Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge Dec 6 - 12

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

TYLA SOOOO Proud that you made it to 300 DAYS!!!!! YOU ARE IN INSPIRATION! Did you do something for yourself to celebrate!?!?!

Today is 116 although yesterday is questionable... I grazed on crap all day, cookies and chocolates.... didn't feel out of control, but didnt feel good about it either... knowing that this coming Fri I am having all three meals out (poor planning on my part) I will stay on plan for the rest of the week (this is my promise to myself)... I dont have anything in the house "extra" except the cake I have to decorate but I will NOT eat the leftovers... I will NOT!!

I hope this Monday treats everyone super gently... I could sure use a gentle Monday myself!!!

Biggest hugs to everyone, day 1, 10, 100 or more!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191.5/191.5/165

Height: 5'2"

I've been lurking on this site for awhile and binging and gaining while doing so. So I'm in for the challenge Day 1 for me, thanks for being here!
beth0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #3  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning my friends!!

Day 56 here. I am remember the last time that I reached this number a couple of months ago. It was day 58 that I binged last time when my mom went into the hospital. I am proud and confident that I will not make that same mistake. I feel confident knowing that even if something unforseen happened, I would not turn to food to comfort me.

Glad to be here with you all today. Let's make today a great one.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #4  

vixsin.... interesting that you noted that you are close to your "longest" and feeling strong... my longest recorded was 140 days adn i am at 116 adn not doing well at all... i cannot shake this funk...this 'want' of crappy food... i know nothing is off limits but i am still not making good choices either... i am a little above my calorie range some days, others i am on plan but still, the food quality is more important to me than the amount of calories... urg... if only i could put my finger on what is making me funk... i have issues with my cycle as well so i never know if that is it or not! (been 115 days since my last cycle...yes, the doc knows)... i have this overwhelming feeling of "just eat until you puke and get it overwith...you'll feel better if you do" ..which i know it total crap!!! i will feel bloated, sick, my clothes will not fit, i will feel like a failure.... urg... what is it!! what is bothering me... i just want to hid and eat... urg... i can do this right? i can stay on plan... i can prove it to myself between now and friday, even with a cake due, that i will not go off plan... i will bring myself back on plan and enjoy food for what it is: FUEL!

sorry for the jumbled rant...it is just like my head - a total mess!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 301!

HAPPY, thank you so much for your encouragement and support! I really appreciate it! I have bought a few Christmas presents for myself.LOL But I really have to think of a good reward.

NOMAKESENSE, thank you for your support, too! Let's be strong, especially during this season, together!

VIZSIN, I must have been posting the same time as you. I want to wish you tons of success today, and not to think of the past. I know you will make it to the top! I'm glad you feel strong again! We are here for each other.

Hope everyone has a great day! Let's continue to stay the course!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 12-06-2010 at 10:58 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #6  

Happy, It's the holiday season that's got us all a little shakey! There's so many treats around. I've been having one here and there and I feel terrible. I don't feel myself. I think it's the sugar that's making us feel aggitated at times. I think I have to start getting back to my old healthy choices like oatmeal, fruits, vegetables and protein. I felt soooo much better then.

HAPPY, DON'T BLOW IT. STAY STRONG. IF YOU THINK YOU FEEL BAD NOW, THINK HOW MUCH WORSE YOU'LL FEEL!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 12-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #7  

that might just be it eh? i am not sleeping well because of my kids and 'stress' and adding 'extra' carbs is not helping... so maybe a few days of clean eating will clear this all up?? i know for sure i will feel more in control which = better to me!!!

thank you for making me cry at work!

i just enjoyed my lunch... a new recipe for me... ground beef, lentils, quinoa and spices/onions/garlic/peppers ... lots of protein so hopefully that will help too... now i just have to wait until the calories hit my bloodstream and i feel 'full' ...(takes me nearly an hour though, not the 20min everyone else seems to enjoy...)

