Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free Challenge ~ Nov. 30 - Dec. 6

Good Monday morning, chickies! Most of us had some challenges last week, but it's time to put it behind us and start fresh. Let's make this a binge-free week! All are welcome.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to do it this week! I've had a really bad relapse lately, but I've decided to attend my first OA meeting on Weds.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I'm going to do it this week as well. Time to make myself accountable again, it's just getting way too far out of hand again.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting day 22 today!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in!! My goal this week.....NO CHOCOLATE!!!! And paris...look at you!!! You go girl!!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #6  

This is really hard today I keep telling myself "I am in control" over and over in my head, but it is so sooooo so hard for some reason. Just wanted to admit that here, stay accountable, all that good stuff. I am determined to get back in control.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I am definitely in. I had multiple triggers pushed recently and a lapse. I am in recovery now. At least I am not in denial that the triggers are still very active, and I'm ready to commit myself to non b/p style eating. I hope the opportunity arises that I can use my NEW coping mechanisms to replace my need to binge in response to these stressors!

hot baths, exercise, 3FC binge emergency line.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #8  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

Sorry I have been scarce; I have been having some trouble w/ my dog Zena lately but she has turned around and is doing MUCH better. She is almost 100% back to her old self. She still has mammary cancer, of course, but she is walking around, going for walks, wagging her tail, walking up the stairs and playing w/ her puppy again. I am soooo grateful to have her back. We seriously thought she would have to be put to sleep last week.

Luckymommy, thank you so much for your kind words in last week's thread. I really appreciate it.

So....Thanksgiving was OK for me. I didn't overeat or binge so that was good. My weight has been stuck around 161 lately (it was 160.2 yesterday, 161.6 today) but, according to my scale, my body fat has gone down 1 percentage point in the last week. Of course, TOM arrived on Thanksgiving and is still around so maybe that is what is causing the stall. I want to be in the 150's sooo badly. I still feel fat at 161 lbs and a size 12. I want to be a more normal weight by Christmas and New Year's.

I do feel like bingeing today. I know what triggered it--a slice of pumpkin pie w/ homemade whipped cream that I ate for dessert last night. I probably shouldn't have had it, but I have been keeping the binge monster at bay today. I just have to make sure that I stay mindful of everything I put in my mouth and WHY I put it in my mouth.

Good luck to everybody w/ staying binge-free today. It's truly up to us whether we binge or not. Before every binge, there is a small window of time when I ask myself "Do I really want to do this?" In the case of last night and today, my answer is a resounding "NO!" This is not a behavior that I want to continue. This is a behavior that is hurting me and one I want to eliminate. You don't eliminate a behavior by continuing to do it. That's how you reinforce the behavior. It's easiest for me to stop the binge before it even starts.

Oh, btw, working on Day 24 today.

Last edited by EsperanzaBella82; 11-30-2009 at 07:22 PM.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #9  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi Chicks! I'm on day five binge free. I have been nibbling on the peanut butter(my favorite) for the last 3 days, but not going too overboard with it. I'm still losing weight from the last binge, but i really don't know why. I have not gone back on my strict diet. I am today just in case the peanut butter causes some weight gain. Good Luck everyone!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  

Thanks duqserb! I'm hoping to go bringe-free until the new year--that would be almost two full months. It will also be particularly hard, as part of that time will be spend at my parents house for Christmas (which I thought would be easy, but thanksgiving proved otherwise!)

Day 23
Old 12-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #11  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Working on Day 25 today.

Fruitlady and Paris, great job staying binge-free! How is everybody else doing?
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

is there anyone else who goes for months without binging, and then has a lapse? Then is kind of what happens to me. today I have not binged, not do I feel the need to. I think my triggers are very specific.

I am TIRED today though. And because of that I have a lack of appetite. so food in general looks unappealing.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsperanzaBella82 View Post
Sorry I have been scarce; I have been having some trouble w/ my dog Zena lately but she has turned around and is doing MUCH better.
Good luck to everybody w/ staying binge-free today. It's truly up to us whether we binge or not. Before every binge, there is a small window of time when I ask myself "Do I really want to do this?" In the case of last night and today, my answer is a resounding "NO!" This is not a behavior that I want to continue. This is a behavior that is hurting me and one I want to eliminate. You don't eliminate a behavior by continuing to do it. That's how you reinforce the behavior. It's easiest for me to stop the binge before it even starts.

Oh, btw, working on Day 24 today.
I am sorry to hear about your dog, so glad she is better and great job not binging through the pain and stress! This post was just what I needed to hear this morning as my mind has been going back and forth between binging at a fast food place or preparing a proper, healthy breakfast. I drove circles around and around the block trying to decide what to do and finally just came home, but my mind is still there with the greasy food. You made me realize that I don't want the binge, I just feel like I need it...it's an addiction with me and a habit I need to break. Thank you! Going to make a healthy breakfast and maybe treat myself to Subway for lunch, where I never go overboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
Thanks duqserb! I'm hoping to go bringe-free until the new year--that would be almost two full months.

Day 23
Set your mind to it and you will do it...in the hard moments think of those 20+ days you have already gone binge free...ask yourself if you really want to start all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsperanzaBella82 View Post
Working on Day 25 today.
Wow, you're almost to a whole month binge free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
is there anyone else who goes for months without binging, and then has a lapse? Then is kind of what happens to me. today I have not binged, not do I feel the need to. I think my triggers are very specific.

I am TIRED today though. And because of that I have a lack of appetite. so food in general looks unappealing.
I think I am the opposite of you. When I get really tired all I want to do is eat, eat, eat! I wish I was more like you since I am tired so much of the time these days
Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #14  

Looks like we're all doing pretty well right now! Amazing over this holiday...Day 24 today.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/196/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm 3 days in without a binge. It's so hard sometimes. I made it through the holiday... even said no to desserts at family dinner so it wouldn't trigger me. But the other day I don't know what happened. End of the weekend and I went full on binge... 3 pieces of pizza, soup, seafood pasta in garlic butter, 2 oatmeal pie sandwiches, ice cream, hoho's, christmas tree cake. Just totally dereailed myself. I don't know if it's because I allow myself a meal/day 'off plan' or if I just lose control. Maybe I need to just stay on plan at all times. I try to give myself a meal or two on the weekend off so I don't feel totally deprived but maybe that's the source of my binging. So day 3... let's see what you got!
initfor is offline   Reply With Quote