Old 01-19-2007, 07:40 AM   #91  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Aimee-CONGRATS!!! My allergies limited my diet so much that I was barely 105 pounds, and having trouble maintaining at that. I really couldn't eat much of anything and my digestion was so off I was afraid to leave the house on most days. After I had my treatments, I went overboard with eating, thus my weigh ballooned up to 189!! It sure was fun to be able to eat and not get sick though. Now I've been pretty good and I'm just trying to be healthy and enjoy food when its important for me.

As for my tests, yes they are medical. I lost the vision in my right eye 2 weeks ago. It was only gone for about 1 min., but it scared me and my dr., and yesterday I had a bunch of tests to rule out if I had a stroke, and also had an MRI of my brain because my toes have been numb since Aug. and I've had a headache for over a month. The tests were yesterday and I meet with my dr. in 1 1/2 wks for results. Gonna be a stressful wait.

I also have lost my holiday weight plus 1.5 pounds. I dont do official weigh ins until Mon., but I weigh every morning. It feels nice to have the extra off.

fatbegone-You have some good motivation. I've heard that if your goal is more health centered rather than just to "look good" you're more likely to stick with it and have success. You have that going for you.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Brandy - Wow, yah those are some crazy allergies! I would have done the same as you if I were in your situation, getting sick from food is definitely something I wouldn't wish upon anyone! I hope your tests come out fine, I am stressed just HEARING about whats going on with you. Does the doctor have any idea what might be going on?

I am feeling SO bored these days, I just want to do SOMETHING! And my bf keeps going out with his friends.. I keep getting called into work? Woooweee! I just got a call, and have possibly gone from the ENTIRE weekend off to having nothing off, grrr! Is it wrong that I want the weekend off? Or even part of it off? k.. I am done with that little vent!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Yeehaw! I am not supposed to weigh in for 10 days on the Fat Smasher diet, but I can't wait that long. I am down 5 lbs! I can aleady feel a difference in the way my jeans fit (that is - my one and only pair of jeans that I can still fit in). I love the beginning of a new diet where it comes off quickly at first.

Aimee - bummer. I am spoiled I quess. I have worked less than 10 weekends in the last 20 years. So is that overtime pay though? Sometimes I wish I had an option to work a fe extra hours for more cash, but I'm salary so it doesn't work that way. Hey- tell your bf to take YOU out

Brandy - congrats on loosing your holiday weight too! I'm sure that will be a long wait for you. I too hope everything comes out OK for you!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #94  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - I weigh everyday but only count saturdays haha.

So today... offical weigh in... -2.4! putting me .8 pound past goal! and like a week early!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #95  

fatBgone - woohoo!! Congrats on your weigh in!! Thats awesome, you are already half way to your xmas weight goal

I don't get paid overtime, I work retail, so my shifts are all over the map. It wouldn't have been any overtime pay, just regular pay. Bigger pay check, yes, but I also have stuff to do today. I think in all my jobs I've almost always had to work every single sunday, thats the WORST!

I just realized something this morning, 233-227 = 6 pounds, NOT 5! So I lost 1 more pound than I thought.

-Aimee
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #96  

Here is a "virtual" toast to us all! Yeah!!

It is going to snow here tonight. Courtnie/Aimee - you'd be laughing at us if you were here. The are calling for 4-6 inches and everyone was crowding the grocery stores/gas stations ec...to prepare for the big storm! I hope we do get it - my son wants to go sledding tomorrow!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #97  
Starting Fresh

haha we wont laugh, we dont get that much snow here - 4-6 inches and I cant get to work and schools usually close, lol
Old 01-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #98  

I am definitely laughing! Nothing slows things where I live, we had this HUGE snow storm that shut down most of the city.. but NONE of the schools! I remember my mom driving me to school in blizzards.. but if you are used to it you deal with it in better ways. Such as, my mom always had really good winter tires, so our car always made it everywhere.

I had a pretty good day today.. I was out and about all day and didn't have anything bad for me I also went shoppinng and tried on a size large vest and it FIT and looked pretty decent! I didn't buy it because of the colour though.. I also got NON stretch pj pants in an XL.. I am slight impressed with that as well Pretty decent day over here..

-Aimee
Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #99  
Starting Fresh

congrats aimee!! that is such an awesome feeling
Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #100  

Good for you Aimee,

Well,the snow is barely covering the gound. However, the kids are going to try to play in the snow (what little we got). Courtnie- I would have guessed you guys ges lots of snow!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #101  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hiya gals, I'm so glad we're all doing so well weight wise. At least that's one area of my life I can smile about.

Aimee-bummer about having to work extra. I have tons of part time jobs, but they still added together dont amount to many hours a week. I control when I work for all the jobs except 1 (self employed piano teacher/artist/bead instructor) so I never have to feel to overwhelmed except during advent and lent when my church job throws me into overdrive. The drs. really don't know whats going on with me. I'm trying to leave it to God, but I'm still worrying. I hate not knowing things.

Courtnie-Congrats on surpassing your goal.

fatbgone-Congrats on the 5 pounds! Hope your family has fun in the snow. They're saying we might get 3" before morning. We haven't had ANY accumulation yet this winter and I really miss it. I want to do some cross country skiing SOMETIME this year, and I've been dying to try out some snowshoes and haven't had the snow to do either in.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #102  
Starting Fresh

We actually dont get that much snow. And if we do get some it doesn't stay long. We got a foot or two in November - that is really rare for us to get that much that early. We got a few more inches a couple weeks ago but its gone now. It just doesn't stay cold enough here. Usually we done see snow until mid-late January. We might still get a bit more before the year is over - we do gets TONS of rain. I live pretty close to ocean though, so that helps to keep the snow away.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #103  

Brandy - there truely is no sense in stressing over whats going on with your health, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and are seeing a good doctor. As long as you are proactive about it, and are willing to consider all options.. you'll be fine.

Another day gone and I've stayed on plan - some days it feels SO easy, others not so much. Yesterday was a tough one for me.. the bf made me a great dinner so it ended up being alright. Thank goodness for him!

fatBgone - how are you doing with your first phase? When do you move on to phase 2? I am excited yet completely scared to hit phase 2 of my diet, the trick is to always start slowly I suppose.. wanna keep the weight loss going!

Well ladies I am going to late swim tonight from 9:30-10:30, I have tomorrow off from work, so it's not a huge deal with staying up so late.. and I definitely need to get into the water, it always relaxes me and makes me feel .. whole good.. not just exercise good. I am a water girl! Now if I can just stay up that late ... just 1 hour to go until I can start getting ready!

-Aimee
Old 01-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #104  

Here is the deal- I can start Phase II on Wednesday. However, I may stay in Phase I a little longer. I don't think I have been eating enough calories. Someone started a thread regarding calories and I am too low. I need to beef it up. I have not weighed since Sat. I asked the experienced Fat Smashers what I should do. I'll see what they say. I really need to beef up the excercise too. I started out well, but fizzled. This is a really long story, but the bottom line is that I let my ex-h move to my basement when the company he had worked for for 20 years closed their doors. He had been living with his girlfriend, and right about the same time they broke up. So...with no job and 2 dogs, he couldn't find anywhere to go. I did not want my kids remembering their dad going through a bad time and me not willing to help. I have my tread mill/weights/room or exercise videos in the basement. He is hopefully moving out in the next month - yeah!!! It will be so much easier when I have my house back! I was doing really well before he moved in. I was down to 188! He is the kind who like meat and potatos at every meal. He BBQ'd a LOT. I have to admitt, was nice having dinner faxed for me for a change! However, I don' want to be excercising in my living room with him there, and I tried last week in my bedroom, but there is not enough room. I need to start walking until I have my basement back. Good for you Aimee for getting out at that time of night to swim! Wow!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #105  

fatBgone - I'd get a little stressed with having an ex around, but good for you and biting the bullet for your kids sake. My mom was never mean to or about my dad, and I totally appreciate that as I've grown up. My brother and I were allowed to form our own opinion about him.

Alright, I somehow got a headache from swimming last night. Stupid chlorine, I knew that I could get a sinus infection from it, but I just hoped it would never happen. I think I might jump back into bed for a bit... see if that'll help. I'll bbl!

-Aimee