breath.... just breath.... (a great song Breathe Ryan Starr)

hugs!!!! thank you!!!!!! i will remember and re-read this over and over today!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #8  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone- going to challenge myself this week. i've been doing better with bingeing this past month, had one binge sat night. i ate an entire box of pilaf and some other odds and ends. i'm mad i ate it because it makes for an easy dinner side. so here we go! new week, no bingeing!!

question- what kind of foods do you find help curb bingeing? just curious to know if certain foods make a difference

congrats to all of you- its truely inspiring!
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #9  

FRUITLADY, , I hope you see this. I want to thank you for the well wishes and encouragement to keep going when I was sick. I totally missed your note until now, when I reread all of the messages. I wasn't feeling myself the last several days, and didn't want you to think I wasn't thanking you. Wishing you the best!

TYLA

Last edited by tyla; 12-06-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

207!

Tyla--301!!! wahoo!

Fillupthesky--for me, it's not so much any specific foods that help me stop from binging, but more a concious effort and planning to make sure I don't get too hungry. Also, for the times that I do wind up too hungry, I make sure to have an easy piece of fruit or pre-cute veggies around so I can grab something quick to calm the hunger before I have to think about what else to eat. That way when I'm planning my meal, I'm not starved, which generally leads to bad deicisions.

But largely, for me, it's mental, not physical, so I could be not hungry and all and still want to binge. Then I just remind myself that when I do binge, I feel physically gross. Reminding myself of the mental repercussions rarely does any good, as the desire to binge is so mentally painful that anything seems better than dealing with that, even feeling guilty after a binge.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi chicks! I almost binge ate today - was suck in traffic and i was hungry did not want to wait till i get home so i had some walnuts and biscuits and when i got home i thought well i messed it up might as well... but i didn't. I thought what does my body need and how crap do i want to feel by the end of the day. So i didn't. I had a small dinner, then tea to feel full. Now I am happy, if i had binge eaten i would feel really crap right now. Small mistakes are ok. Note to self - not to have naughty food in the car - I might have to make my nuts into smaller portions as sometimes the only way to stop is when food is finished - smaller portions of some foods might work!!! Thank you for being there for me! I don't know how many days I haven't binge eaten for - maybe i should count them... but i have a few bottom lines including no food before bed, and i am not that good with this one - i have had 2 binges (only 1 was really bad) in the last month, both in the evening or night... that challenging part of the day...
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #12  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Tyla- Conrads on day 301! Your totally welcome, I'm glad your better.

happy- I'm with Tyla, I think the cause of your junk food cravings is the Holidays. I'm the same way right now, for me December means eat junk all month & alot of it,! It's every where, you can't go to any stores and not see cake, candy & pies.

Day 3 went good, I'm trying not to go to any stores & see all the junk food they have. When I see it, it makes me want it. I almost gave up on the whole diet, exercise & maintaining thing yesterday, my weight was so high. I didn't see that number since I was still dieting over a year ago & it made me feel horrible. I felt like giving up & eating whatever I wanted for good. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that this is who I am now, I've kept the weight off for 16mo. There's no turning back, I'm not going to be that over weight person ever again!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Day 1 and behaving myself but I feel SO HUNGRY. And back up a pound. This is so not where I wanted to be heading into the holidays.

hope for recovery - good for you for not letting a small slip turn into a major crash

happy - the holiday season is just hard - I did a Costco run and made the mistake of walking down the holiday candy aisle. I wish the sight of all that junk would make me feel ill. Instead, I want to try them all out. Sigh. One day at a time - we can do it.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Happytobe, .

Day 2, super-on-plan and feeling very good. I wish I could figure out a way to bottle this feeling, this "It is so good to be in control" feeling, so I could open it up and get a whiff of it when I feel the binge creeping in. Maybe that's why Beck has you read your "reasons" a couple times a day -- to keep them fresh in your mind (I'm referring to the book, The Beck Diet Solution, which I absolutely must re-read as soon as I'm not up til midnight folding laundry )

ETA: Tyla, WAY TO GO! 301! That is amazing.

Last edited by thesame7lbs; 12-06-2010 at 09:48 PM.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #15  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 57 and feeling great!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote