish some work/tax papers that are due, ummmm, yesterday.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #42  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone! I had a super busy day yesterday and didnt get to post, but I behaved and did well with my WEED. I did something new yesterday. The local theater company is producing Oliver in the late spring. They held auditions last night (no I didn't audition!) I sight read everyones music as they did their vocal auditions. It really put me under some pressure (I forgot alot of vocal music uses 5-6 flats) but it went well. I'm not doing the musical, just a one night fill in for their regular.

Today will be relaxed until work tonight. It should be a good day overall.

W-64+
E-4 miles done already
E-1300 cal
D-Gonna spend some time in the library looking for a good book.

Robin-Taxes, ughhh! I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. Good luck repeating it.

Michelle-your dinner sounds yummy. I think overall resteraunt food is higher in sodium but keep your water up and it shouldn't effect you for to long.

sweettalker-Does your university offer fitness classes? I used to be able to attend aerobics for free. I think they were taught by phys. ed. students, but they were good workouts and right on campus.

Bean-Great job resisiting the Chinese food. I hope your challenge helps increase your exercise routine.

Shelby-Have fun with your 1/2 hour. Let us know what you decided to do.

Holyterror-I hope your feeling more rested. I think my allergies are starting to kick up. It seems early since there is still snow everywhere, but I did notice flowers starting to shoot through so I'm sure the trees are probably budding already too. Good luck at your rehearsal tonight!

tigga-Welcome!

Jeni-I hope your fridge raid stopped at the carrots. You are all making me wish I was a better cook. I wouldn't know where to begin to make all the things you seem to just whip out. Thank goodness my DH loves to cook.

Paula-Yummy chicken noodle soup! I think I need to go visit MY gramma for lunch soon!

LaBonita-Glad your BF responded with the nice comment after your arguement. Just when you start to really get down isn't it nice to have such a sweet moment.

Great job on your WEED everyone. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Have a great day.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #43  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Tigga! Welcome you want support, well you will definately get it here. Just like shelby's post said, WEED is our basic idea for losing being healthy.

Shelby I hope you have fun at the Y!!!

Bean-great job on refusing the chinese!! I could never do it I love chinese way too much.

Michelle, I love the name Annika. I must confess: my sons middle name is hyphenated Henry after my Dad and Austin after DH's favorite wrestler. But at least Austin is a popular name so you only know if I tell you.

Robin, Great job on the walking, just make sure you ice those knees afterwards.

Brandy, ooo I hate sight reading1 It was always the worst thing for me.

Suz, where are you??? are you feeling okay? I am starting to get worried. I hope you can check in soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I went to work out last night, DH took the kids over and played in the childrens nursery/playroom. When I got in there Makie was just sobbing and her wrist was all swollen and bruised. Aparently some boy grabbed onto her and started yanking on her arm trying to drag her up the slide. He got put in time out, but god I hope that doesn't happen again. Her arm seemed to be okay after we got home, the swelling went down and she is using it, but I may have to call and see if the doctor wants it checked out.

WEED for my day

W*80 oz
E*75 minutes
E*1200 cals
D* clean up if I can, call the doctor, go visit my dad.

HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY DAY EVERYONE!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #44  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie*
still not enough rest...i went to bed at 10:30 and still didn't knock out til at least 11. i tried

weed:
w:100 oz
e: rehearsal, and whatever else i can get
e: ON PLAN (i'm having issues *sighs*)
d: have a good breakfast.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Brandy - Yes, it felt awesome! Too bad it was AFTER the fact that I pigged out on the hershey's kisses...LOL

Quick post, here's my WEED for the day.
W - 3 cups (didn't do it yesterday)
E - 40 minutes treadmill or elliptical
E - 1200 calories, stay under fat limit
D - Go to the gym, find time to study for my Micro quiz tomorrow

Have an awesome day everyone!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote