Old 01-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #46  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - I will come one of these days... I sware

as for throwing out food, I hate to waste stuff... even if I don't like it! I always just hope my bf will eat it, lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #47  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey, id like to join yall as well! I want to loose 2 pounds by the end of Jan. Good luck everyone
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
thanks for the welcomes. I did get good healthy snacks. I am also doing the magical leek soup thing that the woman suggest in the book French women don't get fat book. I sort of modify it but it seems to cleanse the body and get me back on track. Leeks are a natural diaretic so I have been losing all that water weight all day. some good and some bad in that! hopefully the WI won't be to depressing on sunday.
ttyl
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Today has been a ROUGH day! I did SO great at breakfast and lunch, and for my afternoon "snack" i sneaked off to McD's for a cheeseburger.. oops! When I got home I was feeling super tired and snacky - so I had oatmeal/coconut drops, and THEN went on to bbq pretzel mix. And finally - I had pasta for dinner, the higher fat kind. Sorry for all of that.. I felt the need to confess for some reason.

Dieting is SO hard, and I realize it's totally worth it.. but it's SO hard! And exercise? Ugh, I don't really like workout videos, and it's pouring and gross out.

How can I be struggling this early on??

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #50  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - I ate pizza! your not alone - my calories end up okay, but still... PIZZA! lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #51  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Jeez Louise, I am not doing so well at this so far. My hormones are COMPLETELY wacked-out, and my appetite's through the roof as a result. I'm not even going to go into what I ate yesterday.

However, today I'm trying something a little different; I visited the website for a book someone on this site mentioned: the Reverse Diet or something. It only reiterated something I'd already heard--that eating your largest meals at the beginning of the day and tapering off to lighter meals in the evening is better for your body AND for losing weight--but for whatever reason, I never tried it before. So we'll see where that goes, no? Wish me luck, please!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #52  

Hey Ladies,
well I had my WI and I'm offically up 2.6 for the christmas holiday. So I should be mad but last year I was up 7 so honestly I'm OK with it. I jsut need to get it down. My goal for the month I would like to say is tohit 180 but that is 8# to lose so I think I'll stick with 5# and see how it goes.
I'm down with a cold so I can't get out an excersise but I'm going to try and REALY watch what I eat.
hope every one has a good end to their weekend and a good monday.
Jennie
Old 01-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Jennie~you did much better than I did this year. I'm glad for you that it was a small gain. Best of luck getting those 5 lbs off!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #54  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi everybody, weigh in today has me down 4 of the 8 pounds I gained over the holidays!!!! HOORAY!!!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #55  

Brandy - great job!! Congrats

I was kind of flailing there for a bit, but I've regained some focus. Protein helps me lose weight, so I'm trying to get more of that in my diet. Also, eating a huge breakfast, and a big lunch helps me so much. I'm doing less counting calories and more watching the freshness of foods and trying to make things for scratch as much as possible. I'm also back up to 232
The pound that came off was fleeting!

How are the rest of you doing? Randee? Rosario? Courtnie? Even if you aren't doing good, check in... it'll help in the long run!!

-Aimee
Old 01-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #56  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

I'm down two, but since they're two I had GAINED, I ain't counting it. However, I am back on track with the eating, and restarted my exercise today, so all is well!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #57  

Hey everyone how are you all doing?
I had to stay home sick today. its so hard being at home and not snacking. I did OK most of the day but now I totally just want to munch on things. I made dinner for my son and some soup for my self so I need to just leave it at that but I really want to snack. grrrr.... its so hard to stay out of the kitchen.
maybe I should start knitting or somehting....
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #58  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

I'm back from my vacation/wedding. I gained about 10 pounds over 2 weeks! I ate like a pig but I don't think it was 10 pounds worth. Hopefully some is water weight??!! I did drink a few days and usually I don't. Doh. Well, I just want to be back under 180 by the end of the month and then down to 168 by my birthday. We shall see! i'll have to find a summer challenge because I want to be down to my goal weight by then. No more vacations until the end of May, I hope I can do it!
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #59  
outnumbered!

S/C/G: 186/182/140

Height: 5 3

Hi ladies!

I am not doing so good here. The scale just will not budge - although I did have NSV today by being able to climb the stairs with my 30 pound son in my arms and not be winded or feel weak when I got to the top - several times. But the weight not coming of is bothering me. I keep thinking "nine months on, nine months off" but it's hard to do all this work and no progress on scale. ACK!

Maybe after TOM is through bothering me I will see some change. PLEASE, just half a pound will do at this point.
justcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #60  

Cath - uhm, ditto on the scale thing! Infact, my scale keeps going UP!! We just gotta keep doing it, because what other choice is there?

I honestly don't get WHY my scale keeps going up! I've been watching my diet, eating protein, lots of veggies, no bread (which is always a bad bad thing for my body), I've even been exercising! I tell yah, this weight loss game is so confusing for me. But I am keeping on keeping on.

Is everyone already dropping off? Where'd ya'll go?

-Aimee