Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #46  
make your time

S/C/G: 184/184/140

ellis~starting early on your walking program?

Today is the start day for my 8 week "bootcamp". I have 40 min of moderate cardio today and 2 sets of 10 reps for 7 strength training exercises. Instead of a gym, we go to the community center with a small weight room and my husband is goign to show me the ropes and check my form for me. This program is supposed to be challenging, so I'm a little nervous!
Old 08-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #47  

Yay ellis! Good luck on the walking program. I bet the walks up at the cottage are fabulous!

I am jealous of your bootcamp program Melra! I have always wanted to do one of those. Hang in there, I bet you'll be surprised at what you are capable of.

Oh! I almost forgot - I did 20 minutes strength training on my legs, a 30 minute run and 27 minute bike ride.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #48  

20 minutes strength training, upper body. 30 minutes on the stair machine, plus I hope to get a bike ride in at lunch.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #49  
make your time

Pretty impressive Melissa!

I got all of my reps in yesterday, but I didn't get all of my cardio-forgot about "Back to School" night for my daughter's class. I'll have to make up the rest of the minutes within the week.

Tonight I'm supposed to get in a 40-60 min moderate bike ride, but I think I might switch it out with a run instead since I haven't run since Saturday. I've also got some ab and lower back work to do tonight and I can use the ball.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #50  
make your time

I did over 60 min cardio last night-I ran 1.2 mi and then walked the rest. I didn't get the ab and back work done, so I'll do those tonight. I also have a 25 min run tonight.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #51  
make your time

Default Lonely in here!

Okay-so tonight I was supposed to get in a 25 min run in intervals of moderate to easy. Well...I just don't know how to run easy--I mean, it's not easy right now, it's RUNNING. So I didn't last the whole 25 minutes. I ran 1.3mi in 15 min. then I very quickly walked another 10 min for a total of just over 2 miles.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:22 PM   #52  

Sorry Mel! I didn't mean to abandon you.

You are doing fantastic. I always skip the ab work. I have a 12 minute tape that I always promise myself I will do, then I never make the time. 12 minutes! I can't find 12 minutes?!

I did my 20 minutes of strength training, plus my 25 minute run. The training schedule for the 1/2 marathon is still a little light. Remind me of that when I am complaining about how much I have to run!

Thursdays are always rest days. It is hard for me to do, but our coaches really stressed that we have to take the rest days. It is tough, but I have to force myself to rest.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 AM   #53  

Feeling good -- I got some exercise in this morning!!! Did a 30 minute Firm step tape, and it felt so good to move!!!

My goal is 4-5 workout days a week. It's hard getting time with my job being so busy, but I must make time for myself, too.

Rachel
Old 08-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #54  

Height: 5'-2"

Good going, girls!!

I got in an hour walk last night.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #55  
make your time

Great job everyone!

Melissa~ Wow-a half marathon just seems completely crazy to me! When are you running it? I'm planning on running a 5k in Oct, maybe one in mid Sept if I'm doing better with my endurance.

rjneeley~ do you have specific days that you work out, or are you just "winging it" for now?

I got in abs, back and some arms last night. I went light on my arms though because I was planning on doing some harder stuff tonight.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:01 AM   #56  

Go Melra!

I am running a half marathon through Team in Training. They have coaches and stuff that give you a schedule and you run with a group every Saturday. It is awesome and the money goes to charity! I didn't run at all before I joined. I was going to do the 100 mile bike ride (I can already go about 40, so I figured it would be easier.) - but I decided the run would be more of a challenge. If you can run 5K you could do the 1/2 marathon.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #57  

I ran 4 miles this morning! It is actually scheduled for tomorrow, but I have so many errands to run with my daughter that I did it today. Fantastic way to start the weekend!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:22 AM   #58  

Height: 5'-2"

Good going, you exercising fiends, you!!

I walked an hour again yesterday.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #59  
make your time

great job you guys! I took a rest day yesterday and tonight I've got 2 sets of 10-12 reps ea of 7 diff strength training exercises and also 25-35 min of cardio. I'm going to be pressed for time though b/c I have to get my daughter to grandma's house, so I might split up the abs and back work again and just do those tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:37 AM   #60  
make your time

Well, I am getting better at the running! I was able to run 1.4mi straight today at a decent pace--finished it at 14:30--that's decent, right? I got in lunges, chest presses, tricep work and something else for legs and butt. I'll do abs and back Sat. afternoon.

Can I get your opinion on something? The cardio part of this training program I've got calls for me to vary btw moderate easy and hard workouts, but I also really want to keep improving my running. The second week I'm only really running twice and it's supposed to be a 25 min run, but right now I can only go about 15-18min. I'm worried that if I don't work on it, I won't make any progress. I think I'll just keep working on my running to get my cardio endurance up. Think that will be okay? Or should I mix it up a bit as recommended?
Closed Thread