Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #46  

Brandy: they offer classes, but you have to pay and the thing is that my schedule doesn't really allow me to take classes that I would be interested in as all the times are a little messy. Plus our campus is gym is....off campus?! It's about a 20 minute walk so you have to invest 40 minutes getting there and back (I like walking but I usually have something else to do) and I am a little gym spooked anyway. I did however do an hour long pilates video this morning YAY. finally. Motivation. I don't know what made me do it but I like it!

W: 8cups
E: pilates video I mentioned and I'm going for a walk at 2:30 with my friend
E: 1200 calories
D: focus on breathing and posture

A good day to all of you, too!!!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

tigga- Welcome to the challenge. I've gotten alot of support here the last couple weeks and I'm sure you will too.

bean- good luck in the job hunt.

sweet talker- You don't have to write long posts. Just let us know how you are doing. Just write what you have time for. You did a great job with your walking yesterday. That's a lot of steps.

Michelle- I agree that I am always thirsty after I eat Mexican food. I hope you drank lots of water.

Robin- Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Keep up the good work.

Brandy- How nice of you to fill in at the community theater.

Teri- I hope Maxie's arm is OK today.

Holyteror- Sorry you still didn't get enough sleep. I hope tonight is better.

LaBonita- Get over the kisses. That is in the past. Move forward. Remember this experience and get those kisses out of the house so it can't happen again.
Good luck with your exam tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did well yesterday staying on program. The soup was very tasty and healthy.
Today will be a challenge. I went out for lunch with my daughter and grandson. We want to a local tea room. I did much better than I expected. They had a garden veggie soup, so I had a small cup of that. I also had a small garden salad with lite dressing. They had fruit on the plate so I enjoyed that. I gave the lemon teacake to my daughter to take home for her breakfast tomorrow and I gave the strawberry pretzel salad to my grandson. I did have a couple small bite before I gave it to him. This is much better than I usual do when I go to the tea room.
Tonight I'm going to dinner and movie with my other daughter. I have no idea where we are going for dinner. I plan on trying to get a healthy salad for dinner. I will splurge and get the buttered popcorn at the movie. I've done very well all week and deserve a little treat. I will get a small popcorn and that's it. The scale is moving down and I want it to continue that way.

Today's WEED:

W- 3-4 bottles. I'd better get started since I don't want to drink too close to going to the movie. I don't want to spend time in the bathroom at the theater.
E- Try to stay on program at dinner tonight
E- Walk 20 minutes on the treadmill
D- Enjoy the evening with my daughter and Red Hat friends at the movie and not worry about eating the popcorn. I deserve the treat.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #48  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone. The hershey kisses caught me today! Bad Shari! But I did set up my appointments to get my power and gas turned on Tuesday and me and my roommate are doing a little house shopping tomorrow.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #49  
Calorie Counter

mmmmm, chocolate I hate this time day, I get the munchies, or the hungrys. I don't want to eat much before dinner, but if I wait I pig out, or I eat before my workout which isn't a good thing for me. I have some healthy snacks in my kitchen that I am heading for. If I sit too long I will end up with some of the unhealthier stuff I have. I have stuff around the house to keep my hand out of the cookie jar though. Weed is going good, but I think I am going to go over on calories tonight. I need to find some protein to help fill me up!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #50  

Me again -- here's my WEED for tomorrow, hope to fine tune everything this week and get an accurate count of calories I want to have, etc.

Hope everyone had a great day. I've kept up on everyones posting but by this time of night, I just want to get my work done and get to bed (and look where I am instead of working!!!).

WEED for tomorrow -

W -- I finally figured it out my water bottle is 22 oz -- so three a day 66 oz, is that enough -- I forget the "recommended daily waterfall consumption".

E -- Did 40 minutes treadmill today and 40 situps -- want to do the same tomorrow

E -- Fine tune how many calories I need to consume to lose weight and start sticking to it.

D -- Took my 1/2 hour to myself today and played outside with the dog, because with 2 feet of snow, I've been feeling bad for him and it was so nice to be alone with peace and quiet!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #51  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

GAAAAAH.

Hi girls - sorry for the long absence - and Shelby, thanks for filling in for me and being the "welcome wagon" for Tigga! Tigga, WELCOME!! Love to see more and more people on board!!

Okay, since I took off from work on Monday, I paid for it threefold on Tuesday and yesterday - sooooo busy. Combine that with a massive laptop meltdown, and that means no updating from me for the past few days. After dinner with the Outlaws last night (ugh), I sat down with my laptop and spent two hours running diagnostics, installing/reinstalling software, etc. I think (nay, I HOPE) that my problems are all now fixed. Stomach's still not 100%, either, but it does seem to be getting better. Now if I could only get this pesky PMS/water retention to go away...

Sorry to post and run - I will have to catch up with everyone tonight as I am running out of time this morning and I will be at the gym during lunch... but I did skim through the past two days' posts, and it's great to see you all doing so well!!

My WEED for today:
W: 100 ounces
E: 30 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes lower-body weights
E: 1400 calories
D: To NOT eat any of the many moon pies in our office... and to not get down on myself. I really am doing the best I can...

Okay, ladies - have a terrific, healthy day, and I absolutely promise that I will get online tonight and catch myself up on everyone's lives tonight before bed.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 AM   #52  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning everyone. I'm on a planned rest day from exercise but I still got up and spent the hour reading. What a nice way to begin a day. Yesterday was a good day for me. I got all my little annoying errands done, and work was good. I haven't been good at actually tallying my calories so I'm going to stop trying and just focus on portion size and healthy grains and protein. I usually do well with that plan and the numbers get overwhelming to me so they're gone now.

W-64+ oz.
E-planned day off
E-Healthy, normal portions
D-I will maintain a positive attitude today!

I am getting my blood drawn today for all of the re-testing the dr. ordered. Say a quick prayer, or send good thoughts my way please. I'm hoping the protein C fixed itself and that the B12 I've been downing is being absorbed so I'm no longer deficient. Shes checking other things, but those are my main concerns.

Suz-sorry your tummy is still not back to normal. Hopefully it'll get there today. I hate computer problems. I'm terrible with them and shove them all my DH's way. Hope things settle down at your job.

Shelby-How fun to play with your dog. That always makes me happy.

Jeni-Wow! I cant imagine what I'd have done if that kid had done that to my neice! Is she all right now? Poor little thing. I hope you stayed with your healthy snacks and out of the cookie jar. My worst time of day is about 3:30. I always want to eat then. Usually my planned snack isn't what I want either.

Shari-So happy your apartment move is coming! You've been so patient. Have fun home shopping!

Paula-it sounds like you had a very nice day with lots of socialization. Its wonderful that you are so in control of your diet while doing those things. Way to go!

sweet talker-good job with the pilates yesterday.

Holyteror-I hope your eating *issues* are calming down.

Have a great day all!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #53  
Calorie Counter

Hi gals, I hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Shelby, the reccomended is 64 oz so you are doing great!!!

SUZ, I hope you get to feeling better soon! and computer meltdowns are the WORST! I hope you got it all fixed. Are you enjoying your new furniture???

Brandy, Makies arm is Okay. I am feeling a little guilty because I haven't called the doctor. But she is using it, not complaining about it and it isn't swollen or bruised anymore. I asked last night if that boy was to come back to come and get me becasue I didn't want to leave Makie in there with him. The room was MUCH emptier last night. My guess is because of the snow that was falling. My munchie time is usually 4:30 - 630. Even If I have dinner in I am so hungry at that time I need to eat something. I didn't do too bad yesterday it could have been much much worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
DH went to the doctor yesterday and he has a sinus infection. I am sure I do too, but I don't NEED antibiotics, I just need to suffer through this. I decided if it is allergies (which it could be) I need to start taking a daily antihistimine, so claritin here I come. If it helps, great, if not, oh well. (It sucks that I don't have insurance right now (the first time I need it in over a year!)

I cant believe it is march 1st already! I made my exercise challenge goal, barely but I made it.

W~80 oz
E~60 minutes
E~1200
D~ find a way to not ant to munch after work.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #54  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning ladies.

Brandy I will definitely be saying a prayer for you. I hope everything turns out just fine. It is so unsettling having tests done. Hang in there and try not to stress too much.

glad you enjoyed your dog Shelby and with all that snow.

Suz, sorry about your computer problems and your not better tummy. I hope they are both on the mend.

All this tallk about Hershey's kisses - NOT GOOD. Although they don't tempt me too much, Peanut M&M's - now that's another story. And Snickers and Butter Fingers and Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and Fettucine Alfredo and Linguine and clam sauce. What am I doing here????? Talk about not good.

Jeni for a protein snack I love the Danon fat free/sugar free 60 calorie yogurts. I add in a bit of Fiber One cereal for well fiber and CRUNCH. Very satisfying.

Paula, hope you enjoyed the movie and the popcorn.

Sweettalker, I just got a "Pilates for Dummies" video, I've yet to check it out though. It's something I'd like to get into.

Hello to the rest of the gang!!!!

I've been doing real well this week, cut back on my calories a bit and upped the exercise, bad knees and all, I just can't help myself. I sneaked on the scale this morning and it's paying off. I will of course wait til Monday to count it as that is my official weigh-in day, especially since I'll be having a big family dinner at my SIL Sunday night. She is a fabulous cook/hostess, it's gonna be a tough one.

