Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-18-2006, 03:59 AM   #31  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Monday workout: done

ellis: Thanks! i am back to my schedule now- and I learned one thing: NEVER say "Yeah, just put my name on the To-do/ volunteer- list!" again. Never.

justjodi: I bet you will be able to run soon- if you want to. At the beginning, running was so hard for me- not only becaue of cardio problems. My knee hurted like ****, then I had knee and hip problems. After a few weeks of strength training, the pain is nearly totally gone. My legs (and the hips and all that between....) is much stronger now, so my running technique is better. I donīt have to compensate weak muscles with rotating my knee somehow.

"Great job!" to everybody here exercising!!
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Default Can I Join in?

Hey Gals.

Can I join in? I know I'm joining about the end of Sept. But I have been working out all month (joined the Y) except for the last few days. Which I intend to change. I just need a little

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:55 AM   #33  
~Believe~

Morning Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess What? I walked a MILE!

I did my WATP DVD. Anyways I wanted to share with you all! Have a Great Day today ladies!

and to those who need it! [/COLOR][/FONT]
Old 09-19-2006, 08:02 AM   #34  

Height: 5'-2"

Sassy, that is wonderful!! I'm so happy for you, hon!!

I was supposed to go to the gym today, but it's TOM and I've got a headache and it's raining and I'm crabby and I didn't sleep well last night... you know.
I'm thinking of crawling back into bed.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #35  
dgpebbles

sassy - great job...you go girl

kate-you rock girl...you lead us all

ellis-sorry you had a bad day..hope today is better

I missed all last week the only exercise I got was we play softball on thursday...this week will be better...went to the gym yesterday and plan on going today after work
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

I only got 70 minutes of exercise done this month. But I'm 100% now so I'm happy. today 30 minutes aerobics, 10 minutes rower.
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #37  
~Believe~

Thanks Ladies!

I felt so good that I made it all the way through, then I took a nice hot bath and then the soreness kicked in. lol. But it was a "good" kind of sore.

to anybody needing it!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #38  
On my way...

Wednesday workout: Done

(But unfortunately at the wrong time: as I finished my workout and after the shower, I got an unfriendly phone call- now I am angry, disappointed...you name it. I better would jump on the stepper again....)

We are all doing really great!!
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

36 min Aerobics, 21 min Bike 7 miles, 10 min Rower. YAY!
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #40  

hi chicks,
ii've been keeping up with my exercise, played a little tennis with my sister yesterday and walked for a bit in the park. still doing weight training 3-4 times a week and just moving more in general. too bad the darn scale wont budge. i'm going to keep plugging away though it has to move sooner or later right???

kate- thanks for the encouraging words, i will run one of these days for now i still feel i am so out of shape i may drop from a heart attack or something. just my own sillyness holding me back for now. gaining more confidence by th day though. by the way great job on your exercising!

ellis- hope today was better for you!

welcome sassy!! good work!!

hi angie, donna, and anyone i missed let's keep moving!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 AM   #41  

Hey, girls!

I had my workout yesterday. Got on the treadmill feeling REALLY good until I started running, and then my legs felt like they weighed 300 pounds each. I decided to "get over myself", and really pushed it. I managed to run for 9 minutes and then another 6 during my 30 minute treadmill session. So I feel good knowing that, even though it was "one of the crappy days", I was able to have a good run.
Oh, and I did some weights.

Jodi, I'm glad you're hanging in there! I'm with you re: the weight. I've gained three pounds since I started exercisng, simply because I feel like I "deserve" to eat more. I'll get over that and start eating well eventually, but in the meantime, I'm ticked off!
It'll come off for you, too, hon.

Angie, wow! What a great workout!! You must be feeling great!

Kate, don't you hate stuff like bad phone-calls. They can really screw up your day. I hope you got back on the stepper... that's the best way to work off your frustrations.

Sassy, I'm with you. My legs are KILLING me! I know it's a good sore, but I wish it would go away! It seems the older I get, the longer the "good sore" lasts before my muscles realize, "Oh. This exercising thing is going to be a regular thing, eh?"

Donna, I hope you're having a better week for exercise! At least you got in some softball. Good for you!

It's a rest day for me. I've got some pain thing happening in one of my feet, and I'm hoping it'll go before my next run...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #42  
dgpebbles

well so far this week I've only managed to workout on monday...hope to get in something today..

ellis--great job pushing yourself with your run.

jodi-your doing great..keep it up girl

angie--keep up the good work

kate- your doing great as always.

ladies keep up the great work..now if I could just catch back up to you all...I've just been lazy

Last edited by dgpebbles; 09-24-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:40 AM   #43  
On my way...

Hi everybody!

Friday workout: done

I am finally realizing progress: I fall off the exercise ball today! Well, sounds very strange, but it was during a exercise in which your shoulder blades are lying on the ball and you have to do something like a twist while your hips are straight...(Yes, next time with pics). Until today, I wasnīt able to do that twist- part at all. Today was the first time that I was able to do the twist. That resulted in ball movement and a little stabilisation problem....

Thanks for the encouraging words! I finally made it to cope with my frustration with a long walk in the afternoon (Lesson learned No. 376: Never go for a walk with your neighbour who is actually going for a walk with the other neighbours dog, who wasnīt for a walk for months and is acting like that).

dgpebbles: Hope you did your exercises yesterday! Just try to remember how great it feel when you are done with it!!

justjodi: Ahhhhh, a scale monster problem! My scale is very lazy with moving as well. Unfortunately I have to monitor my weight (and exercise and food intake) this month for my Doc, so I have to wake up scale monster once a week- but we are NOT FRIENDS!

ellis: Great job! Running with 600 pounds weight in the legs isnīt easy, I know.... Well, actually you are in a better situation than I am: your legs feel like 300 pounds each, my legs LOOK like 300 pounds each (yeah, after a 5 days break I am back with PMS. Yahoo.)

Kate
Old 09-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #44  

Dear Donna,
It is now Saturday. Where is our exercising friend?

Yeah, Kate, we definitely want pictures of you doing that move on the ball. Keep at it... you're doing great!

I went for my workout yesterday. I was planning on just walking on the treadmill because I had that weird pain in one foot, and a pain in one knee. And then I forgot to use my puffer before exercising... and I had to go to the bathroom... and the battery in my MP3 player died mid-run.
Anyhow, despite all that, I managed to run for two, five-minute runs during my 30 minutes on the treadmill (no pain in foot or knee!), and although it's my "worst" workout yet, I was really happy with myself.
Oh, and I did some weights.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #45  
dgpebbles

I'm here but not doing to well again this week...I worked out on monday and jogged a little on friday...I think I'm getting sick...I've had a sore throat now for 4 days and an earache for 3 days...Next week I'm going to push myself to get back on track...I know I can do it I just need to get focused..

kate -thanks yes I do know it feels great after a workout its just lack of motivation to do it...lol love your ball story..sounds like something that would happen to me

ellis-sorry you had a bad workout but at less you did your 30 min and you had no pain which is good...I hate when my ipod dies on me...the music seems to make a world of difference to keep you motivated and pumped up..