WEED:

W- drink lots
E- do lots
E - 1200 calories
D- finish up the never ending paperwork. Oh it's never ending, maybe that's why I can never finish it. cooking, cleaning, laundry. Taking my daughter to the mall later in the afternoon/evening. She is going away with school next weekend and wants lots of new clothing. Oh joy.

Have a great, healthy and safe day everyone.

Will be thinking of you Brandy and sending good thoughts your way.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #55  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

We posted at the same time Jeni. Sinus infections are no fun. Sorry to hear that DH is suffering from one and that you might be as well. But umm, why do you feel you need to "suffer" thorugh it and not take medication?

That is great that you made your exercise goal. You really are something!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #56  

Suz – did you get your work all caught up? A day off is great, if you can spend it not thinking about the load of work that will be waiting for you the next day.

Brandy – I hope all the blood work comes back fine – good luck.

Jeni – Great job making your February exercise goal, especially with the new job. I’m glad Makie is better. There’s a little boy at our YMCA who is the same way, I check the sign up sheet when I sign Nicholas up and if this little boy is signed up, I switch my time. If he happens to be there when I drop Nicholas off, the poor girls all know they have to keep my son away from him!!!

Robin – Dinner at the SIL Sunday? Good luck. I actually usually do better when it’s the day before weigh in, because there is more pressure and I know I don’t have two or three days to fix whatever I screwed up on. And I love the Dannon 60 calorie yogurt too – they are my staple especially when I’m craving a snack.

Shari – Can’t wait to hear about your move, how exciting. Are the hershey kisses all gone? Throw them away!!

Paula – Back to fish – have you tried Haddock? I’m not a big fish eater, but I can handle this one.

Had a very, very bad morning -- have been binging for no apparent reason, even bought junk food and ate it in the car when I got gas. The rest of the day is going to be very tough, but I think I'm back on track. I just forced myself to drink a bottle of water to stop the eating and will be holstering it to my side the rest of the day!!!

I'm sure I missed some people but time to put Nicholas down for a nap and get something done!! Hope everyone is doing well.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Blah...I'm doing really bad today. I'm starting to feel like I'm slipping... But I figured I'd try to stay positive and come up with a little bit of WEED for the second half of the day...

W - 2.5 cups....but 3 would be great
E - Yoga or Fit to Strip Floorwork and Ab work
E - Stay away from the Girl Scout cookies! And eat just dinner for the rest of the day...but watch portions
D - Get some homework done and take advantage of the SNOW DAY!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

I'm late again today. My life just seems so busy these days. I was busy this morning cutting of fabric. This afternoon I went to a varity show at my grandchildren's school my 2 youngest were doing a kung fu demo in it. Back to the fabric when I got home. I now have to walk on the treadmill before American Idol comes on.

Brandy- Good Luck in the tests today.

Robin- Congrats on the loss. I hope it stasy of through the weekend so you can record it on Monday.

Shelby- I haven't tried the Haddock. I have a family size box of tilapia to get rid of before I try another fish. I will put on my list of things to try.

LaBonita- I hope you hid those Girl Scout Cookies out of site! How is the rest of your day going?

Now for my WEED:
W- I'm working on it. I don't think I'll get the 3 bottles in today though
E- Walking on the treadmill as soon as I send this.
E- I'm done eating for the day. I may have a snack of fruit salad while I watch AI.
D- I'm going to enjoy the rest of the evening, because tomorrow will be a full day of sewing.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

The rest of the day is actually going really well! I've hit 2 cups of water, and I'm not even craving the Girl Scout cookies....the 2 that I had satisfied me! That is a first for me. Never have I been able to have less than half a box in one sitting!! LOL. So I definitely turned a bad day into a bit of a good one. All with the help of all these challenges I've joined.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #60  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

O.K. I really need to get to posting more. I have been so busy in the evenings. I have been reading, just not posting.

I kind-of fell off track a week ago. Eating like crazy and no exercise. My DH was working 2nd shift last week and that made it hard to get to the gym with two kids. Once TOM went, my eating was under control. What do you guys do when you get the out of control munchies?

I am back to the gym since Saturday. Spiced up my workout some. I warm-up on the elliptical for 5 min. then hit it hard for 1 min. Slow down for 2-3 min. then hit it hard again. I started doing sit-ups on the ball and adding new weight routines (squat thingys for my butt).

I took my measurements on the 16th and lost 8 1/2 inches all over. On Monday, a lady I work with noticed my weight loss and committed me on it. That really hit the mark. I was at the point where I was ready for someone to notice. It really boosted my esteem.

Glad to see all the new faces. Really keeps this thread moving.

Have a good night
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote